Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Old 01-23-2012, 05:59 AM
FitDay Member

Tori Awesome weight loss!! I need to stay fired up this week so I am in and exercise focused.

Mern I hope playing with your protein helps its funny how foods affect us all differently I need to remove the sugar/ grains that’s found its way back into my life (granola bars, cereal, sauces, breads) all seem to be playing havoc with my diet.

Amy I agree cleaning the ski stuff would probably be easier without the kids. I had a nice kid moment this morning I woke up to the smell of coffee and was thinking my dd must be getting company and it turns out she just thought I would appreciate my coffee made.

Fit4luv Good fitness goals. How do you get in 1st place with your group?

Lizzie You are telling my story I am determined to break the post-Christmas slump this week before its February.

Kay Get well soon!

Joanna Yeah to goals!

Mh I am with Amy when you figure this out I too will pay big bucks for the secret.

Mike Lol.

Quinn What a great way to start a week, enjoy your day.

April You are on fire, great job again!!!

Cassie Sorry to hear about your pediatrician and obviously friend, I hope your son can find someone new you both can connect with and I think sending a card is a wonderful idea.

Terrie Thanks you and me both! I am wishing you and bf great success in your job hunts, keep us posted.

Off to hike I will check back in later. Have a great day.

Goals:
Walk 25k:
Exercise 5 days:
Squats 5 days:
Ab work 5 days:
Calories less than 1400:
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week:
No sugar:
Old 01-23-2012, 06:10 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up just keep swimming.. Totally in for this week ...

Well like all of you I reached my IM SICK OF IT bottom.. and this last weekend pledged to get healthy... I like the ideas of starting with goals.. So I will start mine with simple goals..

1. drink water.. any water..(hate water)
2 keep calories right at 1200
3. work out for an hour 5 times this week
4. weigh daily and post it.. yikes...
5. NO DR PEPPER.. this is going to be extremely hard!!!
6. Lose 3 pounds..

Household..
Do 45 min a night of house cleaning...
Get laundry togerther and folded!!!

let's see how I will do.. I will need lots of support.. to be honest this is tough i am dedicated but goodness these cravings are no joke...

Thanks all of you guys!!!
Old 01-23-2012, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

April: I tend to pick which ever will not punish me for lack of attendance. For Phi Sig I now have a committee that I can delegate to, for Crew I can do my workouts in the morning & hopefully just report back to the Novice Coach what my times & rates were, and then for Gamma Sig, I just have to dedicate a solid 5 hours to writing cards & finalizing events. Then I can sleep. I CAN DO IT!!!!
Old 01-23-2012, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

Terri ... I am so glad to see you back and energetic about it! .. I wish your bf the best of luck in his job search and I hope you get the news that you want from your interview.

Darlene ... Speaking of interviews...when will you hear the results of yours?

Cassie ... My boys dr(s) have been doctors since I was born! They have added to the practice and they rotate who you get to see but on the occassions that we still see the two founders it is special. They are really great guys and if I ever doubt what one of the newer ones is saying I ask for one of them to look at it too. ... It is a stressful time trying to move them to a different doctor / dentist when the one they are with has been it since birth. That is how ours are too. I think it is sweet to send him a card.

Leslie ... Welcome! Nice goals! Jump in and post often. That is what seems to help me the most is feeling accountable to the group to do well and post so they can see how well I have done. But they are there for me if I don't do well too. Pushing or pulling me back up on the wagon!
Old 01-23-2012, 06:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
April: I tend to pick which ever will not punish me for lack of attendance. For Phi Sig I now have a committee that I can delegate to, for Crew I can do my workouts in the morning & hopefully just report back to the Novice Coach what my times & rates were, and then for Gamma Sig, I just have to dedicate a solid 5 hours to writing cards & finalizing events. Then I can sleep. I CAN DO IT!!!!
I have faith in you. With your energy and positive attitude ... YOU CAN DO IT!!!![/QUOTE]
Old 01-23-2012, 06:26 AM
FitDay Member

April. Wooooo. Fantastic loss, well done.

Mike. Love The Count, themes are good.

Quinn. We can "Whack the Weekend" it'll just take a little planning.

Mern. It's great that you've lost the holiday gain, I'm sure the rest will follow. Give yourself a good treat next week, you deserve it.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
I always like taco salad.
Yummmm, me too!
Old 01-23-2012, 06:38 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Can I join in?

Hi there everyone,

I've been reading all your posts for a while now and I find them all so inspirational and helpful, I would love to start posting here as well. I'm hardly "new" at this, I've lost, and gained, 50+ pounds a couple times now and I have been logging food here on fitday for several years now. I've always felt I knew what to do, and when I was "on program" the weight came off fairly easily. But, this time what worked before just isn't working for me. I am 47 now, so that may have something to do with it, but I am very frustrated. Here is a normal week for me, and I have been very faithful since the first of the year, but no loss yet, not even a pound.

1200-1400 cals per day, closer to 1200 most every day
45-55 mins on the treadmill every other morning
64 oz water every day at least.

I'm not giving up, I know that it is harder to lose after 40, but if any of you have had a similar problem and was able to overcome it I would love any advice and/or suggestions you may have. Thanks in advance!

Julie
Old 01-23-2012, 06:52 AM
FitDay Member

Julie, we're always happy to welcome new members to our group. I also have logged on FitDay for many years before joining the forums and have regained the same weight over and over. Many of us here have noticed how much harder it is to take off the weight as we get older--metabolisms slowing and all that stuff. I haven't been losing lately, either and decided to bump up my protein. Are you doing low carb, low fat, or just good old fashioned low calorie?
Old 01-23-2012, 06:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Thank you for responding Mern! It is comforting to know I'm not alone! I'm doing low fat and low calorie really, focusing on lean meats, lots of fruits and vegetables and whole grains.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.