Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12

Old 02-02-2012, 03:29 AM
FitDay Member

I love that you guys start my day off smiling. Talk to you all soon I have puppy duty then off to hike so Amy doesn't yell at me,lol.

Have a great day!
Old 02-02-2012, 03:37 AM
FitDay Member

Arrow FitDay Challenge Check-in

FitDay Challenge
Check-In: Mon -Tues - Wed -
Daily = x6 wkly . . . "Cushion" Day (R & R: Relax but responsible) = SUN

*^*Thurs Mission*^* 3 mile walk
~*~Wed Mission~*~ Log in before each meal/snack. Mission Accomplished!

FIT
FOCUS {1} *Audio Bible (10 Chapt.) = DONE

INTAKE {2}
*Veg (4 servings Low Carb daily) = Yes x3

*Water (32 oz daily)= Yes x2 - No x1

TRAIN {2}
*Aerobic (150") = 70"
*Pedometer (12 mile) = 4.5 mi
*Strength Training = ON HOLD 'til back is better.

DAY - wkly /// Will Tally At End of WK
DAZZLE *Clean/Declutter (FlyLady Zones - 1' 15") =
ADMINISTRATE *Paper Trail (25") =
YARD (Outside) *Clean (20") =

Last edited by fit4luv; 02-04-2012 at 04:01 PM. Reason: To "capture" my goals
Old 02-02-2012, 04:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Tori, suck it up.
I can't. I'm sensitive
Old 02-02-2012, 05:33 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Wednesday Goals

Hi there everyone, hope you all are having a good day and that the weather is as great as it is here! Here are stats from yesterday,

200-1400 cals 1220, 1328,1260
80 oz water64 oz, 40 oz , 64 oz
Treadmill T-Th-Sat T-N,
5000 steps on non TM days 3491, 3891, 4293
8000 steps on TM days
Weights and Floor Exercises at least 3 times.No, No, No
Post here every day Yes, Yes,Yes

Kay, Great job on the miles! I looked up kettlebells, I had never heard of them before, do you like them better than hand weights?

Mern, Nice job getting back on that wagon!!

Mike, I hope those policies come thru for you soon, and I hope you can find time for some exercise, it would be a nice stress reliever!

Have a great day everyone!

Julie
Old 02-02-2012, 05:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jbuschur

Kay, Great job on the miles! I looked up kettlebells, I had never heard of them before, do you like them better than hand weights?

I like them much better than hand weights. My husband was a kettlebell instructor and introduced me. I prefer the kettlebells over hand weights, but as Mike pointed out, the Russian twists, and many of the other exercises can be done with regular hand weights. I prefer kettlebells because of the movements. The kettlebell swing, for example, is extremely effective as both a strength and as a cardio movement. I guess the difference to me is that with hand weights the point always seemed to be isolating muscles whereas with kettlebells the point is to engage as many muscles as possible in each movement. But then again, that difference might have more to do with the type of training than the type of weight used.

Darlene, here is a picture of my dog, Riley. The lighting makes him look yellowish, but he is very white with tan markings. He is just shy of 20lbs, but looks and acts bigger (all that fluff and swagger).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Jasper and Riley.jpg (97.3 KB, 9 views)
Old 02-02-2012, 05:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
OMG I LUV that one!!! I'm going to have to steal it for next week, if that's all right?
almeeker ~ Help yourself to any ideas I have! I've gathered a lot from this board alone!
----------------------------
Mern ~ I'm just going to have to find the "Mern Cookbook" that must be floating around here. As far as posting -- I'm still trying to find a good balance to reading & posting. I love to come here though as a reward & as inspiration & as a way to put fun into my health journey.

----------------
Originally Posted by Kay_in_PA
Hmmm... how to explain. Basically it is a v-sit, holding the kettlebell in front of you and the twisting to the right until the kettlebell almost hits the floor then coming back to center and twisting left. I both love and hate them.
Kay ~ that sounds pretty intensive. I'm going to keep it in mind for when I get my back muscles in better strength -- something for the future for me. I like to put variety into what I do. Thanks for responding.
-------------------
Originally Posted by taubele
Luv: Your goals are looking good!! And hahaha, well, I did ask for a challenge and I am taking my butt-kicking as my due. I needed it. Sometimes I just have to have someone yelling in my ear when I can't find my own motivation.
Thanks Terrie! I know all about the motivation thing. It's such a struggle sometimes.

So excited for your BF in getting a job. Hope you soon get what you want too career wise.
-------------------
Tori ~ Hang in there!!!
Old 02-02-2012, 07:11 AM
FitDay Member

Mern. I tried apple and cinnamon but I might give your choccie ones a go.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quick check in because my Internet is down at the office so now I have time to take a break. The stars were starting to line up and I was able to write 3 today and put one off until the end of the month. I should write 1 more this evening. I also got calls from 2 referrals from 2 different happy clients!
Old 02-02-2012, 08:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Quick check in because my Internet is down at the office so now I have time to take a break. The stars were starting to line up and I was able to write 3 today and put one off until the end of the month. I should write 1 more this evening. I also got calls from 2 referrals from 2 different happy clients!
WOOHOO Go Mike Go!!!
Old 02-02-2012, 08:49 AM
FitDay Member

Minor Rant below

So, as we all know, I'm really trying to pretend that I'm not as into CN as I really am. I'm super bummed that he's getting deployed, but it is what it is and there isn't anything I can do to change it. He's not asked for anything. He doesn't necessarily want me to wait on him, etc etc. He called today on his lunch and we were chit chatting like we normally do, seemed like a normal phone call. We were discussing what we wanted to do when he gets in town. And I mentioned that tomorrow is my Daddy's 60th birthday and Daddy called last night wanting to know what time I would be ready for dinner for his birthday and so on. I mentioned to CN that I had completely forgot that I had told Daddy I'd take him to dinner (even though it's something I do every year. With the deployment looming I spazzed on it). Well CN loses it. Saying things like he's only going to be in town for 3 days. And it's so rude that I would cancel on him. When I wasn't cancelling to begin with. My dad's old, he likes to eat early LOL! I told him that I'd be done by 8 at the latest and have the rest of the weekend to spend with him. And I know he's only picking a fight because he's getting deployed. I've dated other military guys and been through enough deployments to know that it's very common for them to pick fights before they leave. It's how they deal with knowing they'll be gone for so long. Almost a "if I'm mad I won't be sad" type of thinking. When I said as much to CN he got even madder. Telling me not to compare him to the other losers I've dated, that he's nothing like them. On and on. To the point I'm in tears. AT WORK! I hate not being in control of my emotions, especially at work. Because then everyone's all "omg are you okay?" When all I want to do is tell them to fuck off. But I can't do that because then I'm not being professional. UUGGGHHH It's just so frustrating to sit back and know that I've done nothing wrong, yet suck it up and pretend that everything's okay. I understand CN is stressed. And I understand that he's scared. Who wouldn't be? What I don't understand is how he can expect me to sit idly by while he takes it all out on me. I'm not the type to back down from a fight, especially when I know I'm right. And I'm right on this. uuuggggghhhhhhh

Okay, my minor rant turned slightly major. Guess I was more upest than I thought. And now, I want some Haagen Dazs. Lots and lots of Haagen Dazs to feed the anger. And yeah yeah, I know that a certain someone here will tell me to GOMA and go walk. And I plan on it. But it's not what I want to do.

Last edited by ToriD1012; 02-02-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.