Community
Notices

Who's got just 10-15 Pounds?

Old 06-16-2012, 04:19 AM
FitDay Member

Default Me too!

Hi Azazelsfyre! Got up this morning and was 142.5 down from 145. Yea!

Good job! Keep up the good work. I really do a lot better when I chart my food intake

I can't exercise a lot but am going to start walking regularly with my daughter today
Old 06-16-2012, 12:14 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Man! Y'all have been chatty while I was away.

Lots of progress reports I see! Excellent. Chris you are coming down the end here girl - great work (and thank-you for the lovely compliment)

Hope, I think walking is the very best exercise there is. I run only because I don't have the time to walk . And am I reading this right? 2 measly pounds left??? Oh my, my!

Azazersfrye - Cassie's advise is right on. It is what I did. I wasn't sure what I wanted my final weight to be, but 30 lbs just sounded like a good number to lose. I went from size 12 to size 6 with 30 pounds and was thrilled. It was a great time to learn how to maintain - and I did with some bumps along the road. After several months I decided I wanted to lose a little be more and did so. It is a wonderful feeling that I have control over my own body .

Abby I love your "never get attached to a point, get attached to the path" lovely! Isn't it a righteous feeling knowing that you make the right decision ordering a salmon salad over fettecini alfredo?

To everyone else, keep up the good work, it's bathing suit season

This should be a fun weekend with lots of activity and healthy food. I did eat pretty well while on travel last week, but the lack of exercise was made me feel a little sluggish.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:25 AM
FitDay Member

Azazelsfrye – you and I are at similary places – I’m working at maintenance, knowing another 10 lbs would be amazing, but I’m at a good spot now, and maintenance is no walk in the park. Those surprise jumps are great!

Becca – don’t you love those decade changes (and that one, if you use a beam scale is where you move a big weight!)

Laurie – you too!

Today I begin my second half century on this planet, I feel pretty good about it – maintaining, 152 still (I forgot and drank coffee before weigh in, but it’s an OK number). I am enjoying working out, and liking healthy food, I think I can face growing older.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:44 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Happy Birthday to Abby!

I always knew that 50's would be great for me, and they have indeed, they have indeed. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have

Finally did the Wed weigh-in (maybe for the first time in 3 months): 131lbs. So basically maintaining, but not at the lowest weight.

The next 2 week should be good for lots of exercise and reasonable consumption.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:12 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Finally did the Wed weigh-in (maybe for the first time in 3 months): 131lbs. So basically maintaining, but not at the lowest weight.
Pam, you are my inspiration! To stay within 3 pounds after two years!!! My hero.

I'm getting closer to my goal. 126.4 today with 125 in sight!!! So I have to keep psyching myself up for maintenance. I feel soooo great, so I have to remember that! And this lower weight is definitely good for my knee (partial knee replacement 3 years ago due to bone on bone likely due to old skiing injury...).
Old 06-21-2012, 05:48 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Abby, hope your birthday was a good one! I told my friend the other day that I was merely 29 for the fifteenth time!!
Once again, Pam shows me that the maintenance road will be manageable, once I can finally manage to get there! And Debra... boy it had to have felt good reading the scale this week... SO SO CLOSE! LoserLaurie is showing all of us that we can definitely do it!!

My scale showed -.5 lb so I am now at 145. Will be a tough couple weeks with lots of late dinners and crazy schedule. So my hope is that I can maintain this over the next few weeks and then kick it up a bit to finally hit my goal.

thats the plan, anyway. we shall see!!!!
Old 06-25-2012, 09:38 AM
FitDay Member

Made it under 130 today (129.6) first time in years. Still sticking to the Ultra Simple Diet by Mark Hyman...protein drink, whole grains, vegetables , broth, lean protein, some fruits (especially in the protein drink). Nothing else but plenty of the above. Hoping to keep at it to reach 125 but not trying to say when that will be. I appreciate all your support and really love how positive everyone is. Fitday especially helps me track exactly what I am eating and what is in it...you can't lie to a chart!
Old 06-25-2012, 11:07 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by runawayspoon
Made it under 130 today (129.6) first time in years.
Congratulations, Sharon! Isn't that just the best feeling?? I just got into the 20s a month or so ago too, after a very long time. I hope we both stay there, cuz it just feels so much better!
Old 06-25-2012, 11:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by runawayspoon
Made it under 130 today (129.6) first time in years. Still sticking to the Ultra Simple Diet by Mark Hyman...protein drink, whole grains, vegetables , broth, lean protein, some fruits (especially in the protein drink). Nothing else but plenty of the above. Hoping to keep at it to reach 125 but not trying to say when that will be. I appreciate all your support and really love how positive everyone is. Fitday especially helps me track exactly what I am eating and what is in it...you can't lie to a chart!

Well done Sharon! Yippee!

Are you starting to plan for the maintenance phase? It took me a while to figure out how to eat "normally" after being so disciplined for so long. You might start putting some thought into it

'Cuz I see 125 just down the road!
Old 06-25-2012, 12:02 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by djslatt
Pam, you are my inspiration! To stay within 3 pounds after two years!!! My hero.

I'm getting closer to my goal. 126.4 today with 125 in sight!!! So I have to keep psyching myself up for maintenance. I feel soooo great, so I have to remember that! And this lower weight is definitely good for my knee (partial knee replacement 3 years ago due to bone on bone likely due to old skiing injury...).
Ahhh thanks. But believe me it took a while to figure out, and it didn't come easy, a few slips and trips along the way

OMG! 126... sooooo close! I bet you feel wonderful. Have you stopped watching yourself in the mirror yet? I have to admit that from time to time I am still shocked by what I see when I catch my reflection unexpectedly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.