FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/6514-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-01-30-12-a.html)

almeeker 02-01-2012 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 71171)
Just got a call from my eye doctor saying my vision field test came out great--no further vision loss from glaucoma in the past year. My glaucoma is well under control so I don't have to go back for 6 months. :)

Amy, although the technician who tested my eye fluid pressure credited my increased omega-3 and exercise with my decrease in fluid pressure, the eye doctor said there is not significant scientific evidence to prove it helps. But she agrees omega-3 can be of great benefit for dry eye syndrome, cholesterol, joints, etc. She gave me the caution on not taking 4000mg without family doctor/primary care physician consent and I told her I already knew that and my family doctor approved of that for me back in September.

Congrats on passing your test with flying colors! The kind of glaucoma in my family is the "floater" kind, and it's operable. My mom had both of her eyes done this past year and got contact implants installed in the bargain. It's sort of funny because her eyes sparkle now, you can actually see a reflection in the contact every so often. She loves them.

I'm going to pick up some fish oil this week. I should have done it yesterday, but the health food store charges body parts for their vitamins and I just wasn't feeling the $22 price tag. I'm going to start off less than 4000mg, probably go with 1/2 that and see if it helps (I'm headed into a bad season with my allergies, so it should be pretty obvious). I was diagnosed with dry eye like 3 years ago, I wonder why the doc didn't recommend it then? All I got was a free sample of eye drops and a coupon for more. They help but only for 3-4 hours at a time. I usually have watery eyes really bad at night, but I like to read before going to sleep, and once I put the drops in, it's like 15-20 min before I can see well enough to read. The whole thing just annoys me to no end.

01gt4.6 02-01-2012 01:51 AM

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...t46/3count.jpg
Health and Fitness

1. Lose 3 pounds: (starting at 184.6)
2. Calorie deficient of 3k: -521, -482
3. Workout 3 times: day off, yes
4. Walk 3 times for at least 3 miles each: day off, day off
5. 3 servings of fruit and veggies: yes, yes
6. Drink 3 liters of water: yes, yes
7. Fish oil 3 times per day: yes, yes

Non Health and Fitness
8. Write 3 policies: 0, 0
9. 3 Random acts of kindness: 0, 0

I am bloated and my stomach is cramping. It can only be one of two things. Dear God, I play that it's not my TOTM. I have policies to write, I don't want to be stuck in bed all day watching LMN or The Notebook! :D

Darlene, very cute pup. Looks like a baby polar bear.

Kim, thanks. Since I have to cut way back on deadlifts and squats, its nice to be able to add some decent weight to the bar every now and then.

Mern, that's awesome news. I know that's not what you were hoping for. Maybe one day you'll get your Rx for medical marijuana. ;) j/k

zyxst, I feel your pain, trust me. Like Mern said, we'll be here when your computer issues are fixed.

wildbeanerz 02-01-2012 02:29 AM

Thanks to all for the concern. We need all the well wishes we can get right now. I know that I am being vague but what is going on is a very serious and personal situation that I am worried about putting out in the public. It does involve what has been going on with my son though.

I stayed up this morning and put in a nice hour long workout. It wasn't as vigorous as usual but it felt good to get it in. Yesterday was also the first day in about a week that I met my 100oz of water. I am on track to do that again today.

Darlene ... your new puppy is just adorable! I have always had big dogs too and wouldn't know what to do with one that little.

Mike...Congrats on your new PR!

Tori...you seem to have really found your groove lately!

Amy...your bunny story brightened my mood for a while. That is too funny! ... We had a condom demonstration with our oldest about two months ago. And a trip to Walmart to buy his first pack of them too. This was brought on by his gf (also 14yrs old) and him sneaking out to spend some alone time on gram's back porch at 5am and being caught while she was nekkid! It was only 35 degrees outside! :eek: ...we have always followed the rule of answer what they ask without giving too much info and if they need more they will ask for more.

Mern...I am so happy to read about your eyes! Seems eating well has many more benefits for our bodies than just looking good!

fit4luv 02-01-2012 02:29 AM

FitDay Challenge Check-In 4 Tues

FitDay Challenge
Check-In: Mon -Tues
Daily = x6 wkly . . . Cushion Day = SUN

~*~Wed Mission~*~ Log in before each meal/snack.

FIT
FOCUS {1}
*Audio Bible (10 Chapt.) = 5

INTAKE {2}
*Veg (4 servings Low Carb daily) = Yes -Yes

*Water (32 oz daily)= Yes - Yes

TRAIN {2}
*Aerobic (150") = 60"
*Pedometer (12 mile) = 3.1 mi
*Strength Training = ON HOLD 'til back is better.

DAY - wkly
DAZZLE *Clean/Declutter (FlyLady Zones - 1' 15") =

ADMINISTRATE *Paper Trail (25") =

YARD (Outside) *Clean (20") =

I'll comment later. :)

jbuschur 02-01-2012 02:29 AM

Tuesday Check in

Good morning everyone,

Not such a great day yesterday, calories were a little high but still within range. At least it was good quality food, lentils, quinoa, lots of fruit and veggies. Didn't get my treadmill in in the am, I slept horribly and I was afraid getting up that hour early would make it rough during my super long day. Back on track with that tomorrow.

