Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Old 01-24-2012, 03:56 PM
FitDay Member

Today was the exact opposite of yesterday. I wasn't really hungry all day, and had to force myself to eat. I know that I have to eat to lose weight, I just didn't feel like it. Had an another unexpected dinner out. My mom called and was upset (for the life of me I don't know why though, cause when I picked her up she was fine). So we did dinner at her favorite restaurant, which I would have been stoked about before. Now it was a challenge finding something to order. And the waitress kept looking at me like I was from Neptune because I kept asking "is that cooked in butter?" I settled for a grilled chicken salad, chicken grilled w/o any added oils or fats and had the dressing on the side. Unfortunately this was one of those restaurants that make their own salad dressings, so I know that it was full of calories, so I only used half of it and logged it as best I could. I'm slightly under calories today, so I guess that almost makes up for my snafu from yesterday.

I PROMISE that tomorrow is the day that I'm gonna catch up with everyone's posts. I'm off and have no major plans other than getting Jasmine's nails done, so I should have plenty of time.

Health/Fitness
1--under 1300 calories--the year Columbus sailed the ocean blue....1492, 1098
2--drink more water--not setting an actual goal for oz, seems to get me frazzled if I don't make it. So I'm just gonna say, drink more water.--almost through with 48 oz. Might not make it tonight, but closer than last week, pretty much the same. downed a liter while walking though
3--walk at least 10 miles--now that I've strapped on my "walking shoes" I'm kinda liking it. Gives me time to think (scary huh??? )--rained. all. day., 2.06
4--work out 4 times--I'm gonna hit this goal this week if it KILLS ME!!!--took the day off, nooooo
5--another 2??? Starting weight Monday morning--215.6, up exactly a pound this morning at 216.6

Life/Home
1--clean out home office--Wednesday
2--get by WalMart and buy cables to hook up DVD player--didn't get it done today
3--stop worrying about it. It's gonna happen whether I want it to or not--eeehhhh, I took a 2 hour nap where I didn't think about or worry about it at all, tried my best
4--call Dr. about blood work and asthma meds--Wednesday
5--scout out a new eye dr.--don't ya love when the insurance stops paying for you to see the same dr. you've seen for 7 years!!! And he was cute....sigh, stupid insurance--Wednesday
6--research hotels for Mardi Gras.....otherwise we might be asking if we can sleep in someone's recently cleaned out garage , really started to look haven't settled on anything yet.
7--4 random acts of kindness. I like this goal, had to steal it--does being polite to the worthless manager count? no?? well, still 4 more to go then., I didn't kill the grouchy old man who was wandering through my stock room yelling at ME because he couldn't find the squash. THAT'S an act of kindness.

It's bedtime for Bonzo. PEACE!!!!!!

Last edited by ToriD1012; 01-24-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:27 PM
FitDay Member

Quinn the site has been giving me grief all evening also.

Mern Nice week so far!

CassieI I think you did amazing with your goals considering you had a horrible day, sleep well cyber hugs to you!

Tori Enjoy your day off.

I managed to get on the treadmill and plug out 4.8k so I feel good about taking my cup of tea and sitting on the computer for the rest of the evening. Have a great night everyone.

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=6.2k, T=4.8k
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike, T=Treadmill
Squats 5 days: M=50, T=50
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1281, T=1123
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-1002, T=-894
No sugar: M=Y, T=Y
Old 01-24-2012, 11:41 PM
FitDay Member

AT 7:30 this morning I'm having the same internal server and database errors I had last night. I had a decent night's sleep for the third day in a row. Really unusual for me--it's broken sleep as always, but I've awakened feeling nicely refreshed. I don't know what's making the difference but whatever it is, I hope it sticks around. LOL

Cassie, that was quite a list of bad encounters yesterday! I sure do hope that eventually venting (as much as you felt comfortable doing) helped a litle. So are most of those behind you now? What was the diagnosis on your son's limping? Is the vertigo you or Jazz? If you, do you think the stress caused the vertigo or is it from a physical cause. You did a fantastic job with your food and fitness yesterday and for the life of me, I can't figure how anyone could remain patient yesterday with that same list of stress factors. I think my head would have exploded! If you have even just a few minutes of free time today, use it to do something nice to pamper yourself--even just close your eyes, think of some wonderful experience you had in the past, and try to truly delight in that. "When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad." Sometimes it actually helps--even if for just a few minutes.

Tori, you did a great job at the restaurant yesterday! And you're doing really good on your water. I like how you're handling just getting in "more." On not killing the old man looking for squash--yeah, that WAS an act of kindness! Hee Hee Hee. I hope you really enjoy your day off. Although I've been really yacky, I didn't say anything earth shattering for the past few days, so if it'll help, you can just skip all my posts when trying to catch up.

Darlene, thanks for your encouragement. Treadmill and tea followed by relaxing on the computer sounds like a great evening to me. You are doing a fantastic job on your food and fitness goals this week!
Old 01-25-2012, 12:32 AM
FitDay Member

just a quick check in as i have to get ready for work in a minute, i will be back tonight to read and post more. I didn't do much yesterday besides having my root canal. I was numb and unable to chew for almost 8 hours and then the pain set in. So i didn't work out. I did meet my calorie goal but only because i couldn't chew,lol.

