FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/6606-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-2-6-12-a.html)

almeeker 02-06-2012 12:22 AM

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12

Good morning losers! I had a less than stellar weekend food-wise, but the exercise business went well. This afternoon my workout partner is coming over we're going to take "before" and "after" pics of our butts & guts. Weird I know, but we're going halfsies on "The Brazilian Butt Lift" DVD's, so I told her that we had to take the pics in order to have a chance of starring on the next infommercial. LOL. Actually I just think the pics will be motivational, I don't see either of our butts getting famous. She and I have completely different figures, so it will be interesting to see if the workouts give us similar results.

Health & Fitness:

1. Calories 1,400 week days, 1,600 weekends.
2. 100 oz water.
3. 7 hours exercise.
4. Calorie deficit 5,000.
5. Protein 25% or higher.
6. Log & report everyday.
7. Last Monday 165.8. Post weight: 164

Other stuff:

1. Finish 1 rabbit cage, cut pieces for 3 more.
2. Finish my little part of the taxes.
3. Housework 45 min daily +1 load of laundry.
4. Write calendar for G.S.
5. Distribute 4-H calendar.
6. Cut out pieces for Betsy Ross costume.
7. Write and send out Valentines.
8. Write down the most wonderful thing that happened.

Mike, get walking buddy and congrats on finally eating clean.

Terri, so how did it go? Do we get a pic of you and BF dressed in drag or did you make your goal of 4 hours?

Darn, I'm not surprised that puppy duty is wearing you out. Potty training is difficult, no matter the species. Have you taken her on your hikes yet, or is she too little for all that?

Tori, how you holding up honey? This week is bound to be rough which for most of us could go in either direction (eating too much or not enough), so harness all those emotions and make it work for you, okay?

I'm sitting here with a bunny on my lap, she keeps sniffing the keyboard, I think she wants to type a message. DD brought her in, dropped her on my lap and then disappeared. Typical. Now the rabbit is trying to eat my pj's. It's time for some kibble, no question about that.

RunbikeSki 02-06-2012 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 71869)
I'm sitting here with a bunny on my lap, she keeps sniffing the keyboard, I think she wants to type a message. DD brought her in, dropped her on my lap and then disappeared. Typical. Now the rabbit is trying to eat my pj's. It's time for some kibble, no question about that.

Bunny says: vegetables people! eat your veggies!

almeeker 02-06-2012 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki (Post 71875)
Bunny says: vegetables people! eat your veggies!

LOL, actually I think she was saying "feed me or I'll eat your pj's". I fed her, not that my pj's are anything special, but they're mine and ugly enough that nobody steals them.

Alright Pam, what are your goals for the week? We let you off easy last week, are you buckling down this week or what?

cjohnson728 02-06-2012 01:18 AM

Morning, Everyone

I hope everyone had a great weekend and week last week. I know I fell off the radar. Work has gotten insanely busy, at just around the same time as high school music, sports, and academic administrivia has ramped up, in addition to some home tasks that couldn't be put off any longer.

That's not an excuse. I should have been on here. Everyone else is busy, too.

I am pretty disappointed at how I've handled the past two weeks. Basically, I fell back into a pattern I assumed years ago, which was to work till the boy got out of school, have family time, then work again for a few hours after everyone went back to bed. Essentially, that left me with very little sleep, no exercise, and impulsive food choices - not horrible choices, but not taking the time to pay attention to portion control.

Basically, these past weeks have been a lesson in how to not take care of myself. I am so much happier when my health and mental well-being are a priority and I need to be accountable and start making that happen again. Things are no less busy and are about to get a bit crazier, even, but I have to do this.

That being said...tried and true goals for me this week

1. Keep calories at 1300.
2. Follow my pie chart / fiber guidelines.
3. 2 sports bottles of water.
4. Take all vitamins and supplements.
5. Sleep 7 hours, at least.
6. Exercise 6 times.
7. Check into FD 3 times daily and log everything.

8. Get info and order new faucets for MBR.
9. Change doc appts.
10. Card for pediatrician.

I feel like I need to make myself write, "I will get it together" a hundred times. I know I can do this.

almeeker 02-06-2012 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 71880)
I feel like I need to make myself write, "I will get it together" a hundred times. I know I can do this.

LOL, are you going to write them in a notebook or a chalkboard? Just kidding, seriously where would you find a chalkboard anymore? I hear you on the "get it together" business, although sometimes I worry that if I do manage to get it together, no one will recognize me, myself included, either that or it will kill me. I joke with DH that if that should happen he's to put the following on my gravestone, "Here lies my beloved wife, she finally got it together and it killed her dead". All kidding aside, it's so true that for many of us "living healthy" is WORK, I really wish it came more naturally to me, but every day still feels like an uphill battle on the front line. This week my mantra is "I choose health", somehow that's easier to swallow than "I can't have this or that 'cuz I'm a fat chick on a diet".

taubele 02-06-2012 02:14 AM

Hi everyone!

Sorry for dropping off the radar after Saturday.

So guess what?! My home computer's motherboard decided to FRY ITSELF. :mad:

(Technically, I have two home computers - a desktop which is largely used for work figures/gaming and a wee little netbook which is new and for surfing the internet and such).

