Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12

Old 02-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

I'll pm ya tomorrow.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:07 PM
FitDay Member

April I think having had only big dogs I agree with that thinking a little dog runs at you and jumps up and people are like aww my big dog does it and you are being accused of having a dangerous aggressive animal.

Pam That’s a great story about your cats, we are moving slowly in the yes I like you, yes you can sleep close to me, bite my tail and I will growl at you, that is my food and I do not share so I think all in all the right direction. My dd said that lucky slept last night without waking up and pacing which she has been doing since we lost mocha so that was great news. I am with you on the motherly sex talk it didn’t exist in our house either then when I got pregnant they were surprised. The bunny video is great.

Fit4luv How awesome your kids are getting involved with your healthy choices that’s a blessing for you all.

Mern I am following your lead hubby is going to take me out to celebrate our anniversary that we both forgot on Feb 15 so I am going to be extra good so I can splurge for our dinner. We are going to a restaurant that serves chefs menu only and he specializes in farm/ocean to table west coast cuisine so you choose either a 3, 4 or 5 course dinner than you get whatever the chef sends to the table and as long as the group is less than 4 people everyone will get something different. I love this kind of dining and I am a very adventurous eater but this is out of hubby’s comfort zone, I was so touched when he said this is where he was taking me. I am really looking forward to it but it will be a diet nightmare as there is no control over what you get or how its prepared so when the lobster bisque is sat in front of him I will need to eat it and my crab cakes also and I would like to enjoy my night of overindulgence guilt free.

Kay I use the little paperclip to attach pics to the post some are to big so I use Resize Images online (I don't know if I can post this, but its free and I just found it when I was struggling with posting pics) it shrinks them and it seems to work for me.

Terri I love the fact that looking hipper is the biggest selling point for you to buy a recyclable water bottle. Good job on plugging away at the exercise. Congrats on hubby finding work!

Mike Get those running shoes on its mid week none of us need that much of a lead.

I am exhausted so hopefully I can sleep well I get to hike in the morning so I am hoping for sunshine. Have a great night.

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=3.1k, T=6.2k,W=2.2k
Exercise 5 days: M=Walk, T=Hike, W=Walk
Squats 5 days: M=N, T=Y, W=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=N, T=Y, W=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1183, T=1309, W=995 this wasn't planned but I skipped lunch and betime I realized I was hungry it was to closr to dinner to eat.
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-689, T=-702, W=-906
No sugar: M=N(cinnamon hearts), T=Y, W=Y
Old 02-02-2012, 12:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
4-walk at least 10--day off, 2.01 never made it tonight, but I wanted to, does that count???
NO IT DOES NOT!!! Especially if you're planning to binge on King Cakes, Po'boy's and muffalattas next week. For the record "close" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, and "I thought about it" only counts in a court of law if you actually kill someone or rob them blind. Get your lazy butt off the couch and get some steps in woman. Oh wait, you're Tori aren't you? Um, scratch that I thought I was talking to Terri there for a moment. Sounds like I should challenge you to some hours as well though...
Old 02-02-2012, 12:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
It wasn't my stomach that was the issue- it was my thighs. I would have had to have worn a belt and/or gotten them professionally taken in at the top to have them stay on. (Note: I have to wear a belt to keep my size 13 Levi's from falling off) I'm seriously just considering wearing opaque tights & sweater dresses until Summer.
I have this trouble too. I never know if it's my whacky body or the current style, but seriously I have to work the jeans up over my calves and thighs, but they hang off my butt and waist. It's almost like I'm a different size from the fanny up, and don't get me started on "skinny jeans", love the look but hate the work getting them on (well and the work necessary to get away with wearing them). I'm thinking it's the style rather than me, I'm a woman not a 12 year old boy. Anyway I will tell you that the more I workout the worse the discrepancy gets. Hopefully a new style will out soon and I can buy jeans that fit.

Last night a girlfriend of mine suggested we go halfsies on the purchase of the Brazillian Butt Lift workout videos. We might even take "before" and "after" pics, to keep it interesting.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Though now I have a question: How on earth could I LOSE 20lbs (since April 2011)... yet go up a jeans size? Granted I was in a different store (Express & American Eagle versus Levi) but still! I almost cried in the dressing room!
This is the clothing industry messing with your mind. You are whatever size you are, their numbers don't mean a thing. This is your new mantra, okay?
Old 02-02-2012, 01:21 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Check-in

Health:

1. Calories 1,400 M-Th & Sun, 1,600 F&S. 1,400, 1,659, 1,412 I'm counting it.
2. Water 100 oz daily. 100+, 100, 100+
3. Calorie deficit 5,000. -1,228, -1,053, -839 (total -3,120)
4. Protein 25% or higher. 36%, 22%, 22%
5. Workout 6 hours. 75 min, 60 min, 98 min (total 3:53)
7. Steps on the pedometer 10,000 daily. 14,203, 4,464, 21,129
8. Log and report in daily INCLUDING WEEKENDS. Y,Y,Y
9. Take measurements on 2/1/12. Tomorrow. Cannot find the stupid tape measure. Y
10. Weigh and post daily. 165.8, 163.2, 162, 161.8

Other Stuff:

1. Call mom about babysitting Friday night. N,N,Y
2. Housework 30 minutes daily + 1 load of laundry. YY, YY,YY
3. Finish rabbit cage and start 2 more. Painted and bought plywood. Painted some more. N
4. Plan Girl Scout calendar for February. N,N,N
5. Order GS badges. N,N,N
6. Keep spending to a min. $168.25, $76.64, $20 (total $264.99) Not doing well on this one here.
7. Send in prescriptions. BOO-YAH!!!

Yesterday went pretty well, got in a very long walk, more than an hour and a half, went just over 6 miles with my workout partner. Another friend joined us and I have to say for a short woman she can really move, kept me at near a trot for better than an hour. She's another swim mom, one of the moms that used to sit around while the kids were in the pool. But she's gone back to school and her doc put her on a restricted calorie plan, so she's either walking or studying now.

Today is going to be bad, I'm teaching chocolates after school to the 4-H Club. I'm planning my calories and including 10 pieces. Hopefully I can keep it to that or less, but we'll see. Once the house starts to smell like confections, I could spiral out of control. I'm on the fence about teaching the peanut butter confections, but they are a favorite, so it seems wrong to avoid them just because I'm weak. Hopefully we'll only make enough for everyone to share and it will all be gone when they leave. Well I gotta get going the house is a disaster and I need to clean it, plus prep all the chocolate stuff for this afternoon.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:06 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
NO IT DOES NOT!!! Especially if you're planning to binge on King Cakes, Po'boy's and muffalattas next week. For the record "close" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, and "I thought about it" only counts in a court of law if you actually kill someone or rob them blind. Get your lazy butt off the couch and get some steps in woman. Oh wait, you're Tori aren't you? Um, scratch that I thought I was talking to Terri there for a moment. Sounds like I should challenge you to some hours as well though...
Whoa, that aside of Amy that I don't think I've seen before. I think I kinda like it.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Whoa, that aside of Amy that I don't think I've seen before. I think I kinda like it.
Really? Where have you been all week? I've been riding Terri's butt like a swarm of giant horse flies.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I don't. She yelled at me.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:21 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Really? Where have you been all week? I've been riding Terri's butt like a swarm of giant horse flies.
So you've been like flies on Terri's butt? That's kinda nasty. Are you trying to say that she's dirty.

Tori, suck it up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.