Today I have high hopes of eating right and hitting the gym later.

Fitness/health
1) Drink more waterM a little better T-Y 50 oz
2) weight training 5 x week M yesT-n
3) cardio 5-7 week M yesT-n
4) 1500 calorie maxM N 1550 T-y 960

Life
1) Positive affirmations and attitude i.e. i want to go to the gym not i have toM yesT-y
2) actually go to my root canal scheduled for tomorrow2pm today Yes
3) keep up with the daily paperwork from my jobM yesT-y
4) wash the carM noT-n
Old 01-25-2012, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

Why is orange juice 94% carbs and 1% fat??
Old 01-25-2012, 01:20 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Angry Tuesday's Goals

Good Morning everyone, had an ok day yesterday, food was fine but I had hoped to walk more during the workday but I was pretty much chained to my desk, hoping today will be better if I can get rid of this terrible headache I woke up with that kept me off the treadmill this morning My food is already logged for today, so at least that part is under control!

1200-1400 cals M-1220, T-1156
80 oz water M-80 oz, T-80 oz
Treadmill T-W-F-Su M-off day, T-45 min
5000 steps on off days M-4895
8000 on TM days T-4989
Post here Every Day! M-Done!, T-Done!
Old 01-25-2012, 02:10 AM
Super Moderator

Morning, all. I hope this posts; this site is still not behaving for me.

Just want to thank you all again for your support yesterday. I haven't had a day that bad in a long time. I am hoping today will be better, but it is a busy one and my head is still spinning a bit.

Mern, thanks once again for the virtual hug. My vertigo is officially Benign Positional Paroxysmal Vertigo (BPPV); I had it chronically from 2000-2010 and eventually came off the meds...I haven't had a flare in over a year; not sure if it's stress-related or not. So I need to lie on the floor here in my office and do my vestibular rehabilitation exercises . Jazz has an eye infection and I need to get her to the vet for drops. Which is probably as much fun as Tori doing her Jas's nails! Oh, and the limp was a groin muscle (which is extremely funny to a 15 year old, at least, when and if it stops hurting). They did a conditioning tryout yesterday that consisted of numerous 30 and 60 yard dashes, suicides, running stadium steps, and then having to do a mile in 8 minutes or less.

Darlene, I hope you enjoyed your tea and night off. Good job knocking out those miles!

Julie, hope you feel better. Waking with a headache is one of the worse things ever, IMO.

Kay, are you feeling any better today?

Tori, enjoy your Wednesday off; maybe you can get your walk in during daylight hours today .

Hope everyone has a great day; I've gotta get cracking on some work.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Which is probably as much fun as Tori doing her Jas's nails
Oh, I don't do Jas's nails. We tried that once, and it was NOT a good thing. I take her to PetCo and let the groomer do it. I may splurge today and get the nail caps put on, see how she does with them. She is KILLING my leather furniture. OOOHHH maybe some pretty pink nail caps! She'd ROCK some pink nail caps!!
Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Tori, enjoy your Wednesday off; maybe you can get your walk in during daylight hours today
HaHaHa, what's the fun in that?? I find that I walk a little quicker at night. Of course, it has nothing to do with being scared Besides, at night I can't really SEE how scary it is. Day light brings it all into focus
Old 01-25-2012, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator

quinn: Obviously, we're soul sisters, haha. I replay things constantly, and I think of stuff I "should have said" hours (or days, or months...) later. I'm pretty much the opposite of witty; I can never come up with a good comebacker or a quick retort, I tend to just be quiet when being insulted or when upset. I am trying to take things an hour at a time, or a task at a time, and trying to do things that take my mind off of it.

We had had an appointment to call to discuss experimentation - I don't know that it was necessarily that she was looking for advice. The conversation turned to an experiment I'd like to do that needed the antibody to work, and she said "Oh, no one has ever gotten that to work, might put a damper on your plans" (or something to that effect). I then said "No, I'm fairly certain someone got it to work... I remember seeing slides..." Etc. I'm glad that I went and looked and I'm also glad that I e-mailed to fess up to my misrememberance (I also think it shows that I follow-up), but I'm angry I remembered wrong in the first place.

You're so sweet to compliment me though, thanks I'm sure all the college apps, for their craziness, are awesome! You did them, they MUST be awesome!

Mike: I'd never forget my "look pretty" goal when I know you're looking for it I did feel better after I vented, thanks. Still nervous, but it's not tearing me up inside.

Tori: I go through cycles where I could eat a house, and then pick at food the next day. It's weird what our bodies do to us. I try to tell myself that cycling my calories like that is good for our metabolisms and that my body knows what it's about - as long as it doesn't last more than a day with the not-eating, I tend to let it go. Not sure if that advice or sharing my story will help you, but you are totally not the only one!

Mern: Latin music made me nervous at first too!! The beats are different, and I was fairly certain if I shook my butt at all, I'd fall down from tipping my weight to one side or the other. It's grown on me, though. The thing I remember (and they repeat it in the videos over and over) is that everyone seems to have their own style. Some moves, I can shake it like there's no tomorrow and it feels natural, other moves I'm more stiff and just focusing on getting my feet on the right beat. And that's okay, in the end.

