Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/13/12

Old 02-13-2012, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

I am so glad to see Monday come and go! It was a strange day indeed! Just doing a check in to keep myself accountable. I'm really wanting some of the chips that I found hiding in the cabinet. Salt & Vinegar at that! My faaavveesssssssss!!!!! I think I'm going to get this walking done before it gets cold. It's currently about 52*, which is cold enough for this Southern Belle!! I'm not real sure how I'm gonna make it through tomorrow if we actually do get the wet stuff they're predicting!!! Cold AND wet are not a combo that I desire.

Getting up now to dump the chips in the garbage! If I just throw the bag out, I'll be tempted to dig them out! EEEWWWWWWWW
Old 02-13-2012, 09:10 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all!! I'm new to the forums and have been repeatedly invited to pop over here and join the weekly support thread...so here I am!!

My goals this week:
1. Keep under 1600 calories each day(the lower the better)
2. 80 oz of water min. each day
3. Get in at a min. 30 mins of exercise each day.
4. Research foods that are filling yet lower in carbs/fat.
5. Have weight loss of 1-2lbs.

Other goals:
1. Get new cook hired at work.
2. Make reading guide worksheets for son's literature unit(I home school him)
3. Buy new tennis shoes!!! My old ones are worn out!!

Deborah
Old 02-13-2012, 09:23 AM
FitDay Member

Tori ~ Great going on running from your temptation . ... and replacing it with something good like a walk. Swim, girl, Swim!!!

Deborah ~
I also homeschool. We have 2 girls - 1st grade & 5th grade. This board has been so encouraging for me to keep going. Excellent goals, by the way.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:25 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry Cassie but if it makes you feel less tempted a small 500ml container = 737 calories48grams fat 30 of them saturated and 66grams carbs it was a big mistake.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:26 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Deborah!
Old 02-13-2012, 09:39 AM
FitDay Member

My goals this week:
1) stop eating so frigging much
2) drink some frigging water for goodness sake
3) stay on this thread
4) be a stretchy mama

simple goals, not quite as elegant as Mike's. Amy is the bunny preg? didn't get to read all the posts, so hard to keep up which is why I sometimes drop out. excuses, excuses. Hello everyone. It's been a tough time. I had to put my beloved elegant gray cat Jake to sleep. Baby Jake. He was only 6. I cannot say more. I will cry. Plus I have more DD worries.

BUT I am writing (i did a reading) and I even signed on to do stand up (tho I may chicken out.)

Happy V day everyone! Be good or at least have fun if you're not.

Last edited by canary52; 02-13-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:48 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, here's post about something not ice cream. I traded my dinner's steamed broccoli for another 1/2 cup of my cabbage, tomato, onion, and lean ground beef casserole because it was so delicious. And I'm STILL going to come in with fantastic numbers tomorrow. Still have room for a snack of ground turkey patty and a piece of string cheese tonight along with a cup or unsweetened orange spice tea. YUMMY day so far!

Deborah, welcome to our group! Nice sensible goals. I, too, allow myself up to 1600 calories each day. I'm afraid that if I go much lower (like to 1200 like some are able to do)when I eventually reach goal weight I'll start putting weight back on as I increase calories to what it would take to maintain that goal weight. But we're all different, so whatever works best for each person is fine with me. I'm also a lowcarber. I have 7 grandkids and 2 great grandkids. How old are your Oompa Loompas? You work AND homeschool your kids?
Old 02-13-2012, 10:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, I am so sorry to read about Jake and so sorry you have more DD worries. Huge hugs to ya! Long time no see! Welome back. Honey, you have a lot of company as SEVERAL of us fell off the wagon. THERE'S NO NEED to read all the posts--honestly, I don't think anyone here has time to do that. Many times I have to just skim the posts to look to see if anyone addressed me personally and reply to only those. Kudos on the writing. Stand up comedy? I'll be good on food tomorrow--can't promise anything regarding behavior, though.

Oh, crud, I still have to exercise today if I want all green numbers and bragging rights tomorrow. UGH! I won't let myself come back here tonight until I HAVE exercised. DOUBLE UGH!
Old 02-13-2012, 10:03 AM
FitDay Member

One more thing--anyone know where Rose is?

We miss you, Rose!
Old 02-13-2012, 10:10 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Mern! My Oompas are 13(DD), 11(DD) and 8(DS). I only homeschool my youngest anymore. He has a few obstacles that make public school not an option right now. I am lucky to work 6 miles from home at a church affiliated camp. We run year round with obviously less work/campers over the winter than other times. I am their food service manager. I've been able to set the schedule so I work mostly evenings and when I do work days I can take my son with me.

I know I'll lose more on 1200 calories but I tried that before and seemed to always be hungry. It caused me to obsess about my next meal/snack and overindulged way too often. Maybe once I get my body used to 1600 calories I can thrown in a week challenge at 1200. For me, if I intend to make this a lifestyle change vs. a weight loss diet, I need to be realistic and make small changes and take small steps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.