FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/6790-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-02-27-12-a.html)

ToriD1012 02-26-2012 04:24 PM

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12

Technically it's Monday morning here on the East Coast, and I'm still awake. So I figured I'd start us off. I got my second wind this weekend and am raring to go. Well, maybe it wasn't a second wind, but a swift kick in the pants. But whatever works. I have more drive right now than I think I had on Day 1. I realize that I'm capable of more, so I'm going to try and push myself more this week.

Health/Fitness
1--calories at least 1100 no more than 1400
2--64 oz water or more daily--I did well this weekend, so I know that I can do this, I just have to make myself
3--stick to new work out schedule--M:Zumba Tu:Cardio Burn W:yoga Th:Zumba F:Cardio Burn Sa:yoga Su:day off--I may need some help pushing myself with this one. We all know I slack when it comes to my workouts. Yell at me, call me names, whatever it takes!
4--walk: Tu, W, Sa, Su--at least 3 miles each--again, I may need some pushing and provoking
5--Weigh and Post daily--M:204.0 lbs
Life/Home
1--wash, fold, and put away all vacation laundry
2--clean out car (again)
3--don't stress about it, but at least think about it
4--first week back from work, DON'T KILL ANYONE (namely my vacay replacement)

I guess that's it. Hope y'all join me on the wagon this week. If not, I'll get awful lonely!!!:(;)

kimbur96 02-27-2012 12:30 AM

I'm in! I'll post later with goals :)

Tori Glad you got your second wind and that your home safely, lets make this a good week. I'm starting the week off feeling pretty positive.

bojibridge 02-27-2012 01:04 AM

Hey, guys, I'm in this week, too! I was around last week, just really busy so not much in posting mode. My big goal for the week is to see under 160 before I head back to Illinois to visit old friends on Saturday. This morning I weighed in at 162.2, so could be a stretch, but aim high, right?

Goals:
1.) Less than or around 1300 calories/day
2.) 64 oz. water/day (I recently started on a medication that's a bit of a diuretic, so I really want to stick with this one)
3.) Exercise 3x (third time will be a stretch, but I'm aiming high!)
4.) Don't fail Astro 585 exam on Tuesday
5.) Finish Astro 530 HW by Wednesday
6.) Talk to potential advisor about research

fit4luv 02-27-2012 02:12 AM

Me! Me! Me! I'm in!

I feel much better than I did at the beginning of last week. Thanks to encouragement last week, I have a fresh new outlook.

Tori ~ I'm going to watch your workouts this week. That's going to be my focus on you. So be aware! :)

Kim ~ Thanks for your encouragement last week.

bojibridge (Joanna) ~ Numbers 1, 2 & 3 will help you to remain focused for the other parts of your life & help you to reach your 160 lb goal. Great goals! Go for it!

ETA: Joanna -> I just noticed that you lost about 30 lbs. You are awesome!!!

~~~~~~*****~~~~~~

I'm posting 1st portion of my FitDay Challenge. More to be posted later. Keeping same goals except I'm going to up the water for 64 oz daily.

---->>>>
http://yoursmiles.org/ksmile/redheart/k1809.gifFitDay Challenge *~* March Onward
Check-in:
Sun = Cushion Day {Respite with Reason} . . . Daily = x6/wk
“A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Lao Tzu

MON MISSION -> Think & Drink Water: 16 oz/x4
{Trying out a new method for me. It worked on the weekend.}

TUES MISSION -> Walk: 3 mile

~~~~~*****~~~~~

Let's all aim to have a FitDay today!;)

canary52 02-27-2012 02:15 AM

Hey all!!! Tori, we will help push you! Kim, positive is good! Joanna, why not aim high? What's that saying about reaching for the moon and it's OK if you just make it to the stars. I'm sure I'm messing it up. Luv, I am so glad you are feeling better.
Hope this week is a good one for all.

