Old 01-31-2012, 02:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6

Quinn, do I win a prize?
You are the prize, my dear!
Old 01-31-2012, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

Wink

Darlene ~ That pup is sooooo cute. I hope that it helps your dog to have another around.

almeeker ~ HaHa!!! That story is too funny with what your dd observed & how she expressed herself.

Thanks for the tips on back muscle strengthening. That's something I need to continue to work on. That's one reason I have for toning -- that back of mine.

Thanks for the compliment on my pound loss. Hmmmm.. .. I'll have to think about how to celebrate.

zyxst ~ awwww . . Sorry about computer problems. Just keep focused on your day-to-day goals! Then when computer problems are fixed you can easily tell us all about your successes.

Mern ~ You're a poster child for Omega-3! It truly is impressive. That's so sad about your mother losing her sight like she did.

kimbur ~ Nice to see you and your goals. Sounds like you could use a lot of R & R.

Quinn ~ Let us know how your hike went. That's why I come here too - to help me stay focused.

Now I need to FOCUS on creating a new me. . . . Here's to wishing you all a creative & focused day.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:54 AM
Super Moderator

Health and Fitness

1. Lose 3 pounds: (starting at 184.6)
2. Calorie deficient of 3k: -521
3. Workout 3 times: day off
4. Walk 3 times for at least 3 miles each: day off
5. 3 servings of fruit and veggies: yes
6. Drink 3 liters of water: yes
7. Fish oil 3 times per day: yes

Non Health and Fitness
8. Write 3 policies: 0
9. 3 Random acts of kindness: 0

I ended up taking off yesterday from any exercising. I'll pick back up today.

Quinn, Thanks, so I won myself?

Luv, Big congrats on doubling your intake of water!
Old 01-31-2012, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Luv, thanks for your kind words on my green Monday. My glaucoma is hereditary, too. My Mom went blind from it after she quit using her eye drops, due to losing her memory to an unlabeled form of dementia. She lived out of state with my step-father and we didn't know that was going on until it was too late. I had no idea that exercise and Omega-3 can further reduce eye pressure while using the eye drops until my new eye doctor's technician asked me what I've been doing differently in the past six months. I told her about my recommittment to a healthier lifestyle and when I told her what that entails, she said bumping up my exercise and increasing my omega-3 would account for the 3 point drop in my eye pressure in the past six months compared with the point at which it had stabilized over several years with the drops alone. I also don't have dry eye syndrome any more since bumping up my omega-3 fish oil. Our tears are made from omega-3.
If omega-3 fish oil helps dry eye, I'm so in it's not even funny. I have dry eye and it's gotten a lot worse lately, I'm getting to be one of those old ladies that wipes her eyes all the time. Which makes them red and shows off the crows feet even better. Do you have a brand you like, or are they all about the same?
Old 01-31-2012, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

I exercised as promised before logging back on. Glad I got that done while waiting for live-in GD to call for me to pick her up from her college placement test.

Kim, no need to apologize for getting started. The only rule we have that I know of in this group is to be nice to each other--and we all do that. Aw, sorry about your insomnia. It surely can be debilitating. Tweak your excercise schedule if you need to. Goals can be changed any time you see fit--you don't have to finish out the week on something that's too much for you.

Amy, I looked a little online and from what I see it's not yet known exactly how much omega-3 can help with eye pressure as related to glaucoma, but the consensus seems to be that it CAN help. I had been taking 2000mg fish oil per day and read one should not take 4000mg without one's doctor's consent. I got that consent last September from my family doctor, which was about the time of my last eye doctor appointment. That and the exercise were the only changes in my lifestyle that might contribute to the lower eye pressure. I didn't see the eye doctor yesterday, just the technician who administered my vision field test and measured my eye pressure, but when the doc phones me with my test results, I'll try to remember to ask HER opnion on the Omega-3 helping reduce eye pressure. But I'm taking the 4000mg Omega-3 fish oil daily to lower my high triglycerides and high cholesterol, so her opinion won't change what I'm doing.

Luv, aw, thanks for your consideration for my Mom. I love your little icon for being creative and focused.

Mike, nice food and fitness accomplishments yesterday.

