Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In? >

7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In?

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In?

Old 02-21-2012, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

Darlene. Woo hooo. Great news on the job, so happy for you.

April. Hope Wed goes well for you and your son.

Mern. Glad to hear you are feeling better, I hate those sinus headaches, so painful.

My mother hardly ever used a swear word and even then it was pretty tame, she used to say she had never said a bad word until she had us kids lol. Recently she was very angry at something and she said it was all a load of S**t and I was shocked, and quite amused actually lol.
I read a lot of boarding school for girls type books when I was young and my swearing took the form of "Crikey" Damn or Blast. I seldom swore around my kids and I find it funny and
quite endearing that if my eldest son is explaining about an angry encounter he has had and he swears, he always says" Sorry Mum for my language." Now I work in an almost all male
environment and I just don't hear the swearing any more. BTW my girlfriends and I can get
pretty potty mouthed when we need to, we're no angels.

What to give up for lent? I think it will be chocolate and then I will celebrate the end of Lent with a giant Easter Egg, or is that not the way it works?
Old 02-21-2012, 01:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Tori, you can never go wrong with chicken and biscuits. Nice pics but I could see that as you vision became blurred, so did the pics. If you have a hangover stop by Walgreens and pick up some vanquish and you'll be ready to go again. I'm heading to NOLA now.
Chicken & Biscuits = GOOD! And what blurred vision??? I can see perfectly well what each pic is.....maybe it's you
Originally Posted by quinnesec
Tori,
I'm so jealous! I haven't been to NO for many years, but it still looks the same. Keep the pictures coming! I'll take a little "virtual mini-vacation" from here... I already have a fully stocked bar... lol
not hitting any of the parades today, but will be here the rest of the week so I'll definitely snap some more pics. Maybe Mike will be able to figure out what they are......
Going to hit the bottle hard today for Mardi Gras. I've got 15 bottles of water in my ice chest.
oh you partier you!! don't go falling over the police line because you were Shoeless Cooler Dancin'!!!
Old 02-21-2012, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

Gonna take it easy today. I'm banged up, bruised up, and am hoarse and scratchy throat from all the.....screaming, yeah, we'll go with screaming. Will probably head into the city later today after the parades. Just not feeling the crowds today. We had semi-planned a Get Your Feet Done Day at the nail place, so maybe we'll do that. I know that my feet could use a little TLC after Cooler Dancin' for 5 out of the 10 hours we were at it yesterday.

Will try and get some more pics taken. We're gonna do a Ghost Tour, probably tomorrow, so I know I'll get some then.

Hope everyone enjoys their Tuesday. LATER PEEPS!
Old 02-21-2012, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

Going to hit the bottle hard today for Mardi Gras. I've got 15 bottles of water in my ice chest.
That's no fun!! Have a great time and have a drink for me.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:57 AM
FitDay Member

Health & Fitness:

1. Calories 1,400/day. 1,433 close enough
2. 100 oz water daily. 72
3. Execute exercise plan (should equal about 7 hours). 62 min
4. Calorie deficit 5,000. -680
5. Protein 25% or higher. 22%
6. Log & report everyday. Y
7. Last Monday 164. Post weight: 168.4, 165.4

Other stuff:

1. Spend 30-60 min daily working on rabbit cages. N
2. Finish my little part of the taxes. N
3. Housework 45 min daily +1 load of laundry. NN
4. Call guy about elliptical parts. N
5. Distribute 4-H calendar. N
6. Spend 1 hour daily working on Betsy costume. Y
7. Write down the most wonderful thing that happened.
M: I had a nice long chat with my mom, about nothing specific.

Goals for Lent:

No white flour Y
No white sugar N
No skipping workouts, and no more than 2 consecutive days off. Y
No cheating. Y
No profanity Y

Rant in white, would appreciate suggestions, especially from the middle child perspective.

