Old 02-06-2012, 02:16 PM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness
1--calories 1300 or less--sitting at 952 but getting ready to eat supper
2--work out 3 times--day off
3--walk at least 3 times--day off
4--lose 3 lbs--starting weight 209.0

Amy--I'm hanging. That's about it right now. Thanks

I haven't made great food choices today. Breakfast and lunch were both WAY over what I'd normally eat, but it was a rare day. I didn't sleep much last night because of not being in my bed or having Jas with me. That and knowing that today would be rough. I think I finally fell asleep at 3 and CN had to be up by 5. Check that, he didn't HAVE to be up that early, but he wanted to and was. Five a.m. is hard for me on a normal day much less on a day where I didn't sleep the night before. He was scheduled to leave at 10 this morning, but it got pushed up to 8, so that threw us off too. We wound up having to hit a drive thru for breakfast, something I haven't done in 4 months! After we said our goodbyes (which were probably the hardest I've been through in all my years) I went back and got my stuff together and came home. I took the long way home, just cause I could, and got back here around 12. I hit another drive thru for lunch, but couldn't actually tell you about the food. I ate it in such a hurry that I'm not sure if I even tasted it. When I finally did get home all I wanted to do was sleep. I've cried pretty much all day, when I wasn't sleeping that is. I'd cry myself to sleep, wake up 30 minutes later, and still be crying. It looks like Basket Case won out over Bottled Up. Poor Jasmine has been so confused. She just kept curling up on my chest, purrer going full blast. She's not a lap cat, so the only thing I can figure is she knew that I was upset and was trying to comfort me. I haven't cried since around 5:30, so I think the waterworks are done. I could be wrong though. Tomorrow I'm pulling up my Big Girl Panties and faking that everything is okay. Maybe if I fake it for enough days I'll even fool myself into thinking I'm alright.

Will check back in tomorrow. Night all
Old 02-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

Tori, I'm sorry. ((((Hugs to you)))). Thanks to CN, and to you, for the service he does.

And yes, cats know what you need.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 02-06-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:03 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Tori {{{{{hugs}}}}}.

I really can't imagine what you are going through, but be good to yourself. Tomorrow is a new day and the days after will be new as well.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:44 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks y'all. I really will be okay. I've done this before and after a day or two I'll start to feel like me again.

So, to take my mind off things I was thinking about what I could do for myself when I reach goal. And I'm thinking that I really want another tattoo. Something pretty and girly that will mesh well with my current ones. I think dragonflies are really pretty, and it is something that I could incorporate with the flower I already have. I was researching the symbolism and found that in some cultures they represent a change or metamorphosis. Which would be perfect. Now I just have to find a design that I like......
Old 02-06-2012, 03:45 PM
FitDay Member

Lizzie Lol, but I do like new lingerie it would make me sing also.

Mike Glad to hear you won the computer battle sorry you had a bad food day.

Mern My walk was awesome I also got some work done in the backyard and the deck swept off since Kaya the chewer puts everything and I am not exaggerating in to her mouth for a good chew the good news is she seems to like to bring us most of the things she’s chewing on. My food day started well but I have been starving all day so I ate a lot of carbs but my calories are still in line but barely.

Cassie Great job on skipping the chicken and making yourself exercise in fact I will go do my squats and abs as soon as I post this.

Amy Sorry to hear you have lice but I understand your happiness over just one my dd had long hair to her bottom in grade 2 when she got lice and it took 4 hours and half a bottle of baileys(for mom) to get it all picked out as I was not going to cut her beautiful hair, luckily it was her only time getting it. Son had it twice but much easier to deal with hubby took the razor and poof no more lice and the hair grew back in a couple weeks. Lol at all the other finds in the kids hair your girls must have curls.

Tori Big hugs to you, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Got to go do my exercise since I told Cassie I would be back soon with actuals for today.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Checking in so I can get to bed and meet that goal .

1. Keep calories at 1300. 1259
2. Follow my pie chart / fiber guidelines. Yes
3. 2 sports bottles of water. Yes
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
5. Sleep 7 hours, at least. Not last night,
6. Exercise 6 times. One
7. Check into FD 3 times daily and log everything. Yes

8. Get info and order new faucets for MBR.
9. Change doc appts. Done
10. Card for pediatrician.

Well, today ended up being a pretty good day. I was reasonably productive, took some time for myself, ate well, and got exercise in. I got a little behind on my planned report schedule, but I can hopefully get caught up over the course of the week. Seriously, 85 of my calories were from vitamin C and cough drops; oh, and fish oil...we're all on the verge of getting sick and trying everything to stave it off.

I had some (what I hope is) great news today. My 5' 1" freshman made the varsity tennis team . I am so proud of him; he's really worked hard for this for a long, long time. Can't say I don't have some misgivings, but it will be an object lesson for me in learning to let them go .

