Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12

Old 02-29-2012, 02:40 PM
FitDay Member

Wink

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
eeehh get over it Luv--I got my walk in, going to do the yoga in a little bit. Right now, I'm going to find something for supper.

I wonder, do you enjoy certain exercises/routines once you get to it? Is it just getting to the starting point that's hard for you? (I don't claim to be an expert here, btw).

I did my exercise! You see, you motivated me to not let my exercise slide by today.

I'm struggling with eating these last few weeks. BUT I am doing better, much better, with water intake and low carb veggie intake.

Mern ~ I just love it when medical professionals are part of our "collaborative team" when it comes to care of our bodies. After years of trying out different physicians, I finally found a great medical clinic. It's a bit of a drive for me, but am sooo happy to find them my current doctor. They go the 2nd & 3rd mile for people.

Last edited by fit4luv; 02-29-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:42 PM
FitDay Member

it's bed time so this will be short. made it to the gym, ate clean, drank water

night all hope you have a good day tomorrow
Old 02-29-2012, 02:45 PM
FitDay Member

Default Wednesday

Health/Fitness
1--Calories at least 1100 no more than 1400--1475, 1045, 1222
2--64 oz water or more daily--I did well this weekend, so I know that I can do this, I just have to make myself--70.7, 87.6, 110.7
3--Stick to new work out schedule--M:Zumba Tu:Cardio Burn W:yoga Th:Zumba F:Cardio Burn Sa:yoga Su:day off--I may need some help pushing myself with this one. We all know I slack when it comes to my workouts. Yell at me, call me names, whatever it takes!--M: YES Tu: YES, W: YES
4--Walk: Tu, W, Sa, Su--at least 3 miles each--again, I may need some pushing and provoking--M: N/A Tu: 3.2, W: 3.2
5--Weigh & Post Daily--M: 204.0 Tu: 203.6 W: scale broke

Life/Home
1--wash, fold, and put away all vacation laundry--N, N, N
2--clean out car (again)--N, N, N
3--don't stress about it, but at least think about it--YES, YES, NO
4--first week back from work, DON'T KILL ANYONE (namely my vacay replacement)--no death, everyone survived, had a really good day!

Last edited by ToriD1012; 02-29-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:56 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fit4luv

[FONT="Century Gothic"]I wonder, do you enjoy certain exercises/routines once you get to it? Is it just getting to the starting point that's hard for you? (I don't claim to be an expert here, btw).
once I get to doing the workout it doesn't bother me. It's just getting up and actually DOING the workouts. I really enjoy zumba, I suck at it but enjoy it. And it makes me sweat. I've come to enjoy my walks, but when the weather is bad I get all "I don't wanna". I'd probably be a gym rat like Kim and Mike if I could afford it and there was one close that wasn't full of 20-somethings trying to hook up with each other. I'd join the Y, but it's a good 20 minute drive and on the bad side of town. So, I do what I can at home. And when I find walking buddies, I grab onto them and don't let them go until I get my walk done. Both my cousins were complaining half way through last night, and I told them that they were free to go back to the house at any time, but I was finishing what I started.

I'm glad that I could encourage you to get your workout in today. It's great to have such support from all you guys.

Gonna watch some TV before bed. I may have to ammend my calories and water. I'm getting a tad bit hungry, I didn't have a very big dinner

'Night Y'all!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 03:00 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Kim ~

Tori, you're looking prettier by the day with all that purple. You ought to feel mighty proud of yourself.

Tal ~ Hope you have sweet dreams & feel refreshed for a new & healthy day. Keep working those goals of yours.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern

Nice side note: when talking about my calcium today (blood test says is very good) doc mentioned "Not only was your last bone density test normal, it was WONDERFUL!" That was really encouraging to me since my mom wound up in a wheel chair from osteoporosis and they couldn't even do a hip replacement because her bones were so brittle there was no place for any pins to hold.

Mike, so sorry 'bout your back acting up again. Any more epidurals on the horizon?
Mern, it sounds like you are doing a lot to make your doctor happy, keep it up!

