Community
Notices

Who's got just 10-15 Pounds?

Old 03-01-2012, 12:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Hi Hope,
Great to see you posting again. I am sooo sorry the fibro just won't let you go. I really cannot imagine what you are going through, but you are truly inspirational in not letting it get the better of you!
It's great to see you too!!! I wouldn't say I don't let it get the better of me but I try!!!!

You have always been inspirational to me, your active and interesting life and your kindness.

Out of curiosity, what program are you are? It's pretty well the way I SHOULD eat.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:09 AM
FitDay Premium Member

thanks for that link, there's some good tips in there i might try!
Old 03-01-2012, 04:53 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by canary52
It's great to see you too!!! I wouldn't say I don't let it get the better of me but I try!!!!

You have always been inspirational to me, your active and interesting life and your kindness.

Out of curiosity, what program are you are? It's pretty well the way I SHOULD eat.
Ahh shucks, thanks for the complement

I think the program is basically Atkins, but there are clearly some modifications made by the doctor who is directing this challenge. I am not totally versed on the details of the various low carb approaches, but I think the doctor is using his experience to gleen the best for each of them, without sticking to any one in particular.

Today was succesful - not with out struggles - but I stuck to it even though we had a "manditory" pot luck for some muckity-mucks visiting from the Washington Office.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:42 AM
FitDay Member

Good luck with your "mandatory potluck" Pam! And Canary is right you are an inspiration.

A depression that has been gnawing at me for two weeks broke today - I really have no specific explaination, but, I was sitting on the subway, and thinking about buying an egg white veggie snack wrap - they are a slightly decadent but not killer treat I get when I convince myself I deserve a treat. I walked towards Dunkin Donuts, and a homeless man said "hello sweetheart" - normallly somewhat offensive, but somehow, he seemed so good, and there but for the Grace of God go I. I gave him the money I was going to spend on my treat, and my depression left with it. It is a miracle, well documented, when you give you get.

And, you all are such givers, thank you for your help!

Abby
Old 03-02-2012, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

What a great story Abby! I am always looking for ways to "pay it forward" to combat depression - and my tendancy toward introversion.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Mary, what a wonderful story to get me started and out of my mild funk. I agree, I am a firm believer in karma, what-goes-around-comes-around, God blesses the generous... whatever you want to call it.

Thank-you for sharing that perfect reminder that it is the little things that keep the light shining.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Good luck with your "mandatory potluck" Pam! And Canary is right you are an inspiration.

A depression that has been gnawing at me for two weeks broke today - I really have no specific explaination, but, I was sitting on the subway, and thinking about buying an egg white veggie snack wrap - they are a slightly decadent but not killer treat I get when I convince myself I deserve a treat. I walked towards Dunkin Donuts, and a homeless man said "hello sweetheart" - normallly somewhat offensive, but somehow, he seemed so good, and there but for the Grace of God go I. I gave him the money I was going to spend on my treat, and my depression left with it. It is a miracle, well documented, when you give you get.

And, you all are such givers, thank you for your help!

Abby
beautiful story. talk about inspiration.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:58 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi all you losers!
I managed to get through the weekend pretty well. Definitely hit the calorie goal and didn't eat any serious no-no foods like white bread, potatoes, or pasta. But I did have a some cheese (I think it is off the list for the first week, but not in subsequent weeks), and I suspect there was a little sugar in the salad dressings, and dry roasted nuts. I also indulged in a small Dove Chocolate, but who can blame me for that .

I hope everyone managed OK, with no real disasters, but if so. Tomorrow is a brand new shiney week!
Old 03-04-2012, 02:52 PM
FitDay Member

Well I had been way overdue for a cheat day on the diet and today was it. Went to dinner with some friends to and Italian restaurant and man did i cheat I actually feel a little uncomfortable now. I don't think my body knows what to do with so much fat intake at once. But i had been eating super clean for at least two probably three weeks so it was well deserved. Now it's back to eating clean for another couple of weeks.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:28 PM
FitDay Member

I went off these past few days, I'm not gonna lie, but hope to come back on board. As Pam says, new week, new start!! And Pam you did GREAT. And Kimbur you deserved a cheat. I hear you about the fat intake though. I have noticed that in recent years my body has a hard time processing lots of fat, must be telling me something... Hmmmmmm...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.