Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12

Old 02-09-2012, 10:27 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Wednesday Check In

Hi everyone,

It's been a pretty busy day today, but I've managed to do ok with food intake. I did have to go to my client's today, who happens to be a french bistro, that I absolutely love. The owner/chef always offers me lunch when I go, but I said no I had to hurry back. It was difficult, smelled so good in there. I did go to the Trader Joe's which is nearby and picked up some really yummy stuff, including packaged pomegranate seeds which are back in season and are awesome. So much easier than working with the whole messy fruit, and they are sooo good for you. I'm starting to get frustrated with not losing, 5 or so years ago I would have lost a considerable amount with the amount of calories I am eating and the level of exercise, but it's just not happening this time. Some have suggested I have my thyroid function checked, have any of you had an issue with this, and is there a way to improve thyroid function without taking hormones? Anyway, here are my stats for Wed.

1200-1400 cals M-1279 T-1299,1324
80 oz water M-64 oz T-80 oz W- 80 oz
Treadmill T-Th-Sat T-Yes
5000 steps on non TM days 3479, 3547
8000 steps on TM days 4985
Weights and Floor Exercises at least 3 times. No, No,Yes,
Post here every day Yes, YesYes

Kay- Sorry you have been having a rough week, there is nothing wrong with taking some “me” time though and taking a break from it all. I do understand about feeling guilty, I have this problem too, always thinking I shouldn’t be taking a break there is always something I should be doing. Good job getting in your exercise though, that will go along way towards helping you come out of your funk. Hope today is a better day!

Quinn- So sorry to hear about your Mom, I hope she is on the road to recovery now. I know it has been a rough week for you, and I’m glad to see you’re back to logging food so you can feel more in control. Everything will even out and you will get back on track, I’m praying for your Mom and you.

Cassie- Hope your day is great! Step away from the chocolate!

Joanna- Glad your day was better than terrible, hope today is even better!

Terri- I love the mid day walk idea, I’m going to give it a try when the day get too intense around here!

Mea- Glad your day went better! It really does help to have the support and encouragement doesn’t it?

Tori- Glad you’re doing well today, I’m glad you have vacation to look forward to, that helps. There will always be “rainy” days, but you will get through them. Thinking of your pot pie is making me hungry too!

Darlene- Enjoy your hike, how is the weather there? We have had an extremely mild winter here, really strange for Ohio weather!

Lizzie- Great news for your BF, it is wonderful when you can control without insulin, I’ll cross a few things for him too!

April- I’m sorry yesterday didn’t go as well as the day before, it will take time and you certainly don’t want him to come home before he’s ready. Hopefully his wanting to come home will motivate him to cooperate and talk to them. Praying for all of you.

Mike- Congrats on the policy

Mern- Glad you’re doing well, my DH would not do well not watching TV, I come home from work and he’s on the computer in the office with the TV in there on, meanwhile the big TV is on the family room! Worse than the kids… Hope you can get some exercise in soon.

Pam- That is a tough one, and many of us have been “that girl” in one way or another. Maybe the best way to encourage her by your own healthy example.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
You skids on should still feel bad. Being that you've raised your kids on kids on Coke and pretzels, you should know those things.
Originally Posted by cjohnson728
#1: I don't understand that post.
#2: I done raised my kid good. I was the one raised on Coke and pretzels, reference my summer posts detailing the pantry at the House of Schizophrenic Food!

I was just feeling old and blind .
I was lazy and in a hurry and copy and pasted kids on Coke and pretzels from your "about me". It put it in the wrong spot and I thought I deleted it, don't know where the extra s came from though.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jbuschur
Hi everyone,

It's been a pretty busy day today, but I've managed to do ok with food intake. I did have to go to my client's today, who happens to be a french bistro, that I absolutely love. The owner/chef always offers me lunch when I go, but I said no I had to hurry back. It was difficult, smelled so good in there. I did go to the Trader Joe's which is nearby and picked up some really yummy stuff, including packaged pomegranate seeds which are back in season and are awesome. So much easier than working with the whole messy fruit, and they are sooo good for you. I'm starting to get frustrated with not losing, 5 or so years ago I would have lost a considerable amount with the amount of calories I am eating and the level of exercise, but it's just not happening this time. Some have suggested I have my thyroid function checked, have any of you had an issue with this, and is there a way to improve thyroid function without taking hormones? Anyway, here are my stats for Wed.

