Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Old 01-29-2012, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
LOL, sorry dude, but it made me laugh. At least your pee shoes have your own pee in them, it could have been worse, just ask Tori.
no DOUBT! although, had I peed my own shoes, I still would have thrown them out. **silent tears for my tossed out peed on peep toes** I should have had a memorial service
If it's that cold, maybe you need to focus on pulling up your big girl long johns, panties aren't going to do the job at all.
omg, it dips below 40 and I go no where.....I'm just not made of the right stuff to live anywhere but the south.
Originally Posted by kimbur96
you all are some prolific posters. it's going to to take me a while to catch up. I feel like I Love Lucy in the episode where she works at the candy factory and the candies are flying by here faster than she can deal with them..lol. But I'll try to catch up.
sometimes I can't keep up either. I'll try and give you the recap of my week so you don't have to waste your time going back and reading. I thrive on competition, Mike found this out and has been raggin me about getting off my lazy ass and doing more. So, it's been a lot of back and forth. We discussed King Cake for a while. Umm, and there's this crazy thing about a bet during Mardi Gras. I'm still not clear on the conditions, or what I get when I win, maybe I need to go back and reread. That's about all with me. See, now you can skip any posts that I've made all week.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
What they said must not have been good b/c usually when someone knows a little Spanish, it's the bad words.
All the Spanish I know I learned from Dora the Explorer, not Diego, he talks to fast.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

That actually depends on the cat. I used to have two cats, one walked on a leash just like a dog, sniffing stuff and chasing other peoples' cats, etc. He could "heel", "sit", "shake" and "stay" on command, although he never got "bark" down pat. The other cat liked to go for a walk too, but insisted on riding across my shoulders. Thankfully she wasn't a bobcat or a puma, just a 10lb, lazy, long haired, brown striped, tabby.
Jas doesn't do well on the leash, but she's got all the other doggie qualities going for her. Sometimes I think she barks too. She's not much of a walker, but she does like to look out the window while we're driving. I'm tempted to buy her a doggie car seat and hook her harness to the seatbelt. But then that crosses into Crazy Cat Lady territory......
Old 01-29-2012, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kay_in_PA
Thanks for the laugh Mike. If you only knew . . .
That's what I was thinking too, as you're clearly a red head.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Mike Bacon grease hmm I never think of saving that how do you store it?
Oh honey, this is not information you need, just remain ignorant of the pertinent facts. Trust me.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Jas doesn't do well on the leash, but she's got all the other doggie qualities going for her. Sometimes I think she barks too. She's not much of a walker, but she does like to look out the window while we're driving. I'm tempted to buy her a doggie car seat and hook her harness to the seatbelt. But then that crosses into Crazy Cat Lady territory......
Ah yes, but crazy cat ladies are usually very happy. If you want a cat harness for the car, I say get one. Of course after the "kitty cat mani-pedi" I'm not so sure the cat is crazy about all of your ideas, so you might want to hold off for a bit. LOL.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:17 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, kudos on your 5 mile run/brisk walk! SUPER job on calories, exercise, water, logging. I'll bet those glowing achievements made up all the red in your "no treats masquerading as snacks" goal. And I totally agree with you on rethinking that for next week. Yours was more strict than my "no cheat foods at all even if they fit into my target numbers." I don't count my two usual two packets a day of artificial sweetener and my two allowed Sugar Free Hershey's Dark Chocolate Miniatures as cheat foods because I built them into my plan to help keep myself from feeling deprived and cheating big time. (And probably the only reason I did so well this week on that goal was because I was making myself earn that Cracker Barrel breaded cod on Friday.) Maybe when you have a few minutes free time you could make a list of things you consider safe to enjoy--maye a good/better/best list.

Tori, congrats on surpassing your walking goal this week and on your wonderful weight loss this week! I had to laugh at your "brake checking" the guy tailgaiting you. I'm 65 but I'm not one of those old people who drive way under the speed limit--I drive the speed limit. I don't have running lights on my car so if it's daylight and someone is tailgaiting me, I turn on my lights on and off and the tailgater thinks I'm hitting my brakes. Fun to see them drop back a few times as I continue at my same speed. LOL If it's night and I'm driving the speed limit, I'm alone in the car and someone is tailgaiting me, I brake check.

Darlene, glad your strawberries were good. I love the Food Network--I use their website a lot for recipes. Fantastic Saturday report! You did great all week! DH loves stuff with bacon grease added for flavor--like fried cabbage, green beans, or baked beans. I keep it stored in a covered glass jar in the fridge--melts so easily.

Darlene and Tori, I'm a lasagna lover, too. Dreamfields (low net digestible/effective carb pasta) makes lasagna noodles but none of the stores around here sell it. THAT'S gonna be my incentive for clean eating next week. I said I was going to think of non-food rewards for myself, but I really would love to make a pan of lasagna, especially since Dreamfields tastes exactly like full carb pasta. So I'm going to go online after I finish this post and order some if I can find reasonable shipping charges. I can make low carb legal pasta dishes that fit into my plan of just 25 net carbs per day because I have no problem with eating just half a portion of the pasta dish at a time.