I am in a terrible fibromyalgia flare so I am going to make my goals simple.
1) lower carb
2) avoid sugar
3) stretch, even gently
4) 6 glasses of water every day
5) do not be critical

I have been trying so hard to lose this weight but I think I have to focus this week on healing. I hurt all over.

quinnesec 02-27-2012 02:34 AM

I'm in! Life is back to normal (my normal, anyway ;)) so it's time to get back in shape for spring. Luckily, here in the north, I have a bit of time before I can trade sweaters and boots for shorts and flip-flops, so I had better get moving.

I'm really excited to get back on plan. I'm giving myself 6-8 weeks to get back in the same shape that I was last summer. Should be very doable. Not getting on the scale until at least Friday though. :o

1. Take ALL vitamins and supplements.
2. 80 oz. of water a day, or more.
3. Calories ALWAYS under 1200.
4. Walk, weather permitting... nasty winter storm coming in mid-week.
5. NO bread... nothing, nada, zilch.
6. Minimum 3 fruits and veggies a day, preferably more.
7. One 1 hour nap/relaxation period each day. (Need to recharge the 'ol batteries... :o)

fit4luv 02-27-2012 02:38 AM

Call out to Tori ~~~

I see that you do Zumba tonight! Have fun.

I added for my Tues Mission to do a 3 mile walk. You keep an eye on me & I'll keep an eye on you to do 3 miles. Deal?

Anyone else who wants to join in, please do.

fit4luv 02-27-2012 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 74251)
I have been trying so hard to lose this weight but I think I have to focus this week on healing. I hurt all over.

Hope ~ http://yoursmiles.org/gsmile/flower1/g40019.gif I think you sound quite reasonable. So sorry for your pains.

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 74255)
I'm in! Life is back to normal (my normal, anyway ;)) so it's time to get back in shape for spring. Luckily, here in the north, I have a bit of time before I can trade sweaters and boots for shorts and flip-flops, so I had better get moving.

I'm really excited to get back on plan. I'm giving myself 6-8 weeks to get back in the same shape that I was last summer. Should be very doable. Not getting on the scale until at least Friday though. :o

Yea Quinn!!! Great incentive to be ready for the nicer weather. I'm with you on that. I've a goal for our anniversary in April. So you and I have somewhat the same time frame in mind.

canary52 02-27-2012 03:05 AM

Thank you, Luv. You really are a luv. It means so much to me to have those hugs, I can't tell you.

I have a similar-ish time frame to you guys. I think it's a good idea to motivate each other. I want to lose weight and get in better shape by my birthday in late April.

Quinn, so good to see you here! I like your goals. I should do the no bread. But I will try to just do sugar free and LESS carbs and see how that goes.

yourbadd 02-27-2012 03:13 AM

My weight didn't change much last week, I'm up a few ounces. I'm gonna chalk that up to the copious amounts of snot in my sinuses right now!! I have been so congested the last few days, I'm so miserable!!
I really want to keep my momentum going to I plan to push myself this week, cold or not!!

Fitness Goals:
1. Calories under 1500:
2. Ride bike 5 days(30mins each):
3. Keep protein above 46g/day:
4. Keep water intake above 80oz/day:

Life Goals:
1. Buy swimsuit for this weekend's get away
2. Have ALL laundry done by Friday morning
3. Spend less than 3 hours at work(this is my week off)
4. Get daughter's hens ordered for her 4-H project
5. Have bags packed by Friday night for early departure Saturday AM!!!

01gt4.6 02-27-2012 04:43 AM

From a month ago...

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 70416)
Okay... the "prizes" for this bet seem awefully one sided. I know I'm the only dude in this crazy camp but remember I live in a house full of crazy females. I'm use to standing my ground.

I'll come up with a fair one for me that I think we can all agree on. My last 1/2 marathon I did it in 3:03:01
MyFinisher Center – Search Results

That was with beautiful weather. I have no idea what the weather, or my back will be like in another 5 weeks!