Mike- Congrats on the policy
Thanks. Don't get frustrated, keep pushing along. Think of it like this... I bet most everything was easier 5 years ago. Why would weight loss be any different?
Old 02-09-2012, 10:53 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Thanks Mike, it's tough getting old!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:15 AM
FitDay Member

Chocolate is not a coping skill. Chocolate is not a coping skill. Chocolate is not a coping skill.
Yes it is, yes it is, yes it is....

Last edited by almeeker; 02-09-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:18 AM
FitDay Member

How are you guys seeing the numbers on the vending machine? Are my eyes worse than I thought, or is my monitor crappy?

MIKE: my rescheduled mammo is tomorrow morning .
Um, I'm a fat chick, we can id snack food at 1,000 yards and smell a frozen pizza at a full mile.

Good luck tomorrow, hopefully they won't have to reschedule you again and have to try and squeeze you in another day. Hahaha, get it "squeeze" you in... Sorry I'm a bit sleep and carb deprived, makes me loopy.

Last edited by almeeker; 02-09-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
My office is a pretty fit, trim, and/or healthy bunch. (Maybe something about working for the Forest Service most of us are outdoorsy types.) A while back we hired a new administrative assistance. She is very sweet, helpful, and generous, and quite over weight. I've seen her eat breakfast and lunch many times and have yet to see anything green aside from the pathetic lettuce leaf on her 1/4lb burgers. Yesterday and today I watch her eat a whole box of Girl Scout cookies (that's 1 per day ). I know she is unhappy with herself, thus life in general - we have all been there (else we wouldn't be here), but I don't know what to do to help. I certainly don't want to stroll into her office announcing that she's fat and need to shape up and I'm here to help.

We aren't buddies or anything and don't usually talk about much other than work stuff, and I don't really know what we might have in common. But I just feel like I'm watching an accident about to happen that could be prevented.

Any ideas???
Do you walk at lunch? Maybe you could invite her or let her know that it would really help you commit to it, if you had a walking partner... Start there and then if it works at all, get her to sign up for a race or go biking with you.

I've got to be honest, as a fat chick it's hard to watch other people be "perfect" all the time, working out, eating right, blah blah blah, so it might take showing her one of your own personal weaknesses to get the conversation started.

Last edited by almeeker; 02-09-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jbuschur
Some have suggested I have my thyroid function checked, have any of you had an issue with this, and is there a way to improve thyroid function without taking hormones?
ME ME ME ME ME! Having been both hyper and hypo I've become pretty much an expert at all things thyroid related. It's definitely not going to hurt to have your levels checked. I mean, why not? It's just routine blood work. And even if there is something wrong with it, it's no need to panic! I don't know about alternatives to taking hormones, but I'm sure any doctor would know. Most normal physicians will refer you to an endocrinologist if there is something wrong, and then it would be up to you go over treatment. Usually the meds are only given after a treatment been chosen and performed. I am taking Synthroid (and will for the remainder of my days) and it's really not that bad. It's one pill first thing in the morning (or at night, depends on the doctor). It's become the VERY first thing I do when I wake up. Seriously, I roll over, grab the pill bottle and pop one in my mouth. All before I get out of bed! It's no worse that taking The Pill.....it becomes habit.

Things to know if you do have it checked:
1-know your numbers.....normal TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) levels run anywhere from 0.3 to 3.0
2-even if your TSH levels come back fine, and you still think there may be something up, ask your doctor to run your T3 and T4 levels. Even with "normal" TSH if either of these are off it'll make you all Whacky Thyroid'd
3-everyone's normal is different. My normal is the on the lower end of the scale. Your's could be on the upper end of the scale.

