Notices

Who's got just 10-15 Pounds?

Old 03-30-2012, 09:53 AM
FitDay Member

Guys, thank you for your support. Abby, you are right it is a big picture thing but I had to laugh because I weigh myself in the morning AND at night!!!

Becca, I am looking at today as a new start since I have def fallen off that wagon with lots of sodium - as JonJaxmom points out. And Megan I am in the same boat as you (to mix metaphors with wagons and boats.) As for The Biggest Loser, maybe if I had Jillian or Bob whipping my butt and chefs whipping up meals I'd be in great shape too!!! (that or in the hospital from exhaustion.)

But today I resisted high sodium soup AND cupcakes (my DD and her bff baked 6 dozen for one boy- bff's bf who is so buff and weight conscious I think he will be alarmed by them. The girls ate 8 of em already. Uh huh. Don't ask) No salty soup, no cupckaes I am a winner!!! Of course, it helps that the cupcakes are made with Mountain Dew or Monster but the pb choc ones (the only ones not made with caffeinated beverages) smell pretty good.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:04 PM
FitDay Member

Good for you Hope, resisting cupcakes!
Yeah Chris, you're down another one! Have a great vacation next week!
Abby -2 ya hoo!
Hello Jubilee, nice to meet you!
Becca, you are not alone, Hope and me are in the same boat......"staying afloat".
I have been working much harder this week by avoiding cheese, bacon and butter. For example, only one slice of cheese in my sandwich, lean meat instead of bacon, and no butter. Also I bought 1% milk instead of 2, and so far my DH hasn't noticed....yeah! And....I'm cutting out grape juice 1 c = 170 cal.! which is all sugar. And...I turned down apple pie tonight. Think I'll go eat an apple now. Bye for now,
Old 04-02-2012, 03:32 AM
FitDay Member

I survived our boatshow! will spend this week unburying ourselves and staying afloat lol. The free food was a challenge, but I definitely made the most of it. I ate grinders without mayo or oil, and took off the top of the bread, to lower the white carbs and calories. instead of the cookies, I brought apples and oranges. The day I caved to eat the hot dogs, I had a healthy breakfast and a salad for dinner. I'll let you all know wednesday how the weigh in went.

I have to say, last year I remember when one of the directors brought in a tray of 200 homemade choc chip cookies for all of us, I must have had 10 of them. this weekend, when he came around, I ate a Special K 90 calorie cereal bar. didnt even miss them, that's HUGE for me!!!! Ladies, if I can do it YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Have a great week!
Old 04-02-2012, 04:58 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi All,
Just a quick check in. I've been at our Mt house with house guests all week - lots of fun and lots of skiing and other activities....

But I did want to point out that the folks on the Biggest Loser are starting at 300lb+. At that weight, 5 to 10 pounds per week is a very low percentage of their total body weight and therefore "relatively" easy to lose. At most or our weights, 5 to 10 pounds is a much greater % of our body and thus a much greater challenge to do in a week. In fact, it is reasonable to say that if any of you lost 5 pounds in a week, you are having a pretty serious health problem.

That being said the show has a lot of interesting and instructive elements. Not to mention some funny and very poignant moments.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:24 AM
Banned

WILL POWER at its best You go girl!!

Originally Posted by jonjaxmom
I survived our boatshow! will spend this week unburying ourselves and staying afloat lol. The free food was a challenge, but I definitely made the most of it. I ate grinders without mayo or oil, and took off the top of the bread, to lower the white carbs and calories. instead of the cookies, I brought apples and oranges. The day I caved to eat the hot dogs, I had a healthy breakfast and a salad for dinner. I'll let you all know wednesday how the weigh in went.

I have to say, last year I remember when one of the directors brought in a tray of 200 homemade choc chip cookies for all of us, I must have had 10 of them. this weekend, when he came around, I ate a Special K 90 calorie cereal bar. didnt even miss them, that's HUGE for me!!!! Ladies, if I can do it YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Have a great week!
Old 04-03-2012, 12:23 PM
FitDay Member

Hi, I have been jumping around, can decide what thread to stick with. A motivation thread is very supportive but too hot and I can't catch up. I actually have exactly 15 pounds to lose. And I hope to get it off for good.

I have been try to get back on for a few weeks but it's been extremely hard. Each time I start over is double or even more difficult.

Today I ate 2.5 cupcake(something I am not craving for normally). I felt disgusting. Where is my will power? I used to be so good and just have a bite. Now I gobled everything.
Mai
Old 04-03-2012, 12:26 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jonjaxmom

Have a great week!

Wow, You are such an inpiration. I wish I will be back on track soon.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:55 PM
FitDay Member

Lastri you will get back on track.... If I can do it, you can do it. I pinky swear!

Last edited by jonjaxmom; 04-03-2012 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 04-04-2012, 12:19 AM
FitDay Member

Default I’ve sunk to a new low

153!!! Down another 1 – with Easter it will be about maintaining this week (and I get Greek Easter next weekend too)

Welcome Jubilee, let us know how to cheer you best!

Hope, cupcakes are pretty hard to resist (but explain this to me, there’s a bakery in Boston that makes a cupcake which serves 6, isn’t that a cake?)

Becca – steady is good.

Chris, a Special K instead of home made cookies, you are good!

Pam, wise words about biggest loser, they aren’t a reflection of what I need to do.

Mai, I like the pace of this thread, and we’d love to have you here!

Looking forward to cheering for all of you today!
Abby
Old 04-04-2012, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

A cupcake that serves 6 is definitely a cake!!!

I am 137 today; heavy sigh. I was at 136 yesterday but I ate 2 dinners: steak and green beans earlier with DD; soft shell crabs later with DH. Obviously, it is not only cupcakes I have to resist!

My goal: 134 by the end of this month (around my b-day time.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.