For every pound that I gain, I drop a minute off my time. For every pound that I lose, I can add a minute to my time. I know that Tori is going to say something like "I cut 5 mintues off of my 2 mile time", that 3:03 is already 45 minutes faster than my original race. Considering that I can't run farther than 100 yards and that's faster than a 14 minute mile, that's MORE than fair. :cool:

Tori, what's your plan?

I'm down just about 2 pounds in less than a full week!

My back has really been bothering me, I just got back from the chiropractor. I'll be doing the race on an old, worn out, pissy pair of shoes (I'll take pics of the grass stains from cutting grass in them) and no real training just to prove how much you can do with will power and determination!

My goal for this week:

1. Finish 1/2 marathon in 3:05!

taubele 02-27-2012 04:50 AM

I'm posting really quickly on my lunch break, but hugs to all, let's go get 'em this week. Tori!!!! If you don't do your workouts this week there will be CONSEQUENCES! When I am not so frazzled I'll come up with something :D

My goals are an extension of my shift mid-last week to get myself back in an exercising habit, so they're a little different than normal, but I feel good about them.

Weekly Goals

Food/Exercise/Lifestyle Goals
1) Calories between 1200-1400. Really aiming for 1300.
2) 30 Day Shred EVERY DAY. No excuses, not even working late!!!!
3) 1 or 2 extra cardio sessions at the gym
4) Calorie deficit of 4,000-5,000. If I keep cals at 1300 every day, this should be extremely doable.
5) In bed by 11:30 every night
6) Protein between 25-30% on average for the week
7) At least 80 oz. of water daily
8) Take my multivitamin
9) Weigh in daily and post here M: 160.4
10) No eating out for lunch all week, with the exception of lab meeting

Other Goals

1) Continue job search/applications, follow up on jobs with no news
2) Get midterm exam(s) done by Wednesday, latest
3) Take some "me" time every day
4) Don't sweat the small stuff

I'm really trying to get myself back into good habits, and I find I'm more motivated now that I'm forcing myself to work out every day. I burn just over 250 cals on the Shred, so it's not much, but I can feel the soreness and I hope there's some muscle building to help with my overall burn. The soreness is lessening, as well, so maybe the weight numbers will move. I don't mind that it's up from my low right now as I'm sure it's due to soreness/water/what have you.

Also, not eating out for lunch is going to be rough on me, but I know that I've been getting lazy at lunchtime and going out to eat. I make healthy-ish choices, but no matter what, I know I'm getting smacked with sodium. Going out to eat should be a treat, not a habit, unless necessary -- and it's not. I am perfectly capable of arranging my own food! Discipline is the name of the game.

Still on the job hunt but I am trying (and so far, succeeding) to keep a positive attitude. Sending lots of follow-ups out this morning on jobs. I'm expecting to hear a "no" back from most of them considering it's been 3+ months in some cases with no word, but it's better to know.

Happy Monday, all!

~Terri

Kay_in_PA 02-27-2012 05:06 AM

I'm in. I'll have to come back later and post some goals, but I'm in.

Kumochi 02-27-2012 05:35 AM

I'm in A good active week last week but too many days of eating out. Hope to show more loss this week. Same plan as last week except less restraunt meals. Mary

dar n 02-27-2012 08:01 AM

Hi everyone I would like to say I am in but things have been a little crazy here, so I will try:o. Hope you are all well.:D

Lizards13 02-27-2012 08:07 AM

Good start to the week and I'm hopeful that I can keep it together this week.
It's either a feast or a famine where the social life is concerned and it looks like the next few weeks are on the feast side of things so it will be a struggle.

Goals this week

1 Keep to under 1250 per day.
2 Start drinking water, even a little
3. Exercise, any amount, any type, at least every other day.

General
1 Book holiday for Sept
2 Finish holiday photo DVD
3 Continue my TEFL course

Happy Monday everyone

Lizards13 02-27-2012 08:44 AM

April Hope things are going ok for you, thinking about you and wishing you well.

ToriD1012 02-27-2012 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 74274)
I'm down just about 2 pounds in less than a full week!