The big desktop decided to simply not turn on Sunday morning. It had been working FINE Saturday night, and then Sunday it was like "Hmmm... nope. I'm dead." I hit the power button and nothing. No boot sounds, no nada. It may have as well not been plugged in (but it was). Anyway, after trying everything I could think of to test it at home we took it to Best Buy. Normally we don't trust the Geek Squad, but it was the only place open on Sunday. We actually managed to get someone who knew his business, though, so he tested some of our internal components for us. I don't know how computer savvy everyone here is so I'll spare the technical details, but basically: Power supply: good. Graphics card: Good. RAM: Good. Process of elimination? Motherboard is hosed.

We took it home and took it apart and we were able to see a little distortion on the motherboard, which completely sucks and confirms that the motherboard is R.I.P. The good news is that we can salvage out some of the more expensive parts, like the hard drive (and thus my Windows system), so we'll likely be able to build a new tower for between $200-300. BF knows how to put a computer together (he's done every part except for a motherboard - and he's confident he can do it) so we'll probably go that route, but it still stinks. February, you have been a strange month.

Oddly, though, I'm developing this weird sense of zen. I'm not panicking about anything, I'm just going "Huh... well, that sucks, but we move on." Normally I'd be devastated that my Pats lost the Superbowl, too, but I had five minutes of mourning and just moved on. It's just a game, after all :) So maybe February is teaching me about keeping my calm during life's not-so-good moments. We'll see.

Amy: Read it and weep: EXERCISE TOTAL FOUR HOURS FORTY-SEVEN MINUTES. Boooo-yah! I know you were looking forward to seeing my glorious pit hair, but you're going to have to wait another week. Maybe I should take a photo of me flexing and put it up here!!! Haha!

The only bad news about hitting that goal is that I had some very uncomfortable cramping in my legs for the middle part of the week. Honestly, though, disc golf fixed a lot of that since it's a long time of low-impact walking. I think I need to realize the fact that if I cramp my ankle or legs due to high-impact exercise, I really need to do something low-impact the next day. I tend to just stop and rest it until it feels better, but keeping myself active is the only way my body is ever going to adjust to working out 4x per week, which is my ultimate goal. I know I have physical limitations, but I can work with them, and not let them define me. So I need to remember this - if I am cramping, I need to go for a walk the next day. Just a casual stroll to loosen myself up.

Cassie: Good to see you! Some week just get away from us, but you WILL get yourself in control, you know how to do this girl!!! I'm rooting for you and we're here for you.

I'm up to 161.5 this morning, but I also had nachos and beer during the super bowl >.> and I know I'm dehydrated, I feel it today. SO we will just see what the scale says on Friday! I'm feeling really committed this week, let's get to it!

Weekly Goals

Food/Exercise/Lifestyle Goals:

1) Keep calories between 1200 and 1500 daily. Week average around 1300. No single day over 1600.
2) Exercise at least four times this week
3) Calorie deficit of 5000
4) Protein 25-30% average for the week
5) In bed by 11:30 every night
6) No more than 1 lunch and 1 dinner out
7) At least 64-80 oz. of water daily. More is better.
8) Weigh in on Monday and Friday and report the weight here M: 161.5 (Superbowl, you do bad things to me)

Other Life Goals:

1) Make an effort on my appearance every day
2) Don't sweat the small stuff
3) Send in at least 5 job applications
4) Do something special for BF - he was a saint all this weekend.
5) Write something wonderful that happens every day

Let's hear it for a new week!!!

mhibdon 02-06-2012 02:25 AM

After spending the weekend getting fed by PD's parents, it is back to the drawing board. I'm maintaining and my stomach is getting flatter, but I'm still aiming for that half-marathon in December, so I better get cracking!

I'm focusing more on Weekly goals instead of Daily goals since I can't seem to check in regularly. Sorry guys! In other news, in my frat we have 28 potential new members and the sor that I'm rushing has had 250 girls apply for the 120 slots. This is gonna be intense!

2/6 - 2/12 Goals
1. 21 L Min:
2. Vitamins:
3. 10 Latte Max:
4. 25 Miles:

cjohnson728 02-06-2012 02:33 AM

Good luck with rushing, mhibdon. Crazy times ;). Sound like you're milking that college experience for all it's worth!

Terri, so sorry about your computer. When it rains, it pours, right? Your BF sounds like a man of many talents...computer, cars, writing! I'd say he's a keeper. Congrats on his job; I just caught up on last week's thread, and hang in there on your own opportunity. If Ms. First choice was so stellar as to beat you out for the top slot, she may very well have her first choice anywhere, and it might not be that one. Fingers crossed, and toes, and spleen :p. Waiting is hard; glad you found your zen.

Okay, back to work! The more I get done, the more in control I feel. Carry on.

mhibdon 02-06-2012 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 71894)
Good luck with rushing, mhibdon. Crazy times ;). Sound like you're milking that college experience for all it's worth!

Yup! I'm going to be here a while, might as well make it count! :p

aspikes 02-06-2012 03:00 AM

New week, new start

I'm back my friends, in need of some major motivation...

