Notices

Who's got just 10-15 Pounds?

Old 06-28-2012, 12:44 AM
FitDay Member

hellloooooo ladies! really busy week, so will have to chat soon, but for now
writing to say that I maintained this week. still 145, didnt get to exercise much. And based on my week, this IS a major victory! LOL

Have an awesome week, I'll be intouch soon!
Old 06-29-2012, 06:16 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default So close...

Hi Everyone. I'm sooo close! Today's weigh-in: 125.8!!! Less than a pound to reach my goal! I'm pretty proud of myself and nervous for maintenance at the same time. Oh well, we'll just take it one day at a time. Others have done it, so can I.

Well done, Chris, for maintaining! I always think that's nearly as good as a loss.

Welcome, rulrich06. I know what you mean about those pounds sneaking up on you. It can happen so fast...and it must be doubly hard in another country. Despite the fact I've only been with this group a short time, I think you're in the right place. Lots of support here from some great ladies.

My condolences to you, Laurie, on the loss of your grandmother. And I too love Abbey's comment about social eating. There can definitely be benefits beyond the food.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:32 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Rulrich - I can see how it would be hard to adjust to another culture's food - especially if you are nervous about some foods - I often shop in the Chinese supermarket here in Boston, because it is near work. The fish looks amazing, but I don't buy it, because it isn't displayed in the way I am used to (it's all out in the open), now, I know all the custoemrs there buy it, and don't get sick, so why shouldn't I? Just because I don't know what I am doing, so buy the noodles, and we all know where that leads...
Old 06-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Banned

Hi everybody, got on scale today...darn thing is on the blink, need new
batteries...I prob wont be able to weigh until Monday....then that week
I'm off on vacation again to NYC.

Djslatt- great job you're almost there
Rulrich- Welcome..yea the wt just sneak up on us don't it huh...I hate
that...I'm like wow pounds where you come from
Abby- yea that meat that sits out all in the opening...I always wonder about
that too...that's it too funny
Pam- yea I had a great time...eating at those parks add up bigtime!
Old 07-02-2012, 06:00 AM
Banned

Got my new batteries... Im weighing early..leave for NYC tomorrow

148.2 last weigh in...147.2 today

Good Luck to everybody on WED...
Old 07-02-2012, 01:48 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by rulrich06
Hi! I'd really like to join! I moved out to Korea last year, and was shocked to find I had gained about 10-15 pounds when I went home to visit over Christmas break. Since I didn't know a lot of the Korean food in the grocery store, I would buy a lot of pasta. And lunch is served buffet style at work. I have always been a consistent weight up until this year basically, and I really don't like it the sudden change. Let's kick these last few pounds to the curb!
Welcome! glad you found us. I know how those pesky little pounds can just keep piling on. Looks like you caught it just in time. I used to be a pasta freak! I just thought is was good for me since I could add all kinds of tasty things to it like... butter, cheese, al fredo sauce, an occassional tomato sauce and more butter and cheese. (Yeah, and it is also cheap) Little did I know how many calories I was leaving on my body - yikes! Now pasta is an occassional treat, and usually a smallish serving with a big salad. I can't wait to see what those pounds left by the curb look like

Originally Posted by beccafries
Got my new batteries... Im weighing early..leave for NYC tomorrow

148.2 last weigh in...147.2 today

Good Luck to everybody on WED...
Awesome - a full pound! See you when you get back. Get lots of walking in, and stay away from the deep fried food trucks .
Old 07-04-2012, 02:33 AM
FitDay Member

Default so . . . . .

It's been an interesting week. We lost Grandma last week and had to deal with emotional eating/grieving.

Now Monday I went to work and got laid off. Not looking for sympathys just stating the facts.

I was good and did not let emotional eating get to me this time.

I have done a lot of walking and have watched what I have eaten and have actually lost weight, so that's good.

I decided I wasn't going to add on weight to get me even more down. Not going to beat myself up over this one, just time to move on.

Hope everyone has a great holdiay!
Old 07-04-2012, 02:39 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Laurie,
I am so sorry about the layoff - crap!

But I am totally impressed by your ability to not let it turn into a junk food pity-party! Walking (aimlessly usually) when I am stressed or disappointed has always been a great therapy for me, glad it is working for you too.

Sometimes these things are meant to be - not to make like of what could be a pretty bad situation - but I'll send good vibes out the universe that this turn of events results in great new job!

So it is still Wed, even if it is a Holiday and ..... ta-da 126lbs! The scale at the mountain house doesn't do decimals, so it could be anywhere from 125.6 to 126.4. It also tends to read a little lighter than my Riverside scale, but motivation is motivation.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks!

Thanks Pam for the encouraging words Sorry to say this has been about the fifth layoff that my husband and I have gone through in about six years.

The first time I FREAKED, we ended up losing our home over it but we were able to move back home with my family and be with my Dad (who had Alzh) his last years before he died two years ago and we have been able to be here with my Grandma for her last years too.

I had wanted to move back home for a long time, so all-in-all it worked out for the best. So, we just trust God because He did not fail us and will not.

We will get through this again this time This job was through a Temp Agency (due to my LAST layoff and she thinks she will have something for me. I am going to take a week or so and enjoy the weather and my daughter and granddaughters and think about what it is I want to do.

My daughter and I have tossed around starting a house cleaning business. Her girls go to school in the fall so the timing might be right.

I had a cleaning business when my kids were little and it worked well.

SO .... we will see what God has in store for us!

Going to our park for family fun and games and then having a picnic and then going to the Fireworks with my Mom.

Should be a good one! Congrats on getting the stubborn scale to move!
Old 07-04-2012, 04:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Goal!!!!!!!!

Hi All. First Happy 4th to everyone! I'm so excited to report my scale this morning said I reached my goal!! 125.0! Yippee! Now comes the hard part. Not sure where I'll go from here (as long as it's not up!). I definitely have some toning to do (all my dancing sure helps) and if I drop a couple more pounds, that'd be OK too.

Congratulations on the 126, Pam. That is so awesome you're maintaining after so long...that's my new goal.

And Laurie, I'm so sorry to hear about all you've been through lately, but, like Pam, I'm totally impressed you didn't overeat over it. That's really fantastic.

So here's to a good 4th for all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.