My back has really been bothering me, I just got back from the chiropractor. I'll be doing the race on an old, worn out, pissy pair of shoes (I'll take pics of the grass stains from cutting grass in them) and no real training just to prove how much you can do with will power and determination!

My goal for this week:

1. Finish 1/2 marathon in 3:05!

aahhh finish it in 3:07...I was up 2 pounds, and that can be my punishment. Giving you more time :cool:

Originally Posted by taubele (Post 74277)
Tori!!!! If you don't do your workouts this week there will be CONSEQUENCES! When I am not so frazzled I'll come up with something :D

oooohh can the consequences be in the form of a really hot personal trainer?????

Originally Posted by kimbur96 (Post 74236)
I'm in! I'll post later with goals :)

Tori Glad you got your second wind and that your home safely, lets make this a good week. I'm starting the week off feeling pretty positive.

Kim, thanks! I'm also on the positive side of things, glad that I have some company

Originally Posted by bojibridge (Post 74240)
Hey, guys, I'm in this week, too! I was around last week, just really busy so not much in posting mode. My big goal for the week is to see under 160 before I head back to Illinois to visit old friends on Saturday. This morning I weighed in at 162.2, so could be a stretch, but aim high, right?

Joanna, good to see you again! Hope all is going well

Originally Posted by fit4luv (Post 74249)
Tori ~ I'm going to watch your workouts this week. That's going to be my focus on you. So be aware! :)

haha, Luv, you're so sweet, it'd be like being scared of a bunny rabbit! but accountability helps!!!

Everyone else, sorry I didn't get a chance to reply personally to you, running late for Zumba. But know that I'm rooting you on!!

I'm missing some people though......Amy?? Cassie?? April?? Mern?? Where are you guys????????

01gt4.6 02-27-2012 11:29 AM

I may end up with 3:07 but I'll go as fast as I can. Thanks for the invite on yelling at you and pushing you until you puke this week!

kimbur96 02-27-2012 11:32 AM

Goals:
Health:
Calories: 900-1300
Weight lift x5
Cardio 6 hours
Plank x 5
Weekend some activity
Personal:
Vacuum the car
Organize the garage

RunbikeSki 02-27-2012 11:37 AM

Back from an awesome trip

Hi Everyone,
I actually forgot it was Monday (even though I am at work), therefore time to start a new plan.

If you ever get the chance, take a long train trip. We had such a wonderful time. A relaxing 2 days (with a 2 day stop in Portland OR) to Montana, 4 vigorous days of cross country skiing and then a 2 day (nonstop) relaxing trip back to SoCal. Basically 4 overnights in a sleeper, a total of 8 meals - all quite good - and a few opportunities here and there to get off the train, stretch the legs and catch some fresh air.

DH is off planning the next train adventure :eek::D.

I'll post pix later

So this week will be interesting. Those of you who were around about this time last year may remember a rambling discussion/debate about me trying to lose the "last 10 pounds". Ultimately I decided that I would focus on building muscle by joining CrossFit and just maintaining the weight. Well this year a couple gym buddies started a low carb, 8 week or 10lb challenge and talked me into joining. So Wed the challenge begins.

I have never been much of a super low carb dieter, but hey, I am pretty sure I can manage for at least 4 or 5 weeks.

So for now:
Goals for the week:
1.) 1 liter of water, just water, everyday
2.) 2 CrossFit, 2 Yoga, 2 runs
3.) Weigh in Wed and post
4.) Get meal plans together for the week
5.) Get trip pictures uploaded and posted
6.) Start seedlings for spring garden

Weekend:

7.) Cut back bougainvilla vine
8.) Dig and replant 2 small shrubs in front garden
9.) Feed and prune roses
10) Pick-up and plant new peach tree.

