Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Multivitamins for women (aka "How I got banned for doing market research on FD") >

Multivitamins for women (aka "How I got banned for doing market research on FD")

Notices

Multivitamins for women (aka "How I got banned for doing market research on FD")

Old 02-08-2012, 08:33 AM
FitDay Member

Post Multivitamins for women (aka "How I got banned for doing market research on FD")

Hi Fitday members!

My doctor told me to take a multivitamin because I was not getting sufficient vitamins through my diet alone. Can anyone suggest a multivitamin and why they use it? I want to hear your opinions!
Old 02-08-2012, 09:16 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there ~ Does your Dr have a recommendation for you? I really would see what they have to say.

I currently use a generic brand Multivitamin because of $. I prefer certain others, but at this point generic will have to do.

I would love to have what I need compounded thru a special pharmacist. Maybe sometime . . .
Old 02-08-2012, 09:45 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I take Centrum for Women, I like it because it has extra calcium and Vitamin D for bone and breast health. Seems to work well, my hair and nails grow like crazy! You should see if your doctor wants you to take a specific one though in case you are deficient in a certain one.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:41 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cejones1
Hi Fitday members!

My doctor told me to take a multivitamin because I was not getting sufficient vitamins through my diet alone. Can anyone suggest a multivitamin and why they use it? I want to hear your opinions!
Did he/she look at your nutritional breakdown on Fitday? What is your opinion? How does your nutritional breakdown look? Do you think based on what you are eating you need to supplement?

Once a month I look at nutritional breakdown on Fitday and supplement based on that. I lack in Vitamin E and Magnesium. The rest of my vitamins are on par with 100% or more of the USDA recommendation. That is just what I do.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:57 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by frenchhen3
Did he/she look at your nutritional breakdown on Fitday? What is your opinion? How does your nutritional breakdown look? Do you think based on what you are eating you need to supplement?

Once a month I look at nutritional breakdown on Fitday and supplement based on that. I lack in Vitamin E and Magnesium. The rest of my vitamins are on par with 100% or more of the USDA recommendation. That is just what I do.
Good questions.

Yeah, Magnesium is a BEAR to get. I've been on sites that state they think the RDA is too low at 400 mg/day. I try to get 500-644 mg/day. I take Magnesium Citrate when I'm running a deficit.

Lack of sufficient Mg is linked with heart attacks...
Old 02-08-2012, 03:42 PM
FitDay Member

I asked my Dr. and he said the one's he recommends are Centrum or One-a-day, he says you don't necessarily have to pay the big bucks to get a good multi. I alway's google a consumer report site and see what they say. Depending who is writing the report of course.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Fitday members!

Something else you might want to take into account. I had a doctor who had never taken blood from me, never taken a urine sample, tell me a very long list of supplements I should be taking. I questioned her. "Why do you feel this way in regards to my situation?" It's okay to question.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

yeah. Good point on looking at the nutritional breakdown on FitDay. I am definitely going to start doing that. However, my diet isn't always the same each and everyday so I am think I should listen to my doctor and get a multi. It sounds like a few people are taking Centrum or control labels. Anyone taking Jamieson multivitamins? I just want to hear why people chose the vitamins they did...
Old 02-09-2012, 01:39 AM
Super Moderator

I take Women's One-A-Day Women's Active Metabolism. It has a lot of B vitamins and others which seem to give me a little more energy - I feel it when I don't take it, and having an active metabolism can't hurt, right?
Old 02-09-2012, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

Anyone taking Jamieson multivitamins? I just want to hear why people chose the vitamins they did...
Market research perhaps? So you already have a multi in mind?

I take Centrum Silver for Men. I've read up on vitamins and I'll agree with the doctor quote on here that "you don't necessarily have to pay the big bucks to get a good multi".

I would assume that Centrum is also great for women.

By the way, cejones1, you're brand new here, Welcome! You still haven't stated your weight loss/fitness goals. Do you have any goals other than learning about what this community takes for a vitamin?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.