Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Old 01-23-2012, 09:51 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone- heres to a great week!!
Even though i feel shocking- been dosed up with lemsip and cough medicine all day- ive still eaten well. My boyfriend made me a lovely healthy dinner and he and the kiddies have been nursing me all day. Still had to work- just an hour a day and cos i only started 2 weeks i cant take a day off already- plus its just temp so i want to impress. Most of the kids were all off poorly including some staff. Hopefully it will clear up soon.

Ive been finding it easier when ive had my healthy snacks ready. I have the bad habit of snacking infront of tv on evenings which i have been slowly cutting down with. I have frozen grapes, banana and melon balls all in tubs in the freezer. They last for much longer being frozen and im able to keep cals low. Plus i save enough caories and make a fruit smoothie sometimes and drink it through a straw. Lovely to sooth this horrible sore throat too. I love nuts, crackers etc but i havent been buying anything that i know i will sit and eat by the packet. So i literally spend 3 hours on the weekly food shop searching the supermarket shelves for healthy snack alternatives.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Sooooo that's just been an empty threat?

Caught ya! You want it, don't ya? You're hankerin' for some kinky stuff, eh? Like an obese 65 year old in a dominatrix costume? Well, if nothing else, it'll get you in line!
Old 01-23-2012, 10:07 AM
FitDay Member

Tracey, hope you get well quickly,too. So nice that you have a BF who cooks--and a lovely healthy dinner at that. And how sweet that the kiddies are helping nurse you. Great point about keeping healthy snacks on hand! Frozen fruit is delicious! I'll get some melon and some strawberries tomorrow--and some skinless chicken to cook just for snacking. Here's a silly but delicious one--frozen green beans dipped in salad dressing--I like Ranch or bleu cheese dressing. I also keep unsalted almonds on hand--we have a warehouse type store here and I can get 3 lbs. for only a little over $10. I hope you enjoy your shopping trips.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Caught ya! You want it, don't ya? You're hankerin' for some kinky stuff, eh? Like an obese 65 year old in a dominatrix costume? Well, if nothing else, it'll get you in line!
Oh my I almost peed myself laughing, you are awesome!:
Old 01-23-2012, 10:36 AM
FitDay Member

Leslie Welcome nice looking goals. Try your water in different ways I thought I didn’t like water turned out I don’t like cold water, I have no problems getting my 12 glasses of room temp water drank a day.

April I was hoping to hear this week but the longer this drags out the more I am doubting whether it’s the right fit. I submitted my resume to another company on Friday so I am just waiting and I keep checking for new opportunities I don’t want to just take any job I want it to be the right job.

Julie Welcome! I second Merns comment on sodium it really effects my weight loss and its hidden in crazy places my salsa which I put on eggs and in wraps has been killing my salt goals so now I am out looking for a low salt organic salsa.

Tori Do you have soup? Its my go to food when I am starving it seems to really fill me up and the calories are manageable.

Mern Nicely said! I never thought when I logged on to talk about my food plan I would make good friends that I actually leaned on when my life got really hard.

Kay Wow 100% even on a multiple choice is still fantastic! Sorry to hear you are not feeling well.

Tracey Sorry you are still so sick, enjoy the hubby and kid pampering it’s nice they are nursing you back to health. Good job on keeping your calories in tack while sick I don’t do very well at that so way to go!

I didn't think my hike through very well it snowed here on the weekend we only got about 3" in town yes the in town part being the clue to how it went. The lake we hike is about 6 miles up the mountain it didn't look bad where we parked but when we got to the back side it was a sheet of ice covered with snowy parts we figured we could do it, the hills got really challenging but we were 3/4's of the way around so we kept going. My poor hiking partner has bad ankles so her balance is bad so she ended up on her bottom multiple times I managed to stay on my feet but it took us an extra 35min to walk but with how slow we moved it probably didn't burn a ton of calories so on Thursday we will be walking the waterfront not the lake.
I took out chicken for dinner but I do not know what I want to do with it I am really getting tired of chicken, Got any ideas?

Last edited by dar n; 01-23-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Old 01-23-2012, 11:19 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Mern
OMG, I just woke up the dead (well the folks down the hall) with my laughing. Too, too, funny Madame

Tori Do you have soup? Its my go to food when I am starving it seems to really fill me up and the calories are manageable.

I didn't think my hike through very well it snowed here on the weekend we only got about 3" in town yes the in town part being the clue to how it went. The lake we hike is about 6 miles up the mountain it didn't look bad where we parked but when we got to the back side it was a sheet of ice covered with snowy parts we figured we could do it, the hills got really challenging but we were 3/4's of the way around so we kept going. My poor hiking partner has bad ankles so her balance is bad so she ended up on her bottom multiple times I managed to stay on my feet but it took us an extra 35min to walk but with how slow we moved it probably didn't burn a ton of calories so on Thursday we will be walking the waterfront not the lake.
I took out chicken for dinner but I do not know what I want to do with it I am really getting tired of chicken, Got any ideas?
Tori, I second Darlene's suggestion... soup

Darlene, wow glad you got back safely! What an adventure. One for the next round of story telling w/friends and family.

I am about to get my goals posted. They'll look just like last weeks.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by leslieiwhiteside
Well like all of you I reached my IM SICK OF IT bottom.. and this last weekend pledged to get healthy... I like the ideas of starting with goals.. So I will start mine with simple goals..

1. drink water.. any water..(hate water)
2 keep calories right at 1200
3. work out for an hour 5 times this week
4. weigh daily and post it.. yikes...
5. NO DR PEPPER.. this is going to be extremely hard!!!
6. Lose 3 pounds..

Household..
Do 45 min a night of house cleaning...
Get laundry togerther and folded!!!

let's see how I will do.. I will need lots of support.. to be honest this is tough i am dedicated but goodness these cravings are no joke...

Thanks all of you guys!!!
One day at a time -- and sometimes one minute at a time. The more I fill up on the good stuff, the less of bad stuff goes in. It helps me to think what MORE can I do/have, then the idea of deprivation does not take as much root.

I've been focusing on more Non-starchy vegetables. I battle with non-healthy foods - it's tough. But as I put more non-starchy veg in my body, I have less room for the not so healthy foods. Hopefully, this is an encouragement for you.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:32 AM
FitDay Member

Well, today I was snowed in... literally. They haven't gotten around to plowing our road out yet. Soooo, I spent the afternoon in the kitchen making homemade wheat bread, which blew 2 of my goals!

1. Calories at or below 1200. 1325
2. 80 oz of fluids, minimum. Yes
3. Take vitamins. Yes
4. Limit bread.
5. MINIMUM 3 fruits and veggies a day. 4
Old 01-23-2012, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Me, too...and then she follows it up with this perfectly normal, insightful post...oh, geez, I'm dying here!

Welcome, Leslie and Julie. Good to have you both along for the ride on the roller coaster.

Tori, soup sounds great. Do you have leftover chicken? Quickie recipe...grab some chicken broth and a can of tomato soup, red pepper, black pepper, chunk up the chicken, throw in any veggies you can find, add rice or noodles if you want, and dinner is served.

Darlene, one of my favorite ways to do chicken is to put in the crock pot, dump a jar of salsa on it, and let it cook, then shred it and make taco salad, tacos, burritos, whatever you like with it. I also do a light version of chicken and dumplings with added veggies that's pretty tasty.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.