Mike, good luck on the 1/2 mara, but you really need to get a training program so you don't go out and kill yourself on these walks and take 4 weeks to recover. And why does 3:05 look familiar ;)

almeeker 02-27-2012 11:55 AM

I'm here. This week is going to be NUTS, and my hands are in very bad shape, so typing is difficult. I have 10 fingers, just like everyone else, and almost every single one is cracked right now, there is seriously blood on the keyboard. We've had a cold snap and I've been sewing, 2 things guaranteed to split my fingers wide open. I'm eyeball deep in Betsy Ross costumes. My DD (love her but could KILL her) is doing a presentation on Betsy in a competition this Sat. It's split, part is Betsy at 14 and then again at 24. At 14 she's a Quaker daughter, grey dress, white cap, white apron (and ugh so plain it could be prison clothing). At 24 she's a widow, black black black, with a 1/2 finished flag across her lap. Why does she do this to me? Why do I let her? I've already told her that next year she must start earlier and do her own rassin frassin sewing. On top of all that her February reading project is due Wednesday, so she's down in the basement right now building a log cabin. I hate to say it, but I stood back and made DH do that one. It's keeping her alive right now, because between my hands and her neck there is a flight of stairs and a table saw.

But I have to tell you I feel good about her doing this competition. It's hard to explain, she's really an average kid, goofy, a little chubby, obnoxious, frequently a pain in the butt, all grandiose ideas and very little work ethic, however when she puts on her bonnet and takes the center of attention, she's something else. She brings something to it that is hard to define. Another parent watched her monolog last Friday, and she turned to me and said "let's have our girls put together a group project next year and we can sweep the whole thing and go to National's together". I do think our daughters would compliment each other well on stage, but they might kill each other in the process.

Anyway, my fingers are in bad shape, I'll be reading along this week. I'll post some goals hopefully tomorrow. Right now I have to put kids to bed.

No baby bunnies yet, should be any time now, she's built a nest and has been licking the mineral wheel A LOT. Poor thing, you can tell she's uncomfortable, she can hardly hop with her big fat belly, it's about dragging on the cage floor. She also spends a lot of time giving Romeo Stud Muffin the evil eye, and really you can't blame her.

kimbur96 02-27-2012 12:16 PM

Almeeker hope your hands get better sounds painful. I'm sure there will be lots to read and keep you entertained while your fingers recover.

01gt4.6 02-27-2012 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by kimbur96 (Post 74305)
Goals:
Health:
Calories: 900-1300
Weight lift x5
Cardio 6 hours
Plank x 5
Weekend some activity
Personal:
Vacuum the car
Organize the garage

:eek:Gee what are you going to do with all your spare time? I guess you plan on living in the gym.

kimbur96 02-27-2012 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 74311)
:eek:Gee what are you going to do with all your spare time? I guess you plan on living in the gym.

I'm averaging two hours a day at the gym 5 x week :cool: I have increased my calories this week though. Last week by friday i was exhausted and I think it was because i was to restrictive on the food.

01gt4.6 02-27-2012 12:55 PM

So I take it that the 6 hours of cardio isn't included in you 10 hours at the gym, or is it? Pretty hardcore.

ToriD1012 02-27-2012 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 74304)
I may end up with 3:07 but I'll go as fast as I can. Thanks for the invite on yelling at you and pushing you until you puke this week!

wait an effing minute! I'm pretty sure I said push me, provoke me, and call me names. I don't remember ANYthing about PUKE!!! And I'm still all for the provoking, not so much down with the puking.

First day back went.....well it went. To say work was a disaster is an understatement. I'm roughly a quarter the way through last week's paperwork, and then I get to start on this week's. yay. And that's just the paperwork side of the job. My work station was a mess. I used lots of colorful language today, and will probably use more of the same tomorrow. Calories were over today, but I ain't stressing over it. It'll all even out by the end of the week. My cousin bailed on Zumba tonight, but honestly didn't really think she'd go through with it. It is what it is, I'm not going to hold my breath waiting on her. If she shows next Monday, great. If not, I'll go it alone again. I'm finally getting a little better rhythmically :rolleyes: I'm not sure if it was extra hot in the studio tonight, but I was sweating bullets! And I'm not much of a sweater. Seriously, I used to be able to play 7 full innings of softball in mid-June South Carolina heat and humidity and barely break a sweat. So, maybe that means it's working??? Tomorrow I'm gonna go hang with the ex roomies for a bit. My other cousin (remember the refrigerator stealing one?) said she'd walk with me. It's in a rough neighborhood, but it'll push me a little more. There's some hella big hills, so it'll hurt in a good kinda way.

