Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In?

Old 02-20-2012, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
LOL, that was me working out this morning, jiggle jiggle jiggle ouch, jiggle jiggle jiggle ouch. When is your marathon?

Okay my challenge to you this week is to keep up with me:

Monday - walk 5 miles
Tuesday - 60 min upper body and abs
Wednesday - 60 min cardio (+ possibly 60 min zumba)
Thursday - 60 min yoga
Friday - 40 min Buns of steel + 40 min abs
Saturday - 30 min weight lifting and 45 min cardio

You don't have to do the exact same workouts, (although I would buy a ticket to watch you Zumba) it's the minutes I'm challenging you to keep up with.
60+60+60+40+40+30+45 & 5 miles???? My workouts have been lasting 30 mins lately because I've been doing drop sets with with no breaks or rest. After just 30 minutes like this I'm sore for days. The only way I could get in that much time is with A LOT of walking. Seeing that I'm not starting until Wednesday, it'll be tough. I'll give it a shot!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:13 AM
FitDay Member

Wink Posting Responses ->

Quinn ~ Thanks for getting us going this week! Looks like you mean business in your fight against those last 5 lbs. Go for it!

April ~ I loooove your 2nd goal. Why is it we think to eat with others, even if not hungry? That goes along well with your saying at the bottom of your signature. I like the idea of learning to "hear" ourselves & to be true to ourselves.

Mary ~ You're impressive with "Do 5 things good" for yourself. What a wonderful attitude in including cleaning a room for one of those things. You've got me to thinking about how I approach my housework. Glad to see you safely back!

crazigerl ~ I think you must have a wise, little 5-yr old grand-daughter. Making the changes will pay off. That's great how you persist & are overcoming difficulties in order to become healthier.
You are making progress - What I see:
#1. Healthier Tastes -> a plus for Lifestyle.
#2. Self-Talk -> You're aware of what you tell yourself. You're choosing to think of difficulties (such as your rotator cuff) as a bend in the rood and not as total roadblock.
#3. You're talking with us!
#4. REWARD According to your signature, in Jan you lost total of 7.8 pounds!!! In fact, you went a couple pounds down in Feb, rather than up.

Keep at it Crazigerl!

Almeeker ~ Well, you have a great place to come for support for your 40-day Lent Goals. I'll seriously think about what for me, and will get back with you later on this.

Your Minutes Challenge: How many minutes of exercise (aerobic/strength training) total are you talking? OK ->
Here's mine:
Regular (150" Aerobic + 90" Muscle/Functional) + Challenge 30" = 240"

Hope ~ Thanks for the reminder to drink water! I actually needed it when I read your post. As of this time, I need to drink 24 oz for today. Pretty good for me!
I like your goals such as 20 minute of movement per day. We have to start where we are on our journey, there is no better place to start. When I started in December, my first primary goal was "just to move". Gradually I added on more. I think it's great that you're coming back here.

Darlene ~ Hi! It's always good to "see" you. I'll keep praying for you as you go to the interview. What an extra blessing in that you don't need to buy extra clothing because of positive changes that you made!

Mea ~ So happy that you're sticking at it. I know that it takes time to respond and others understand that too. Just like you, it helps me to read this thread when I have trouble responding and to post my updated goals. You're creating a new world for yourself with what you're accomplishing!

Kim ~ Thanks on your compliment. I feel like I'm fighting daily for my health - emotionally as well as physically. The motivational sayings & focus help me to "keep on keepin' on". And then of course, this forum is great.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I know how you feel. You heard me let a couple F-bombs slip out.

Hope, I wish I could come up with some good goals that I could stick to. You'd figure that with a half marathon less than 2 weeks away, I'd be all over some goal setting... not.
Don't you need to prepare for the marathon in some way? Training perhaps? Diet? More water? Forgive me, I know nothing about this but I would be interested to know what you do to prepare for this.

And BTW if I don't say it (and I'm sure I will) good luck on this venture!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:37 AM
FitDay Member

I had a stellar weight loss last week of 5.4lbs but know that it's gonna take even more hard work to keep the ball rolling. I'm taking it in baby steps as not to overwhelm myself and cause a derailment!!
I love the no profanity for Lent but KNOW I'd fail!

My weight loss goals for this week:
Current weight 178.2, goal for 2/27 is 174
Calories under 1600:
Protein above 46g:
Water at/above 96oz:
Vitamins/supplements daily:
Exercise 30 mins every day(even on work days!!):

Other Goals:
Purchase a few more presents for our very late Christmas with in-laws who have been stuck in Florida caring for relatives.
Get menu planned for fundraiser at work.
Get inventory done and order placed for said fundraiser.
Sit down with Hubby and iron out new budget.
Come up with a few new healthy lunch ideas...I'm in a rut!!!

Deborah
Old 02-20-2012, 08:43 AM
FitDay Member

Mea, so cool you are a composer; what do you write? And Amy I never kenw you were an architect. And your exercise schedule is so impressive.
Luv, thank you for your kind words and support. I did 30 minutes of low level cardio (bike, "dreadmill" as Amy calls it and elliptical, 10 minutes each.) I stretched and did some light weights. And felt good. Yesterday I took a short hike with some friends but it was up and down hills and I felt a little yucky after (health issues.) So slow and steady wins the race.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:45 AM
FitDay Member

Deborah I love that: proud momma of three oompah loompahs.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:31 AM
FitDay Member

Well I achieved my "do someting new" goal in a scary manner. I flagged down an unknown jogger and asked him to come into my bedroom -- TO LET ME BACK INTO MY HOUSE! I was trapped on my upper deck when I went out to take down my Christmas lights. My new patio doors have an automatic lock on them which I forgot about until I heard it click shut. So I'm trapped on a deck about 12 feet up in the air with no way down! The unknown jogger was my first option -- I was still taking down the lights. If I'd been much longer I would have been throwing snowballs at the neighbours house hoping to get their attention. It was a beautiful day to be outside but the sun was on it's way down. So I covered 3 of my goals, got some exercise, got some fresh air and did something I've never done before. It was a first for my rescuer too. LOL I have now learned how to set the pin so it does not automatically lock. I may remove the lock if I ever do it again. Mary
Old 02-20-2012, 10:31 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for all of the "welcome backs"! I missed you guys! I really needed to get back here where it's safe, healthy and nurturing. First day logging foods in a while went ok, but it sure feels good to be in control of SOMETHING! lol I have a meeting in the morning with all of the department heads figuring out where we go from here. Should be interesting. I have a wonderful feeling that everything is ahead of schedule and that she'll be back in her own home within 7-10 days. She's a well educated, highly organized sort who is trying to take over as the facility administrator, so they may be happy to see her go... lol.

Mary,
What an awful experience! With my luck, I'd be trapped out there in my robe or something! I think I'd have to re-think an automatic lock, as well. Glad everything turned out well.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:34 AM
FitDay Member

1. Keep calories around 1200. 1289
2. Log whenever possible. Yes
3. Keep a water bottle with me at all times. Yes
4. Get at least 2 long hikes in this week. 0
5. Take multi-vitamin and supplements. Yes
6. Minimum of 3 fruits and veggies a day. Yes
Old 02-20-2012, 10:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'm in

Sorry I have been off the grid for the past few weeks - computer issue and health issue.

I like the goals and the ideas for Lent. I was thinking of taking up something for Lent - like going to the gym at least three times a week. I guess I could call it giving up the couch.

We had a long weekend and I did an early spring cleaning but failed miserably on the nutrition front over the past couple of weeks. Way too much junk food; not sure what triggered me but am going to have a better week this week.

Alison

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.