Hope this helps a little!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:45 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie That is great news about your bf.

Cassie Oh my friend I am sorry you have so much stress reach for the dark chocolate over 80% if you are going to reach at all. I wondered how they could see the numbers also I seen the gold twix wrapper though. I am happy to hear about your mammo appointment.

Mike How are you doing on getting your policy’s for your bonus? Thanks for the vending machine info I had no idea I am obviously vending machine ignorant.

Pam Maybe invite her for a walk at lunch something simple like that is an outreached hand for friendship so it probably won’t be perceived as anything more then you being a nice person then who knows what opportunities may come from that. Just so you know I love chocolate girl guide cookies and will be thinking about them all night the only good news about this weakness is I do not like the vanilla ones so I could only ever eat half a box.

April hows your day going?

Tori Enjoy your pot pie.

Julie Great job on skipping the French food I bet it’s awesome but very high in calories. It’s been a mild winter here also we are lucky we don’t get the cold or snow like so much of Canada does but boy does it rain. I chuckled Tori once said she skipped her walk because animals were walking down the street 2 by 2 looking for the ark and that’s how I felt half way through the hike today it actually made me chuckle out loud and I had to share her weather description with my walking partner and we got a good laugh, I was glad I did it after I got home and dried off.

Amy Lol squeeze her in.

I am going to go eat left over stir fry from yesterday before I head out to church our alpha group is serving beef stroganoff and I am sure it will be calorie laden so I will just have the salad. I am still very hungry this has been an odd week for me I just can't seem to get satisfied then to make it worse at costco today they had tons of samples and they were all crap food, I didn't have any but I felt like food was mocking me I hope this passes soon. Have a good night everyone.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:54 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday Check-in

Health & Fitness:

1. Calories 1,400 week days, 1,600 weekends. 1,357, 1,699, 2,026, 1,484
2. 100 oz water. Y,Y,Y,Y
3. 7 hours exercise. 50 min, 0 min, 72 min, 0 min (total 2:02)
4. Calorie deficit 5,000. -774, -427, -351, -793 (total -2,545)
5. Protein 25% or higher. 27%, 27%, 31%, 34%
6. Log & report everyday. Y,Y,Y,Y
7. Last Monday 165.8. Post weight: 164, 162.2, 162.2, 162.6

Other stuff:

1. Finish 1 rabbit cage, cut pieces for 3 more. N,N,N. I put wire on 3 sides!
2. Finish my little part of the taxes. N,N,N,N
3. Housework 45 min daily +1 load of laundry. YY,YY,YY,YY
4. Write calendar for G.S. N, DONE
5. Distribute 4-H calendar. N,N,N,N
6. Cut out pieces for Betsy Ross costume. N,N,N, Worked on it for an hour.
7. Write and send out Valentines. N,N,N,N
8. Write down the most wonderful thing that happened. DH came home, he's been out of town since Monday.

Well I got up early, but didn't work out, I cleaned house instead. The neighbor man had to get a test at the hospital this morning, so his son came over at 6:30am, and I took him up to school with my girls. The neighbor lady is an immaculate housekeeper, our living room was a complete disaster zone, and the part of me that is self conscience about these things, hauled the rest of me out of bed to remedy the situation before she dropped him off.

I did better today with calories and such, and even made progress on the rabbit cage and the Betsy Ross costume. Yeah! I used to be one of those people that would blast straight through any project, it would consume my life for whatever time it took to complete, but the process would be a straight flat highway. Having children changed that, they interrupt everything, I've had to learn that I can't barrel my way through a big job anymore, I have to nibble at it over the course of several days/weeks whatev. I struggle with this, but it really is the only way to get things done as a mom.

Last edited by almeeker; 02-09-2012 at 09:57 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.