Community
Notices

Who's got just 10-15 Pounds?

Old 04-04-2012, 02:52 AM
FitDay Member

Abby, congrat on your lost.
Hope, I know what you mean. I am in the same boat. My bad time is 3pm to dinner time. I usually munch from 3pm all the way to dinner time. then eat dinner, estimate about 1,000. I try a new thing. I will chew gum from 3pm to dinner. I hope this will help me not eat anything that have calories.
Mai
Old 04-04-2012, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jonjaxmom
Lastri you will get back on track.... If I can do it, you can do it. I pinky swear!
Thanks Jonjaxmom! I try every morning and end with a disaster night. Maybe I should stop trying and just do.
Mai
Old 04-04-2012, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

Mai, years ago I was the exact same way. I think in my case, the problem was being too good during the day...not eating enough. These days I make sure to get enough protein, healthy fat, and calories during the day, and I am much less prone to overeat at night. It seemed to not make sense at first; I thought eating more calories earlier on would make for a higher calorie total, but I ate much less at night, so less overall.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lastri
Abby, congrat on your lost.
Hope, I know what you mean. I am in the same boat. My bad time is 3pm to dinner time. I usually munch from 3pm all the way to dinner time. then eat dinner, estimate about 1,000. I try a new thing. I will chew gum from 3pm to dinner. I hope this will help me not eat anything that have calories.
Mai
Good idea, Mai! I am so in the mood for Chinese food and I am trying to resist. It is 4pm here, the witching hour for me with food.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Mai, years ago I was the exact same way. I think in my case, the problem was being too good during the day...not eating enough. These days I make sure to get enough protein, healthy fat, and calories during the day, and I am much less prone to overeat at night. It seemed to not make sense at first; I thought eating more calories earlier on would make for a higher calorie total, but I ate much less at night, so less overall.
Thanks Cassie, I think I am just chewing out of boredom. Some day I ate 1,000 cals right after lunch, so I only have about 400 or less for 1 snack and dinner. I still chew, chew chew. I did chew gum today. After my afternoon snack I still want to eat more. I make a cup of tea and chew sugar free gum until 5:30 and ate some dinner. It works today. I gonna try this trick again. I hope I will keep it up.
Mai
Old 04-04-2012, 01:20 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Hope my birthday is also coming up at the end of this month, so you must be a Taurus....."Strong Willed"
Chris, good job resisting at the boat show. I love those Special K bars too I carry them with me all the time in case I am tempted.
Pam, I imagine its heard to "diet" when you're entertaining.
Abby, -1 again, what are your secrets?
Nice to meet you Mai.
Me: I am down 1 pound, yeah! Was 142.4 this morning. Trying to eat lean meats instead of cheese, reducing carbs, and exercising more. I bought the Zumba dvd and did it twice , lots to learn.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:29 PM
FitDay Member

Megan and Abby way to go this week! Whoo hoo!
Pam, entertaining is stressful enough, but trying to diet during all of that would be impossible for me, glad to hear you are hanging in there! Don't give up!

Today was My last weigh in before vacation.... -1. I am finally in the 140s at 149! Honestly I'm feeling a little bit of stress with one part of this upcoming trip... 2 weeks of eating out! Hoping that the exercise we do during our daily journeys will counter balance what I eat. I'll try to keep it honest, but I do want to enjoy myself and not count the calories all the time. I figure if I eat healthy breakfasts and lunches, I can afford about 900 calorie dinners without too much effort. Remember it's all math folks! Here's where I see if all the advise I've read over these past months have stuck. My mini goal is to come back home the same weight.... Something tells me that's gonna be a tall order!! Lol
Whew! Gotta go for now, I'll be in touch soon!
Old 04-05-2012, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by megan5555
Abby, -1 again, what are your secrets?

Me: I am down 1 pound, yeah! Was 142.4 this morning. Trying to eat lean meats instead of cheese, reducing carbs, and exercising more. I bought the Zumba dvd and did it twice , lots to learn.
If I told you I'd have to kill you - wait, you seem to already know, being down a pound yourself. I have this radical system, burn more than you eat.

I'm fairly imprecise about it, it helps when I spend a weekend with my mom, instead of with my friends and DH. At this point (the end of my weight loss journey) each pound is hard fought, and I don't expect this achievement every week (or else, I'd be gone in 153 weeks!).

Sounds like you've got all the tricks.

Abby
Old 04-05-2012, 04:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Since our friends were there mostly to ski and play outdoors I was able to follow the Abby plan - exercise more than I ate. Which seemed to work pretty well .

Yesterday I discovered why meetings seem to only serve muffins, cakes and soft cookies as treats rather than apples, carrots or other veggie/fruit items. I was at an all afternoon meeting (an easy going group of 6). The plan was to bring our own lunch that we would eat as we were getting the "howdy-dos", "how have you beens" over with while eating then launch into the meat of the topics. Someone always brings treats, even though we had all just eaten.

So I am sitting there with a nice pile of carrots and sliced apples left over from my lunch. But on the table were soft oatmeal cookies and flourless chocalate cake ("no carbs"!!! Only a ton of sugar). I wasn't the least bit hungry, but you know how it is with food sitting in front of you so I think... OK I'll just nosh on my carrots. First bite...CRUNCH... disturbed the whole procedings.

So what are you going to do while everyone else is quietly chewing away on cake and cookies? I did manage to hold myself to half of a very small slice of the cake. But now I know why soft carby foods are the meeting foods of choice
Old 04-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Banned

Everybody did pretty good this week!!

Chewing gum might be a good trick to use...if it works for you.. do it!

Holidays and vacations are very hard....long as you make the best
eating decisions MOST of the time..you're doing good...but still have
fun and enjoy yourself...most important thing!

OmG it's a holiday weekend...its gonna be food everywhere for me...I have to be strong...I have to be strong! ...did I say I have to be strong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.