Pam-good to see you back! Sounds like your trip was a blast!

Amy-sorry to hear about your fingers. but aren't you just Super Mom making those costumes!! And awww baby bunnies any minute! I know the DD's are excited.

Gotta run to Wal-Mart for some stuff that I forgot the other night. And to put gas in the car. Will post goal updates later.

Shalafi 02-27-2012 01:44 PM

Tori *waves*

I'm in!!! and Hi to all.

Health/Fitness
1-calories at least 1000 no more than 1100
2-64 oz water a day- Yeah This mite be the biggest challenge for me!
3-stick to new work out schedule- Finish lvl 2 of 30 day shred on Monday start lvl 3 tuesday for the next 10 days. *flex* I can do it, or die trying.
4-Post and Blog daily
5- Roller blade at least every other day min of 30mins
Life/Home
1- clean out garage!!!!

kimbur96 02-27-2012 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 74314)
So I take it that the 6 hours of cardio isn't included in you 10 hours at the gym, or is it? Pretty hardcore.

Opps! 6 was meant to be a 4. And yes that's included in the 10. I lift for 45-60 minutes and then do cardio 30-60 minutes.

01gt4.6 02-27-2012 02:12 PM

Tori, we all know that women don't normally say what they mean. It's okay, I knew what you meant. That reminds me that I need to check and maybe tween your goals. :)

Shalafi, welcome aboard! Your first goal doesn't leave much room for error. I'm guessing you are good at planning ahead.

Ladies, I had a hectic day today. Once again went straight to the gym from work, didn't even get to change. So I am still working out this week and trying to write policies, even though I don't have it listed in my goals.

01gt4.6 02-27-2012 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by kimbur96 (Post 74321)
Opps! 6 was meant to be a 4. And yes that's included in the 10. I lift for 45-60 minutes and then do cardio 30-60 minutes.

Okay, good. I was wondering.

01gt4.6 02-27-2012 02:14 PM

Okay Tori, your goals look good, if you stick to them.

ToriD1012 02-27-2012 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Shalafi (Post 74318)
Tori *waves*

I'm in!!! and Hi to all.

Hi! And welcome! Mike was right, you're not leaving much room with your calories! I'm pretty good at planning ahead, but not THAT good! I'm right there with you on the water! It's been a goal of mine to consistently hit 64 oz for a while. I've yet to do it for a solid week. Word of advice, the thread is kinda slow right now, but once it gets going it can take on a life of it's own. Don't feel the need to read through everything. A lot of us can't. I on the other hand, usually have no life (BF is deployed and have no kids) so I can afford to spend a little extra time reading and posting. Welcome Along our Crazy Ride!!!

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 74322)
Tori, we all know that women don't normally say what they mean. It's okay, I knew what you meant. That reminds me that I need to check and maybe tweak your goals. :)

Dude, first, spell check is our friend. Secondly, I normally say what I mean. You don't need to read between any lines. Unless I'm bitchin about something, then even if I'm wrong....agree with me :D

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 74324)
Okay Tori, your goals look good, if you stick to them.

yay me! good goals!! I nailed the water today....70.7 oz of it!! Now, if I could just lay off the Diet Dew I could probably keep up with your gallon a day :o And we all know that I start to slack on my workouts as the week goes by. THIS is where I need the pushing and prodding.....harass away ;)

Shalafi 02-27-2012 03:56 PM

Tori,Mike *huggles*

Thanks for the welcome! As for my cals I'm not great at planning ahead i just really REALLY want this. Also my problem has always been not eating more then once a day sometimes once in over a 24hr period and living on coffee, lots and lots of 200+ cal coffee. ohh I need to add that to my 7 day list , Eating every few hours!

