Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/13/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/13/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/13/12

Old 02-14-2012, 08:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by aspikes
Hope!! I'm so glad to see you, i love your goals. I feel the same way lately, disgusted with myself and self medicating with food.... UGH! So sorry about your kitty. DD issues can be exhausing, I have DD16, I feel your pain. Stay with us here, lets help each other!!
Thank you, honey!!! You make me feel so welcome!!!!

And yes let us not eat our emotions. Or our teenage DD woes.

Your lovely message makes me want to stay with the supportive people like you here!!!

Happy V day!!!

Last edited by canary52; 02-14-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Hope, I am so sorry to read about Jake and so sorry you have more DD worries. Huge hugs to ya! Long time no see! Welome back. Honey, you have a lot of company as SEVERAL of us fell off the wagon. THERE'S NO NEED to read all the posts--honestly, I don't think anyone here has time to do that. Many times I have to just skim the posts to look to see if anyone addressed me personally and reply to only those. Kudos on the writing. Stand up comedy? I'll be good on food tomorrow--can't promise anything regarding behavior, though.

Oh, crud, I still have to exercise today if I want all green numbers and bragging rights tomorrow. UGH! I won't let myself come back here tonight until I HAVE exercised. DOUBLE UGH!
Mern, You are such a warm soul. Big hugs right back atcha. This must be a big wagon we all fell off!!! Back on, after Valentines Day....

And yeah stand up comedy (and it's gotta be clean, darn it) tho I am tempted to chicken out....

Last edited by canary52; 02-14-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jbuschur
Hope- Welcome back! Some days I too have trouble catching up, we all do I’m sure. Just do the best you can! Sorry about Jake, and your DD worries. Hope to see you here more often!

Have a great evening everyone!

Julie
Thank you for your kind words.

Three pounds is awesome! I have also thought about oh here i go with the same goals but why not? There's a reason we keep trying for em!!!!!Because they are good ones and so worth it. Umm that may be two reasons....

Last edited by canary52; 02-14-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:43 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, I hope you feel better! You are always so comforting to everyone else. I hope you take good care of you today!!!

Cassie, you seem to be starting out great. Thank you Fit 4 Luv and Amy for welcoming back. It means so much to be acknowledged.

I missed this crowd.

So a funny thing to share. My writing class keeps telling me how thin I look and asking what I have done to lose. ( I jokingly said the stress diet) The thing is: I have gained about 5 or 6 pounds, yet rather than hiding in my big girl clothes, I actually have been wearing stuff that is not so baggy. I tend to shop to hide "a multitude of sins" as my Dad used to say. I went shopping with DD a while back and she made me buy clothes that fit me. Also on vacay tho I ate like I was pregnant with quintuplets, I went to the gym everyday and walked everywhere.

A lesson in this? I think perhaps...

I started out late yesterday on this thread and have not yet gotten thru the DH special V Day dinner. So I will post results later, y'all.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:40 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Monday Goal Check in

Hi all, a pretty good day today, just busy at work. I did go out to lunch with some coworkers but managed to stay on track. Still focusing on getting steps in, that seems to be the toughest for me. I know it will be easier once I'm not so busy at work, but I can't wait till then so I'll just keep after it every day!

1200-1400 cals 1353
80 oz water Yes
Treadmill T-Th-Sat
5000 steps on non TM days 4005
8000 steps on TM days
Weights and Floor Exercises at least 3 times. Yes
Post here every day Yes

Kay- I am so sorry you’re having these problems with your son’s teacher, clearly the problem is on the teacher’s end and lack of communication between the support teacher and the main teacher. I hope you can get her straightened out at the conference!

Luv- Thank you for the kind words, you are so sweet! This board has been so important in helping me stay focused every day on doing what I need to do, I hope it will continue to help you as well!

Ashlie- What a sweet son you have, you’re bringing him up right! Keep hanging around here and we’ll help keep you on track, believe me, we all have days where we don’t feel too great about ourselves, but we can all do this!

Mea- I think your new way of thinking about the calories is a great one, focusing on high quality, filling food is smart, the calories will take care of themselves. Congrats on the pound too, I wish it would come off more quickly, but I know that if it comes off at a reasonable rate it’s more likely to stay off. You have a great attitude about it!

Mike- Happy Valentine’s Day to you too, hope today turned out better, I bet that nice email from your new client helped!

April- Great job on your goal, big hug coming your way for whatever you need it for!

Tori- You’re doing great, I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Mern- I think you are a wonderful mother and grandmother and your family is very lucky to have you to help them the way you do. I always look forward to your posts, you are so witty and well spoken and so kind to everyone here, that means so much.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:38 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, I feel totally better now, thanks, after pampering myself today. I ought to show my 10 year old granddaughter your post about my being a warm soul. If she were allowed to curse she'd have said this morning that I'm a cold-hearted bitch. LOL (But we made up, so we're good.) I'm glad I made SOMEONE feel good today, though. Man, I agree--must have been one big wagon we all fell off! That's the most of our group I've ever known to fall off all at one time. Maybe it was one of those contageous "computer viruses" that's responsible. I may come out and ask you on Wednesday whether you're back on the wagon. Jeff Foxworthy is so entertaining--sometimes a little off color but one of the cleanest comedians I've come across and he makes huge bucks in his craft. So where would you do this stand up? Local clubs or what? Our group here is so talented! I think you should go for the stand up. What have you got to lose? Your daughter is right about the clothes--although I'm too chicken to wear anything but baggy clothes to cover the multitude of sins, once when I wore a more tailored top, a few people at a party asked me if I had lost weight and I hadn't, either.

