Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/13/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/13/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/13/12

Old 02-14-2012, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by aspikes
On a happy note, my DS8 wrote me the sweetest Valentine letter, I found it on my desk this morning, he said I was skinny and pretty. He is officially my favorite kid for the day!!
Awwww..... How sweet is he! I don't even know him and I want to just wrap him up and give him a squeeze.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Awwww..... How sweet is he! I don't even know him and I want to just wrap him up and give him a squeeze.
He really is the sweetest kid (picture a blonde, green-eyed, lil redneck boy dressed in camo and boots). He is def his mama's heart! My girls are more, ummm, spirited...hee hee
Old 02-14-2012, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator

Happy Valentines Day

I'll post my numbers up later, yesterday wasn't great (food wise). I'm busy at the office but will follow up later.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 100 oz of water M: Yes,
2. Walk at lunch unless freezing & windy (this week may be bad for walking) M: Windy & 27*,
3. Carbs less than 50% (new at this one so not setting it too low) M: 56%,
4. Work out 3 times by Friday (I know I won't on the weekend since hubby's home both days) M: No,
5. Weigh and post daily M: 262.4lbs, T: 260.4lbs, Loss this week: 2lbs
6. 500 calorie deficit daily M: -1021, Deficit this week: -1021lbs

Life Goals ...
1. One day at a time M: Oh Lord, I need help with this one right now...I'm doing it but it ain't easy,
2. Cross-stitch at least 3 times (can be done on lunch at work to count) M: 45 mins on lunch,
3. Finish weekend laundry M: No,
4. Make sure son's clothes are ready for Valentine's Dance Thursday night.... Awwwww! M: No,

Health goals were great yesterday. I will get a handle on that carb goal, I just gotta figure it out. Then I can lower it once I get this one mastered.

I have a rant inside me but don't have the energy or desire to cry at work to type it out right now.

Kay ... Go get 'em! Don't be afraid to let them know that you are there for your son and they need to do what they are supposed to do to hold up their end of your partnership in his life.

Tori ... Your Zumba class sounds like a ball! ... How did the writing of the email go?

Cassie ... Yay! You had a good day yesterday. It's been a while coming and you deserved that!

Lizzie ... TY for your comments on my pics. Is it this weekend that you and your BF are going away?

Luv ... I always love clearing out the clothes that are too small for the kids and donating the toys that they have outgrown too.

Terri ... LOL @ mashed potato purist! ... Awesome that you found those gift certificates and spent them so well!

Ashlie ... Your son is such a sweetheart! He's gonna make some girl very happy one day. (A long time from now! LOL)

Amy ... How is that? You had to take out the trash on Valentine's Day? The nerve of him! LOL ... I love the Galactic Bitch from Hell comment!!

Mea ... Just think about this next time you think your loss is little. 1 lb a week is 52 lbs in a year!!
Old 02-14-2012, 04:39 AM
Super Moderator

I got a nice email from one that I wrote yesterday. This isn't the one with the $7474. I save everyone that I've been writing a good bit of money. That's part of my "system" It's nice to get a nice message from a new client.

Hey Mike:
Just wanted to thank you for helping me save some money. You're a very good salesman and agent. Please let me know what I need to do to make you my agent.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

I think I love Tuesdays as much as I do Mondays.....not so much at all!! It's been a busy one! I just got some down time for a quick stand at the desk lunch. I was a little bummed this morning when the scale said the EXACT same thing it did yesterday. But then I remembered it's only day 2 of the week, so I ain't gonna sweat it! I will try and catch up personally with everyone this evening, right now I'm knee deep in paperwork. Actually it's more like thigh deep, I'm short!
Old 02-14-2012, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I got a nice email from one that I wrote yesterday. This isn't the one with the $7474. I save everyone that I've been writing a good bit of money. That's part of my "system" It's nice to get a nice message from a new client.

Hey Mike:
Just wanted to thank you for helping me save some money. You're a very good salesman and agent. Please let me know what I need to do to make you my agent.
That is so nice! I have a file in my email folders where I store stuff like this. Just for a day when I question whether I am appreciated.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

Mike. Isn't it great to feel appreciated and know that you are helping people as well as doing your job. Hope you get many more just like that one.

April. Yes I am flying over England after work tomorrow and then home again on Sunday eve. I'm all packed, not that I take much as I have toiletries and clothes left at his house to save me carting everything over there.