Our middle child was invited to an overnight birthday party on Sunday night, since they didn't have school on Monday I agreed to let her go. Anyway I knew she would be tired when she got home, so last night I did my best to get her in bed 8:00-8:30. I knew this morning might be rough, because she was sleep deprived and has been complaining of ear pain since Sunday morning. Typically she's really horrible when she's tired, sick or hasn't had enough to eat (so first thing in the morning). What I did not fully anticipate was just how rough this morning was going to be. I hollered at her 3 times to get up, plus her alarm clock went off repeatedly. I finally had to threaten to make her go to school in her pj's to get her out of bed. She scrambled around in a dopey haze, threw on clothing completely inappropriate for school (so I had to make her change), didn't pack her lunch and had a complete melt down when I told her that she would have to eat a hot lunch, and to top it off she lied to me about having eaten breakfast. After I got back from drop off, I found the package of breakfast crackers she asked for, she ate 1 out of 4, so maybe 50 calories is what she went to school on. Ugh, so basically I left a tardy Medusa at school with a head full of hot snakes, in a state of near exhaustion, with a brewing ear infection and no breakfast. I called the school and let them know about the breakfast, and I've made an appointment to take her in to the doctor today at lunch. I managed to worked past the desire to staple a "FREE" sign between her eyes and push her out to the curb, but it was a near thing. I just don't know what to do when she's like that, part of me wants to just let her sleep in and baby her along, but I also want her to have the self discipline to muscle through a rough morning and get it done, all the babying in the world is not going to end rough mornings. She makes me crazy angry some days, I do sort of wonder if I just ignored the behavior if it would escalate or go away. I really don't know what to do with her sometimes. Thanks for letting me rant, I feel a little better now.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

Amy, I went to the gym and gave you 30mins.
So what you're saying is that you are at least 60 minutes behind me? I was sort of a slacker this morning, I had a 75 minute workout planned, but ended up only doing 35 min. Middle child was being a PITA and I'm all stuffed up. I may still make my goal, but we'll see.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
hahaha, that could be his punishment if I win this week.....a nice little vid of him on youtube doing Zumba!!!! I think I might PAY to see that
Bahahahahaaaa, YOU are a genius, that would be the perfect punishment!!! He's already behind.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
But let me just say, I snagged the best float catch ever tonight! Actually had one of the guys throw me a beer!! Nasty Heineken, but still. I GOT BEER FROM THE GUY ON THE FLOAT! aaaannnndddd I even kept all my clothes on!
Um honey, didn't your momma explain this? It's like a booty call, free beer now, clothes come off later... Yes, tonight it will be naked cooler dancing with a hot new pedicure, you crazy girl. Have fun, and don't do anything that I wouldn't do...

Last edited by almeeker; 02-21-2012 at 02:20 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone! Here are my completed stats for yesterday (Monday):

1. Go to the gym every day: 750, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
2. Whole foods only (either "one ingredient only" foods, or prepared foods [salsa, bread, hummus, etc.] with minimal ingredients and no preservatives): Y, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
3. Water ONLY to drink, at least 72oz per day: Y, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
4. Log foods/activity every day on Fitday: Y, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
5. Take vitamins (B12 & D): Y, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
6. At least one set of stretches per day: Y, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?

Cool to hear what everyone is giving up for Lent! Giving up swearing would definitely be hard for me, lol!

canary52, dar n and almeeker, yep I'm a music composer, it's tons of fun! I do things like arrange musical theatre pieces, create pieces for classical orchestra and string quartet ensembles, etc. I love it so much!

kimbur96 -Thanks so much! And how cool that you're doing weight lifting! I've always wanted to try that but never have -- I'm built like a T-Rex (strong legs but skinny useless arms lol!)! What weights do you use, and could you recommend any for beginners?

fit4luv - thank you so much for your inspiring words!

Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday! <3

Hugs,
Mary

Last edited by meachan; 02-21-2012 at 02:57 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Bahahahahaaaa, YOU are a genius, that would be the perfect punishment!!! He's already behind.
I'm not behind. Remember I wasn't planning on starting until tomorrow, technically I'm ahead of schedule.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.