1200-1400 cals 1220, 1328
80 oz water64 oz, 40 oz :(
Treadmill T-Th-Sat T-N
5000 steps on non TM days 3491, 3891
8000 steps on TM days
Weights and Floor Exercises at least 3 times.No, No
Post here every day Yes, Yes

Clearly the most important thing for me is exercise, I will focus on that the rest of the week.

Darlene, Kaya is a little doll! Your kitties will accecpt her eventually, it will just take a few days!

Mern, we all have days like that, but way to be accountable, and today back on the wagon! Great news on your eye test, very glad to hear it!

Mike, good luck writing a ton of policies today, and I sure hope its not PMS! :)

Tori, try stuffing those turkey burgers with something yummy like a little bleu or goat cheese, salsa, or whatever, a little goes a long way

April, so sorry for what ever it is you're going thru, we are here if you ever want to vent, remember to take care of yourself, stress and worry can wreak havoc on your body, and it sneaks up on you, take care

Have a great day everyone!

Julie

ToriD1012 02-01-2012 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by dar n (Post 71145)
We have named her Kaya she is an 8 week old american eskimo/pom cross she should grow to be 15 to 18 lbs and 15-20" tall and I promised her I will never put her in silly dog clothes or put pink bows in her hair. This is my first small dog hubby and kids have always been about the large dogs so this little guy will be raised like hes a big dog:D

but you HAVE to put bows in her hair at least once! It's a requirement when you have a little dog with lots of hair! And then you have to post pics so we can all go "AAWWWWWWWW". It's just how it works.

Originally Posted by kimbur96 (Post 71167)
Tori Wow blast from the past with that song. I actually owned the cassette tape i believe. lol

I had the cassette too!!! We may only be able to blame it on the rain, but I blame Mike for getting the song stuck in my head. (and almost peeing my pants)

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 71173)
I am bloated and my stomach is cramping.[/COLOR] It can only be one of two things. Dear God, I pray that it's not my TOTM. I have policies to write, I don't want to be stuck in bed all day watching LMN or The Notebook! :D

even TOTM can't make me lay in bed and watch LMN or The Notebook. UGHH

ToriD1012 02-01-2012 02:51 AM

Amy-I've just now got around to reading your Birds & Bees & Rabbits story. It reminded me of a conversation I had with my SIL I think it was early last week. She's been telling my bro. that he needs to have "the talk" with my nephew, but my bro. pretty much kept kept ignoring her saying "he's only 10, it can wait". Well DN came in one day and said "Mama, I have some questions about the S-E-X (he spelled it because he thinks it's a bad word and he'd get in trouble) but I don't want to ask Daddy because I'm afraid he'll laugh at me". Well, she goes to bro and tells him again only stressing that now he's ASKING. So bro. sits down with him and the next thing you know he comes out dying laughing. When asked what was so funny he explained that DN asked the "How" of baby making and when told he responded with "I bet that feels GGGGOOODDDDDD!!!" Which is the exact opposite of the oldest girl's reaction of "He puts his what where?? I ain't ever doing that!!!"

wildbeanerz 02-01-2012 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 71180)
Amy-I've just now got around to reading your Birds & Bees & Rabbits story. It reminded me of a conversation I had with my SIL I think it was early last week. She's been telling my bro. that he needs to have "the talk" with my nephew, but my bro. pretty much kept kept ignoring her saying "he's only 10, it can wait". Well DN came in one day and said "Mama, I have some questions about the S-E-X (he spelled it because he thinks it's a bad word and he'd get in trouble) but I don't want to ask Daddy because I'm afraid he'll laugh at me". Well, she goes to bro and tells him again only stressing that now he's ASKING. So bro. sits down with him and the next thing you know he comes out dying laughing. When asked what was so funny he explained that DN asked the "How" of baby making and when told he responded with "I bet that feels GGGGOOODDDDDD!!!" Which is the exact opposite of the oldest girl's reaction of "He puts his what where?? I ain't ever doing that!!!"

http://www.gpsaustralia.net/forums/i...hysterical.gif

And that ladies & gentlemen is the difference between boys and girls!!!

ToriD1012 02-01-2012 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz (Post 71184)
http://www.gpsaustralia.net/forums/i...hysterical.gif

And that ladies & gentlemen is the difference between boys and girls!!!

Seriously, I was in TEARS when she was telling me this story! Of course, there was more that I didn't post because I didn't think it would be very family friendly. I told SIL that she needed to go ahead and be prepared to be a young grandmother LOL!!!

wildbeanerz 02-01-2012 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 71188)
Seriously, I was in TEARS when she was telling me this story! Of course, there was more that I didn't post because I didn't think it would be very family friendly. I told SIL that she needed to go ahead and be prepared to be a young grandmother LOL!!!

Maybe you should warn her what happens on the back porch when they turn 14!! :rolleyes: ... See my other post!