I've got about 18 pounds to lose, and am starting fresh this week with goals.

Fitness goals:
- >1400 calories daily
- 2 tervis water and 1 soda
- zumba on Thursday
- weights 2 days

Non-fitness goals:
- no nail biting
- work 30 minutes a day in spare room
- get kids sale entry done

RunbikeSki 02-06-2012 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 71878)
LOL, actually I think she was saying "feed me or I'll eat your pj's". I fed her, not that my pj's are anything special, but they're mine and ugly enough that nobody steals them.

Alright Pam, what are your goals for the week? We let you off easy last week, are you buckling down this week or what?

I will probably fall back to the old staples, water, protein, calories etc. Right now I can hardly think straight. For some reason (most likely wacky hormones - post menapausal stuff is still going on) my sleep has been all messed up for a week or more. Really wierd and intense dreams for an hour and a half, then I wake up, stare at the ceiling for a while that fall back to sleep and repeat. I am pretty sure it isn't stress - there isn't anything major going on, just the usual odds and ends at work.

I am trying to decide what to do today. I have to go in, at least for a while, to run a chemical hygiene training session, but other than that nothing pressing. On the other hand I can't really figure out what else I want or need to do. :confused:

Kay_in_PA 02-06-2012 03:37 AM

I'm starting off this week at 150.5 which is down 2.5 lbs from last Monday. I managed make my goal of walking 20 miles (finished the week at 21), but I did not get in two kettlebell work outs, and time seems to be the issue. Unfortunately, time is about to become an even bigger issue since I just started a new class today and the syllabus has me very nervous. This will be my last class, and of course, I put off the class I dread the most until last. So, here is to hoping I have it in me to survive 8 weeks of statistics without any stress-induced binge eating. Anyway, I'm going to dial back on mileage to make sure I get in the kettlebell workouts which are short but intense, and therefore easier to work into my schedule.

My goals:

My goals:
-Keep carbs, fat and protein at 40/30/30.

-Plan and prepare ahead so I don't come home at 5:00 having no idea what I'm doing for dinner. (Which reminds me . . . I have no idea what I'm making for dinner tonight.)

-Get weight below 150.

-Walk 3 times this week.

-Strength train with kettlebells at least 2x

- Avoid panicking or procrastinating both of which will only make whatever is on my plate more difficult to deal with.

01gt4.6 02-06-2012 04:54 AM

I'm in. I weighed in at 180.2. I'll list goals later, I'm at the office fighting the Internet.

fit4luv 02-06-2012 04:56 AM

FitDay Challenge Set-UP - Monday

Completed 10 mi wkend Warrior Challenge -- but was a bit much for me.
Back is better, but I still need to be careful.
I'll comment later -- & will catch up from end of last wk's thread.
--------------------------------------
FIT Day Challenge *~* Shoot 4 the Moon
* FitDay Check-in:

Sun = "Cushion" Day {Respite with Reason} . . . Daily = x6/wk

“You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.” -Wayne Gretzky

<**> MONDAY MISSION: Stick to Food Servings Plan
(Veg/Grains/Meat/Oils -think 5: Fruit 1.5: Dairy - 3 & Extra - 2 or 200 cal)

FIT
FOCUS (3) Faith * Fun * Support
*Audio Bible (10 chapt) ~
**FitDay (Report progress) ~
**Hlth Group Bk Study (Complete Chapt) ~

INTAKE (3) Nutrition daily {In process of re-adjusting Intake}
*1600 Calorie Goal (1800 Cal. Ceiling) ~
**H2O (40 oz) ~
**Vit/Fish Oil ~

TRAIN (3) wkly Tally
**Aerobic (150") ~
**Pedometer (15 mi) ~
*Strength/Tone (Upper x2 & Lower x2 & Core x2) ~

DAY (3) wkly Tally
DAZZLE: *FlyLady Zone (60") ~
ADMINISTRATE: *Paper Trail (20") ~
YARD (Outside) *Maintain (20") ~

Now that I'm more mindful of Veggies, I'm incorporating my plan of eating to reach Caloric Goal. I'm working on Caloric Intake in which I have a specific plan at hand. I'm hoping to watch the Carb-Fat-Protein pie chart become more & more in line!

Also, I'm upping/changing Activity. I'm raising the bar & will each wk work to see how far I can go to meet goals. Most likely these goals will remain the same as I learn to consistently meet the goals. Will readjust as needed.

dar n 02-06-2012 05:08 AM

Amy I also had a good exercise but not so good food weekend I am ready for a great week also. I will be out hiking this morning and already did my walk around the block with Kaya, she cannot hike yet she needs her second shot before she can go into dog populated areas and there are a lot of dogs at the lake. I think your pics will be very motivating especially after you start to see some success.

