Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In?

Old 02-25-2012, 12:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by crazigerl
Kimbur it’s never too late to get rhythm- assuming you had it at one point. I would love to see my husband do Zumba, I’m sure it would be like watching him have a seizure. He has never had rhythm. He has a beautiful voice but is tone deaf and it's so sweet he doesn't know it as I would never tell him.

Went for a physical today so am looking forward to even better stats for my cholesterol etc. Blood pressure down to 101 over 62 which I thought was low but apparently is still normal.

Have a great weekend everyone, I'm going to do Zumba tomorrow with eye protectors on.
I think I used to have rhythm, lol. I used to love dancing in my twenties. I would be out dancing 4-5 nights a week.

AFA BP pressure normal is 100-120/60-80 so congrats on your BP
Old 02-25-2012, 01:36 AM
Super Moderator

Kimbur: Thanks for the tips!! I'm not going to start lifting until my muscles stop being sore from the Shred (and hey, at least there's strength mixed in there) but 3 reps of 10 is easy to remember. I'll remember that about getting tired on the third set, too. Do you rotate sets? When I go to the gym I often see like, guys doing one set on the biceps-curl machine, then to the triceps machine, then back to the biceps machine, etc. I always felt like it was kind of rude to be hogging two machines like that >.> Unless they were switching off reps with someone else. But is it better to do it that way? Also, HUGE CONGRATS on your BF %!!!!! I haven't even had mine checked yet for fear, lol. One day! Maybe I will make it a goal to do that by my birthday this summer.

Weekly Goals

Food/Exercise/Lifestyle Goals

1) Calories between 1200-1500 T: 1,492 W: 1,250 Th: 1,362 F: 1,382 (Week Average: 1,371.5)
2) Exercise 3 times this week, high intensity T: No W: No -- changing this goal!
3) Calorie deficit of 4,000-5,000 T: -312 W: -558 Th: -666 F: -646 (Week Total: -2,182)
4) In bed by 11:30 every night T: Nope W: close, but no cigar Th: yup! F: Nope
5) Protein between 25-30% on average for the week T: 27% W: 26% Th: 26% F: 28% (Week Average: 26.75%)
6) 80 oz. of water daily T: 64 W: 64 Th: 80 F: 64
7) Take my multivitamin!! T: forgot W: forgot again Th: yup! F: Left it sitting on the table...
8) Weigh in daily and post here T: 158.6 W: 159.3 Th: 159.9 F: 159.8 Sat: 159.8
9) 30 Day Shred EVERY DAY Th: yes F: yes

Other Goals

1) Turn in 5 job applications this week T: 3 W: 3 more, like a boss Th: 0 F: 1 more for good measure!
2) Prepare for exam review by Thursday T: not yet W: no Th: yes, with plenty of time to spare before class F-Sun: N/A
3) Take some "me" time every day T: Yes W: not really Th: yes F: a little
4) Don't sweat the small stuff T: I tried W: yeah F: yes F: yes

I hope everyone has a great weekend!! I'm going to post every day, yes I am. Did the Shred again yesterday. First time I've ever done it two days in a row, sorry to say, but hey, at least I know I can now (and going for three tonight!)

Went a little over my intended calories yesterday (was trying to stick to 1300) by a glass of milk, so hopefully the diet gods are okay with that. I had the glass of milk after my workout for the protein but I forgot about those cals when planning dinner. C'est la vie, I'll remember today.

Speaking of remembering, I am going to go take my multi RIGHT NOW!

Oh, also, before I forget -- I heard that Ms. First Choice has decided to take the college teaching job I wanted I'm a little bummed, but I had also "let it go" in my mind once I heard that it was someone else's decision. So once I heard, I was mostly just glad to know one way or the other and not be waiting. I've got more applications out there (PLENTY more) so hopefully one of them takes me up on my awesomeness.

~Terri
Old 02-25-2012, 02:42 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
What's TLC?

My weigh in yesterday was 185.4 so I'll try to get down to 181 this week.
The week isn't over. I weighed in this morning at 184.8.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:47 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Challenge this weekend? Think of something, I need to get the vacation weight back off. BOTH POUNDS!
Weekend goals
1) Tori challenge... How about 4 miles? (I know it's not a lot but I'm having a hard time getting motivated to get off my chair.)
2) I will also log all my food (I haven't done that in a week or two), and post it up.
3) workout once
4) gallon of water/day
5) hot breakfast
Old 02-25-2012, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default For all parents of teenagers

Saw this sign and thought of you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
teenagers copy.jpg (61.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 02-25-2012, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

Weekend goals
1) Tori challenge... How about 4 miles? (I know it's not a lot but I'm having a hard time getting motivated to get off my chair.)
2) I will also log all my food (I haven't done that in a week or two), and post it up.
3) workout once
4) gallon of water/day
5) hot breakfast
is this today AND tomorrow???