As for the epidurals, they don't like for you to have more than 3 a year. I had my 3 between last June, July and August (I think it was). I talked to him a few months back and he said that if needed, he may be able to do a fourth one in the 12 months but in the same breath said that if I needed a fourth one that it was a pretty strong sign that I would need to have surgery. The pain isn't as bad as it was 8-10 months ago so I may get lucky and just need another round of epidurals. I'm thinking that if it continues to bother me I'm going to talk to him to see if I should have another MRI done to see if the damage is getting worse (which I hope it's not) and maybe go from there.

For the past week I've been back to taking Aleve nearly daily, that seems to "mask" the pain, but that stuff is bad to take for too long. You can bet that I'll be taking some of them before the race. I may see if I can find an OTC pain patch for my back.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:05 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow Check-In

I'm doing fine with most goals this week. I'm so happy to find a way that works with my water intake.

Challenge: My hardest challenge right now is Caloric intake. I'm close some days, but still ends up in the red. On the bright side -> on average I'm staying lower than when I started here last December.

So: I continue to march forward & to keep practicing. One step at a time.

~~~~~*****~~~~~
FitDay Challenge *~* March Onward
Check-in: MON - TUES - WED -
Sun = Cushion Day {Respite with Reason} . . . Daily = x6/wk
“A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Lao Tzu

WED MISSION -> INTAKE: Think & Do ~> Log previous intake before each meal/snack ~ DONE
THURS MISSION -> Log in food BEFORE eating.

FIT => Focus * Intake * Train
FOCUS {Mind & Heart}
*Audio Bible (10 Chapt):
*Hlth Group (Bk Study): DONE
*Thankfulness Journal (x6): x3

INTAKE {Nutrition}
FOOD.'.Think {5 Grain/Meat/Veg/Oils} & {3 Dairy~1½ Fruit} & {Extra 1-2}
*1600-1700 Calorie: AT/BELOW x1 (Mon) ::: ABOVE x2 (T_W)
*Water 64 oz: YES x3 (M_T_W)
*Supplements: YES x3 (M_T_W)

TRAIN {Movement} M_T_W
*Aerobic (150"): 105"
*Muscular (2x Each): Arms x1 ~ Legs x1 ~ Torso x1
*Mindful Miles (10): 7 miles

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-01-2012 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Edit wording of goals. Copy goals.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:38 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Hope everyone is well I will try to catch up tomorrow.
Goals:
Walk 25k: M=4.5k, T=6.2k, W=0
Exercise 5 days: M=Walk, T=Hike, W=0
Squats 4 days: M=N, T-Y, W=N
Ab work 5 days: M=N, T=Y, W=N
Arm work 3 days: M=N, T=N, W=N
Calories less than 1400: M=1706, T=1384, W=1378
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-229, T=-584, W=-791
No sugar: M=N, T=N, W=N
Old 02-29-2012, 06:24 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1.) Less than or around 1300 calories/day: 1279, 1350, 1639
2.) 64 oz. water/day (I recently started on a medication that's a bit of a diuretic, so I really want to stick with this one): 96 oz, 64 oz, 100 oz
3.) Exercise 3x (third time will be a stretch, but I'm aiming high!): 2 down
4.) Don't fail Astro 585 exam on Tuesday: Done-went okay
5.) Finish Astro 530 HW by Wednesday: Done
6.) Talk to potential advisor about research: Meeting end of the week

Wee calorie slip-up today - it's 'cause I let myself get too hungry this afternoon and then worked out, so by the time I got home for dinner, I was ravenous! Ah well. My scale said 160.0 this morning, so unless I fluctuate up (which has been known to happen) I think I will make my week goal of seeing under 160.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:58 PM
FitDay Member

Just a quick update before work. I got a new scale last night (other one died and before anyone asks, yes I tried replacing the battery first. it was just dead). Weighed in this morning like normal and was down to 201.0! Which is one lb. shy of my March 1st mini goal, but I'll deal with it!!! K....off to yell at vendors. Catch up with y'all later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.