Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12

Old 02-01-2012, 09:05 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Why, you gotta thing against a grown man wearing drag? Personally I don't think Terri can pull off Larry the Cable guy. She might have a flannel, a grungy hat with a fish hook and some fake arm pit hair but she doesn't have the gut or the flabby arms for it.
Yup, I second that!
Old 02-01-2012, 09:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fit4luv
Kay ~ What’s the “dreaded Russian twist” -- and with 20 lb kettlebells? It sounds fiercesome, but fun. I’ll have to do some research on kettlebells. [/COLOR][/FONT]
Hmmm... how to explain. Basically it is a v-sit, holding the kettlebell in front of you and the twisting to the right until the kettlebell almost hits the floor then coming back to center and twisting left. I both love and hate them.

Darlene I would absolutely share a picture of my dog if I had any idea how to do that on this site.

Mern that is great news from the eye doctor, and seriously, you have been so good for the past week that one meal isn't going to set you back much. You've got the right attitude about it. Own up to it and move on.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

April: Hugs across the internet for you, I hope you're able to find some calm and relaxation in all the stress. You're doing well, never doubt it!!

Mike: LOL, you're not kidding about the butt swelling!!! I swear I feel fat today. I know I'm not and it's just bloat, but ugh, I can't wait to get it all out of my system!! And you need to solve this debate - are we sheep, goats, hens? Or perhaps you've just bought the whole damn farm! Nice job on your new PR! Rawr!

Kay: Your kettleball workout has me in awe, you iron woman! Makes my abs hurt just thinking about it.

Tori: I agree with Amy, spices are everything for turkey burgers/turkey rather than beef. I use turkey for everything now and I can honestly say I prefer the flavor when properly spiced up. Good job resisting the ciggy, and I'm glad you're feeling better! I am DYING about your nephew's reaction, hahahahah!

Amy: I will tell BF he would be killer in electric blue eyeshadow It would really bring out the hazel!!!! LOL. As for disappointed when seeing a naked man, well, by that point I'm pretty sure I had seen textbooks so my hopes were dashed. To be honest with you though, I might be scared if they were all cucumber-esque - those things would be hazardous!! And hey, listen woman, I'm not an iron woman like you getting in 3 hours already, but I'm making slow-and-steady progress on my exercise! I WILL do four hours!

quinn: lmao, maybe my parents got a different version of the handbook? I'm rolling about the "ice cream cones" thing. So many places to go with that. My discussion about condoms came from my father, who gruffly said "Use them. Carry one in your purse so stupid boys don't have any excuses." (Granted, this was before I went off to college).

Darlene: I should get a good reuseable one. I don't worry so much about carcinogens since I'm not heating up the bottle (plastic only leaches things when it gets REALLY REALLY HOT) but the BPA is something I've read about. Besides, I will look way hipper rather than having a random empty water bottle sitting around on my desk. Your new puppy is ADORABLE.

zyxst: Sorry your laptop is giving you headaches and frustration!!! We're here when you're able to come back.

Mern: Just log/be accountable and move on. Sometimes you just need a day. Chicken pot pie actually sounds DELICIOUS. Congratulations on your awesome eye test, that must feel awesome!!

Luv: Your goals are looking good!! And hahaha, well, I did ask for a challenge and I am taking my butt-kicking as my due. I needed it. Sometimes I just have to have someone yelling in my ear when I can't find my own motivation.

You guys are so sweet saying I couldn't pull off Larry the Cable Guy. <3 I'd do my darndest if I had to, though!!! I don't back down from stuff like that. I could probably stick out ye olde gut at bit at the very least.