Im 5'2 and currently 130lbs with a sedentary life style (which i don't have but what I like to calculate at) I can eat 1670ish cals a day to maintain my weight so i figure 500 cal def is 1170 but with my eating habits i push to eat small every few hours and try to get to 1100.
hmm that was a bit of a ramble :eek:

Anyway thanks again for the welcome I am always ALWAYS online so ill be posting alot and look forward to making friends and supporting those who want my kinda quirkyness;)

ToriD1012 02-27-2012 03:58 PM

Monday's Totals

Health/Fitness
1--Calories at least 1100 no more than 1400--1475
2--64 oz water or more daily--I did well this weekend, so I know that I can do this, I just have to make myself--70.7
3--Stick to new work out schedule--M:Zumba Tu:Cardio Burn W:yoga Th:Zumba F:Cardio Burn Sa:yoga Su:day off--I may need some help pushing myself with this one. We all know I slack when it comes to my workouts. Yell at me, call me names, whatever it takes!--M: YES
4--Walk: Tu, W, Sa, Su--at least 3 miles each--again, I may need some pushing and provoking--M: N/A
5--Weigh & Post Daily--M: 204.0

Life/Home
1--wash, fold, and put away all vacation laundry--N
2--clean out car (again)--N
3--don't stress about it, but at least think about it--YES
4--first week back from work, DON'T KILL ANYONE (namely my vacay replacement)--no death.

All in all, the day ended well. Work was hectic, but I didn't expect it to not be. It's going to be hectic again tomorrow (still behind and it's my busiest day of the week) but I'll get through it. Have to work Wednesday (normal day off), but I have Saturday off again, so it's a lose/win.

Goin to bed. 'NIGHT Y'ALL!!!

ToriD1012 02-27-2012 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Shalafi (Post 74330)
Tori,Mike *huggles*

Thanks for the welcome! As for my cals I'm not great at planning ahead i just really REALLY want this. Also my problem has always been not eating more then once a day sometimes once in over a 24hr period and living on coffee, lots and lots of 200+ cal coffee. ohh I need to add that to my 7 day list , Eating every few hours!

Im 5'2 and currently 130lbs with a sedentary life style (which i don't have but what I like to calculate at) I can eat 1670ish cals a day to maintain my weight so i figure 500 cal def is 1170 but with my eating habits i push to eat small every few hours and try to get to 1100.
hmm that was a bit of a ramble :eek:

Anyway thanks again for the welcome I am always ALWAYS online so ill be posting alot and look forward to making friends and supporting those who want my kinda quirkyness;)

You don't want to go too low though. I aim for an average of 1200-1300 a day, but like to set my goal 11-14, that way I've got some play and by the end of the week, my caloric average is usually around 1300. What is your weight loss goal? I also had a tendency to not eat. One of my biggest issues is making myself eat some days. Because I went over in my cals today, I'll probably not want to eat tomorrow (it's kind of a cycle I'm in on Mon/Tues). But I've learned that I HAVE to eat to lose! And while you were living on coffee, I was living on Diet Mountain Dew. I ramble a lot, so don't worry about it. And I'm quirky enough, we don't need any more of it ;);)

bojibridge 02-27-2012 04:12 PM

Goals:
1.) Less than or around 1300 calories/day: 1279
2.) 64 oz. water/day (I recently started on a medication that's a bit of a diuretic, so I really want to stick with this one): 96 oz
3.) Exercise 3x (third time will be a stretch, but I'm aiming high!): 1 down
4.) Don't fail Astro 585 exam on Tuesday: T-9 hrs, so we'll see!
6.) Talk to potential advisor about research: Wrote email

Got off to a good start today, I think. My midterm is tomorrow morning... I'm not feeling uber confident about it, but I just want it to be over at this point. I hope you all had a good day!

