Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Old 01-29-2012, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dar n
Cassie In Canada we put an “L” on kids cars when they are learning to drive and all this tailgating talk got me thinking about how I seen the worse driving etiquette when I was teaching the kids to drive and the “L” was posted on the car, do you have a similar system.
Not as a rule, per se, but I'm sure if I looked I could find something to stick onto the back. I think I'll see if I can find something that looks like this:
Hope you enjoyed your walk; I know, turning down chocolate would be I for Impolite (get that one, Mike?).

Originally Posted by almeeker
And I'm a fat chick, who will eat darn near anything.
Quit, you. Get your mind in the right place. You're only a fat chick if you think you are.

Luv, great job this week! Lots of goals met

Mern, you did a great job in light of going out to brunch. My goal is to get a good, green week. I guess I want to be like you when I grow up! Hope you've enjoyed your weekend.

The boy drove us to the Mexican place and back (it's literally seven minutes away). My husband sat in the back with his iPod on and eyes closed. Some help he is! Not sure how to log, but I got a fish/shrimp dish and had about a third of a cup of rice, salad, and unfortunately chips and salsa. Now that I think about it, it will probably work out about the same as chicken pot pie...hmm. But I am on the scale tomorrow no matter what, so I'm hoping that will keep me in check tonight.

Well, it's back to work for me. Catch y'all later.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
That stuff is DISGUSTING!!! And I'm a fat chick, who will eat darn near anything. They were passing out samples of it at Sam's Club, and no lie I took one lick and was literally face down over the garbage can trying to scratch the flavor off my tongue.
Yeah but in a long race you may be begging for it.

Originally Posted by dar n

Mike I hope you can work through those aches and pains. You are making it hard for me to be lazy today. I haven’t walked yet but I will so far this week I am at 24.1k or 14.9m so yes your ahead right now.

I am off to walk I need to at least try to catch Mike and I need to burn off the 120 calories of British fruit chews I ate at church this morning, hey when a kid brings you candy from another country you have to eat it, right it's polite.
I did walk though the pains, thanks, now I'm just tired and sore. 14.9 is great, you've got more in you!

Originally Posted by fit4luv
Mike ~ I just keep chuckling at your poor expense. I keep picturing your dog & your shoes. I truly am sorry that happened to you.

Your post about your excuses & willpower is truly inspiring to me. I twisted my back last week with exercise (I should have known better), and am working to return to going back to exercise. I'm going to try to walk today.
I saw this smiley & thought of you, Mike ->
---------------------------------------------------
I feel like I'm fighting to keep focus with goals this week with my twisted/pulled back. Reading through posts here helps me to regain focus. I'm going to need to just see how much walking I can get in & forgoe (spell?) specific goals. I'll see if I can handle at least 1 mile per day & if at all possible more. My back was getting better, then yesterday I had to do some lifting.
Thanks Darlene, I like that Smiley. Don't feel bad for laughing at my expense, it is funny. I hope your back gets to feeling better!!

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, I hope your foot feels better soon. Aw, geez, your back, too! On the tailgating stories, all I can say is: oh my Lord--you're a brave soul! LOL Yeah, lucky neither had a gun! Yeah, I watched the PUK--I couldn't move like that if my life depended on it. LOL OMG, your willpower is incredible! Congrats on the miles you did again today!!! I'll bet your body will thank you for NOT adding the workout to the miles today.
Thanks Mern, I think I may take a nap soon and wake up a new man. I wish I could move like him too. I hope I have this same will power next week. You seem to be pretty consistent, I'm more hit and miss.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:42 AM
FitDay Member

I do believe that I'm gonna find some supper. Then, maybe just maybe get another mile or two in. UGHH sometimes I miss the fat(ter) lazy Tori......
Old 01-29-2012, 10:43 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone- had a quiet weekend- spent most of it catching up on sleep and rest. Today wasnt the best day though with food!
Was naughty and had a chocolate eclair plus i cooked a roast chicken and could i leave it alone?? NO!! I always end up eating too much of it before ive even put out my portion.
Hopefully i can do better over the next few days and still get a loss this week. Oh sometimes i hate weekends because it feels like this healthy eating is much more of a struggle. Just 5 days til the next one!!! Time to organise for it lol.
Its our family movie night this friday!!!
Old 01-29-2012, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Secks On Wheels! I'm not obsessing (too much) but I think I'm leaning towards the Blue & White now. And no, that's not where this bonus check is going.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fit4luv
Mike ~Your post about your excuses & willpower is truly inspiring to me. I twisted my back last week with exercise (I should have known better), and am working to return to going back to exercise. I'm going to try to walk today.
I saw this smiley & thought of you, Mike ->
Chica, don't be givin' him a bigger head that he's already got!! Pretty soon we're gonna have to be his back up dancers while he gets us to sing **what is it again????*
Old 01-29-2012, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
So, I was digging through some pics from this summer and found the pic on the left. Which made me want to cry, because this still wasn't my heaviest. God, the excuses I made!! I'm pleased to say that as of this morning I'm 42.6lbs lighter than I was the first Sunday in November. And I'm even more determined than I was that first day. Because looking at this pic has lit a fire that I don't think can be put out. I REFUSE to go back to that. Absolutely no way no how!! The only current pic I have is this one on the right, taken with my phone and not the best quality (I really need to get some new pics taken, I just hhhhaattee the camera unless I'm behind it) Gaahh, I'm not even sure I had a neck in pic 1......

I do believe that I'm gonna find some supper. Then, maybe just maybe get another mile or two in. UGHH sometimes I miss the fat(ter) lazy Tori......
Hush yo mouf!
Old 01-29-2012, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Chica, don't be givin' him a bigger head that he's already got!! Pretty soon we're gonna have to be his back up dancers while he gets us to sing **what is it again????*
No, I have a whole other set of dancers on standby. I'm good.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Secks On Wheels! I'm not obsessing (too much) but I think I'm leaning towards the Blue & White now. And no, that's not where this bonus check is going.
ooohhh PPPRRREEETTTTYYYYYYYY!!! **fanning myself a little** Back in my younger days I had a thing for guys on bikes. Now, I'm all UHUH pretty but scary!!!

Last edited by ToriD1012; 01-29-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Hush yo mouf!
I said that I sometimes missed her. I didn't say I wanted to be her anymore.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.