Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In?

Old 02-20-2012, 06:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I know how you feel. You heard me let a couple F-bombs slip out.

Hope, I wish I could come up with some good goals that I could stick to. You'd figure that with a half marathon less than 2 weeks away, I'd be all over some goal setting... not.
Awwww. ..Mike -- Can you stick some TLC in with your goals this week?

When I think of you, I often think of that BAN Hammer & it gives me the picture of you giving the good ole' 1-2-3 Punch.

I know that somewhere deep down you got the fight in you.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by fit4luv
Awwww. ..Mike -- Can you stick some TLC in with your goals this week?

When I think of you, I often think of that BAN Hammer & it gives me the picture of you giving the good ole' 1-2-3 Punch.

I know that somewhere deep down you got the fight in you.
What's TLC?

Unlike Tori, I won't take the week off. I will wait until Mardi Gras (tomorrow) is over with, so I'll get back on Wednesday. I do need to drop some weight b/c I've put on 15 pounds of fat since I last went clothes shopping. I now have to squeeze in my shirts like sausage in its casing. I freaking look like Baby Huey.
My weigh in yesterday was 185.4 so I'll try to get down to 181 this week.
I'll probably only write 2 policies since I'm taking part of the week off. Well I wrote a flood policy that doesn't count towards my bonus this morning... so 2 MORE.
I'll figure out the rest later but I'm open for suggestions or challenges!
Old 02-20-2012, 06:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default Mike-

TLC = Tender Loving Care -- In other words, do something special for yourself.

ETA: That's wonderful weight - all that muscle!

What type of challenge would be the best for you? Nutrition? Miles? Muscle?
Old 02-20-2012, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by fit4luv
TLC = Tender Loving Care -- In other words, do something special for yourself.

ETA: That's wonderful weight - all that muscle!

What type of challenge would be the best for you? Nutrition? Miles? Muscle?
I wish it were muscle. Muscle doesn't jiggle like this. I'll take any challenge.

I'm waiting on Tori to make a baby Huey crack at me.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
That's why I asked how long lent is! LOL ... I talk like a trucker sometimes.
40 long days and nights. I'm not a trucker, it's worse I'm like a pissed off construction worker. Growing up we weren't allowed to use any of that language in the house, my dad is a real stickler for clean speak. But my maternal grandfather was quick with a four letter word, even better he could string them together almost poetically, and he was FUNNY, like a short white Eddie Murphy with a red come-over. He died when I was 11 and my brothers and I sort of took to using his favorite phrases in his memory, of course only when dad wasn't around. Anyway then I went to college and ended up an architect, and seriously when you work in construction, it helps if you can string together a colorful sentence. Somehow that communicates a lot more clearly than a well written memo. It also helps to ease the gender gap if the guys understand that you aren't easily offended, which I'm not.

Last edited by almeeker; 02-20-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
40 long days and nights. I'm not a trucker, it's worse I'm like a pissed off construction worker.
So it's the rest of February and all of March? Hmmmm, I'll have to think on this a bit. I'm thinking of making it that diet coke that I have every night with dinner and cursing. With the stress I've been under lately it can't sound great sometimes! I do have restraint at work though because I keep it professional for the customers. If I can do that for them, I should be able to do it all day then too right? LOL

So that's it! Diet Coke & swearing!
Old 02-20-2012, 07:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I wish it were muscle. Muscle doesn't jiggle like this. I'll take any challenge.

I'm waiting on Tori to make a baby Huey crack at me.
LOL, that was me working out this morning, jiggle jiggle jiggle ouch, jiggle jiggle jiggle ouch. When is your marathon?

Okay my challenge to you this week is to keep up with me:

Monday - walk 5 miles
Tuesday - 60 min upper body and abs
Wednesday - 60 min cardio (+ possibly 60 min zumba)
Thursday - 60 min yoga
Friday - 40 min Buns of steel + 40 min abs
Saturday - 30 min weight lifting and 45 min cardio

You don't have to do the exact same workouts, (although I would buy a ticket to watch you Zumba) it's the minutes I'm challenging you to keep up with.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:45 AM
FitDay Member

Dar glad to hear your daughter is on the mend and a that you had a great interview. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Quinn Welcome back!!

Fit your so steady in your motivation I enjoy watching it.

Mea Welcome back Glad to hear this week is settling down and you can check in with us.

Mike I look forward to you Tori sparing it provides lots of entertainment. What will be this weeks challenge?

Tori Have fun but be safe at Mardi Gras

Wild heres to a strong week you can do it

Crazi slow and steady can be so frustrating but it's the best way Hang in there

Almeeker Those are some bought lent goals Best of luck

Here are my goals this week:

Calories revolving between 900-1400 (this is a new reduction for me in hopes to kick start some losing)
Cardio 5 x week
Weight Lifting 5 x week
Planking 5-7 x week
Some other additional physical activity 2-3 x week
Water 60oz daily

Good luck everyone!!!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 07:50 AM
FitDay Member

Dar n, good luck on the job interviewing. I've got my fingers crossed for you. How crazy that you were eyeball deep in a sick child situation and then had to pull off a job interview. Oh wow, when it rains, it pours... Hugs to you honey.

April, good luck with your son this week, I've got crossed fingers and hugs for you too.

Mern, honey where are you? Did you skip town to hit Mardi Gras or are you face down in the carb bucket?

Quin, I'm glad to see you back on board, you've been missed and I think I speak for the group as a whole when I say we've been worried.

meachan, how cool that you're a composer. That's music right?

Well I have to get going, good news here is that I've talked DD into giving up sweets along with me for moral support and she's thrown "watching television" on top of that.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
So that's it! Diet Coke & swearing!
Wow, you're a trooper! For the most part I've given up Diet Coke, but not entirely and never cold turkey for Lent. It took about 2 years, with lots of swearing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.