Shalafi 02-27-2012 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 74332)
You don't want to go too low though. I aim for an average of 1200-1300 a day, but like to set my goal 11-14, that way I've got some play and by the end of the week, my caloric average is usually around 1300. What is your weight loss goal? I also had a tendency to not eat. One of my biggest issues is making myself eat some days. Because I went over in my cals today, I'll probably not want to eat tomorrow (it's kind of a cycle I'm in on Mon/Tues). But I've learned that I HAVE to eat to lose! And while you were living on coffee, I was living on Diet Mountain Dew. I ramble a lot, so don't worry about it. And I'm quirky enough, we don't need any more of it ;);)

Lol I'll try to keep the quirky down.
Low is bad I know im trying to make it to 1100 a day and have cut back to two cups of coffee a day made at 112 cals. yeah I miss my coffee.

My weight goal is 105lbs. ( however its not just a number im also working on not being squishy so i do weights, resistance and strength training in my work outs as well as abs and cardio)
I was 105lbs after my last child in 2001 ( I have 4 tweens/teens) and continued to say between 105-110ish up untill about 5 years ago when I got really sick and due to meds and life style got to 155lbs. In the last 2ish years i have gone from 155 to around 140ish.( this was with out trying and just from not being sick anymore)
Most days I do about high 900 in cals and once in a while, eh average id say is once a week i wont count cals at all and have what I call a "fun" day.

ToriD1012 02-27-2012 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by bojibridge (Post 74333)
Goals:
1.) Less than or around 1300 calories/day: 1279
2.) 64 oz. water/day (I recently started on a medication that's a bit of a diuretic, so I really want to stick with this one): 96 oz
3.) Exercise 3x (third time will be a stretch, but I'm aiming high!): 1 down
4.) Don't fail Astro 585 exam on Tuesday: T-9 hrs, so we'll see!
6.) Talk to potential advisor about research: Wrote email

Got off to a good start today, I think. My midterm is tomorrow morning... I'm not feeling uber confident about it, but I just want it to be over at this point. I hope you all had a good day!

Joanna, look at the GREEN girl! I'll be sending you some good juju for your exam tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Shalafi (Post 74334)
Lol I'll try to keep the quirky down.
Low is bad I know im trying to make it to 1100 a day and have cut back to two cups of coffee a day made at 112 cals. yeah I miss my coffee.

My weight goal is 105lbs. ( however its not just a number im also working on not being squishy so i do weights, resistance and strength training in my work outs as well as abs and cardio)
I was 105lbs after my last child in 2001 ( I have 4 tweens/teens) and continued to say between 105-110ish up untill about 5 years ago when I got really sick and due to meds and life style got to 155lbs. In the last 2ish years i have gone from 155 to around 140ish.
Most days I do about high 900 in cals and once in a while, eh average id say is once a week i wont count cals at all and have what I can a "fun" day.

We all need a fun day every once in a while. I had a "fun week" last week. (Vacationed in NOLA for Mardi Gras). I don't think I could survive on 900 cals consistently! My body would go into a feeding frenzy after a few days. I think the lowest I've logged, in which I ate pretty much all day, was 750ish.....

Seriously, goin to bed now!

Shalafi 02-27-2012 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 74336)
Joanna, look at the GREEN girl! I'll be sending you some good juju for your exam tomorrow.

We all need a fun day every once in a while. I had a "fun week" last week. (Vacationed in NOLA for Mardi Gras). I don't think I could survive on 900 cals consistently! My body would go into a feeding frenzy after a few days. I think the lowest I've logged, in which I ate pretty much all day, was 750ish.....

Seriously, goin to bed now!

Lol Good Night Tori, Sweet dreams. oh and vacations so don't count! Welcome back tho!

Juju: Wow yes go you and all your pretty green-ness, so jelly. I'll post mine tomorrow but yeah Its 10:30 pm pretty sure that garage isn't getting any attention today.