Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Old 01-28-2012, 03:12 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Mern: I find it hilarious that Mike is worried about you whipping him when I'm the one who has performed in a dungeon before
mh, go for it again, then, and enjoy! LOL

Tori, lots of whips around the stable, eh? Mike had better watch it or else we'll be knocking those pimp canes/sticks out of his hand!

Darlene, I hope you enjoy both the strawberries AND the magazine.

Mike, wow, 10 miles is really IMPRESSIVE, to say the least! Yeah, it would be better to buy those new running shoes now to give yourself plenty of time to break them in before the half marathon. If I went out to the woods and ran into a wild animal, I don't think I'd be concerned about it peeing on my shoe, but rather eating me for a snack! Thanks for your encouragement on my very green reports this week.

Kay! Wow, congrats on that treadmill walk today and on all the miles you did earlier this week, too!
Old 01-28-2012, 03:20 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Don't let the cackling hens here corrupt you, you seem so nice so far!
Thanks for the laugh Mike. If you only knew . . .
Old 01-28-2012, 03:22 PM
FitDay Member

I think next week I'm going to buy some new shoes. This should give me time to break them in before the 1/2 marathon.

I'm glad ole Steggie had a play date, did you take him walking... as PROMISED?
Try Asics. They. Are. Wonderful. I refuse to run in anything but.

Yup. Did a good 2 miles (his vet recommended max) yesterday & will finish him off with a nice half mile today. He's stiff from playing, but the exercise should help him sleep. :/
Old 01-28-2012, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Try Asics. They. Are. Wonderful. I refuse to run in anything but.

Yup. Did a good 2 miles (his vet recommended max) yesterday & will finish him off with a nice half mile today. He's stiff from playing, but the exercise should help him sleep. :/
Good. I probably should be taking Chloe' for long walks. The vet told me that she seems to have a little arthritis. Yesterday when I took her for a walk she started limping. After a few miles, she started walking normal.

April, what do you recommend that I give to Chloe' for her joints?

Kay, Oh no, there goes the neighborhood.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:02 PM
FitDay Member

Good. I probably should be taking Chloe' for long walks. The vet told me that she seems to have a little arthritis. Yesterday when I took her for a walk she started limping. After a few miles, she started walking normal.
Yeah. I had Steg x-rayed & he has severe hip dysplacia on both sides.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:23 PM
FitDay Member

Suggestions??? Walk more, if not YOU ARE GOING DOWN!
suggestions on dinner, smart ass.

So, my cousin/(non)workout buddy SWEARS she's gonna walk with me tomorrow. She said something about going to the park and hitting the walking trail. But I'll have to see it to believe it. She's bailed on me for 2 weeks now, so I'm not holding my breath. Either way, with a high of like 60* tomorrow, and no chance of rain I have to make myself get outside earlier than 8pm. I don't really have any household stuff to do, other than start packing what little I don't already have in storage. And then cook dinner for Momma and Daddy. But otherwise, it's a free day. Not sure how many miles I'll get in, but I will get SOME in, and that's all that really counts. I don't care what Mike says
Old 01-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quick check-in; home late and tired.

1. 1350 calories max. 896, 1368, 1326, 1772, 1233, 1239
2. Exercise 6 times. One, Two, Three, Four
3. At least 2 sports bottles water. Yes, Yes, Yes, No, but lots of herbal tea, Just missed, Yes
4. Log everything and post that number! Yes, Pretty sure I left out some cough drops,, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. No treats masquerading as snacks, even if they fit the numbers (thanks, Mern!). None, 2 peppermints and some (organic ) cinnamon cereal, None, homemade granola bar and Annie's Organic Bunnies , I had frozen yogurt , Um, no and I will rethink this for next week. I get to feeling too deprived and then I rebound into even naughtier foods.

Life:
1. Organize/put away items in guest room. Put away but I may rearrange
2. Stay on schedule with work reports. Yes, Nope, but beyond my control, Still catching up, Almost caught up
3. Research and order faucets. Not yet
4. Write card for pediatrician. Not yet
5. Be patient, be patient, be patient. So far, so good! Immensely, don't know where it came from, Yes, One teensy, weensy bit of frustration right before sending the boy off to bed; his OCD was showing...AGAIN, Absolutely, and circumstances are crazy, so I'm pretty proud of this one, Yes, and we went on REAL ROADS today .