Weekly Goals

Food, Exercise, Lifestyle Goals

1) Keep calories between 1200 and 1500. No single day over 1600. Weekly average around 1300. M: 1816 T: 1,398 (Week Average: 1,607)
2) Exercise 3 times this week. M: Yes, 48 minutes T: yes, 20 minutes (Total: 1 H, 08 M)
3) Calorie deficit of 5000 calories M: -621 T: -656 (Week Total: -1,277)
4) Water between 64-80 oz. daily. More is better M: 96 T: 88
5) Protein between 25-30% average for the week. M: 19% T: 24% (Week Average: 21.5%)
6) No more than 2 lunches and 1 dinner out for the week M: Dinner out T: No eating out
7) In bed by 11:30 every night M: Yes T: yes
8) Weigh in Monday and Friday and post weight here M: 158.9
9) Cook one new recipe this week M: Not yet T: not yet

Other Life Goals

1) Clean one room every day, no excuses M: Rooms were clean - did a load of laundry instead! T: Kitchen
2) Call my grandmother M: No - e-mailed her, though T: No, though more e-mailing
3) Clean out the car M: No T: No
4) Write something wonderful that happened to ME every day (I tend to report things happening to others, haha!) M: I got support here on the forums when I needed it AND I got my workout in! T: Thought out fridge was kaput, turned out it wasn't!
5) Make an effort on my appearance every day! M: yes T: I looked smokin' yesterday

Despite the fact that it was only 20 minutes, I am VERY proud of myself for working out two days in a row (intending to make it THREE days in a row tonight!). I usually do not do that because of a fear of overworking my ankle, but to hit my four hour goal, I'm going to need to do it. It was actually BF's idea - I have a "20 Minute Express" Zumba workout, and he was like "If you do that on your 'night off' it adds an hour!! YOU'D BETTER DO IT!!!" Thursday is going to be the hardest night for me to get in a workout due to teaching late, but twenty minutes? I keep telling myself just like "20 minutes is absolutely nothing, I have NO excuse not to do it" unless I am legitimately in ankle pain, which I am not.

Sorry for logging in late, too, the day kind of got away from me today.

But I am HAPPY TO REPORT!!!!! THAT BF IS EMPLOYED PENDING A PEE TEST/BACKGROUND CHECK!!!

His phone literally rang off the hook today starting at around 10:00. He'd been putting applications in all through January with no nibbles at all, and then BANG, three places called him today asking for interviews (Happy February??). They all also offered him a job on the spot, so he had the luxury of picking the one that seemed the best for him. He was on Cloud 9 all day. It's wonderful to hear him so happy on the phone, so we'll celebrate tonight! Woohoo! It also happens to be our anniversary today, so it's just double-celebration-time.

He'll be working at an auto place that's literally about a 3 minute drive from home, which is great to save on gas (He could even walk there if he needed to). As long as there's nothing in his pee, he should be working there sometime next week. Yay!! That's one BIG stress off of our minds. Now if only MY job prospect would get back to me.... is it good or bad it's taking so long?!
Old 02-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Kay_in_PA
Hmmm... how to explain. Basically it is a v-sit, holding the kettlebell in front of you and the twisting to the right until the kettlebell almost hits the floor then coming back to center and twisting left. I both love and hate them.

I've done them with dumbbells, they are an ab killer.

Originally Posted by taubele
Mike: LOL, you're not kidding about the butt swelling!!! I swear I feel fat today. I know I'm not and it's just bloat, but ugh, I can't wait to get it all out of my system!! And you need to solve this debate - are we sheep, goats, hens? Or perhaps you've just bought the whole damn farm! Nice job on your new PR! Rawr!

But I am HAPPY TO REPORT!!!!! THAT BF IS EMPLOYED PENDING A PEE TEST/BACKGROUND CHECK!!!
Great job on BF. Y'all are everything to me.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:09 AM
FitDay Member

Only just catching up so excuse me reaching way back in these posts but first

Terri. Wooohooohooohioohooo fantastic news on the BF job front, my lucky shamrock must be working for you.

Mern I am so happy your problems with your eyes are improving, it's good to know that vigilance over what you eat ( and you are one great vigilante) can really help.
I tried to make muffins with flaxmeal but I'm sorry to say they were inedible, really weird texture and totally no taste, I just know I went terribly wrong somewhere.

Quinn. It's just good to see a few words from you now and again, and moving up and down in a 5 lb range isn't so bad.

Darlene. What a gorgeous pup, I so want one of those.