Pam I had fruit do you think that will keep the bunny happy, lol. I hope your sleep straightens out soon have you ever tried Black cohosh? My naturopath just recommended it to me for my insomnia she says it’s probably a symptom of perimenopause I doubt it though I have had insomnia for years but if it helps I will take it but first I would like to know if it’s worked for anyone else. I hope you find something relaxing to do for the day.:)

Cassie I like the write it on the wall thinking but when I get too busy my note is “I am worth getting it together” and so are you. You and Amy reminded me when I was going through my health scare and not making good food or down time decisions for myself that no matter what is going on I deserve to be taken care of, it was great advice so I will return it to you.:)

Terri Sorry to hear about your computer. Nice job on your exercise!

Mh I never got the chance to be involved in all that fun college stuff as I was a single mom when I was your age and in school so you go and enjoy every minute for us both. I used to be so envious of the other girls who were involved in the whole college experience where as I only got the education part not that I am complaining I was blessed to have the opportunity at all but even just one frat party would have been fun.:D

Ashlie Hi!

Kay Great job on losing 2.5lbs.:D

Mike I hope you win the battle.

Fit4luv Congrats on getting 10miles in!!

I have the same goals maybe I can actually achieve them all this week. The sun is shining so my hike should be really nice, I had a plate of fruit and a protein shake for breakfast so far looking like a healthy start to the week. I hope you all have a great Monday morning.

Goals:
Walk 25k:
Exercise 5 days:
Squats 5 days:
Ab work 5 days:
Calories less than 1400:
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week:
No sugar:

meachan 02-06-2012 05:49 AM

Hi everyone, my name is Mea I'm new here! :) A bit about me: I've slowly gained about 6 pounds since October or so -- my schedule has been pretty hectic leading to a bunch of impulse junk eating, and the winter weather has discouraged my from moving as much as I'd like -- but I'm ready to get back on track! This forum has really inspired me to get myself in gear, I love the energy here and how focused and encouraging everyone is! :)

Normally my weight fluctuates between 135-140, but my current weight as of this morning is 144.2, which means something is out of balance. Here are my goals for the week, to hopefully get me back on track (I started yesterday, so my stats for yesterday are already entered):

1. Under 2000 calories - 1844, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
2. 72oz of plain water only (NO crystal light!) - 75, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
3. NO refined sugar except for 1 Luna Bar a day - Y, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
4. NO fried food - Y, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
5. NO dairy other than nonfat plain yogurt - Y, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
6. Go to the gym at least once a day (400-500 calories), preferably twice a day (800-1000 calories) 900, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
7. Do at least one full set of stretches after the gym - 2, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
8. Take supplements (B12, Calcuim/D/K) - Y, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?

Thanks and I look forward to interacting with everyone this week! :)

cjohnson728 02-06-2012 06:33 AM

Hi Mea, good to meet you. You're off to a fantastic start knocking your goals out!

Luv, great mindset about raising the bar. Ties in nicely with the quote in your signature ;). I love this thread for setting the bar high and being accountable. What is it the addiction groups preach? It only works if you work it? Let's do!!

Darlene, hope you are well. Thanks for shooting the advice back at me; I needed to hear it (be beaten over the head with it...). Your puppy is adorable...love the "chewing" pics posted last week :)

Hi Pam, congrats on your big weekend. Can I say it again, I want to be like you when I grow up?

Mike, see you soon. Hope you and GF had a chance to clear the air.

Kay, stats sounds worse than it is; you'll be fine. I had the same reaction and my prof finally said, "If you can read a cookbook and make a recipe, you can do statistics." Of course, my dad always said that statistics is a class that teaches you how to lie with numbers. Have faith.

Ashlie, glad to see you back. Hope all is well.

jbuschur 02-06-2012 06:39 AM

Goals for the week

Hi everyone! I'm feeling pretty good today and ready for a great week! Here are my goals for the week, the same as before!

1200-1400 cals
80 oz water
Treadmill T-Th-Sat
5000 steps on non TM days
8000 steps on TM days
Weights and Floor Exercises at least 3 times.
Post here every day

Also, the pumpkin flaxseed muffins turned out really well I think, so here is the recipe if anyone is interested.

Pumpkin Flaxseed Muffins

 2 Cups White Whole Wheat or Whole Wheat Flour (I like King Arthur’s or Trader Joe’s)
 1 1/4 cups Oat Flour (I use Arrowhead Mills Oat Flour) or Oat Bran (I use Trader Joe’s)
 2 tsp Baking Soda
 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
 2 tbsp Cinnamon
 2+ tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (we like our pumpkin spicy, so some may like less)
 3/4 cup Flax Seed Meal (I like Bob’s Red Mill)
 1/2 – 1 tsbp Salt
 1 1/2 cups Sugar – white, brown or combo
 2 cups Canned Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
 Approx 1 cup Cinnamon Applesauce (I use 3 individual serving cups of applesauce)
 2/3 cup water
 5 large egg whites
 Walnuts or pecans as desired
First things first, preheat your oven to 350 degress. Making these is super simple – combine all of your dry ingredients in one bowl, and combine your wet ingredients (pumpkin, water, egg whites, applesauce) in another. Than mix them together.
Whichever way you go – grease your muffin pan or muffintop pan, than fill them up! For this recipe I made 12 muffin tops and 18 muffins. I bake the muffin tops at about 12 minutes, and the muffins for about 15. Remove from oven and let cool.

