Notices

Who's got just 10-15 Pounds?

Old 04-23-2012, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

just got back from 2 weeks in the southwest ... hiking, canyons, AWESOMENESS! 1300 pictures and 30 resteraunt meals later... OY!

I thought about weighing in this morning, but I'd rather just wait til Wednesday. Overall I think I maintained pretty well. Treated myself to a few microbrews, shared a few desserts, but in general I made decent food choices when given the option. We'll find out on Wednesday if I am just kidding myself!!! LOL.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:07 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Hi Guys, Im back. Was looking at hopefully the LAST college and DD will hopefully decide. We went to Asheville a great very foody town and I overindulged (not on junk but on actual food but still...) I was 136 when I left on Wed and am now back at 138.

Was hoping to be 135 by my b-day but since it's this Thursday, that might not happen.

Congrats, Pam!! Great job!! My heroine!! I cannot stay on 1200 even to lose...maybe that is why I am not losing. That and not exercising enough!!!!!

OK new week, new start, right?
Welcome back. IMO eating a little too much good food may add a pound or 2, but isn't a really a problem to your overall health. Best of luck getting through the college decisions. I think you are so close to 135 you can give yourself a "close enough" for your birthday

1200 cals takes quite a bit of planning, but with planning it can be done without feeling deprived or terribly hungry. But it is relative easy for me not having cherins (thanks Mike) and having a very supportive DH. In fact DH lost about 5lbs accomodating my dietary needs. Watta guy, huh
Old 04-23-2012, 02:31 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Welcome back. IMO eating a little too much good food may add a pound or 2, but isn't a really a problem to your overall health. Best of luck getting through the college decisions. I think you are so close to 135 you can give yourself a "close enough" for your birthday

1200 cals takes quite a bit of planning, but with planning it can be done without feeling deprived or terribly hungry. But it is relative easy for me not having cherins (thanks Mike) and having a very supportive DH. In fact DH lost about 5lbs accomodating my dietary needs. Watta guy, huh
Watta guy indeed! I should come eat with you guys!!!! I'm having enough trouble just staying at the 1650 cals I've alloted myself. But I know you are right: it IS all in the planning.

What are cherins?
Old 04-24-2012, 02:51 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by jonjaxmom
just got back from 2 weeks in the southwest ... hiking, canyons, AWESOMENESS! 1300 pictures and 30 resteraunt meals later... OY!

I thought about weighing in this morning, but I'd rather just wait til Wednesday. Overall I think I maintained pretty well. Treated myself to a few microbrews, shared a few desserts, but in general I made decent food choices when given the option. We'll find out on Wednesday if I am just kidding myself!!! LOL.
Welcome back Chris. Hey the SW is pretty spectacular! I don't remember where you call home, but for me being eastern born and bred, I was just blown away by the openess and vastness. I never thought I had agraphobia (fear of wide open spaces), but I have to admit that there was just a bit of that during my first couple of visits. Now I find the eastern outdoors a bit clausterphobic .

Whatever weight you may have put on, I am sure it will melt right back off again once you get back to your routine.

Chirrens is the southern pronouciation of "children"
Old 04-24-2012, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Pam, the openness was a bit overwhelming! But certainly something I'd like to try to get used to! I'm an east coast New Englander, so the SW was vastly different and FUN!

Hope you are right, new week, new start. Glad your trip to Asheville went well, that is the important thing!

Keep swimming ladies! Talk to you at tomorrow's weigh in!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:10 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks so much for starting this thread!! And Grats Pam!!!

I finally made it to my goal weight last summer (bikini-bottom weight!) However, I began at the heaviest I'd ever been, and although the total ~40lbs lost went relatively gradually - the last 10-15 were more of an ill-advised sprint! Needless to say I quickly spun out and ended up with 20 of the pounds back and an unhealthy relationship with food. I spent a few months working through my issues and started back on the 20 lbs in January!

As expected there's been hills and valleys - but the progress has been slow and steady with about 8lbs down since I (re)started. I appreciate the outlet for support, but I also have a question. Has anyone had any luck calculating/determining a realistic personal TDEE? I have a small frame and the various online calculators appear to give me far more calorie burning ability than I seem to actually receive from excercise!

Thanks again!

Desiree
Old 04-24-2012, 11:42 PM
Banned

Welcome back everybody!
Good Luck Today
Old 04-25-2012, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

Guys, I am a northeasterner too but I remember being BLOWN AWAY out west. Would love to go back there. So glad you got the chance to go and enjoy it, Chris. Welcome back.

So, Pam, you are my inspiration. I decided to plan my meals ahead and try to keep around 1200-1300 calories. I am not going as strict as you diet-wise but just trying these steps, which I think do work. This morning the scale said 135. I couldn't believe it so I kept weighing myself (obsessive, I know) and even before eating, it finally said 136. But you know what? Since tomorrow is my birthday, I am claiming 135 and I figure with the planning and reduced cals, that will be the reality anyway.

How are you doing? How is everyone on this thread?

Sorry I have not gotten the chance to read and respond more but things have been hectic. Good news: DD finally decided on a college (with our help, of course) and we are all so happy!! Time for a low cal celebration!! She is going to a warm weather place so she wants to trim off 20-30 lbs (which sadly she does need to do) so I am trying to help and be an inspiration (as opposed to nagging, which never works, as I think many of us know.)

I thought that what's chirren meant!
Old 04-25-2012, 12:45 PM
FitDay Member

So I did gain .5 of a pound. I suppose that's pretty good considering all the eating out that was done! I can tell you exactly where I gained that half pou d too! Lol So I'm at 149.5. Time to hunker down!!! Back to life, back to reality!
Old 04-26-2012, 12:10 AM
Banned

.5 is good and you were gone 2wks for VACATION...excellent my dear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.