Hope you all have a good night!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 02-06-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Health and Fitness

1. Cals 1800-2100-- 1497
2. Fat 60-70g-- 60.5
3. Carbs 180-210g-- 121.3
4. Fiber 25-40g-- 18.5
5. Protein 135-157.5-- 127.9
This works out to 40/30/30. I'll give myself a 5% swing (for the week) b/c it will be nearly impossible to get it to the number.
6. Post log food EVERY DAY-- yes
7. Bench press 260#-- day off
8. gallon of water a day-- yes
9. 4 serving of fruit/veggies-- 2

Other
10. Write 3 policies-- 0
Old 02-06-2012, 04:23 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=7.1k
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike
Squats 5 days: M=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1379
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-753
No sugar: M=N
Old 02-07-2012, 12:25 AM
FitDay Member

2/6 - 2/12 Goals
1. 21 L Min: 1.5
2. Vitamins: No
3. 14 Espresso Shot MAX: 4
4. 25 Miles: 2.3

Armadillo Week is happening at the worst possible time. Have a presentation today and an interview and huge test tomorrow. No me gusta.

On the positive side, after not seriously working out for a few days, my walk last night felt restorative. Like I had all the energy ever and my muscles could go and go and go. It was a much appreciated feeling after months of sleep deprivation and too tight muscles.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:46 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness
1. 100oz water daily M: Yes,
2. Limit one diet soda daily M: Yes,
3. No salt added to plate M: Yes,
4. Walk on lunch unless raining or working through it M: 35 min - 1-3/4miles,
5. Exercise 3 times during Weds-Sun
6. 500 calorie daily deficit (3500 for the week) M: -1156, Week's Deficit -1156

Life Goals...
1. Take things one day at a time M: so far so good,

Good day yesterday. I'm not posting my weights this week because I was up about 5-6 lbs yesterday between TOTM last week and eating lots of stuff that I shouldn't have for the past few days. I am recording it but don't want to see it in all my posts this week. I will own whatever my scale says next Monday and get back to that goal then. I did buy a new battery for her and she is back to telling me more sensible answers.

Weather looks good for a nice walk on lunch again today. I hope to get my 2 miles in today. I cut it one lap short yesterday so only 1-3/4 miles yesterday. As the weather gets nicer I will start going on a road walk on lunch again. That course is 1.8 miles but is a very steep grade uphill and then back down for about 1/3 of it so last summer it was taking me about 40 minutes. I'd like to do it faster this year though.

My life problem ... In case you don't want to read it here it is in white .....I think I am finally ready to discuss what has been going on. Please feel free to offer advice if you like, I won't be offended. ... Brief history...my 13 yr old son has ODD (oppositional defiance disorder). He has always been a challenge. However starting in about November he started getting into trouble almost daily at school. Getting in school and out of school suspensions. The last one caused him to be referred to an adolescent day program for troubled youth instead of school. That weekend he was very argumentative at home and ended up in such an uncontrollable situation that he wanted to kill himself, me, and anyone else he could spout of their names. I was home alone with the boys since it was my hubby's work weekend so I called 911 and had the police come. They took him to our hospital's crisis center and he ended up being admitted to an inpatient facility for 10days. He seemed a lot better once we got him home but that only lasted about a week until he got back into the stress of daily life. Then the outbursts started to get more and more frequent. He even started getting physical during them now. He curses, hits, scratches, bites, kicks, spits, etc. We have been doing weekly family therapy sessions with him since the end of November except when he was inpatient and the week of Christmas. He also is attending a partial hospitalization program for schooling and intensive therapy on weekdays. However, on January 27th he decided to walk out of there and runaway. He called the police on himself and they picked him up and took him to the crisis center again because he was making self harm threats. We had him evaluated and they had to draw blood to test for drugs due to his erratic behavior. It took no less than 8 people to hold him down to get his blood. He then was restrained to his bed and given a shot to calm him down. Since that day he has been at a different inpatiend facility. He has been having a very rough time there. He has had to have shots of thorazine (sp?) at least twice to calm him and been restrained at least twice. He also has delusions where he says that the reason he didn't want his blood drawn was because we were going to clone him and then kill him because he did bad stuff. About two days before he went inpatient he starting cutting himself on his hands with his fingernails. Just scratching himself. The past two nights he is also having hallucinations. He sees his 'clones' and they can talk to him in his mind. I am very sad and scared for what is happening to my son. The doctor is very nice and he calls me a few times a week. He is a little at a loss because he says each session with my son he has to start over because he is very guarded about what he will talk about with the doctor. He is located 1-1/2 hours away from home. We get to talk to him about 15 mins a night on the phone unless he gets mad and hangs up on us. And there are 4 visitation times. We are actually planning on going tonight. We went Saturday though and it was horrible. He wouldn't look at us. Didn't want to talk, etc. We have to go tonight though because my hubby has to work this weeekend so we can't go then. Sorry this is so long. I just had to finally get it out there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.