Welcome Mea! I'm sure you'll find a lot of help, advice, and support here, I know I have, it is truly a great bunch here!

Kate, great job on the 2.5, that is awesome!

Mike, hope you win the battle!

Hope to jump back on here later to catch up with everyone else, in the meantime, have a great afternoon!

Julie

Lizards13 02-06-2012 09:00 AM

The human yo yo is here and in for the week, I will be reading if not always posting as i can't keep up especially with the time difference. Obviously I am back up again and I'm not really sure why, as I wasn't THAT bad last week, but then I didn't log faithfully so maybe I was out on my calorie count. Must do better.

Darlene. Know what you mean about Uni, I was a single mum too through my 4 years and when the others were meeting up after class for a drink or to study together I was off home to pick up my kids and do al the things I needed to before the next day.
It was all worth it but OMG it was hard sometimes. So yes I'm with you advising Mh to totally enjoy it.

New bra, new shape. Bosom back in the right place, just like that song " bra lift us up where we belong"

Ok it's bedtime for me, not a bad Monday overall.

ToriD1012 02-06-2012 09:02 AM

I'm in.....

Health/Fitness
1--calories 1300 or less
2--work out 3 times
3--walk at least 3 times
4--lose 3 lbs--starting weight 209.0

That's about all I have for the week.

Kay_in_PA 02-06-2012 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Lizards13 (Post 71929)

New bra, new shape. Bosom back in the right place, just like that song " bra lift us up where we belong"

Too funny! Now I'm going to have that rolling around in my head all evening...

Cassie, I hate to admit it, but the biggest obstacle to me accomplishing anything is usually my attitude. Once I adjust my attitude and focus on taking it one assignment at a time, I'm sure I will feel less overwhelmed. If nothing else, 8 weeks goes by pretty dang fast.

01gt4.6 02-06-2012 09:47 AM

I finally won the battle (this time) with the computer/internet. Now I'm super busy and haven't had time to eat. Not good. :(

I set some new Custom Nutrition Goals and I guess that'll be one of the things I shoot for this week.

Health and Fitness

1. Cals 1800-2100
2. Fat 60-70g
3. Carbs 180-210g
4. Fiber 25-40g
5. Protein 135-157.5
This works out to 40/30/30. I'll give myself a 5% swing b/c it will be nearly impossible to get it to the number.
6. Post log food EVERY DAY
7. Bench press 260#
8. gallon of water a day
9. 4 serving of fruit/veggies

Other
10. Write 3 policies

01gt4.6 02-06-2012 12:28 PM

Starting off on the wrong foot...

Well with all the computer issues I had today, I am just getting home. All I had to eat while at work all day was snacks (a serving of almonds, and orange and a cheese stick). Needless to say I was hungry when I just walked in so I make me a PB&J sammich. I am way under on my calories and I know my pie chart probably looks like it's been run over. :( I hope I can finish today the right way. I'm beat and tired so today's going to be my "rest day"... what's left of it.

Who am I kidding.... I'm the only one in the ghost town. Where is everyone??

jbuschur 02-06-2012 12:39 PM

Sorry you had such a rough day Mike, it's so easy to eat the wrong things when you come home starving like that. Take a break after your pb&j before you go looking for something else so you don't make impulsive choices, I speak from experience! :) Hope tomorrow is a much better day for you!

Julie

01gt4.6 02-06-2012 12:44 PM

Thanks Julie. I'm not sweating the PB&J, I eat them daily. I jut hate going the work day without food.

Kay_in_PA 02-06-2012 01:02 PM

I'm with you Mike. I don't do well going all day without eating. I came home tonight and was hungry, but I also needed to go to the grocery store so my quick and easy options were limited. I managed, but I have to get organized so it doesn't happen so often. I did manage to get in some kettlebells this evening though.

Mern 02-06-2012 01:14 PM

Amy, thanks to you and bunny for starting us up.

Pam, yeah, bunnies are smart to tell us to eat our veggies. I hope you get your post menopausal stuff ironed out quickly. Are you having any caffeine before bed--that caused me some post menopausal sleep disturbances until I got decaffeintated. Chemical hygiene? As in keeping test chemicals off oneself or what?

Cassie I did have a good weekend and hope you did, too. I was busy all day today doing our taxes and dealing with some other family and household responsibilites--and I'm reserving the right to say I had a good excuse for not logging on until now. :p Golly, a decent amount of sleep really is a necessity--we women are so bad at being martyrs for our families--and if we do that, we pay the price as you did for the past two week's "non-me" behavior. LOL on the "I will get it together." It's committed to your memory since you posted it here, so you can put your pencil down. Big hug to ya! I got a good chuckle out of you crossing your spleen for Terri. LOL

Mea, welcome! Your goals look great to get off those six pounds. You sound really committed to working hard. :)

Terri, so sorry 'bout your motherboard woes! Glad you mentioned it, though, because I just worked up a spreadsheet today and didn't think to burn it onto a CD. Would hate to have to do that all over again! Wow, good for you for putting your priorities in order and doing the "...well that sucks" and then moving on. WOW, CONGRATS ON ALL YOUR EXERCISE!!! I didn't think you'd have to grow and show pit hair for us. LOL Neat that the disc golf helped--I never would have thought about the low impact helping, but now that you mentioned it, walking is what gets my back feeling better when it's acting up. Nachos and beer are worth the little "uppage" for the Super Bowl, girl. :)

mh, best wishes on all your college stuff.

