Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12

Old 02-29-2012, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kimbur96
Terri sorry to hear about you dad. Cyber hug for ya ((((((((terri))))))) there is no explaining the denial people get into regarding there own health. I have had patients have an amputation due to poor health habits come home and do the same exact thing putting there remaining limb at risk. Lots of love to you!

Hope sending you a hug too ((((hope))) feel better.

Mike I have gone back to 1100-1300 calories at the advice of some trainers. At 900 I was exhausted and had to nap just to get to the gym and once there my workouts were less than 100%. It's just too low for me. I get it now. So the weight will have to come off slower so I can maintain my muscle and feed it.
sounds like a good plan. I know it's tough to do a good workout if you don't have the energy you need.

Hugs right back at ya. ((((Kimbur))))
Old 02-29-2012, 05:33 AM
FitDay Member

Taubele Big Big BIGGGGGG *huggles* for you, I'm sorry to hear about your dad and I know it's hard. Stay strong and keep loving.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:36 AM
FitDay Member

Terri,

Although it's certainly not a health food, when the urge for a white pizza hits, I've had good luck using low-fat ranch dressing for the ricotta. It sounds weird, I know, but it's really good, in small amounts. (I suppose you could use fat free, as well.) Par-bake your crust for a few minutes (if starting with dough) then add a small amount of the Ranch dressing, just enough to cover, then add 3-4 finely chopped garlic cloves, (the secret ingredient ) then the mozzarella, chicken and seeded Roma tomatoes. Like I said, not exactly a health food, but it's better than the original. lol

As far as your dad, I'm going through the same thing with two relatives right now... in fact, I've had 4 calls just this morning about this very thing. One of the relatives will cry when I bring up the fact that she's killing herself (her defense mechanism because she knows that I'll stop talking about it) and the other gets wildly mad. What's the answer? I haven't found it. One of the relatives actually brags about the number of stents that she has... what are you suppose to do with that?? The second relative suffers from, what I like to call, the "Ostrich Syndrome"... if I don't talk about it or see a doctor for a diagnosis, it doesn't exist. (I probably fall into that category, to some extent.) About all you can do from a distance, is to remind them that they have an obligation to be around for a long time to see future family members being born, weddings, etc. and hope that eventually, their natural instinct of self-preservation kicks in. It's kind of like losing weight; if they don't really want to, it isn't going to happen, as sad as it is to watch. Gentle and persistent reminders may be worth a try.

As for the weather, I am completely snowed in until someone plows me out! GRRRR.... About a foot of snow is down with 30-40 mph wind gusts. Pretty much the whole town is shut down. It's a really wet snow, which means that it's going to be tough to shovel or snow blow. Looks like a great day for a good book!
Old 02-29-2012, 06:17 AM
FitDay Member

Wink Lots of hugs needed all around!!!

Hope ~ You go girl!!! With your body acting up & being sad for your DD, you still are meeting your set goals like a trouper. May you get good & "restful" rest. Many hugs to you.

Terri ~ That's so hard when someone you care about does not care for themselves. You sound like a great daughter who loves her father. I wish you can find just that "something" that connects with your father and convinces him to make a change for it.

I know that preaching didn't help me, but loving me the way I am is what helped me to turn around - as well as a health scare. It's too easy to deny morbid obesity & harder to face it. The love & support around me is what truly helped me to face the facts.

(((Hugs)))[/

April ~ I have the same problem as you. That's why I do walking right now with at times jogging intervals. I just keep hoping I shrink in certain places as I get thinner.. Now you made me curious about this "30 Day Shred" thing. I just can't do much of this yet ->
Old 02-29-2012, 06:55 AM
FitDay Member

Home from work, early! WOOT WOOT!! The weather is looking pretty nasty, with the chance of storms this evening, so I think I'm going to get my walk in before it starts. That way it's out of the way. Then I can get my yoga in later tonight. My scale went on the fritz this morning, so I guess I'll have to run by Wal-Mart and get a replacement later tonight. Gonna get up and get moving. I should be tired after last night, but I'm not.....so I'm gonna get up go! Catch up with y'all later!!
Old 02-29-2012, 06:57 AM
FitDay Member

Terri It really sucks not being able to get through to people you love. I dont know what finally gives them that jolt to change their ways but like Kimbur I treated patients who had a leg amputated because of smoking and who worked hard at getting up on their temporary artificial leg just so they could get outside for a cigarette. Needless to say I saw them again when they came to have the other leg done and all they would say was it's too late now might as well enjoy my smokes since Im not good for anything else. These people were in their 50s and 60s and they accepted their constrained life, I just couldn't understand it.
They say that you will never help an addict until they admit they are an addict and I think that it's the same with our family members who are abusing their bodies, we just have to keep loving them, and hope that they will wake up to the fact that they are doing themselves damage and then we will be there to support them through the journey back to health.

Mike They were holding onto mattresses and standing in huge rows that snaked all around a hall and then the first one was pushed over and they all toppled the next one just like a domino push.

Sad to hear that one of my Teen idols, Davy Jones passed away today at age 66. The Monkees were part of my carefree years.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:20 AM
FitDay Member

Luv, thanks for the hugs.

Terri, you do sound like a great daughter and I hope all the love here helps you feel better.

Lizzie, I was sad to hear about Davy Jones too. I had such a crush on him when I was little. I loved the Monkees. I remember watching that show with my friend Kathy. Such fun.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:34 AM
FitDay Member

I got lazy. When I posted that I was going to get up and going, I lied. I wound up laying down and dozing. It's still not raining, so I guess that means I must get outside before it does. Then I have to figure out supper. I hate not being prepared.

Terri--how sweet of BF!! Makes me miss CN all the more, he's pretty thoughtful like that too. And sending huge hugs for you and your dad. I'm a daddy's girl, and it pains me to see mine make poor choice after poor choice too.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator

Quick check in. I had a friend that wanted to go for a walk so I knocked out 5 miles today. I think that's it for my walking until Sunday.

I wrote that one policy, so I'm at the magic number. I may write 4 more this week. After that I'll be able to relax a bit.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
i wrote that one policy, so i'm at the magic number. I may write 4 more this week. After that i'll be able to relax a bit.
congrats!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.