FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/13/12 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/6660-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-2-13-12-a.html)

yourbadd 02-19-2012 01:19 AM

This week had it's up and downs but I came thru fairly unscathed!!
My goals this week:
1. Keep under 1600 calories each day:M1206,Tu2316 Damn Valentine's Day,W1676,Th1352, Fr1254, Sat910, Sun??
2. 80 oz of water min. each day Yes, every day so far!!
3. Get in at a min. 30 mins of exercise each day. Ugh, no. M30, T0, W60, Th0, Fr30, Sat-walked 9125 steps @ work,Sun-??
4. Research foods that are filling yet lower in carbs/fat. Yes and I picked up several at the store yesterday.
5. Have weight loss of 1-2lbs.Starting weight on Monday 183.6, today's weight...178.2!!!! -5.4!!!!!

Other goals:
1. Get new cook hired at work. Yes, she starts Saturday
2. Make reading guide worksheets for son's literature unit(I home school him) Got several chapters done!!
3. Buy new tennis shoes!!! My old ones are worn out!! Will be headed out later today to spend my Kohl's cash and get new shoes!!

kimbur96 02-19-2012 01:54 AM

Hello all.

Pulling myself up out of my depression and getting back on track.Yeah Me!
I didn't get to the gym yesterday but I did clean the whole house, did multiple loads of laundry and downloaded and did a latin cardio program on netflix. So at least i got up and moving. I also ate clean. Today I am already on the next load of laundry and dressed to go to they gym shortly.

I don't know if anyone can relate but the whole workout, food, depression pain thing is such an insidious trap. When I start to feel depressed I don't want to workout, this leads to more depression as I am not getting the workout endorphins. Then I want to feel better and I start to think, obsessively about feel good foods. Also not working out leads to early morning back pain within a few day to a week. This makes me not want to get up and workout either. It is a crazy downward spiral and it happens so quickly.

Thanks to all who encouraged me to get back on the wagon: Julie, Fit, Mike and anyone i missed.

Congrats Yourbadd on your weight loss !!

Kay a hike along the appalachin trail..thats awesome sounds so peaceful.

Julie you had a good week lots of green

Mike congrats on all the policies this week, way to go. Sorry to read about your daughters car. Good news is cars can be fixed and she wasn't hurt.

Crazygirl welcome, no rules that i know of just a friendly place to be accountable to yourself and others and LOTS of encouragement from each other.

I'm sure I missed lots, and I apologize just trying to catch up and get back on track.

fit4luv 02-19-2012 06:34 AM

Hey Kim! :) I understand depression - at least what I've worked thru & continue to work thru. Glad to see you refocusing.

Right now I've something going on head-wise & stomach-wise. :p Sat was not good health wise except I did great on my veggies.

Just don't feel good this weekend. My youngest daughter was up allllll night on Friday night. I may have caught something of what she had?!

* I did aerobic exercise for a total of 120 minutes - more than I was doing in December & January. So when I look at it like that, than I've come a long way.

*Strength training -- Met most of goals except the 2nd time of Lower Body.

* I'm drinking more water than last Dec.

*I lost weight since Dec. Almost 10 lbs (give or take the current bouncing pounds).

Hopefully I'll be better to respond individually in the coming week.

ETA: HA! Just noticed that I used the word "better" in the last 3 sentences. I'm so woozy right now that I must have a great need for that particular word. ;)

01gt4.6 02-19-2012 06:39 AM

Weigh on for the Tori challenge was 185.4 as of this morning. I tried to sabatage her with some king cake. Now she'll have 2 in her room calling her name. :)

So far all that I've had to eat was a piece of king cake. Just. Boarded a streetcar in NOLA headed to the aquarium with some friends and damn I am hungry!!!

kimbur96 02-19-2012 06:50 AM

Just had to share I finally made it to the gym. WooHOO!!!!:D

01gt4.6 02-19-2012 07:25 AM

Thanks Kim and wooowhoo to you. :)

ToriD1012 02-19-2012 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 73344)
Weigh on for the Tori challenge was 185.4 as of this morning. I tried to sabotage her with some king cake. Now she'll have 2 in her room calling her name. :)

So far all that I've had to eat was a piece of king cake. Just. Boarded a streetcar in NOLA headed to the aquarium with some friends and damn I am hungry!!!

SABOTEUR!! :p Nah, did it to myself when we hit up The Wal Mart, so I can't blame you.

On a serious note....I just spent an hour and a half at the mall, went in every store there that sold shoes and came out bootless!!!
Steve Madden--ZILCH!
Nine Wedt--NADA!
Aldo--2 UBERCUTE pairs of cowboy boots, neither of which they had size BigAss in....

So I'm bootless, was sabotaged with King Cake (by a cheater who weighed in 2 days late), and now my ulcer is hurting because I need real food not just sugar. SIGH!! So disappointed.....:(

canary52 02-19-2012 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 73113)
Because you are a living breathing organism and need food to survive. There is also a chance that your superpower is to survive any and all forms of famine. That's my fall back position when I have no other excuse for stuffing my face. Did you eat a lot of carbs earlier in the day and are now crashing? Personally I am completely prone to a crash after consuming grains, especially anything made with white flour or sugar (and let's face it, where you find one, you find the other). And when I crash, it's like I'm hollow and flat out can't get enough to eat.

Could be carbs, could be stress, I keep trying to fight this battle. Start out great, end up EATING EVERYTHING.

canary52 02-19-2012 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by kimbur96 (Post 73334)
Hello all.

Pulling myself up out of my depression and getting back on track.Yeah Me!
I didn't get to the gym yesterday but I did clean the whole house, did multiple loads of laundry and downloaded and did a latin cardio program on netflix. So at least i got up and moving. I also ate clean. Today I am already on the next load of laundry and dressed to go to they gym shortly.

I don't know if anyone can relate but the whole workout, food, depression pain thing is such an insidious trap. When I start to feel depressed I don't want to workout, this leads to more depression as I am not getting the workout endorphins. Then I want to feel better and I start to think, obsessively about feel good foods. Also not working out leads to early morning back pain within a few day to a week. This makes me not want to get up and workout either. It is a crazy downward spiral and it happens so quickly.

I'm sure I missed lots, and I apologize just trying to catch up and get back on track.

So glad to hear you taking positive steps. I can relate so much to this post. Thank you for sharing it.

And woo hoo to you for getting out there to the gym, good going.

canary52 02-19-2012 08:17 AM

My goals this week:
1) stop eating so frigging much: N, N, tried strict diet, backfired; somewhat less, N, N
2) drink some frigging water for goodness sake:N, a little more but N, Y, Y but even on the Y, should have been more (It's water, put it in a glass or bottle; drink it how hard can this be?) Y, Y
3) stay on this thread: got on, still here, here, here in spirit (had to bring DD to doctor, fight insurance company on visit and meds, those howling jackals, etc. Do jackals howl BTW?) N, N
4) be a stretchy mama: N, N, Y and Y, Y, Y ish