Also, I got my butt back out on the trail today and ran/brisk walked 5 miles. Felt good!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 01-28-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
suggestions on dinner, smart ass.
Oh I'm sorry, I hear that Outback has a nice Walkabout Soup.

Menu - Outback Steakhouse
Old 01-28-2012, 04:31 PM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness
1--under 1300 calories--the year Columbus sailed the ocean blue....1492, 1098, 1302 I'm countin it!, 1015, 1204, 783
2--drink more water--not setting an actual goal for oz, seems to get me frazzled if I don't make it. So I'm just gonna say, drink more water.--almost through with 48 oz. Might not make it tonight, but closer than last week, pretty much the same. downed a liter while walking though, another liter while walking. Maybe tomorrow I'll carry 2 bottles with me!not sure if I even DRANK water today...oh yeah I did. At lunch and at my bro's, not sure how much though--oh yeahhhh, 66 oz today!!! uuummmmmmmm
3--walk at least 10 miles--now that I've strapped on my "walking shoes" I'm kinda liking it. Gives me time to think (scary huh??? )--rained. all. day., 2.06, 3.01--I saw some animals pairing up and looking for the ark--5.04 for the day!--1.51 today = 11.65 so far, wonder how many I can do tomorrow?????
4--work out 4 times--I'm gonna hit this goal this week if it KILLS ME!!!--took the day off, nooooo, ummmmmmm I'm gonna knock this one out the next 4 days! sometimes even the best laid plans don't work. by the time I got the DVD player hooked up it was 11:00 and I HAVE to get some sleep tonight. If I work out now I'll be up til 3!! I'll get up early in the morning and knock one out--SCREW IT, I GOT GOADED INTO EXTRA WALKIN
5--another 2??? Starting weight Monday morning--215.6, up exactly a pound this morning at 216.6, back down *yay* weighed in at 214.2 this morning **WHOOP WHOOP**, 214.6 so a little up from yesterday but still down for the week, 213.2 (is what it said this morning, this evening it was 213.0 but i go by morning numbers), 212.4

Life/Home
1--clean out home office--EEEEHHHHH who needs a cleaned and straightened home office??
DONE!!2--get by WalMart and buy cables to hook up DVD player--DONE
3--stop worrying about it. It's gonna happen whether I want it to or not--eeehhhh, I took a 2 hour nap where I didn't think about or worry about it at all, tried my best, thought about then went walking and thought about it some more. finally made a decision about it, second guessing my decision (sometimes I hate being a Libra)--sticking with decision #1 and moving next month
4--call Dr. about blood work and asthma meds--MUST. DO. THIS. BEFORE MEDS RUN OUT!!!
5--scout out a new eye dr.--don't ya love when the insurance stops paying for you to see the same dr. you've seen for 7 years!!! And he was cute....sigh, stupid insurance--I don't WANNA new doctor!!!
6--research hotels for Mardi Gras.....otherwise we might be asking if we can sleep in someone's recently cleaned out garage , really started to look haven't settled on anything yet, looked at a few today (thanks for the info Mike) and one is ruled out because they don't have any rooms with 2 double beds, the other two are up for consideration, settling on something this weekend
7--4 random acts of kindness. I like this goal, had to steal it--does being polite to the worthless manager count? no?? well, still 4 more to go then., I didn't kill the grouchy old man who was wandering through my stock room yelling at ME because he couldn't find the squash. THAT'S an act of kindness, I cooked for my Momma and Daddy, I so totally held the door open for this little old couple at Subway, nuttin today, hmmmm I didn't brake check the guy tailgating me.

Takin the heating pad and hittin the hay. Night John Boy!!
Old 01-28-2012, 04:33 PM
FitDay Member

Oh I'm sorry, I hear that Outback has a nice Walkabout Soup.

Menu - Outback Steakhouse
pppffftttt! Outback pppfffttt

I COOK on Sunday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.