My goals this week are simple

1. Try not to overeat when I am away
2. Try not to drink too much when I am away.
3. Get out and about and do some walking.
4. Enjoy my little break with BF.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, wish I could send some lessons to your parents about not interfering. I'm no saint--it took me years and years and years and years to learn that lesson. It's good to know that YOU know they're doing it out of love. Wish I had some advice. Have you tried to tactfully talk to them about it? I mean as in planning what you want to say in advance and delivering your tactful speech next time the opportunity arises? Sometimes seeing the numbers is the only thing that stops me from binging, too, but I'm usually too ashamed to log when I'm eating like that as I continue to take comfort in denial. I DO have some advice on the mashed cauliflower. I found one way to prevent blandness in mashed cauliflower is to lightly salt/salt substitute the cauliflower before cooking and to cook it until very soft (like 10-12 minutes if cooked from frozen--mine is always bought frozen.) Then I plop it in the food processor, and add seasonings to taste--a little at a time until I get it how I like it, except if I'm adding cheese later, I go a little easier on the salt. You can add more at the end if desired. My initial seasonings are butter/margarine, salt substitute, pepper, either dehydrated onion or onion powder. Then I add other ingredients such as sour cream (if not adding butter/margarine) or cheese or whatever else I'm putting in it. And then I taste for seasoning again at the end and reheat it in the microwave if necessary.

LOL--even though she posted at 10:17AM my time, I got to Terri again but didn't get finished. Will finish up when I get back from picking up the grandkids.

Last edited by Mern; 02-14-2012 at 05:47 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

Oops, Terri's post reminded me that I didn't post something wonderful or a complaint to blessing. So I'll do it now: didn't sleep well last night due to a sinus headache but was able to go back to sleep and get rid of the headache after taking my younger grandkids to school this morning. The house is a mess, but I'm rested. That's one of the perks of being 65 and retired from working outside the home--the luxury of a nap (when badly needed) between child care duties. LOL

Terri, your Monday report is really wonderful. Congrats on a job well done! Ooh, the arrival of the first parts of the new computer IS wonderful, too. I'm really impressed how you know your body so well and decided the lf popcorn would do you some good. Packing the larger than normal lunch to be ready to compensate was a great move, too. That is so cool about finding the BB&B gift certificates! I have the same problem with the non-stick coating wearing away on my skillets and have heard it's really not good to ingest that stuff. Your whole shopping trip there sounds like fun--being able to pick out whatever you wanted due to those generous gift certificates. Hope you and BF have great Valentine's Day, too.

Ashlie, nice report. 90 calories over isn't bad at all. I filed down my other nails so now I have nine nicely trimmed down and just one gnawed-off. You probably told us and I forgot: what sport does BF play? OMG, that's so sweet about the Valentine's letter from your son.

Amy, big hug to ya. I went on a bitchy rant this morning with my 10 year old GD and promised her a punishment as soon as she got home from school. I felt horrible about it after she was at school. Luckily she had to call home about another matter after being at school for only an hour and I was able to apologize her and rescind the punishment because BOTH of us were equally to blame and no one punished ME. I was so glad to have the chance to save her entire day from being ruined--Valentine's Day party and all. I blame it all on my doc giving this 65 year old the wrong birth control pills, too. LOL Seriously, though, it's understandable that your change in prescriptions could be responsible. I hope you can get calmed through the yoga and a new attitude. I was watching an old Columbo detective movie the other day and there was a motivational speaker/psychologist on there telling people about having a personal keyword to say to themselves as a calming effect when things get out of control. Like a mantra, I guess, but I suck at meditation. I haven't thought of one yet, but I will. I guess even if having such a word is a crock of @#$%, it may work if the individual WANTS it to. Ah, mind games--I'm a sucker for them. LOL OMG, I'm sure it wasn't funny about the Valentine's being at the bottom of the backpack and DH not taking out the garbage today of all days, but the way you wrote it would make a good episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond." Congrats on being down .6 lb. despite your hard day yesterday. You're almost back down from last Monday--that has to feel good.

Mea, great Monday report! I totally understand how not setting a calorie limit may serve you better. I dropped my artificial sweetener and sugar free chocolate limitations from my goals and now that I don't have to look at that goal daily, I don't gravitate to either one on a daily basis any more. Preservative free is a good way to go. I'm not as good as I should be, but they're certainly not good for us. Best wishes on curbing the refined sugar. It's a really healthful goal as well. Congrats on the weight loss--I think losing more slowly is best anyway.

Pimp Daddy, Happy Valentine's Day to you, too. Great note from your new client!

Lizzie, wishing you a wonderful visit with BF!

April, nice Monday report. Best wishes on the carbs--you'll get the hang of what level is best for you. And wow--scale still going down! Congrats on that. Keeping you in my prayers--one day at a time. Big hug to ya. Feel free to post your rant if it'll help. Lord knows we all need to have a place to vent. That's great that you have a file of emails to read when you need to feel more appreciated.

Tori, give yourself credit and bask in the glory of your recent weight loss achieved. Yeah, it's early in the week--and we're proud of you anyway! Big hug to ya!

Last edited by Mern; 02-14-2012 at 07:49 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.