April. I hope you find answers to your problems and that you find peace and harmony in your life again soon. I know how hard it is to face the public and their problems when you are facing your own personal challenges.
Amy. I went to a convent school and in my second year ( I was around 12) the nuns gave us a book which was supposed to teach us the basics of being a woman . It was just full of don't dos and very little info on the birds and the bees. It was don't wear short skirts, don't let boys touch you, don't say dirty words or have dirty thoughts, before you do anything think if the Mother Mary would do it and if not, then don't. No wonder I have serious intimacy issues.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:16 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Amy,
If your bunnies don't turn out to be quite show quality, you could repurpose them for hearding:

Take a look:

Watch a rabbit herd sheep | Grist
Old 02-01-2012, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
I have a "20 Minute Express" Zumba workout, and he was like "If you do that on your 'night off' it adds an hour!! YOU'D BETTER DO IT!!!" Thursday is going to be the hardest night for me to get in a workout due to teaching late, but twenty minutes? I keep telling myself just like "20 minutes is absolutely nothing, I have NO excuse not to do it" unless I am legitimately in ankle pain, which I am not.
I'm thinking we may have the same Zumba DVD. I suck at it, but I have soo much fun with it. I'm just glad no one is around to video it. It could go viral in a heartbeat!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:38 AM
FitDay Member

Terri!

How many years have you and BF been together? OMG, congrats on BF getting a job--and getting to PICK from THREE! I'm so thrilled for you--well, you know ALL your buddies here are. Yeah, maybe I needed that day to get temptation out of my system or something. I don't know for sure. It was so easy to get back on track today though--just decided I would and that was that. The chicken pot pie was a cheap little Banquet brand from the dollar store--and though most people think they are a poor excuse for a pot pie, I find them quite a taste treat--or should I say "taste cheat." Yes, a good vision field report really does make me feel good and is such a relief because it means my eye drops have kept further optic nerve damage at bay for the past year. I agree you wouldn't make a very good Larry--too trim and ladylike. You don't have enough gut to stick out. Would still be fun to see you and BF dressed up--maybe next Halloween. LOL Congrats on a great Tuesday report and on your exercise. Yeah, good to protect that ankle, though! I've still got my fingers, eyes, and toes crossed for your getting a fabulous new job, too. Big hug to ya!

Luv, thanks for your kind words on my eye report. I intend to follow that with another great report at the end of February on bringing down my triglycerides and cholesterol even closer to normal. A glowing blood sugar report ain't gonna happen, though, due to too many occasional bad cheats.

Mike, we'll take up a collection in the hen house to buy some yarn to start knitting booties! The only person I found down the hall and on the left was a guy holding a sign that read, "So, whadaya EXPECT for free use of this website???!!! The nerve!!! LOL By the way, DH likes my "cinnamon buns".

Kay, thanks for your kind words on my eye health report. It wasn't one meal--it was an evening of carb binging yesterday. Thanks for your encouragement, though. You're right, once I owned up to it, it was time to move on--and I did. I can have an all green day tomorrow if I keep up my good work today.

Last edited by Mern; 02-01-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:03 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie, thanks for your kind words about my eye test. Flaxmeal muffins do have a different (coarse and very moist) texture but I'm sorry yours didn't turn out. Hmm, I don't know what to say about totally no taste. Did you make the chocolate mocha ones with the coffee and cocoa powder, vanilla and vanilla protein powder? Mine have a rich chocolaty flavor--like a very chocolaty cupcake. Or did you try a recipe you found elsewhere?

Oh, I am so tickled. My daughter MAY be able to take a day off work tomorrow (I won't know until tomorrow morning) so I may have a day free from sitting and chauffeuring my grandkids. To boot, my live-in GD is off work tomorrow and I will just say no to driving her to her BF's just 1/2 mile from her workplace. I seldom exercise that right.

Last edited by Mern; 02-01-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

ALL MY LOVELY HENS...WANNA HAVE SOME FUN??? YOU KNOW YOU DO, SO CHECK THIS OUT!!!!

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post71279

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.