Notices

Who's got just 10-15 Pounds?

Old 09-10-2012, 07:11 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Argh! Back on track...

Well, it's been a while and I've had a heck of a couple of weeks: yet another business trip and found out that my brother-in-law had a massive heart attack and stroke (at age 55!) and wasn't doing well and was in intensive care (he's in England). My poor hubby had to handle that news all by himself. I got home Friday of that week and we got a call in the middle of the night that he had passed...Then we had to make arrangements for my husband to go over and deal with all the affairs but his passport had expired. And the only way to get an emergency travel document was to go to a British Consulate IN PERSON! So, poor thing, he had to drive to San Francisco, stay with my parents for a couple of days, take care of all that and then fly out. (He's doing well over there; Skype is a wonderful thing! ). But now I'm home alone for 2.5 weeks. I do love my alone time, but gosh that's a long time!

So my weight this morning was 126!!! Yikes! I think a little might be due to some extra salt I had yesterday, so we'll see tomorrow. That said, I haven't been logging my food and I haven't been exercising as much because my knee has been acting up. And I guess I'm letting the stress be a little bit of an excuse.... <sigh>

Soooo, hogwash to it all and I'm back on track today. Logging my food and I dragged out the Wii. John usually monopolizes the TV and I haven't played on it in ages so I am having fun with that!

Thanks all for hanging in there; you are my inspiration to get back on track.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:04 AM
FitDay Premium Member

OK, not so bad today: 124.4. So a lot of that 126 was salt, but I had been staying below 124, so this is a little gain. Enough of a heads up to get me logging food again! I'M KEEPING IT OFF THIS TIME!!
Old 09-11-2012, 07:41 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome back Debra!
So glad that little glitch in the scale wasn't "permanent" . As hard as losing the weight in first place is, keeping it off is harder. I mean really! when do we get to do and eat just what we want to do & eat???.

NEVER - well hardly ever seems to be answer. Life's not fair
Old 09-12-2012, 09:31 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
As hard as losing the weight in first place is, keeping it off is harder.
Wow, do I ever agree! And I hope it's OK to hang out with you guys even though I've reached my goal.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:17 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by djslatt
Wow, do I ever agree! And I hope it's OK to hang out with you guys even though I've reached my goal.
Wouldn't have it any other way!

Weigh-in: I keep bouncing around between 130 and 132

Saturday I start the Whole Life Challenge as part of my CrossFit gym. It's fitness, mobility (stretching), and nutrition - 8 weeks. The diet is pretty much paleo which is mostly OK except that dairy is forbidden, which will be a problem as yogurt is my go-to breakfast, and cheeses are my go-to snacks. But no one is expected to be perfect . If you are curious you can look it up. The fun part will be that almost every at the gym is doing it, so much like this wonderful website, there will be a whole community of sufferers
Old 09-12-2012, 03:14 PM
FitDay Member

Debra, hang here for as long as you want. I CAN'T WAIT to join you on the maintenance threads!
Unfortunately I'm still work in progress... Tho it seems my continuation of maintenance is apparent. Stayed at 145 again. I did, however, start some weight training tonite. Hoping the claims that it can reboost metabolism is true. I'm not giving up. I am almost there. It's a struggle being diabetic while trying to lose weight. There's a delicate balance. I can't just go to bed hungry, without fears of low blood sugars and the shakes in the middle of the night. Burn off 400 calories with exercise, and then my body tells me to eat 200 calories because my blood test tells me I have to. So for me, the goal 5 pounds away will be so very very sweet!

Pam, good luck with the new food choices. Let us know how it goes, if it's been an easy transition or not. I've been able to switch to mostly whole grains in my diet, but eliminating dairy I think would be very painful!

Have a great week, ladies!!!
Old 09-19-2012, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

From 9/05/2012
Originally Posted by dear_abby
154 again, for me ….
Next week, will be lower!
Abby
And, finally it is, 153 maybe 153.5 – there is an element of judgment call on the balance scale at the gym – I’ll go with 153.5, it’s the right direction but not an unlikely swing!

Chris, good luck with your Jury Duty – did you get seated?

Debra, we want maintainers here, I hope to be one soon (and was one in May!)

Pam, hows the new program?

Abby
Old 09-21-2012, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

Hellooooo ladies!

Didnt get picked for the jury, which means I get to keep my crazy daily lifestyle. Abby, 1/2 a pound down is nothing to shake a stick at, at this point. congratulations and keep up the good work. Debra, let us know how the maintenance is going, and if you find it easier or harder than actually losing the weight.

I am down 1/2 pound to 144.5, but I have to say it has been a difficult week. I made a decision to kick it into high gear to get these last 4 pounds off, and added weight training in the mix. My diabetic body WAS NOT HAPPY with this change and I had a couple of very bad days, of low low blood sugar which was pretty scary, and it look a while to catch up to it. It is a very common struggle for a type 1 diabetic who is trying to drop pounds and there is a delicate balance between calorie deficit and not having enough to cover my daily insulin dosage. And I didnt take into account the long term burn that weight training offers, and found myself in a bad spot.

The good news is, I recognize this, and will adjust this week accordingly.

So... I was on pace for a decent weight loss this week, but once I went too low, I ate to maintenance for the rest of the week, to stabilize myself. So at week's end, I am down -.5, and sit again at 144.5. Really, after all that science this week, I will take it! Hubby's going golfing with the buddies, so me and my boys will be filling the weekend with soccer practices/games and a night off to UCONN for dinner with friends and all the kids to see the UCONN soccer team beat St. Johns. Good ol' Big East fun!

Have a fantastic weekend everybody! Keep on posting, and just keep swimming!
Old 09-22-2012, 01:19 PM
Banned

Hi Everybody!

I/m still at my last weigh in....been really busy the last week or so..

Im glad everybody is doing well.... maintaining is awesome guys
Old 09-26-2012, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

Chris, it must be very challenging to balance the weight loss with the insulin, good luck!

And for me, 153.4 – my body really likes it here, but I know there are lower numbers in my future!

Abby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.