Community
Notices

Who's got just 10-15 Pounds?

Old 05-11-2012, 11:17 PM
FitDay Member

Look like everyone doing great here.
Hope: Just breath out that sight and keep faith. I did it.
I haven't write lately b/c I feel like I am not really achieve anything and can't advice anyone at this point. I feel like I am about to lose faith in this journey.
A few weeks ago I am at 140.8 then creep right up at 143.8 over night. I was very disapointed but I kept on everyday. It is very hard to keep my calories at 1200. But I start over every morning. And today I was rewarded for what I am working hard for.
I am back to 140.8 girls.

Then I have to remind myself. This is not over. The weekend is here and Mother's day is here. I need a plan for it. Family style eating is not a diet favor. I will try to eat supper slow trick (which is hard because i am a fast eater) Put my fork down after each bite. My goal is get rid of that .8 by Monday.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:53 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Mai, congrats on getting back to 140ish. Just keep your focus on the joy of family & friends over the weekend... and yeah putting the fork down between bites is very helpful, but hard for me too
Old 05-16-2012, 12:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hope everyone had a good Mother's day. It was a good weekend, but not my healthiest eating ever.

Today's weigh in 150.5 - I'm calling it maintaining, which is my goal, so I feel good about it!

Abby
Old 05-16-2012, 01:28 AM
FitDay Member

136 but I'm not sure it will stay due to the tummy factors that brought it about. I wnet off antibiotics and my tummy has been on a roller coaster (and not a fun one.)

Considering that this Mothers Day was the 40th anniversary of the last time I saw my own Mom, Mothers Day was very special. DD made me beautiful earrings, made me breakfast (amazing since she hates to cook.) DH gave me a bracelet and waited on me hand and foot. Then DH DD and I went out to dinner.

How is everyone this week?

Last edited by canary52; 05-16-2012 at 03:26 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

Yep, the weight loss train has missed my stop. I am the same today: 148
Not upset about it, I ate enough calories to maintain, some days lower, some days like saturday higher! and didnt make time for workouts this week as my schedule was CRAZY!!!!

No excuses, though. It showed myself I can live a week normally, without a hard core diet and not gain any weight, but I need to remember I can do that ONCE I REACH MY GOAL.

Today begins a new week, with a tighter hold on my food intake, water intake, exercise. Time to take ownership of these last 8 flippin pounds. They seem to really love me and dont want to leave and that is JUST TOO BAD! LOL

Happy Belated Mothers Day to all of you, stay strong and TALK TO YOU SOON!!!
Old 05-16-2012, 03:49 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Oh dang! Is it Wed already??? Forgot to weigh in, which I said I would do. But since I just finished my 3rd cup of coffee and a big bowl of strawberries, banana and yogurt, I'm not about to do it now .

Keep on maintaining... it sure beats gaining!
Old 05-16-2012, 05:40 AM
Banned

Hi guys!
Glad everybody is maintaining which is a good thing

I will be MIA for a couple weeks, have family coming in
and my Bday is coming up as well.

Don't eat too much BBQ next w/end
Old 05-16-2012, 12:56 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Hi Everyone!

I'm really glad I found you! I'm not usually one who participates in forums but I do skim from time to time. And now I think I can use some support and you are all doing so well! I just got finished reading ALL the posts in this group! Phew!

So, I'm here because I've had a problem with weight all my life -- gain some, lose some -- and I haven't been able to make it to the end goal for soooo long. I'm 5' 3.5" tall and my highest weight was 173! Yikes! I lost 44 pounds on NutriSystem (it works despite the fact I don't think it's very healthy and it's pretty easy to gain when you go back to regular food) and I saw the 120s for a very brief moment. I then managed to gain 20 of that back and hovered around 145 or so for another couple of years. Fast forward to this past January. I started yet again, but this time with FitDay (I've been using it off and on for several years). I'm pretty religious about logging my food and exercise and I'm now down to 131.4 (today) and oh so close to the 20s again...My current goal is 125 but we'll see what happens when I get there!

I'm pretty lucky on a couple of fronts: I love healthy food and it's pretty easy for me to stay away from junk. That said, I can easily overeat healthy food. (I come from a food-is-love family...) The other lucky thing is I love to exercise. We live out in the country and our property butts up against a timber sale that's like my own private forest. So I take my dog for a walk (up hill -- my favorite!) every morning. And...my hubby and I started ballroom dancing 7 months ago and I'm totally addicted! What a great form of fun exercise and isn't it great he'll do it with me?? Although, I must say I was prepared to do it by myself! And then there's Pilates -- another of my loves.