BF's toxic relationship was definitely over. It had been over for awhile - he'd sort of tuned out of it with an old friend, but said old friend kept e-mailing him and stressing him out. So he simply sent an e-mail back stating his reasons for wanting to end contact. He said he felt relieved afterwards and not guilty at all, so I think he'll be okay. It's hard, especially when the friend used to be close, but sometimes people simply grow apart.

I'm hoping that this Sunday will be a restful day. We'll see Thank you for your encouragement and understanding. I also hope DH's test comes out smoothly - you've got such a good head on your shoulders. "We're not going to worry until we know we have something to worry about." I need to remember that phrase!

Lizzie:
I will take all the luck we can get! Thank you!!

Amy: Thanks for the encouragement. I think sometimes I admit I'm wrong too much >.> But there's nothing worse in science than being false, and I'd rather say "Hey, I got this wrong" than not follow up at all. It's just not worth it. LOL at your taco salad story!!!! I can visualize her face so clearly! I'm also getting the internal server errors this morning, really annoying.

tracy: Glad you are feeling better! Next time I go to the store, that's it, I'm buying fruit to freeze. You've entirely convinced me. I need to clear out the freezer of some old stuff anyway to make room!!

Cassie: Hang in there girl!!! Amy gave you some great advice, but we're all here! Sounds like a terrible horrible no-good very-bad day for sure, but you came out on the other side. I hope you got some great rest and can face tomorrow! I think you did HEROIC on food considering all that stress!

Kay: So sorry for your sickness becoming official, boo!!

Health/Lifestyle/Fitness Goals

1) Calories between 1200-1500 daily. No single day over 1600. Week average around 1300. M: 1,490 T: 969 (Week Average: 1,229.5)
2) Exercise at least three times this week. No excuses at all. None. Zippo. Zilch. M: No T: No
3) Calorie deficit of 5,000 or more M: -339 T: -857 (Week Total: -1196)
4) Log everything, even those handfuls of M&Ms I've been sneaking lately M: Yup, even the M&Ms T: yes
5) At least 64-80 oz. of water daily. More is better. M: 80 T: 72?
6) One new recipe for lunch or dinner this week M: Not yet. Likely weekend. T: Not yet
7) 2 Lunches and 1 Dinner out/takeaway, maximum M: No eating out T: No eating out
8) Average of 25-30 percent protein for the week M: 21% T: 25% (Week Average: 23%)
9) Weigh in M and F, post here M: 161.8 W: 159.5

Other Life Goals

1) Clean the bathroom M: No T: No
2) Catch up (and stay caught up!) on laundry M: Got everything folded and put away. It's a start. T: No progress
3) In bed by 11:30 every night. No excuses allowed. M: yes T: No
4) Make an effort on my appearance every single day (This one's for you, Mike ) M: no makeup T: yes
5) Post one wonderful thing that happened every day M: BF decided to end a toxic relationship that's bothered him for awhile. He seemed relieved - it was good for him. T: BF and I were both able to de-stress a bit.

So I got a call yesterday at about noon from BF. I thought maybe he'd heard from a job, since he doesn't normally call for small things (He texts.) I answer the phone, and he says "You know, life is hilarious." And I'm like ?????

Apparently, some woman hit his parked car in our apartment parking lot. It's kind of a narrow lot (two cars can't go by side-by-side, someone has to stop and let someone else through). Apparently she thought she could squeeze it, and ended up ramming the back of BF's car. She started to write him a note, as she didn't know whose car it was, but then thought better of it and called the cops to come down, since it was obvious she was at fault and she figured the insurance would want the police report. Quite responsible of her, actually. Kudos, lady!

Thankfully, the story ends with GOOD news: he's got an old Pontiac, that thing took the hit like it ain't no thang. There's a scrape and one of his reflectors on the back popped off but didn't break - it can be superglued right back on. Her car, on the other hand, a new PT Cruiser, crumpled in completely on the front end. They don't make 'em like they used to. He drove it around to test the alignment and frame and everything seems okay. So phew. Car trouble was the last thing we needed, even though everyone had insurance and the cops came by to do a nice official report.

But we both just had to laugh about it, and it actually eased my stress a lot. Life is crazy and hilarious. Thank goodness it turned out for the best.

Oh, also!! I was feeling kind of "light" this morning and decided to weigh in, even though I don't usually do so on Wednesdays. And hey, look at that, the scale said 159.5!! I broke the 160 plane (again) - hopefully I stay under it!!

I hope everyone has a good Wednesday!

~Terri
Old 01-25-2012, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie,
My husband has had BPPV since high school and, coincidentally, his has flared lately as well. His was thought to be caused by a head injury (head hitting a wooden floor on a basketball court at 17, knocking him unconscious). It usually happens when he falls asleep with his head positioned strangely on the couch and is pretty severe causing extreme nausea for several hours and seems to come and go. If you don't mind me asking, what meds did you take? He has never found anything to give him relief.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.