Tori, hi!

Mike, glad you won over the computer. I didn't have time to eat today, either--no cheats, low calories, but unbalanced. I'll set my goals tomorrow for Tuesday through Sunday.

Julie, great that your pumpkin flaxmeal muffins turned out great. I also use Bob's Red Mill brand. Lizzie might like to try that, too. :)

Lizzie, did you see Julie's recipe for her pumpkin flaxmeal muffins? I've got one, but mine are surely heavier because I can't have the flour or applesauce due to blood sugar issues, but it really does look like a great recipe! Loved your bra song. LOL!

Darlene, fruit and a protein shake is a wonderful breakfast! Did you enjoy your hike in the sunshine?

Ashlie, welcome back and best wishes on shucking those 18 lbs. Oh, the nail-biting...I absent-mindedly gnawed a pinky and a thumb today while problem solving.

Kay, congrats on being down 2.5 lbs. and on the miles you accomplished. Best wishes with your last course.

Luv, wow! Impressive 10 miles on the weekend! You're right up there with Tori, Pam, and Mike! Also glad your back is better! Best wishes on this week's goal tweaking. More veggies getting in on a regular basis is good! Congrats on that, too.

My apologies to the others I know I missed but my mind is tired and I can't think of who all deserves the mileage kudos.

cjohnson728 02-06-2012 01:24 PM

I am posting now for a couple reasons. First, to make sure I go exercise (I'm dangerously close to saying skip it) and second, because this is such a danger snacking time for me. So by the time I log back on, I want to be able to say I was successful in both.

So far I dodged a big bullet today...I can't remember the last time we had fried chicken...I think the last time I made it was in our old house, and that was over 8 years ago. However, my son loves it and today was a really big day for him, so that's what he had. I had leftover pasta with shrimp marinara sauce, but, wow, the chicken smelled so good!

There are leftovers in the fridge, but I think I'm good for tonight. I think.

wildbeanerz 02-06-2012 01:44 PM

I need goals this week. Last week was like a train wreck. Ugh!

Health / Fitness
1. 100oz water daily
2. Limit one diet soda daily
3. No salt added to plate
4. Walk on lunch unless raining or working through it
5. Exercise 3 times during Weds-Sun
6. 500 calorie daily deficit (3500 for the week)

Life Goals...
1. Take things one day at a time

I think that will do it for now. I haven't been very good at logging lately (for months actually) but I will have to log if I want to see my deficit. Hopefully I will meet that goal.

almeeker 02-06-2012 01:56 PM

Monday Check-in

Health & Fitness:

1. Calories 1,400 week days, 1,600 weekends. 1,357
2. 100 oz water. Y
3. 7 hours exercise. 50 min
4. Calorie deficit 5,000. -774
5. Protein 25% or higher. 27%
6. Log & report everyday. Y
7. Last Monday 165.8. Post weight: 164

Other stuff:

1. Finish 1 rabbit cage, cut pieces for 3 more. N
2. Finish my little part of the taxes. N
3. Housework 45 min daily +1 load of laundry. YY
4. Write calendar for G.S. N
5. Distribute 4-H calendar. N
6. Cut out pieces for Betsy Ross costume. N
7. Write and send out Valentines. N
8. Write down the most wonderful thing that happened. This is going to sound strange, but the most wonderful thing that happened today is that our youngest was the only one to have a case of head lice. Everybody else in this house is louse-free. Ugh, this motherhood business is not for the faint of heart.

I'm exhausted, today went well enough health-wise, although not so well with my other goals. I ended up not being able to meet up with my workout partner this afternoon, because the youngest suddenly started itching her head with both hands saying, "argh my head is soooo itchy". I know this scratch, seen it before, so I immediately got a comb out and did a search, low and behold she's got a very mild case of HEAD LICE!!! I didn't see any live ones, just a small handful of nits, but still YUCK. So we raced off to get the shampoo, and I went into "don't share this, don't borrow that" mode. Took about an hour to get the treatment done and a full out bug seek and destroy mission completed. I was sort of freaking out because when one member of the fam has it, well a louse can jump 4'-0", and we've all been home all weekend together, do the math. Right? Wrong, I went over everybody's head after school, hair by hair and the youngest is the only one carrying extra riders. Amen. We did get a pretty good laugh over the things I did find, glitter, red paint, white paint, freckles, pink fuzzies, green fuzzies, what appeared to be dried yogurt and a mild case of cradle cap.

I hate Kindergarten. Okay, I don't hate it, but it's often a trial I don't deserve. On top of that I got a nasty note from the Kindergarten teacher saying that I owed snack dues. Which is bunk, I paid all of my snack dues the first week of school, I actually overpaid because she couldn't make change. But I'm getting even, cause tomorrow she's going to have to give all the kids a head check and send home the note saying there's been a case in the classroom. That'll teach her to send me a nasty note HA.

