FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   5-15 Pound Club Weekly Check-In for 3/16 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/640-5-15-pound-club-weekly-check-3-16-a.html)

quinnesec 03-16-2010 01:52 AM

Mambo- 4 lbs.! That's incredible! Whatever you're doing, keep going!

Andrea- Don't be discouraged. I hit a lot of peaks and valleys like that. The proof of your success is in your measurements. Congratulations!

Cassie- CONGRATULATIONS ON ACHIEVING YOUR GOAL!!! :)
All of your hard work and patience has paid off. You should be really proud of yourself!
As far as the body at the goal line, I hear you! The last time that my weight was this low, I could actually wear one size smaller. Maybe it's age, gravity, lol, I don't know. When I went on maintenance, my weight continued to drop a couple of pounds because you just continue to eat that way. After 1 month, I'm just leveling off now.

And now, I want to see your signature proudly state the fact that you have met your goal on this date! You deserve it!

Quinn

ArchyJill 03-16-2010 02:14 AM

SW: 160
LW: 155
TW: 155.4
GW: 150-140ish

Was making an attempt at maintenance but I know I went down from 155 to 153 then back up to 155 all in one week!!!

staceyalberta 03-16-2010 02:35 AM

congrats everyone on doing such a good job. i will take my measurements later today.

mandab1 03-16-2010 03:32 AM

Congrats to everyone that saw results this week!

Quinn, big pat on the back for you and your learning experience. I too think of reasons I "deserve" a treat.

Cassie, great job on reaching your goal!

This week I am maintaining, still at 134. I found myself taking a bite here or there without even realizing it at the time or finding reasons I "deserved" a snack and of course, I didn't log these things because I was mindlessly eating. By the time I went to log my food, I couldn't remember what I had.:o

On a positive note, I also started really exercising this week, so I'm proud of myself for that and at least I didn't gain. :D

runawayspoon 03-16-2010 03:59 AM

Hi everyone-- well I just lost .7 this week, from 135.7 to 135.....at least I'm not gaining, but it is really a slow go. I started at 142 Feb 2 and hope to make it to 125. Stats: 36/27/36---thighs, 18. This is going to be a tough week: dinner out tonight and tomorrow night and Sat night.....yikes! I would love, love to see those scales go down to 134! Have a great week and thanks for all the support-- a lot of success on this thread! Sharon

Built 03-16-2010 06:28 AM

QUINN: Great job on looking at your eating habits without judgmental criticism! Nobody reaches their goals by be-littling themselves. I sure haven't mastered not eating for emotional reasons! Next thread ought to be our ideas on meeting those needs without food (unless of course we're really hungry).

SHARON: 36-27-36 and 18-inch thighs is EXCELLENT!

CASSIE: CONTRATULATIONS on reaching your weight goal! I know you have put in a lot of self-discipline and hard work. Not sure if you asked, but heck, I'm not shy:) If you go to a barber, they want to give you a haircut and if you go to a personal trainer, they want you to lifts weights. Since I fall in the latter category, I'm gonna suggest you do weight training for fine-tuning areas you want to improve rather than further weight loss. You know I'll help in any way I can if you choose that route!

GREAT WEEK EVERYONE!

cjohnson728 03-16-2010 09:24 AM

LOL, Beth, thanks for the advice! Sometimes I don't even want to mention to people what I do when I meet them :rolleyes:.

It's a great idea; I am working on it with the weights. More than half my battle is mental, anyway, in accepting what I can change and what I can't. Continuing cardio is really important to me...besides being good for you overall, I've had a couple episodes with rapid heart rate so I do everything I can to keep it healthy. However, I will probably back off to maybe 3 times a week and start incorporating more strength and weight training on the other days.

Some days I just feel like grabbing the flabby parts and throwing them across the room!!

At any rate, AWESOME job this week, everyone!! :D Once again we have all learned a lot, grown a lot (mentally), and shrunken some (physically). We have figured out tough situations, made connections about why we eat, and come up with better plans for the future. You all rock!

P.S. Sharon, will you switch thighs with me? ;)