Quinn, you are so right--focus on your own health and stamina first. We can't take care of our charges and responsibilities if we're run down. I started out my day with a wierd breakfast--a bowl of homemade vegetarian veggie soup--so rich in flavor and satisfying that it'll keep the tempatation at bay for a while. Wishing you a temptation free day, too--and a great hike in the woods.

Aw, ain't that cute--Quinn sucking up to Mike that way. She wants to be his fave in the stable.

Last edited by Mern; 01-31-2012 at 03:17 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

Aw, ain't that cute--Quinn sucking up to Mike that way. She wants to be his fave in the stable.
LOL, does that make us horses or mules?
Old 01-31-2012, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Amy, my family doc approved Nature's Bounty fish oil, but I've heard NatureMade is also good quality. You could also ask your pharmacists opinion.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Amy, my family doc approved Nature's Bounty fish oil, but I've heard NatureMade is also good quality. You could also ask your pharmacists opinion.
Good to know, I think I have coupons for both kinds. Which means I'll buy whichever one goes BOGO first. I'll check with my pharmacist too, he's pretty helpful on stuff like that.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator

Mike: You'd never forget me... much Thank you for the reminders AND the butt-kicking!

Lizzie: It's always good to be moving in the right direction! 1.5 lbs. is great, good luck on your goals this week!!

Pam: Thanks for the butt-kick and the reality check. I know that exercise is more important now than food, I just fell completely out of the habit of doing it. And exercise really DOES have to be a habit for me. You're right that I don't have the weather excuse, though I usually work out with DVDs. Maybe what I need is a good round of disc gold this weekend if the weather's right!! Also, I can't WAIT to see your marathon time, you know you're going to hit that goal!!!

Darlene: You make a good point, I should have my healthy weight firmly in my sights, and I need to focus more on it. I think I've just been adrift in stress and worrying for a month. Time for the game face!! And girl, I am like you in the morning, such a zombie -- working out in the AM is just a no-go. I'd faint dead away! Also, OMG, that puppy is precious!!

Tori: Ugh, your Monday sounds crazy - weird appetite, hurting knee. Don't overdo it, knee dislocations can be really tricky to get over!! I hope it feels better and that your body gets itslef out of whack!

quinn: This lifestyle thing sticks after awhile! You know you can totally focus this week, I'm rooting for you. Let's both get our game faces on!

Mern: LOL, when I got home from work yesterday BF was in misery with his allergies. I babied him for about 20 minutes, and then I gently reminded him that I needed to work out. He got right up and went in the other room and closed the door, giving me privacy. Then when I came on here to type about my pizza fiasco last night, he saw I was on the forums and asked "What are you writing about?" And I just told him - "Just writing about my day on the forums - they help keep me motivated." I didn't mention the pizza or exactly what I was writing, and he just sort of nodded and said "OK." I think my vague answer was enough to let him know I didn't want to discuss it. It's not that I can't be myself with him, he just doesn't exactly understand what I go through on a day-to-day, though he's very supportive. Maybe try that with DH?? GREAT news about your glaucoma, and WOOHOO for your all-green report!!!

connect: I'm a big stress/appetite person too. And the weird thing is this -- I find, after journaling about it, that I eat a lot when I feel like I am NOT in control of the stress (i.e., waiting to hear back from a job, maybe?? :eyeroll but when I am stressed but I CAN do something about it, I eat very low-cal. It's weird, but it's what I do. Maybe it's similar for you?

I actually drink out of an old plastic bottle at work that I've had forever -- a reuseable one is good, though! Just get one that you know how much it holds (16 oz., 24 oz., whatever) and then make a goal that makes sense for the bottle. It's easier to just chalk up "1 bottle, 2 bottle, 3 bottle..." and know how much is in there, at least for me!

Luv: I DID get in my exercise on Monday, woohoo! And thank goodness, because there was a pizza fiasco! Thank you for your support and encouragement. I'm cheering you on too! Your goals list is always awesome and really personal!