I have to turn in, I'm nearly snoring on the keyboard.

ToriD1012 02-06-2012 02:16 PM

Health/Fitness
1--calories 1300 or less--sitting at 952 but getting ready to eat supper
2--work out 3 times--day off
3--walk at least 3 times--day off
4--lose 3 lbs--starting weight 209.0

Amy--I'm hanging. That's about it right now. Thanks

I haven't made great food choices today. Breakfast and lunch were both WAY over what I'd normally eat, but it was a rare day. I didn't sleep much last night because of not being in my bed or having Jas with me. That and knowing that today would be rough. I think I finally fell asleep at 3 and CN had to be up by 5. Check that, he didn't HAVE to be up that early, but he wanted to and was. Five a.m. is hard for me on a normal day much less on a day where I didn't sleep the night before. He was scheduled to leave at 10 this morning, but it got pushed up to 8, so that threw us off too. We wound up having to hit a drive thru for breakfast, something I haven't done in 4 months! After we said our goodbyes (which were probably the hardest I've been through in all my years) I went back and got my stuff together and came home. I took the long way home, just cause I could, and got back here around 12. I hit another drive thru for lunch, but couldn't actually tell you about the food. I ate it in such a hurry that I'm not sure if I even tasted it. When I finally did get home all I wanted to do was sleep. I've cried pretty much all day, when I wasn't sleeping that is. I'd cry myself to sleep, wake up 30 minutes later, and still be crying. It looks like Basket Case won out over Bottled Up. Poor Jasmine has been so confused. She just kept curling up on my chest, purrer going full blast. She's not a lap cat, so the only thing I can figure is she knew that I was upset and was trying to comfort me. I haven't cried since around 5:30, so I think the waterworks are done. I could be wrong though. Tomorrow I'm pulling up my Big Girl Panties and faking that everything is okay. Maybe if I fake it for enough days I'll even fool myself into thinking I'm alright.

Will check back in tomorrow. Night all

cjohnson728 02-06-2012 02:49 PM

Tori, I'm sorry. ((((Hugs to you)))). Thanks to CN, and to you, for the service he does.

And yes, cats know what you need.

RunbikeSki 02-06-2012 03:03 PM

Tori {{{{{hugs}}}}}.

I really can't imagine what you are going through, but be good to yourself. Tomorrow is a new day and the days after will be new as well.

ToriD1012 02-06-2012 03:44 PM

Thanks y'all. I really will be okay. I've done this before and after a day or two I'll start to feel like me again.

So, to take my mind off things I was thinking about what I could do for myself when I reach goal. And I'm thinking that I really want another tattoo. Something pretty and girly that will mesh well with my current ones. I think dragonflies are really pretty, and it is something that I could incorporate with the flower I already have. I was researching the symbolism and found that in some cultures they represent a change or metamorphosis. Which would be perfect. Now I just have to find a design that I like......

dar n 02-06-2012 03:45 PM

Lizzie Lol, but I do like new lingerie it would make me sing also.:)

Mike Glad to hear you won the computer battle sorry you had a bad food day.

Mern My walk was awesome I also got some work done in the backyard and the deck swept off since Kaya the chewer puts everything and I am not exaggerating in to her mouth for a good chew the good news is she seems to like to bring us most of the things she’s chewing on. My food day started well but I have been starving all day so I ate a lot of carbs but my calories are still in line but barely.

Cassie Great job on skipping the chicken and making yourself exercise in fact I will go do my squats and abs as soon as I post this.:)

Amy Sorry to hear you have lice but I understand your happiness over just one my dd had long hair to her bottom in grade 2 when she got lice and it took 4 hours and half a bottle of baileys(for mom) to get it all picked out as I was not going to cut her beautiful hair, luckily it was her only time getting it. Son had it twice but much easier to deal with hubby took the razor and poof no more lice and the hair grew back in a couple weeks. Lol at all the other finds in the kids hair your girls must have curls.:)

Tori Big hugs to you, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Got to go do my exercise since I told Cassie I would be back soon with actuals for today.:)

cjohnson728 02-06-2012 03:47 PM

Checking in so I can get to bed and meet that goal :o.

1. Keep calories at 1300. 1259
2. Follow my pie chart / fiber guidelines. Yes
3. 2 sports bottles of water. Yes
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
5. Sleep 7 hours, at least. Not last night,
6. Exercise 6 times. One
7. Check into FD 3 times daily and log everything. Yes

8. Get info and order new faucets for MBR.
9. Change doc appts. Done
10. Card for pediatrician.

Well, today ended up being a pretty good day. I was reasonably productive, took some time for myself, ate well, and got exercise in. I got a little behind on my planned report schedule, but I can hopefully get caught up over the course of the week. Seriously, 85 of my calories were from vitamin C and cough drops; oh, and fish oil...we're all on the verge of getting sick and trying everything to stave it off.

I had some (what I hope is) great news today. My 5' 1" freshman made the varsity tennis team :D. I am so proud of him; he's really worked hard for this for a long, long time. Can't say I don't have some misgivings, but it will be an object lesson for me in learning to let them go ;).