So back to why I'm here...I really need to keep my resolve this time. These last few pounds are going so slowly, but I don't really want to go into major diet mode for fear of not being able to keep it off. This past weekend I had a pot luck on Friday, which I think went OK. But then we went out to dinner on Saturday to a fabulous restaurant and I ate way too much (including the most delicious tiramisu!). So instead of getting back on track on Sunday, I didn't log any of my food and picked at everything all day long. What a wake-up call! I gained a couple of pounds and it's taken me 5 days to get to where I was before the weekend! After all these months, my brain can so easily slip back into old habits. I DON'T WANT TO GAIN THE WEIGHT BACK THIS TIME!!!!

So thanks to all for being here and congrats on all your successes.

Debra in Oregon
Old 05-17-2012, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Becca have fun during this down time, and
ENJOY THAT BIRTHDAY!
Myself, I'll be layin off that BBQ for at least a week! LOL

Debra, welcome. Nice of you to join in!
Old 05-17-2012, 04:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by djslatt
I'm really glad I found you! I'm not usually one who participates in forums but I do skim from time to time. And now I think I can use some support and you are all doing so well! I just got finished reading ALL the posts in this group! Phew!

So, I'm here because I've had a problem with weight all my life -- gain some, lose some -- and I haven't been able to make it to the end goal for soooo long. I'm 5' 3.5" tall and my highest weight was 173! Yikes! I lost 44 pounds on NutriSystem (it works despite the fact I don't think it's very healthy and it's pretty easy to gain when you go back to regular food) and I saw the 120s for a very brief moment. I then managed to gain 20 of that back and hovered around 145 or so for another couple of years. Fast forward to this past January. I started yet again, but this time with FitDay (I've been using it off and on for several years). I'm pretty religious about logging my food and exercise and I'm now down to 131.4 (today) and oh so close to the 20s again...My current goal is 125 but we'll see what happens when I get there!

I'm pretty lucky on a couple of fronts: I love healthy food and it's pretty easy for me to stay away from junk. That said, I can easily overeat healthy food. (I come from a food-is-love family...) The other lucky thing is I love to exercise. We live out in the country and our property butts up against a timber sale that's like my own private forest. So I take my dog for a walk (up hill -- my favorite!) every morning. And...my hubby and I started ballroom dancing 7 months ago and I'm totally addicted! What a great form of fun exercise and isn't it great he'll do it with me?? Although, I must say I was prepared to do it by myself! And then there's Pilates -- another of my loves.

So back to why I'm here...I really need to keep my resolve this time. These last few pounds are going so slowly, but I don't really want to go into major diet mode for fear of not being able to keep it off. This past weekend I had a pot luck on Friday, which I think went OK. But then we went out to dinner on Saturday to a fabulous restaurant and I ate way too much (including the most delicious tiramisu!). So instead of getting back on track on Sunday, I didn't log any of my food and picked at everything all day long. What a wake-up call! I gained a couple of pounds and it's taken me 5 days to get to where I was before the weekend! After all these months, my brain can so easily slip back into old habits. I DON'T WANT TO GAIN THE WEIGHT BACK THIS TIME!!!!

So thanks to all for being here and congrats on all your successes.

Debra in Oregon
Debra, are you my long-lost twin!!!!

I too started in the 170's - the heaviest ever. Prior to that I had flirted with a number of diet options. I never did Nutrisystem, but way back when I belonged to the Diet Center. With FitDay's help starting in early 2010 I lost 45lbs, 35 in the first 4 months and then another 5 that year, and recently another 5. I am now hovering around 130 - sometimes 128 (whoo hoo - haven't seen that in many a year!) and sometimes 131. I will ultimately get to 125 this summer - I can just feel it. .

I definitely share your luck.

Like you, my eating habits are pretty good, but in the last 2 years I have all but eliminated fast food from the diet. An occasional small burger every 4 or 5 months and maybe a small pack of fries - but not at the same time. I have noticed that they don't really taste as good as I remember.

And I am an exercise fanatic.

Check into the did you exercise thread when you get a chance.

And welcome, glad you are here!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.