Amy: LOL! You're awesome, GREAT job on your Monday, woooohooooo!!! I wish you'd come drag me to the gym, I'd pay to see that! Seriously though, I think the 4-hour challenge is a PERFECT challenge for me. In the course of a week if I do my exercise it's usually somewhere between 2.5 and 3 hours, so four hours is a stretch for sure but not impossible by any means. I don't back down, so I ACCEPT!!! What are the consequences if I don't do it?? Should I take a picture with a sign that says "Almeeker kicked my butt" in the mirror? Haha. Your story with your daughter is TOO precious, I don't know how you stopped laughing long enough to explain!

Weekly Goals

Food, Exercise, Lifestyle Goals

1) Keep calories between 1200 and 1500. No single day over 1600. Weekly average around 1300. M: 1816 (Week Average: 1,816)
2) Exercise 3 times this week. M: Yes, 48 minutes (Total: 0 H, 48 M)
3) Calorie deficit of 5000 calories M: -621 (Week Total: -621)
4) Water between 64-80 oz. daily. More is better M: 96
5) Protein between 25-30% average for the week. M: 19% (Week Average: 19%)
6) No more than 2 lunches and 1 dinner out for the week M: Dinner out
7) In bed by 11:30 every night M: Yes
8) Weigh in Monday and Friday and post weight here M: 158.9
9) Cook one new recipe this week M: Not yet

Other Life Goals

1) Clean one room every day, no excuses M: Rooms were clean - did a load of laundry instead!
2) Call my grandmother M: No - e-mailed her, though
3) Clean out the car M: No
4) Write something wonderful that happened to ME every day (I tend to report things happening to others, haha!) M: I got support here on the forums when I needed it AND I got my workout in!
5) Make an effort on my appearance every day! M: yes

Ok, so the calories went a little over my 1600 cap yesterday, but it could have been worse. What happened was, while I was working out, BF decided to order Pizza Hut. After I finished my workout (around 7), I went in back and asked what was for dinner. He was like PIZZA!! And told me it would be there in like 5 minutes. I kind of just made O_O face at him, and he said he got pizza to reward me for trying to get back into my exercise routine. I just wanted to scream that PIZZA IS NOT THE WAY TO REWARD ME FOR GETTING HEALTHY but I appreciated the thought. I told him next time to make me a smoothie, lol

Anyway, I was really hungry after my workout and when the pizza got there, I just got tunnel vision and gobbled down four large slices before I even came up to breathe. I'm just calling it pizza hypnosis. If you want to know, it was four large slices of thin crust pizza with chicken, mushrooms, red onion and green pepper. It was delicious, but at 720mg sodium a slice PLUS the high-sodium lunch I had yesterday, my sodium bloated to over 3500mg yesterday!!!! YIKES! I can sort of feel it today, too.

I had a doc's appointment this morning and their scale showed 163.1 -- however, after a high sodium day, + clothes on and after having eaten breakfast, I'm taking that number with a grain of salt. My BP, iron levels, and heart rate were all good (my BP for once did NOT show up low... it was 115/76 ... I guess I was nervous? I haven't had a BP that high in about 3 years) so I was happy with the otherwise good-health report.

Amy! You will note that I have added a counter for the minutes and hours I work out this week. Four hours is going to be a real challenge for me, but I think if I work out my prescribed 3 times with the DVD AND make sure to get out and do a round of disc golf this weekend, I will hit it. And I hereby vow that if we don't disc gold for whatever reason this weekend, I will get my exercise in some other way this weekend. I have a bar to hit!!

Happy Tuesday all,

~Terri

Last edited by taubele; 01-31-2012 at 03:34 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
Amy! You will note that I have added a counter for the minutes and hours I work out this week. Four hours is going to be a real challenge for me, but I think if I work out my prescribed 3 times with the DVD AND make sure to get out and do a round of disc golf this weekend, I will hit it. And I hereby vow that if we don't disc gold for whatever reason this weekend, I will get my exercise in some other way this weekend. I have a bar to hit!!
4 hours is a cake walk sister, you can do it, in fact you have to or you will face public humiliation on this thread and quite possibly on facebook, so there, HAH get it done. If you wuss out and give up, you have to dress like Larry the Cable guy (complete with fake or real arm pit hair poking out from your sleeveless flannel shirt) and post a pic here on Monday morning, so we can all make fun of you and your bodily noises/functions. And I'll add that if BF interferes, he has to dress up as Mimi from the Drew Cary Show. There is that motive enough for you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.