Community
Notices

Who's got just 10-15 Pounds?

Old 01-10-2013, 02:06 AM
FitDay Member

Way to go, Hope!

Im back at 143 today. My goal is 140. Time to practice what is preached! LOL I'm definitely eating the right amounts now, Ive been eating about 1650 - 1700 cals a day, my body needs 1880 to sustain itself, so its making time for exercise that will be the key to hitting the 400-500 calorie deficit per day. Making time for exercise has been so darn hard. But I am making it much harder than it has to be. I took a hard look at myself and discovered that I can make the time to chat with my friends on Facebook, so if I can do that, I can make 40 minutes available to do a workout. NO EXCUSES its all on me! On a good note I have been drinking more water, so must look at the positives!

My goal for the upcoming week is to workout at least 3 times between now and next wednesday, keep with the water intake and continue eating well like I have for the last week and a half.

Got this damn thing, just watch me! LOL
Happy week everyone!
Old 01-11-2013, 03:19 AM
Banned

Happy New Year!!

I hadn't weighed myself since 12-21 and it shows... I'm 138.0
I have truly enjoyed myself that's for sure...gotta get back on it....
today...or maybe Monday

Hope everybody is doing well and we all reach our goals for 2013
Old 01-12-2013, 02:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default New to Fitday

Hello Everyone....

I am 32 years old and currently weighing in at 147. I started working out to
P90x on January 1st and have not missed a day yet. When I started I was at 148. I have been following their diet plan pretty closely and have stayed around 1400-1500 calories everyday which is hard because I'm never hungry. You are supposed to try for 50% of calories from protein, 30% from carbs and 20% from fat which has been pretty consistent for me. The workouts are hard, but I have been working hard at them as well. Why haven't I seen more of a difference in weight or body? It's discouraging.

2 years ago I weighed almost 160 and just counted calories and did half hour workouts to Biggest Loser DVD's and lost 20 pounds...I don't remember how long it took, but it just seemed to come off easier.

Any suggestions??
Old 01-12-2013, 02:44 AM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone! I haven't had much time for the forums between the holidays and working more hours, but I haven't given up. I, like some others here, also experienced a bit of a gain with all of the celebrating. I got back to really clean eating on the first and have been pretty good with sticking to it everyday (and I work in a kitchen ). I've been using my success with that to put off exercise... silly me. I'll begin today.

Chris- good luck with your working out! Its so easy to 'not have the time' for the things we really don't look forward to doing. It's great that you were honest with yourself though and that you'll be tackling it head on! I like your idea of setting a specific number of workouts that will occur within a timeframe. I'm definitely going to use that plan.

Becca- you can get back on track with your goals! We all slip up now and then, especially if we stop paying attention to our normal measures of progress.

Canary- welcome back to the boards!

Farah- welcome!
Old 01-12-2013, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tpeacock80
Hello Everyone....

I am 32 years old and currently weighing in at 147. I started working out to
P90x on January 1st and have not missed a day yet. When I started I was at 148. I have been following their diet plan pretty closely and have stayed around 1400-1500 calories everyday which is hard because I'm never hungry. You are supposed to try for 50% of calories from protein, 30% from carbs and 20% from fat which has been pretty consistent for me. The workouts are hard, but I have been working hard at them as well. Why haven't I seen more of a difference in weight or body? It's discouraging.

2 years ago I weighed almost 160 and just counted calories and did half hour workouts to Biggest Loser DVD's and lost 20 pounds...I don't remember how long it took, but it just seemed to come off easier.

Any suggestions??
I've read that it's actually quite normal to maintain (or even gain) a little bit of weight in the first few weeks of an intense workout plan if you haven't previously been exercising much. The body needs to prepare itself for the demands your placing on it, and so it decides to create more blood volume, retain fluid inside of muscles, etc. If you like your plan, I think you should stick with it for a few more weeks and maybe you'll see the weight go down and some visible results with a little more time. In the meantime, do you feel like your workouts are making you stronger? Is the diet making you feel healthier? Those two things are important too! Good luck!
Old 01-12-2013, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