Julie, you reminded me that I haven't gotten in my exercise today. UGH, I'll make myself do it before I can log back on tonight--had to make myself do that last night, too. You had a great report yesterday and were really close to your 5000 steps. Aw, you're such a sweetheart. Thanks for your kind words to me. They came at a specially good time in view of the spat I had with my 10 year old granddaughter this morning, over which I still feel horrible even though we made up. She has forgiven me--now I have to forgive myself and move on. Something really cool is that we have people in our group from age 20 to age 76 and we all get along so well.

Frances Lueck who is 76 years young, are you still here? How are you doing? We'd love to hear from you.

Rose, yoohoo! Are you out there and how's it going?

We had so many leftovers in the fridge that DH and I decided to just eat those instead of going out for or my cooking a special Valentine's dinner. Less work for me and less cleanup for both of us--that's not very romantic, but we're "settled." BUT my DH took the trash cans out to the curb today for pickup--Amy will tell y'all that's romantic--got me all aroused. LOL

Last edited by Mern; 02-14-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
And yeah stand up comedy (and it's gotta be clean, darn it) tho I am tempted to chicken out....
I say go for it. I've been approached a few times to do stand up, but always chickened out. Maybe one of these days... I had a table full of women roaring last night, but it wasn't clean, not even close.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:30 AM
FitDay Member

I promise that I'm going to catch up with everyone tonight. But first, a rant in white

So, my oldest niece, who I normally called #1 and will now forever refer to her as DN1 (7th grade, almost 13 yrs old) has always been the athlete of the 2 girls. She's played all the sports offered in youth leagues and made both the Jr. High's volleyball and basketball teams. Her true love though has always been softball. The JV team had tryouts yesterday and today. Well, for the past month they have been having conditioning with the 7th and 8th graders who were wanting to try out. DN1 wasn't able to go to after school conditioning because she had basketball pretty much every day up until last week. The JV team was letting anyone try out, even if they didn't get to go to conditioning, so she tried out. Today was the last day of try outs and guess what, she didn't make the team. Only she and one other girl got cut. She admitted that she wasn't as good as she knows she can be, and that the other girls were better than her today. But she's still devestated. She's the ONLY one of the girls she's grown up playing with that didn't make the team. The coaches told her that her batting and throwing were off, but that they could tell she was a natural athlete and to definitely try out again next year.

Here's where I'm pissed off.....they also told her that they had already made up their minds who they were putting on the team BEFORE THEY HELD TRY OUTS!!! So, why even let the other girls try out???? How is it fair to say "sure come on out and try, but we're not putting you on the team, just cause". Because that's pretty much what they did. It also infuriates me to know that girls who made the team aren't as good as she is. And I'm not saying that just because she's MY DN, it's the truth. I've been around the sport long enough to know who's got it and who don't. And I've seen most of these girls play since they were 5, and half those girls don't have it!!! She does everything right, all the time. She's plays all the sports, and still pulls Straight As in honors classes. This is the ONLY thing she's never gotten that she's wanted. And yeah yeah, I know that we can't always get what we want. But SHE'S GOOD ENOUGH! AND BETTER THAN THOSE OTHER GIRLS!

My brother's kids are my kids. When they hurt, I hurt. She called and said "AunTori, I just want to quit". And of course the adult in me says "no baby, don't quit. We all know that it wasn't a fair try out. And we all know you're good enough." But it still doesn't make me hurt any less for her. I had to fight back the tears when talking to her, because I know how much she wanted this. And there's nothing I can do to make the hurt go away.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
We had so many leftovers in the fridge that DH and I decided to just eat those instead of going out for or my cooking a special Valentine's dinner. Less work for me and less cleanup for both of us--that's not very romantic, but we're "settled." BUT my DH took the trash cans out to the curb today for pickup--Amy will tell y'all that's romantic--got me all aroused. LOL
Bahahaha!!! OMG you are too too funny. I said to DH that the vase of roses on the front steps yesterday was very sexy, having to haul the garbage cart to the curb through the snow in my slippers on Valentine's Day, not so much.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

finally an update

Goals for the week:

0 eating past bed time done, done
1 gallon of water/day no
2 pounds
3 heavy lifting sessions 1
4 policies 2
5 servings of fruit/veggies no
6 miles 0
7 days of logging and posting goals no

I have been swamped. I haven't logged anything, but it's no biggie since I don't have a calorie goal. My food has been clean today and I already have in 3 servings of fruit/veggies. I need to kick it in gear with my water though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.