Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12

Old 03-02-2012, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kimbur96
I am touched by the love you have for your daughter. It brings tears to my eyes. I can only imagine what my mom went through. Unfortunately she left this world before getting to see me at my best. So pardon me if I live vicariously through you and your daughter. hope you two have another good day.
My dear Kimbur, please forgive me if I say that I believe that your Mom sees. And what you are giving me in sharing your truth honors her memory. She obviously raised a wonderful loving person.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:13 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, I had a long post to you and it got lost somewhere so I will say that your response helped. DD and I went out for sushi and watched a comedy which had a therapist in it. Rather than trying to use this as an opportunity to push her back into therapy, I asked her what she thought of it. She said it may work for some but not for her. I pointed out she didn't have that much (or a good) experience with it. She mentioned a local therapist who she had heard was "pretty good." It gave me hope that she was thinking about it. She didn't know the name but she knew the general loction. I am going to do research. She has also said that she deosn't want to be miserable any more, that she doesn't want the things that hurt her to be such big things. This gives me hope.

Mern, Darlene, Lizzie, Mike, April, Kimbur, Luv, everyone, (forgive me if I left anyone out) you have helped. At least I do not feel so alone and hopeless. I also want to say, Terri, that I think of you and your Dad. We want to help those we love; sometimes it's hard to figure out how, especially when they fight us. We just try not to give up and try to do the best we can. I am learning this the hard way.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

OK on an up note, Pam, those pictures!!!I felt like I was right there with you in that beautiful setting. Thank you so much for sharing!!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

) lower carb- Y, Yish, Y, N (sushi with DD but it was worth it)
2) avoid sugar - Y, Y, Y, Y
3) stretch, even gently - Y, N, Y, Yeeeeesssssss
4) 6 glasses of water every day - 8, 9, 9, 6
5) do not be critical - Y, Y, I was in my mind; does that count?; I was Mother friggin Theresa, just kidding, no disrespect intended, I love Mother T but I was actually pretty good - will it last???;
Old 03-02-2012, 02:57 AM
Super Moderator

Hope: Funny you should mention cantaloupe, my dad's doctor told him to stay far away from watermelon so he's just nixed all melon entirely. He's a funny creature. I'll make sure I bring that up along with berries, too! He's kind of leery of fruit in general, but I know it's just specific ones he should steer clear of. Thanks for the tips!! I will pass them on to him when next we speak about his diet. My Dad can be a pill ( ) but I do love him very much and I want him to stick around for awhile. I wish I had advice for you; I'm not a Mom, I can't imagine what you and your daughter are going through, but it's obvious you love and care for your DD. I'm glad you two had a good night together, and I am keeping you in my thoughts every day, and I hope that each day is better than the one that came before. You can't ask for much more than that.

Kay: Sore muscles always make my weight bounce up, sometimes even 4 lbs. I also tend to react to certain pain meds by retaining water, so it's lose/lose for me! If you're upping your weights, maybe don't weigh for a few days until your body is less sore, that's what I tend to do

April: You got me, I am Daddy's girl. Lol! I have a good relationship with my Dad. We're opposite creatures (I take after my Mom in temperament) and we've always just been kind of able to bounce off each other. He's an absolute bear sometimes and I don't understand his mood swings (my sister takes after him) but I do care very much about him. I'm hoping he takes this seriously and gets himself on the right track. Also, SO GLAD to hear your son seems to have found a good program with a doctor that seems good for you!!!! That's awesome!

For the Shred, I find that taking in a big breath and exhale between the jacks and the jumping rope -- during that little 2 second pause Jillian gives you -- helps me marshal through those second set of jacks, if that helps at all. Just a big inhale and push out all the air through the mouth before you start.

Mern: LOL, I didn't even realize my scientist was showing!!! Nice catch. I did get through my shred last night and I took it easy on the suspect exercise -- and today my calf/shin does feel better, though last night it was worse. I'll keep monitoring it. I do have a question about low carbs for my dad -- do you have any ideas that'll wean him off mayonnaise? He tends to slather it on, and the low-fat stuff he says has "no flavor" (and I think it's full of other bad stuff anyway). He likes mustard, but he tends to put both mustard AND mayo for the texture. I didn't know anything to suggest for him.

Quinn: So wonderful that your Mom is gaining and so vigorous! That's an absolute joy to read about, and I am envious of her blessing to eat sweet rolls, haha.

Mary: Good to see you check in, you're rocking it! I hope your workout at the Y was a blast. What kind of anti-inflammatory foods are you buying?

Tori: I am jealous of your walk!! It was gorgeous here too yesterday but I had to sit in a room and give a midterm for two hours, blaaaaahhhh!! Sounds like you enjoyed it enough for the two of us though, you're doing awesome!

Luv: It's awesome to hear that you're going to start working in a circuit - I've had good luck with those before. And look at you with the water!! Looks like that habit is going to stick for you! There is hope for my Dad. He's started and stopped before, I'm just hoping SOMETHING will really stick this time.

Pam: Whoooo, awesome pics! Look at you! I miss snow!

Lizzie: Wedding venues sounds like a good plan to me! hehehe.

