Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12

Old 01-31-2012, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
eeeeehhhh, it was aight. didn't compare to beef.

How many should I put in tonight???? Half a mile?
2? I'm going to lift heavy today so none for me.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:09 PM
FitDay Member

I was thinking between 2 and 3. The knee feels better, but don't want to push it too much tonight. I guess that means I need to GOMA, right??
Old 01-31-2012, 12:33 PM
FitDay Member

Walked a mile to loosen up my legs. They were feeling pretty tight after last nights walk. After loosening up, I did a training session with kettlebells. I gave my legs a break and did mostly upper body and abs including the dreaded Russian twists with a 20 pound kettlebell.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:59 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
eeeeehhhh, it was aight. didn't compare to beef.
You have to spice it up, add about a tablespoon of steak seasoning, a dash or 6 of steak sauce and some egg white to stick it together more. It's still not beef, but it's better than plain turkey. Spicy mustard is good too.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:00 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kay_in_PA
Walked a mile to loosen up my legs. They were feeling pretty tight after last nights walk. After loosening up, I did a training session with kettlebells. I gave my legs a break and did mostly upper body and abs including the dreaded Russian twists with a 20 pound kettlebell.
My back got a catch just from the description. Ugh.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:02 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Good job on getting in some exercise! Thanks, and as for Quinn...

How 'bout a flock of beautiful sheep... or is it goats?
Here's to a more beautiful ewe!!! HAHAHAH...*snort*... *chuckle, chuckle*.....

Um... sorry... couldn't help myself.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:10 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
Public humiliation!!!! I accept! I'm sure I have a sleeveless flannel somewhere... or BF does! I'll let him know about Mimi too -- in fact I am texting him right now and he's saying he's gonna march me out there and make me jog on the disc golf course if I need to.

Speaking of which - I want to make sure disc golf counts? It's like regular golf, so there's lots of walking, except you stop to throw a frisbee rather than hit a golf ball, and the distances are mostly-shorter. If that doesn't count I'll make myself jog between holes, will that suffice? I can't run with the bad ankle, but jogging I can do with a brace.

And hey, you'll be better than my mom with the birds and bees conversation -- she came while my sister and I were in the bathtub at age 7 or so and brought a cucumber as a prop!
Hahaha, that's pretty funny. What is he scared of blue eye shadow or something? Too bad cause he could own that color like a BOSS!

I had to laugh over the cucumber story. OMG, that is hilarious, and seriously how disappointed were you when you saw a naked man for the first time? My mom didn't bring props she brought medical texts books and a copy of the Carma Sutra. Before she was done I knew pretty much everything there is to know, the textbook version anyway. It made for some fairly interesting episodes with my friends, who were given almost no information at all. I was common knowledge that I "knew" things and could offer sound advice. You would not believe the questions that friends have asked me.

Ugh, I gotta go, the kids need to be chased off to bed before DH kills one of them.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:25 PM
FitDay Member

I never did get my walk in today, darn. By the time I was finished with all of my errands/elder-care/grocery shopping, it was 3pm and I had to get a roast in the oven. *sigh* Maybe tomorrow. Food was again ok calorie-wise, but I was really carb-heavy. Had to take my mom to McDonald's because she wanted a Happy Meal... I know, how embarrassing is that. It's not that she's losing it, she's just depression-era frugal and doesn't have a huge appetite. Oh man, the things I do. Anyway, that led to me having a little burger because she said "...salad isn't a meal". Ugh. It wasn't bad until I ran into one of my husband's co-workers with my little girl's Happy Meal and coffee on my tray... lol. On the bright side, I got a Barbie toy! LOL Wow, what has my life become???

Tuesday:

1. Calories under 1200, no excuses, busy or not. 995, 1183
2. Drink a minimum of 80 oz. per day. Yes, Yes
3. No bread, butter, cheese M-F. None, 2 (I blame my mother.)
4. 3 fruits and veggies daily. 3, 3
5. Multi-vitamin daily. Yes, Yes

April,
Hang in there. Wishing you better times soon. You know we are always here when you're ready to vent. January has been really stressful in so many ways. I think there are a bunch of us who will be glad to see it go!

Terri,
How come I missed the page in the Parent's Handbook that stated that we could use props?? I had a talk with my daughter a few years back about condoms, and she was so uncomfortable with the word, that I told her to pick a word that she was more comfortable with and she chose "ice cream cones". The whole talk went totally downhill from there!! (I should have used props...) lol
Old 01-31-2012, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

I had my little bird chest poked out again today. I hit a PR on bench press. The crazy thing was that it was on my 5th set!

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Here's to a more beautiful ewe!!! HAHAHAH...*snort*... *chuckle, chuckle*.....

Um... sorry... couldn't help myself.
You're in a funny mood. Did you crack open a bottle of wine.

Originally Posted by quinnesec
I never did get my walk in today, darn. By the time I was finished with all of my errands/elder-care/grocery shopping, it was 3pm and I had to get a roast in the oven.

3. No bread, butter, cheese M-F. None, 2 (I blame my mother.)
Now it's time for me to ride your ass! Soooo... what did you do for the couple hours that the roast SAT IN THE OVEN? You could have got in a quick walk. Tisk, tisk, tisk.

Blame it on your mother?? Tori, tell her what's the only thing you can blame it on... (Got that song stuck in your head again, huh?)

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 01-31-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:43 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Blame it on your mother?? Tori, tell her what's the only thing you can blame it on... (Got that song stuck in your head again, huh?)
I dunno, the rain? What song are you talkin' 'bout, I'm lost here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.