Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12

Old 02-10-2012, 08:00 AM
FitDay Member

I always feel more girly in a skirt and my hubby likes to see a little leg on ladies so my vote is skirt but without seeing it my advice goes back to what makes you feel good.

By the way you look amazing compared to the first pic I seen of you its truly awesome Your hard work is showing in this picture and you should be strutting your stuff tonight people who seen you last year will be doing a double take.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:15 AM
FitDay Member

Rant about temptation.
I am suffering from fitday advertising frustration the last couple days. Yesterday I was being tempted by tim hortons lattes for my u.s. friends tim hortons is a donut store in disguise as a coffee shop a small flavored latte is 190 calories and then you are tempted by donuts and coldstone creamery icecream not really a healthy place to be encouraged to visit. Today I have a side screen of thin pretty women asking if I am single and making me feel fat(ok this is my issue not theirs but still)? I get we need advertising and I have no objections to diet and exercise ads or even healthy food ads but Timmy's no thanks.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:18 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Thursday's Goals

Hi everyone,

Pretty good day today, no food worries today, I may be able to add a little "splishy splashy" too! My focus today has been on getting as many steps in as possible and still get some work done. Every half hour I've been getting up and walking thru the office including running up the stairs and walking around up there. I'm getting some weird looks but we'll see if it helps at the end of the day. Here's yesterday,

1200-1400 cals M-1279 T-1299,1324, 1359
80 oz water M-64 oz T-80 oz W- 80 oz Th- 80 oz
Treadmill T-Th-Sat T-Yes, Th-Yes
5000 steps on non TM days 3479, 3547
8000 steps on TM days 4985, 5894
Weights and Floor Exercises at least 3 times. No, No,Yes,No
Post here every day Yes, YesYes, Yes

Kay- Hope today is even better for you!

Quinn- Hope all is well with you and your Mom

Cassie- 7 boxes! You sound like me with the coupons and bogo! Glad your mammo is out of the way, I’ve had good and bad too, but with my Mom having had breast cancer it is definitely a necessity.

Terri- Congrats on BF’s job, enjoy your evening, you are doing great!

Mea- Hope today has been a good day for you!

Tori- So glad you heard from him, even if it wasn’t technically him hitting send, he wrote it and left instructions, what a sweetie! Hope that soon he is able to write himself. I’d love to have that pot pie recipe if you have time!

Darlene- Sounds like you had a good day, hope you woke up not as hungry!

Lizzie- Enjoy your splishy splashy, I think I might make room for some myself today!

April- You are doing all the right things for your son, I know how hard it is but he is where he needs to be for the time being. Enjoy your special dinner, you deserve a little break! Darlene and Lizzie are right, what matters is that you are comfortable in it so you can enjoy your dinner. And no, you don’t look like a cow and it’s not too low cut. I think it’s very pretty.

Mike- Congrats on the policy! Hope everything else is going well

Mern- You did the right thing with your granddaughter, she will learn to have her hw this way. The teacher was wrong to allow the kids to even ask for the papers to be brought in.

Luv- Way to be accountable, now you have to do the strength training, good job!

Have a great evening everyone!

Julie
Old 02-10-2012, 08:36 AM
FitDay Member

Julie Your plan to add extra steps while doing normal life activities is a smart one you will see results in no time. My dd teases me because I always park as far away from the mall or dr's office to get those extra few steps in.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dar n
Lizzie I would love to sell some of mine hmm maybe Cassie would like some.
My second *snort* of the day .

In the winter, I would love to take you up on it, with sweaters, turtlenecks, etc., but in summer, I admit to loving being able to wear the tank tops with the shelf bra and not need anything else, and it's a lot cooler to wear those strappy exercise tops, too. So I take the good with the bad!

April, I think the top is very pretty and feminine; I'm glad you got it. I can't tell from the photo, but could you put a camisole under it for work or other uses?

Julie, how many more months is work crazy? 'Bout 2??? Hang in there!
Old 02-10-2012, 08:53 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie halter tops, tube tops, strapless dresses,off the shoulder shirts, backless shirts all just a fantasy for me I am a 34 g so clothes shopping is a challenge dresses, bra's and bathing suits especially I am a extra large top and medium bottom. It always surprises me that people would choose to alter their body just to put up with some of the challenges of being very busty.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

Argh, I just loaded everything in and today is not looking good calorie-wise. My friend chose Mexican and I went with my usual. They do a burrito that has 4-5 oz. of breast meat chicken and they sprinkle the cheese on the lettuce on top, so it's easy to scrape the cheese off, and the sauce is salsa-y and spicy, not greasy. Still, between the chicken, cheese, tortilla, and (ahem), the chips (one serving, I swear), it's still more calories than I like at lunch. And then there was a honey-roasted peanut incident when I got home. It could have been worse; I stopped at a serving and a half, but still, it all adds up. I'm planning on a light dinner, hopefully minimal snacking, and a double on exercise tonight. Gotta post it, cause this is the exact set of circumstances that makes me say, oh, heck, and then proceed to eat everything.

Oh, and there's a commercial for a show called My 600 Pound Life. As they say here in the south, God bless 'em.

If I don't get back on here tonight, somebody please come find me and dig me out of the pantry!

It's Weekend Warrior time!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 02-10-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Oh, and there's a commercial for a show called My 600 Pound Life. As they say here in the south, God bless 'em.
nononononononono, it's not God bless 'em. It's just Bless 'Em! or Bless It!!!
Old 02-10-2012, 10:13 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, I knew it was too good to be true!! I was reworking my pot pie numbers, and yea there was a data entry error. So yesterday sits at 1674 calories, not 970. (feel better Amy?) I was tired, and didn't feel like going back over the numbers last night, looks like I should have. So that puts me UP in calories yesterday. Good thing I hadn't planned on doing much eatin' tonight

Pot pie recipe for those who want it......with some color commentary

So, I know that I CAN do everything from scratch, but really I'm lazy and take the semi-homemade route.

Ingredients:
8 oz cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces
1 large can Veg-All mixed veggies, drained (or you can do frozen)
2 cans 98% FF Cream of Chicken Soup
8 oz FF Sour Cream
2 frozen deep dish pie shells (this is where I really should make from scratch, but eeehhhhhh)

Directions:
1-preheat oven to 400*
2-take pie shells out of plastic wrapper to thaw , turn one upside down on the wax paper divider. leave the other one right side up
3-mix soup, sour cream, veggies and chicken in bowl
4-pour all of soup mixture into right side up pie shell (once thawed, takes maybe 5 minutes). it will mound up over the top of the shell, don't worry about it!
5-take upside down shell and place over top of filled shell (it'll cave in a bit, but who cares? it's not to look pretty, it's to EAT!)
6-throw in preheated oven, bake for 25-30 minutes. I normally poke a few holes in top crust after 10 minutes to let steam escape. Soup mixture will bubble through the holes and pie crust will be nice and golden when done.
7-let rest for 5 minutes (if you can wait that long!)
8-eat up and say NNNUUUMMMMYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Last edited by ToriD1012; 02-10-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
nononononononono, it's not God bless 'em. It's just Bless 'Em! or Bless It!!!
Ooh, sorry; is my transplanted-ness showing??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.