Hope you all have a good night!

01gt4.6 02-06-2012 04:18 PM

Health and Fitness

1. Cals 1800-2100-- 1497
2. Fat 60-70g-- 60.5
3. Carbs 180-210g-- 121.3
4. Fiber 25-40g-- 18.5
5. Protein 135-157.5-- 127.9
This works out to 40/30/30. I'll give myself a 5% swing (for the week) b/c it will be nearly impossible to get it to the number.
6. Post log food EVERY DAY-- yes
7. Bench press 260#-- day off
8. gallon of water a day-- yes
9. 4 serving of fruit/veggies-- 2

Other
10. Write 3 policies-- 0

dar n 02-06-2012 04:23 PM

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=7.1k
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike
Squats 5 days: M=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1379
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-753
No sugar: M=N

mhibdon 02-07-2012 12:25 AM

2/6 - 2/12 Goals
1. 21 L Min: 1.5
2. Vitamins: No
3. 14 Espresso Shot MAX: 4
4. 25 Miles: 2.3

Armadillo Week is happening at the worst possible time. Have a presentation today and an interview and huge test tomorrow. No me gusta.

On the positive side, after not seriously working out for a few days, my walk last night felt restorative. Like I had all the energy ever and my muscles could go and go and go. It was a much appreciated feeling after months of sleep deprivation and too tight muscles. :D

wildbeanerz 02-07-2012 12:46 AM

Health / Fitness
1. 100oz water daily M: Yes,
2. Limit one diet soda daily M: Yes,
3. No salt added to plate M: Yes,
4. Walk on lunch unless raining or working through it M: 35 min - 1-3/4miles,
5. Exercise 3 times during Weds-Sun
6. 500 calorie daily deficit (3500 for the week) M: -1156, Week's Deficit -1156

Life Goals...
1. Take things one day at a time M: so far so good,

Good day yesterday. I'm not posting my weights this week because I was up about 5-6 lbs yesterday between TOTM last week and eating lots of stuff that I shouldn't have for the past few days. I am recording it but don't want to see it in all my posts this week. I will own whatever my scale says next Monday and get back to that goal then. I did buy a new battery for her and she is back to telling me more sensible answers. :)

Weather looks good for a nice walk on lunch again today. I hope to get my 2 miles in today. I cut it one lap short yesterday so only 1-3/4 miles yesterday. As the weather gets nicer I will start going on a road walk on lunch again. That course is 1.8 miles but is a very steep grade uphill and then back down for about 1/3 of it so last summer it was taking me about 40 minutes. I'd like to do it faster this year though.

My life problem ... In case you don't want to read it here it is in white .....I think I am finally ready to discuss what has been going on. Please feel free to offer advice if you like, I won't be offended. ... Brief history...my 13 yr old son has ODD (oppositional defiance disorder). He has always been a challenge. However starting in about November he started getting into trouble almost daily at school. Getting in school and out of school suspensions. The last one caused him to be referred to an adolescent day program for troubled youth instead of school. That weekend he was very argumentative at home and ended up in such an uncontrollable situation that he wanted to kill himself, me, and anyone else he could spout of their names. I was home alone with the boys since it was my hubby's work weekend so I called 911 and had the police come. They took him to our hospital's crisis center and he ended up being admitted to an inpatient facility for 10days. He seemed a lot better once we got him home but that only lasted about a week until he got back into the stress of daily life. Then the outbursts started to get more and more frequent. He even started getting physical during them now. He curses, hits, scratches, bites, kicks, spits, etc. We have been doing weekly family therapy sessions with him since the end of November except when he was inpatient and the week of Christmas. He also is attending a partial hospitalization program for schooling and intensive therapy on weekdays. However, on January 27th he decided to walk out of there and runaway. He called the police on himself and they picked him up and took him to the crisis center again because he was making self harm threats. We had him evaluated and they had to draw blood to test for drugs due to his erratic behavior. It took no less than 8 people to hold him down to get his blood. He then was restrained to his bed and given a shot to calm him down. Since that day he has been at a different inpatiend facility. He has been having a very rough time there. He has had to have shots of thorazine (sp?) at least twice to calm him and been restrained at least twice. He also has delusions where he says that the reason he didn't want his blood drawn was because we were going to clone him and then kill him because he did bad stuff. About two days before he went inpatient he starting cutting himself on his hands with his fingernails. Just scratching himself. The past two nights he is also having hallucinations. He sees his 'clones' and they can talk to him in his mind. I am very sad and scared for what is happening to my son. The doctor is very nice and he calls me a few times a week. He is a little at a loss because he says each session with my son he has to start over because he is very guarded about what he will talk about with the doctor. He is located 1-1/2 hours away from home. We get to talk to him about 15 mins a night on the phone unless he gets mad and hangs up on us. And there are 4 visitation times. We are actually planning on going tonight. We went Saturday though and it was horrible. He wouldn't look at us. Didn't want to talk, etc. We have to go tonight though because my hubby has to work this weeekend so we can't go then. Sorry this is so long. I just had to finally get it out there.