Notices

Who's got just 10-15 Pounds?

Old 04-05-2012, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

Pam, I can't help it but laugh when the crunch of carrot distract everyone in the meeting. I know it is so hard. But you did well though. Just half a very small piece. I have a friend who does weight watcher. She have a bite of desert everyday and lose very well. Just one bite... But I can't. I rather have non than 1 bite. One bite is like a tease.
Look like every one did terrific job.
I am doing Ok, I would like to cut down more calories and work out more. I did Tae bo for 3 days now. I like it. I hope at the end of the week I will see a new number.
Mai
Old 04-06-2012, 07:06 AM
Banned

165.4 last week, 161.8 today
Old 04-06-2012, 09:03 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by beccafries
165.4 last week, 161.8 today
WOW great job becca!
Maybe you can use those nearly 4 pounds as a reminder to keep things under control of the holiday weekend . Last week when I saw 130 on the scale for the first time since I was maybe 18, it was very inspiring, and really helped me maintain the self control with company in the house. (Now if I could see it again sometime... 131, 132...)

Mai, I am lucky that I don't have much of a sweet tooth, so the very sweet chocolate cake didn't send me into a sweet-seeking missile. But there are a few things that I really cannot even taste w/o finishing the plate or bowl - cobblers, ice cream (the really good high fat varieties - of course), and often just really good artisan breads.

So dig deep everyone, figure out what is your best motivator to manage portions and choices over the holiday weekend. But those of you celebrating with friends and family, make sure you don't let food be the center of your thoughts - positively or negatively. Enjoy the holiday and company. And those of us w/o major celebrations planned, let's just try to maintain those good habits we seem to have during the week.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:38 AM
FitDay Member

Smile frustrated

I am STILL trying to lose 10-15lbs to reach my goal weight. Two years ago I started my dieting and for a year have been stuck at this weight and trying to reach my goal weight. I used to work third shift and it really messed with my whole body. I usually crave carbs a lot and that's where I screw up, so if anyone has a healthy, crunchy, flavorful snack that'd kick that craving in the butt-let me know!

Starting Weight: 170
Current Weight: 127
Goal Weight: 110-115
Old 04-06-2012, 07:26 PM
FitDay Member

Default I'm in

I'm currently 8 pounds above my normal weight and 15 above my ideal weight (139). I've been in bed with a terrible head cold this week, high fever etc and feel like a weakling, so it will be a pleasure to start moving again!! FitDay has worked for me before so here I am again. I know that keeping calorie intake down is more important to my weight than working out, although muscles of course keep the metabolism revved. Anyway, am happy to be in like company!
Old 04-07-2012, 01:23 AM
FitDay Member

2 Pounds down since I restarted. . However, I have a weeding to go tonight. I have to think about my -2 to keep myself under control.
Mai
Old 04-08-2012, 07:06 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by mandee08
I am STILL trying to lose 10-15lbs to reach my goal weight. Two years ago I started my dieting and for a year have been stuck at this weight and trying to reach my goal weight. I used to work third shift and it really messed with my whole body. I usually crave carbs a lot and that's where I screw up, so if anyone has a healthy, crunchy, flavorful snack that'd kick that craving in the butt-let me know!

Starting Weight: 170
Current Weight: 127
Goal Weight: 110-115
Those last 10 or so are SOOOO hard to lose. You and I have a similar history. The biggest problem with trying to restrict carbs is that they are everywhere. Unlike high protein foods. Here are a few of my go-to foods: Jerky (beef, turkey, salmon... whatever) it is a little pricey, but it staves off the hungries, sticks to the ribs and has virtually no carbs. Nuts (preferable raw, and in moderation). Sometimes I weigh out 1/2 or 1 oz portions to carry with me. Soup, it seems odd to have soup as a snack, but the "soup in hand" products come in 100 cal servings and are very satisfying. Hard boiled eggs - not much crunch but they to have that savory flavor. I love raw veggies and eat them a lot, but sadly they just don't work as well for a carb substitute.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by megan5555
Hey Hope my birthday is also coming up at the end of this month, so you must be a Taurus....."Strong Willed"
Chris, good job resisting at the boat show. I love those Special K bars too I carry them with me all the time in case I am tempted.
Pam, I imagine its heard to "diet" when you're entertaining.
Abby, -1 again, what are your secrets?
Nice to meet you Mai.
Me: I am down 1 pound, yeah! Was 142.4 this morning. Trying to eat lean meats instead of cheese, reducing carbs, and exercising more. I bought the Zumba dvd and did it twice , lots to learn.
I am a Taurus, DH is a Taurus and DD is an Aries. Wanna talk strong willed? But we are also earthy and creative, right, fellow Taurean? (Taurean - is that a word BTW or did I just make that up?)

Obviously, you are strong willed. Look at you losing weight!!! Congrats on the loss!!

Last edited by canary52; 04-08-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:18 AM
FitDay Member

Default Maintain....

153 again, fine with me after the weekend I had! I'll respond to all of you soon.
Abby
Old 04-11-2012, 02:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Wednesday weigh-in

130.8! 1 more lousy pound until I hit the 120's.

OK, that's my motivation for the rest of the week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.