Weekly Goals

Food/Exercise/Lifestyle Goals
1) Calories between 1200-1400. Really aiming for 1300. M: 1,160 T: 1,766 W: 1,329 Th: 1,201 (Week Average: 1,364)
2) 30 Day Shred EVERY DAY. No excuses, not even working late!!!! M: yes T: yes W: yes Th: yes
3) 1 or 2 extra cardio sessions at the gym M: no T: no W: no Th: no
4) Calorie deficit of 4,000-5,000. If I keep cals at 1300 every day, this should be extremely doable. M: -861 T: -262 W: -692 Th: -818 (Week Total: -2,633)
5) In bed by 11:30 every night M: close, but no cigar T: No. BF is keeping me up. I need to put my foot down. W: Foot down failure Th: Made it!
6) Protein between 25-30% on average for the week M: 33% T: 26% W: 25% Th: 28% (Week Average: 28%)
7) At least 80 oz. of water daily M: 80 T: 84 W: 64 Th: 88
8) Take my multivitamin M: yes T: yes W: yes Th: yes F: yes
9) Weigh in daily and post here M: 160.4 T: 159.6 W: 160.0 Th: 158.4 (I am inordinately proud of this) F: 160.4 (getting really, really tired of this)
10) No eating out for lunch all week, with the exception of lab meeting M: yes T: yes W: yes Th: lab meeting

Other Goals

1) Continue job search/applications, follow up on jobs with no news M: Did some follow ups (about 4 or 5), one application in T: Got a couple replies but otherwise no progress W: no progress Th: No progress
2) Get midterm exam(s) done by Wednesday, latest M: not yet T: not yet W: yes Th-Sun: N/A
3) Take some "me" time every day M: No T: yes W: yes Th: eeeehhh...
4) Don't sweat the small stuff M: yes T: yes W: yes Th: tried, but there was some pity-partying
5) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: no makeup T: yes W: yes Th: no makeup

Got in a foul mood yesterday that I couldn't seem to shake myself out of, but I *did* do my workout, and gave my midterm, so there's that. I woke up this morning almost sad, a little malaise I couldn't shake. Was trying to figure out what it was when I sat down at the computer to the happy (and unexpected) news that I made it through the first round of cuts for a job prospect! This particular job I wasn't really expecting to hear back from because I got my application in at the wire (usually you're highly encouraged to get 'em in early), and my letters of recommendation were probably late, so I figured they'd throw me in the reject pile.

It perked me right up, so I can only conclude that my general depression has to do with not quite shaking off my job rejection as much as I thought I had. This is very typical me, I tend to react really slowly to things, so I don't know why I'm surprised, lol.

Then of course I got another e-mail from a different job that I didn't make the first round of cuts Oh well, it was way out in Iowa, I didn't want it anyway! Lol.

My weight was back up today. Big sigh. I'm so sick of bouncing around, guys. I'm going to blame it on the Pizza Hut for lab meeting yesterday (I had two slices and a breadstick). But seriously, I never want to see 160 AGAIN!!!!

Happy Friday everyone! This novel brought to you by...

~Terri
Old 03-02-2012, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Terri, sometimes instead of mayo, I'll use a Laughing Cow cheese wedge. I mean, mayo doesn't have any carbs, but if it's calories he's looking to reduce, the cheese only has 35 calories, as opposed to a tbsp. of mayo which is like, 90. Anyway, they've got great flavors like the tomato basil one, and so sometimes I'll use that on a sandwich, and forget both the mayo and the cheese. Just an idea.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:35 AM
FitDay Member

Kim, wow! You are amazing--I'm so proud to have met you and so glad you are part of our group. Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I believe your Mom knows of how you turned your life around and that she is smiling down on you.

Hope, I'm so glad you and DD had that personal time together. It's just wonderful that your unconditional love for her is proving to be the guiding factor in giving therapy with someone else a try. Things just don't always happen as fast as we want them to, do they? Like your DD, my granddaughter wasn't healed on her first try at therapy, either, and had a relapse or two. But through someone else's recommendation, she found a therapist who helped her work through her issues and today, like Kim, she is happy, successful and thriving.
And kudos to your DD for not giving up hope, either. Big hug to ya!
Old 03-02-2012, 03:55 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, glad your calf/shin feels better after being worse last night. Big gentle hug to ya! I weaned myself off mayo, too. I find these things a flavorful alternative: low carb ranch or bleu cheese dressing, Dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, horseradish mustard. I sometimes use one of the dressings and one of the mustards together on the same sandwich. I love Joanna's idea about the Laughing Cow Cheese, too.

Joanna, thanks for that tip on the Laughing Cow Cheese. I didn't know it came in any other flavor except the Swiss. I'll definitely be giving that a try. Sounds like it would be wonderful on my turkey and spinach wrap that I eat for lunch almost daily.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

Goals and Reports Thursday, March 1 to Sunday, March 4

I will continue 5 servings fruits/veggies daily and limit of 2 pieces of sugar free chocolate per day, but I've got them down and in control, so am dropping them from my daily report.

Thursday Report

Calories 1500 1307
Saturated Fat limit 12% of total calories 10%
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 22.6g
Fiber target minimum 25g average 27g
Protein 120g minimum 126g
Cholesterol 300mg maximum average 207mg

Exercise Thurs., Fri., Sat. YES
Water 64 oz. YES
Old 03-02-2012, 05:28 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Hey Terri, sometimes instead of mayo, I'll use a Laughing Cow cheese wedge. I mean, mayo doesn't have any carbs, but if it's calories he's looking to reduce, the cheese only has 35 calories, as opposed to a tbsp. of mayo which is like, 90. Anyway, they've got great flavors like the tomato basil one, and so sometimes I'll use that on a sandwich, and forget both the mayo and the cheese. Just an idea.

I love Laughing Cow on a sandwich. For 35 cals you get both cheese and Mayo... just add ham or turkey, and a WW slim bread and you have lunch for the calorie price of a snack.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.