Mike, I love lasagna with hamburger, but I've also had some that used zucchini and onions and it was really delicious.

Pam, I'm glad you got your trees trimmed and chipped as you wanted. Good luck with your paper. Congrats on each of the greens in your Saturday report.

Amy, thanks for the chuckles over your replies to Quinn about the long johns and Mike about the pee shoes, and learning Spanish from Dora but not from Diego.

Kim, great job on your Friday report and you are right that your 2 lbs. regained may be water retention. You gotta eat 7000 calories more than you burn to gain 2 lbs. I'll bet you'll make up for it today. I'm up a pound and a half today and I know it's from the Italian sausage and turkey deli meat I ate yesterday. I'm not worried about it--like you, I'm going to try to make up for it today. I weighed 212 yesterday and was going to officially change my current weight in my signature--but if I'm good today, maybe I can do that tomorrow. "Prolific posters" is such a kind way of putting it. Seriously, though, don't feel pressured to read and reply to every post. It's just impossible. You can skip all my posts this week, too, when you try to catch up. Like I told Mike yesterday when he mentioned trying to catch up, all he needed to know about me, despite all my posts, was that I'm doing well, have been really busy with family life, and that my DH passed his heart test with flying colors. I often have to just skim to see if anyone addressed me personally and reply only to those members. And then I say I'm having a hard time keeping up and if anyone was expecting a reply and didn't get one, please let me know.

Last edited by Mern; 01-29-2012 at 02:25 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:21 AM
FitDay Member

So, I was digging through some pics from this summer and found the pic on the left. Which made me want to cry, because this still wasn't my heaviest. God, the excuses I made!! I'm pleased to say that as of this morning I'm 42.6lbs lighter than I was the first Sunday in November. And I'm even more determined than I was that first day. Because looking at this pic has lit a fire that I don't think can be put out. I REFUSE to go back to that. Absolutely no way no how!! The only current pic I have is this one on the right, taken with my phone and not the best quality (I really need to get some new pics taken, I just hhhhaattee the camera unless I'm behind it) Gaahh, I'm not even sure I had a neck in pic 1......

Last edited by ToriD1012; 01-29-2012 at 02:25 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

You people are insanely chatty this week. I'm off for one day and have to read like 12-14 pages to catch up. Bah, DH is in the other room hollering "Are you done yet", and I'm like "um, no give me another few minutes, I've just got 3 pages left". Hahaha. Well the last couple of days were pretty crazy. DH took the girls skiing on Friday night with the Ski Club, they got home at 11:30pm, and I spent most of that time cleaning. Yesterday I got up before 5:00am, packed the car up and at 6:15 we took off for a rabbit show in a snowstorm. We had to be checked in by 8:00am. Anyway to make a long story short, the girls showed their bunnies, our best rabbit did not appeal to the judge, so didn't even place. The other two rabbits we took did fairly well and we ended up buying a dutch buck named Alfie. He's not as pretty as he could be, but he's got a body on him that makes all the girls go "ooooh". And he's beautifully sweet. Hopefully he'll pan out for a breed buck, and his off-spring will inherit his body, and their mamma's gorgeous markings.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

Ah yes, but crazy cat ladies are usually very happy. If you want a cat harness for the car, I say get one. Of course after the "kitty cat mani-pedi" I'm not so sure the cat is crazy about all of your ideas, so you might want to hold off for a bit. LOL.
LMAO!! Yeah, my ideas usually aren't her cup of tea. But she loves her momma anyway. I think I'll wait til her birthday to get the carseat. And before any macho dog lovin man comments, YES I know her birthday.....

Originally Posted by Mern
Tori, congrats on surpassing your walking goal this week and on your wonderful weight loss this week! I had to laugh at your "brake checking" the guy tailgaiting you. I'm 65 but I'm not one of those old people who drive way under the speed limit--I drive the speed limit. I don't have running lights on my car so if it's daylight and someone is tailgaiting me, I turn on my lights on and off and the tailgater thinks I'm hitting my brakes. Fun to see them drop back a few times as I continue at my same speed. LOL If it's night and I'm driving the speed limit, I'm alone in the car and someone is tailgaiting me, I brake check.
Thanks Mern!! I loathe people tailgating me on the interstate. I'm usually one of the ones in the fast lane going 15 to 20 over the limit, so really there should never be an issue with me being tailgated. But this guy was all over my bumper. I'm pretty sure he could see what was in my cargo space. Unfortunately I do have running lights, so I actually have to brake check. Back in my college years I was horrible about not wearing my seat belt, and told one guy that if he ever was behind a red Nissan and the girl driving started to reach for her seatbelt, then he needed to back off 'cause he was about to get brake checked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.