Community
Notices

Who's got just 10-15 Pounds?

Old 12-09-2012, 09:12 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
I have a business trip coming up so I will attempt to treat it like a stay at a health spa rather than a vacation where I can eat anything I want.
Pam, I think this is a GREAT approach. I can't tell you how many times my business trips were license to blow it...no one knows me and I can just eat what I want! I will use the spa concept for my next one too!

Originally Posted by jonjaxmom
I knew that it would be a tough weekend food and drink wise, and make just OK decisions and did not worry about them. Came home without a gain.
Chris, I personally think it's great to have successfully maneuvered your weekend without a gain! If I can get through the tough social occasions staying the same, I figure I'm on track!

I've been away a while because we had a long road trip from Oregon to CA for Thanksgiving and then to my nephew's wedding over the weekend. Loads of fun and didn't gain! And then I had a total knee replacement....this is on my right knee that I messed up skiing in my 20s and then didn't take care of it --> torn meniscus --> arthroscopy --> injections --> partial replacement 4 years ago (lateral compartment) --> total replacement 10 days ago. I'm doing great! The fact that I was pretty strong and fit going in has made a huge different in recovery rate, I think. At least compared to the last time I went through this. The hard part is not being able to get my normal exercise in and I'm so afraid of gaining weight! I think I may have put on a pound in the hospital, but it might also be the swelling...

So, have a great week everyone and if anyone is in Oregon and needs a recommendation for a knee surgeon, let me know. My guy is a rock star!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:39 AM
FitDay Member

Debra, glad to hear your surgery was successful. You are right, you are probably recovering so well because your in such a better place physically and emotionally this time around!
Don't worry about weight gain, keep counting those calories and try and stay within the maintenance range and you shouldnt fluctuate too too much. You've been doing so well, c'mon online during those weak moments and we will all get you through it!

hang tough ladies, be back in touch in a few days!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:09 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi All,
The business trip went very well. Actually lost about 1/2 pound - at least that is what the scale said over the weekend.

Debra, wow knee replacement. I am sure you will be back to exercising as soon as the Doc gives you the OK (probably sooner, knowing you!). Being fit makes all the difference in the world doesn't it? I keep seeing these women about my age, obese, using a walker , and (understandably) complaining about how lousy they feel. I am sure that some have an underlying condition that makes weight management difficult, but most of them just need to get moving.

Speaking of fitness, Chris, your comment about the difference a year and a couple of dress sizes makes really hit home. I know that, fundamentally, I am the same person whether I am a size 12 or a size 4, but somehow it makes a big difference in how I preceive myself and the world around me .

Anyway... I am happy and content, and looking forward to the holidays and all the craziness they create.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:18 AM
FitDay Member

Popping in quickly to say: I am 132. Woo hoo! Figured I might as well write it down now cause who knows what I'll be tomorrow? LOL.

Debra, sounds like you're doing great with the TKR!!! I had one 3 years ago but I was kinda outta shape and between that and my fibro it took me quite a while to heal. Also, beware painkillers! I know you need `em but dependency is a whole mess you don't want to get into!!!! Trust me on this one!!!

Plus I'm glad you had a good doctor!!! Mine thought he was a rock star...errr, not so much!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by canary52; 12-11-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:44 AM
FitDay Member

131 today. Lowest I've been in I don't know how long ( I question my scale.) Then again, I haven't been eating that much these past few dyas...who knows what will happen with the holidays? At least I have a cushion! (pardon the pun.) Still I am wondering could I break 130 and be 129 by New Years?
Old 12-12-2012, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

Popping in quickly to say: I am 132. Woo hoo! Figured I might as well write it down now cause who knows what I'll be tomorrow? LOL.

look at that, Hope... tomorrow and it was lower! NICE! you can definitely be 129 by New Years. You seem to have better willpower than I !

weigh in today down .5, still hanging around at 143. I just need that quick solid Kick in the YOU KNOW WHAT and I could be done with losing and officially board the maintenance train. Its not about my food choices, its about making time for me, to exercise.

Sounds like I need to set a mini goal! I know if I write it down, I must follow it, so here goes:

This week, I will drink the right amount of water every day, and I will work out 3-4 times.

There. I said it. hmmm.... now I need to DO IT! yeah! See you all again soon!
Old 12-12-2012, 03:37 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by canary52
131 today. Lowest I've been in I don't know how long ( I question my scale.) Then again, I haven't been eating that much these past few dyas...who knows what will happen with the holidays? At least I have a cushion! (pardon the pun.) Still I am wondering could I break 130 and be 129 by New Years?

Whooo hoooo! You go girl .
Old 12-12-2012, 04:09 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for your support, girls!!!

Chris, it's not that I have more willpower. I did what you just did. I wrote it down. I wrote food plans and tried to stay as close as I could without being too nuts (cause I could easily go that way and that just backfires.) You can do it, Mama!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:45 AM
FitDay Member

If the number of trips to the Ladies Room today is any indication, I am adhering to my mini goal of drinking lots of water! LOL
Old 12-17-2012, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jonjaxmom
If the number of trips to the Ladies Room today is any indication, I am adhering to my mini goal of drinking lots of water! LOL
ROTFL. That does come with the drinking of the water territory, doesn't it? I had a few nights I said let me just camp out here in the bathroom since i'll be getting up in five minutes anyway lol. Sorry for the TMI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.