I can do 1, 2, and 3.

4 and 5???????? I struggle getting in 48 oz of water a day, much less 128. And uggh breakfast! I have to choke down something small and cold. May puke if I have to do a hot breakfast. In fact, I'm not even sure I have stuff in the house to make a hot breakfast. There may be a bag of grits in the fridge, but then I'd have to add hella lots of butter and salt.....
Old 02-25-2012, 05:00 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Luv, I'm so happy your back is better! You are really right that success only comes through with persistence. You are a great example for us of what we CAN do if we put our minds to it.
Thank ye! But this is how I feel today . Not doing best goal wise, but am maintaining weight. So overall, I must be somewhat healthy. I'm soooo struggling these couple weeks.

Originally Posted by taubele
Luv: You're so motivational! I'm glad your back is feeling better - we do always need to pick ourselves up. I try to remember that there's never just one path to fitness. If one path is becoming thorny, time to try a new path, as long as we're moving forward. Hugs for you!
~Terri
Thank you . The thing is . . . I'm totally preachin' at myself and in a way sharing my struggle with the rest of you. I soooo need to keep these motivational thoughts going so that I keep on keepin' on. I have to remember why I'm doing what I'm doing. I fall down a lot like a toddling baby. I hope others are motivated with me & that I encourage people. I truly am so happy when I see others reach goals -- small & big.

At the moment, my ooomph is waning. It may be that 1st it was my back, then I caught some kind of sickness bug. I like what you said about changing paths, but working toward the same goal. I'm re-evaluating how I better can incorporate the goals into my life -- water intake for instance. Thanks to Amy (on a post a couple weeks back), I have ideas on how to do better.

This thread is sooo important for me to come back to. It helps me to re-focus again & again.

The week isn't over. I weighed in this morning at 184.8.
I love your statement. I needed to "hear" that and to be reminded that not all is lost as far as my week's goals go. And some good news -> you did go down (in weight)!
Old 02-25-2012, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Lizards13
Saw this sign and thought of you.
I've seen that one. I love it, it is soooo true.

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
is this today AND tomorrow???

I can do 1, 2, and 3.

4 and 5???????? I struggle getting in 48 oz of water a day, much less 128. And uggh breakfast! I have to choke down something small and cold. May puke if I have to do a hot breakfast. In fact, I'm not even sure I have stuff in the house to make a hot breakfast. There may be a bag of grits in the fridge, but then I'd have to add hella lots of butter and salt.....
Oh the only challenge was the 4 miles for you. the rest is what I plan on doing this weekend. 4 miles total for the 2 days. How ever you want to do it. Easy enough?

Originally Posted by fit4luv

I love your statement. I needed to "hear" that and to be reminded that not all is lost as far as my week's goals go. And some good news -> you did go down (in weight)!
I feel like I'm back on the wagon. I just need to stay on.

Amy, I did an hr at the gym. That puts me at 30,30,30,60 (I think). I won't count Mardi Gras, even though it is a workout, but what about yard work? I cut the front and back today. Took me 45 minutes, did it as soon as I got back from the gym. Can I count that? I did 1.61 miles the other day so 4 this weekend will put me over 5.
So... 30,30,30,60,45?
Old 02-25-2012, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

Calories revolving between 900-1400 (this is a new reduction for me in hopes to kick start some losing)Y,Y,Y,Y,Y
Cardio 5 x weekY,Y,Y,Y,Y
Weight Lifting 5 x weekY,Y,Y,Y,Y
Planking 5-7 x weekY,Y,YN,N
Some other additional physical activity 2-3 x weekSat-diving
Water 60oz dailyY,Y,Y,Y,Y,Y

Terri what you see the guys doing at the gym is called super setting. It was a big thing in the 80's. Pairing opposite muscles with little to no rest between sets. I, myself, have never used that method and in a busy gym, yes I think it is a little selfish to take two machines at once. I go for the old fashion 60 second rest between sets. And i time myself. Exactly 60 seconds. In any case, no worries if you aren't ready to start lifting yet. Keep going with the shred. I'd like to try that some time. I hear a lot of people get good results.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:38 AM
FitDay Member

Fit hang in there. Some times when I have lost my drive either due to an injury, illness or over training I have to remind myself that it's okay as long as I keep trying and don't let it become and excuse to go off the deep end. For instance, this past friday I was exhausted. I hadn't slept well in two nights. I took a power nap just to get to the gym. And once at the gym by the time i finished lifting weights i was so tired. I did get on the elliptical but I "allowed" myself to work at a lesser exertion than I usually do and to "let" that be okay. I made a deal that as long as i did 30 minutes no matter how slow the pace that it would be acceptable. I forget to listen to my body.

And on that note of listening to my body I am off to take a nap

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.