I am feeling better....and don't feel like being lazy as much! I love the workouts...my husband and I work out together, so it's fun and great time spent together.
Thanks for your response!
Old 01-17-2013, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

tpea-I hear what you are saying. The same thing has happened to me. Two years ago I lost 23 lbs in about 4 months by eating healthy and doing zumba each day. I was diligent and consistent. Well, I unfortunately fell off the routine...especially after a 3 week road trip that included a week at mom's house....My mom shows love through LOTS of great home cooked meals....anyway, I slowly gained much of the weight back (140 lbs down to 117 lbs and up to 135). So I said to myself, "I've done this before, I can do this again, I'll just work out to zumba, I know the food choices that work for me" Three weeks in it....nothing! I started getting discouraged and quite honestly still am I little..but here is the deal...I know that eventually it will pay off anyway. I'm eating healthy and exercising. I don't starve myself..just choose fruits and veggies more often and try filling up on those mostly before I have the "heavier" foods. One thing I will mention. When I went for my physical and had my blood drawn my thyroid function has definitely changed. Two years ago I was at 1....this year it was listed at 3.9 (At most labs in the U.S., the normal range is from around 0.5 to 5.5. However, as of spring 2003, some experts are recommending that labs revise the range from .3 to 3.0.) I am now just shy of 43 years old and I know that our metabolism can change. If my thyroid is also fluctuating it can cause the stagnation I see in terms of having more difficulty losing the weight this time around. I bring it up because I think you should continue your workouts for all the things we know are good about it. However, I think it's also good to be aware of any medical issues that might be going on as well. For me, my doctor says that even though it has changed, I'm still in "normal" levels (and I'm not in any rush to have any meds if I can avoid it). I have, however, researched foods to help keep my thyroid healthy. I'll see if that brings about any changes for me. I'm slowly plugging away and have lost a couple of pounds. (This morning I weighed 132.5 but it's not my "official" weigh in. I weigh in on Mondays and record those in my weight loss goal.) Anyway sorry for being so long-winded. Good Luck!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

Tpeacock - that is so great that your husband is so supportive of your journey. There is nothing better than having a workout buddy!

etlosenow - glad to read that you are not giving up. Anyone who has read this board entry will see that I've been teetering around the same couple pounds since mid September. And if I could just get to it, I'd be done! I've continued to joke that I'm merely "practicing" maintenance, but the fact of the matter is, I think the truth is I've been avoiding that last few pounds because of fear. Fear that if I hit my goal weight... it means that the only direction to go now is back up. The thought of gaining back all that I worked for is just HORRIBLE! So by teetering just above the goal weight, I am avoiding my fear.

But, its a new year So, I continue with the journey. I am encouraged. Was recently up to 143.5, and today I weighed in at 142 again. So 2 pounds from goal. Again. For like the 12th week! LOL! I'm logging my food like crazy again. Its really really helping to keep me accountable. I'm staying motivated to drink my water, and work out 3x a week. At least for the last week I have been anyway!!!!

Told my husband I wanted to go to the gym once kids went to bed last night, and once they went to bed, I started folding clothes. He reminded me that I said I wanted to go. I said, yeah but look at the laundry? And he said, GO, dont worry about the laundry. We will get it all done. I am so glad he said that. So, I went to the gym and I had an AWESOME workout. Small victories!!! Hubby is not trying to lose weight with me, but he continues to be so so supportive of my efforts. When I eat poorly he does not say anything, and when I do well he's right there patting me on the back. I hope the rest of you have partners that are so supportive.

So, its been a long and stressful week, but successful for me in regard to the scale. Hoping to keep this momentum going, even 1/2 pound next week would be fantastic.

Good luck to all of you as you continue your fight to better fitness! Have a great week, I'll be checking in soon!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:57 AM
Banned

Thanks BeeBee for the encouragement!

Chris- great brownie pts for hubby...glad he got you to get your hiney on up

I'm 137.2 today
Old 01-19-2013, 05:34 AM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone!

I'm happy to report that overall I've been very good with sticking to clean eating. There was the 'exception' of two small batches of stove-cooked popcorn over the last two days. It's not ideal, but I think my time of month is approaching and I've been having insane cravings. I had gotten down to 116 for a couple days (1 pound from goal!) and now I'm up to 117.6 again. Oh well. This is where I normally give up and throw all good habits out the window, but not this time. I'm just going to wait it out and see what happens.

Chris- Congrats on making that workout! Your husband sounds very supportive.

Becca- It looks like you're back on track! Woot!

Wishing good health to all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.