Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12

Old 02-09-2012, 04:00 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow Chat & Check-in

Mea ~ You're doing great! I also love this forum. It really helps me to keep going everyday. I encourage you to keep posting.

Originally Posted by Lizards13
Luv. Been meaning to say how well you are doing and I admire your focus on getting fit and healthy cos that's what it should be all about.
Awwwww. ... thanks. You make me blush.

Originally Posted by Mern
Luv, I see you're still working hard on your goals.
Thanks. It just time to get to 210 and under. I've been swimming around way too much in the same few pounds. So .. refocus . ...

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Yesterday was better than terrible - I count that as a win.
Awww ... Joanna. You sound like you have a positive attitude.

Originally Posted by Kay_in_PA
Checking in, I did a practice session with kettlebells tonight. I need to get a lighter bell for windmills. I was okay on the right side, but my left side was a different story. Swings are getting easier though, so I might move up to a heavier bell there. Should have done dead lifts, but didn't.
Just saw kettlebells in the store last night. They look like quite interesting --I'm definitely keeping them in mind for a change in pace sometime down the road. I think I'll always associate kettlebells with Kay on FitDay.

“You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.” -Wayne Gretzky

* THURS MISSION: Complete 1/2 Chapt of Hlth Group Study by 3:00pm -->
Group Study completed before Class, but not by 3:00pm.

FIT
FOCUS (3) Mind & Heart
*Audio Bible (10 chapt) ~
**FitDay (Check-In daily) ~ Yes x4
**Hlth Group Bk Study (Complete Chapt) ~ Done

INTAKE (3) Nutrition daily
*1600 Calorie ~ AT or BELOW x3 ::::: Lost Track x1
**H2O (40 oz) ~ Yes x2 ::::: No x2
**Vit/Fish Oil ~ Yes x3 ::::: No x1

TRAIN (3) Movement wkly
**Aerobic (150") ~ 60"
**Pedometer (15 mi) ~ 9 mi
*Strengthening x5 ~ x2

DAY (3) Life wkly
DAZZLE: *Zone Focus (60") ~10"
ADMINISTRATE: *Paper Trail (20") ~
YARD (Outside) *Maintain (20") ~

Last edited by fit4luv; 02-09-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:07 PM
FitDay Member

almeeker ~ Yahooo for your dd and for you!!! I love it when the healthy choices sink in with the kids. Just warms the heart.

WOW! I'm mesmerized with all your green! How do you get 100 oz water in?

Darlene ~ Sorry for the soggy battle! Please don't get sick over it, but I love your spirit. I really feel like it's been a battle for me & so that's why I have to stay focused & get back on track. I love this site & people, but I also love the Health Group that I go to weekly. I just need all the reinforcements that I can.

Last edited by fit4luv; 02-09-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:40 PM
FitDay Member

April Hang in there you are doing the right thing for him, hopefully tomorrow he will be in better spirits.

Amy Good job on getting the living room cleaned up but let’s face it until your kids are well into their teens you are fighting a losing battle.

Cassie I am glad I ate my stir fry because tonight’s dessert was plum pudding with whip cream and I was able to pass because I had already had all my calories today.

Mike I hope your numbers work out to be great!

Tori How sweet he pre planned sending you an email that’s pretty awesome.

Kay Great job with homework and exercise you are doing so well.

Fit4luv You are doing great on your goals. Thanks for your concern about me walking in the rain but I have invested in some good hiking clothes a couple months back so my outside was soggy but under layers were still in good shape.

I am pretty happy with my exercise today I got my soggy hike in and also a good long walk later when the rain was light. I made great food choices all day even though I am famished still. I hope tomorrow to wake up not hungry!
Have a great night everyone.

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=7.1k, T=6k, W=0, T=11.6k
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike, T=Walk, W=No, T=Hike & Walk
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=N
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1379, T=1501, W=1406, T=1282
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-753, T=-436, W=-504, T=-954
No sugar: M=N, T=N, W=Y, T=Y
Old 02-09-2012, 10:02 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kay_in_PA
Apparently chocolate is a coping skill.
Amen, yes it is.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:13 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fit4luv
almeeker ~ Yahooo for your dd and for you!!! I love it when the healthy choices sink in with the kids. Just warms the heart.

WOW! I'm mesmerized with all your green! How do you get 100 oz water in?

Darlene ~ Sorry for the soggy battle! Please don't get sick over it, but I love your spirit. I really feel like it's been a battle for me & so that's why I have to stay focused & get back on track. I love this site & people, but I also love the Health Group that I go to weekly. I just need all the reinforcements that I can.
100 oz of water is easy if you "divide and conquer". Basically I start my day with a 24 oz bottle of water (I'm crazy thirsty first thing in the morning), then I have one between breakfast and lunch, another between lunch and dinner, and the last one with and after dinner (hopefully downed by 9:00pm). The last 4 oz I generally get when I brush my teeth and take my meds. If I have a really good workout I usually get to 125 oz.

Amen for support and reinforcements.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:17 PM
FitDay Member

Tori, how in the world do you make and eat chicken pot pie and only consume 970 calories? I could eat twice that before I got it into the oven. And while we're on the topic, it's very cruel of you to talk about homemade chicken pot pie and not share the recipe, just saying...
Old 02-09-2012, 10:24 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Amy Good job on getting the living room cleaned up but let’s face it until your kids are well into their teens you are fighting a losing battle.
You're so not kidding. I'm on a mission though, I'm sick to death of living in a pig sty, the kids need to get it through their heads that they may not "stop & drop". OMG our 5 year old is TERRIBLE about stuff like that. It doesn't matter what it is, she will drop whatever, wherever. Just having her home is like a small fast tornado blowing through the house. I'm not asking her to be perfect, all I'm asking is that she not leave a mile wide debris field in her wake.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Tori, how in the world do you make and eat chicken pot pie and only consume 970 calories? I could eat twice that before I got it into the oven. And while we're on the topic, it's very cruel of you to talk about homemade chicken pot pie and not share the recipe, just saying...
I'm not real sure either. I plan on double checking those numbers when I get home and will readjust if necessary. I'll also post the recipe...takes too long on the phone
Old 02-10-2012, 12:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Tori How sweet he pre planned sending you an email that’s pretty awesome.
It was super sweet. It's one of the things that I like about him, he's UberThoughtful! I know Ive only mentioned him in a positive light so far, but he does have negative qualities too. But right now I'm still in the "aww he's so perfect" phase of the relationship.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:54 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, yesterday sucked. Actually, not entirely true. I went to the gym and felt really good about that, and the eating was good until I couldn't put down the rice cakes and peanut butter. Otherwise, it sucked. But, come on, things could be so much worse - seriously. Today should be better if only by virtue of the fact that it's Friday.

April, I'm still keeping you in my thoughts - I'm so impressed with your ability to keep pretty positive about this whole thing, I think you could teach me a thing or two.

Tori - I'm so jealous of your pot pie! I love pot pie so hard, holy cow. That's sweet about the email.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.