Fitness & diet
1.2 liters H20, one during the day, one after dark M=N, T=Y
2.No white food M=Y, T=Y
3.2 yoga sessions
4.2 runs (even if they turn to walks)
5.2 Crossfit T=Y
6.Carbs less than 40%, M=Y, T=Y
7.90g protein M=Y, T=N (but close)
8.1600 calories per day M=N (1825), M=Y (ok 56 cals over)

Home, hearth & work
9.1 random act of kindness/day M=not really, T=Y (let DH call all the shots, even though I was feeling crabby)
10.Trim trees and chip
11.Plan replanting of front bed M=Y, T=Y

Doing pretty well, so far.
Tori you are lookin like one hot mama - thanks for the photo. Sometimes old friends make the very best boyfriends. I'll agree with everyone else, he's starting out on the right foot. BTW, I find an occassional lazy day essential for mental health.

Mern, prioritizing your exercise over housework - awesome. You are starting to sound like an athelete.

MH, Hipbones... so cool. I'm sure you knew they were in there somewhere, but now you have proof!

Kay, great meal planning. For me that is really the key. If I don't have anything planned and especially if I allow myself to get too hungry, it is disaster. Although these days we don't keep much junk food around, but I sure can put a dent in a box of "healthy" crackers.

I've had to relagate oatmeal to special occasions. (How many kids would agree with that). I love it, and it is certainly a whole grain, but the carb load at the beginning of the day can send me into a carbohydrate spiral for the rest of the day.

Tracy, what's the Rosemary Cloney Club???

Quinn, welcome back the the control room. Glad to see you are feeling your old self again. So was the good news from the Univ. fiscally based?

Zyxst, sometime close (as in %nutrients) is good enough (along with horse shoes and hand granades). Pat yourself on the back. It is really hard to learn and adopt new eating habits. It looks like you are well on the way.

April, I forgot to answer you gardening question. As you may know I live in Southern California. We get no rain from April until Oct, so everything has to be irrigated. The front bed is on the north side of the house and a real challenge. During the winter it is in total shade. By mid summer most of it is in full sun. Since I lean toward native perennials and shrubs, it has been difficult to find plant material that can handle those conditions. But over 20 years or so, I have picked up a few tricks.

Joanna, awesome pix - wow! what a difference, keep it up girl!

Mike, funny the difference a little $$$ makes in our whole outlook on life. Even those who aren't particularly money oriented .

Darlene, fingers and toes are still crossed that the good news continues. I am sooo glad that you are feeling at least a little better. When things like that are out of our control it has a way of totally overtaking our lives. It sounds like you have both a great cyber support group and well as good freinds - count yourself among the lucky.

Speaking of health... geez my body and brain are so weird. So, as I noted earlier, my past nurses vistis and home monitoring of BP has been really high - definitely in the medication needed catagory. So I email my Dr "OK I surrender, let's talk meds". She wanted me to come in a couple of times this week for a nurses check just to get a handle on how bad it was. And guess what? IT WAS NORMAL! Believe me I'll take it. I knew I had white coat elevated BP, but apparently I also have test anxiety BP.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:00 PM
FitDay Member

Pam, so in view of that normal bp, what are you going to do? Go on meds or wait and see? I can't eat oatmeal, either, but I really do enjoy eating hot flaxmeal--I nuke it with some peach or chocolate whey protein powder and water and it's delicious--reminds me of the Quaker flavored instant oatmeal. I'm getting low carb banana protein powder next--I know I'll enjoy that in my faux oatmeal. I had a great giggle over your post to me. I'd rather do almost anything rather than housework--well, maybe not having a tooth drilled and filled with no novacane but ALMOST anything. LOL

Tori, here's a Pecan Muffin Recipe.
Pretty healthy for low carbers, but I don't know if the fat content would be too high for you.

Note edited in later: hint about paper muffin liners I can't remember if I tried paper muffin tin liners with the pecan muffins or not. My flaxmeal mocha muffins stick to the muffin tin paper liners if I try to peel away the paper when the muffin is warm. But I solved that problem with any leftover muffins by peeling the paper off before rewarming in the microwave. They also freeze well--freeze separated on a tray before placing in a freezer bag to they won't stick together.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup sour cream
2 T. butter-melted
1 egg
4 T. flax meal
3/4 cup pecans--ground
2 T. Splenda bulk
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

How To Prepare:
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray 6 count muffin tin with PAM (or other no-stick cooking spray).

2. Put all ingredients in a bowl. beat with hand whisk or electric mixer just until combined...no longer

3. Divide batter into 6 muffin cups
Bake about 20 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean

Per muffin: 199 calories; 19 g fat; 3 grams Protein; 6 g carbS ;2 g fiber, so just four net carbs.

Last edited by Mern; 01-19-2012 at 12:22 AM. Reason: just spacing of ingredients--no change to recipe
Old 01-18-2012, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Kay_in_PA
Checking in...

This week is off to a good start. I got my 7 hours of sleep last night, but then again, it helped the the kids had a two hour snow delay this morning.

I've been doing well keeping my carbs, fats and proteins to about 40/30/30, but I'll admit that a few of those fats and carbs came in the form of dark chocolate.

I came home at lunch knowing exactly what I was going to eat, and while I was home, I prepped dinner. Now I have enough left over chicken for about 2 or 3 meals later this week.

I did a little bit of kettlebell work yesterday. I wasn't going to count it because I was just basically doing a form refresher, but my muscles this morning are telling me to count it. Tonight I walked 5 miles on the treadmill.

Unfortunately, I didn't get any course work done tonight, and I'm not going to start working on it now or I won't get my 7 hours of sleep.
Great job Kay. I need to try to get in more sleep, kudos to you. If you're muscles are telling you to count it, count it. I'm envious of the 5 miles.

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Monday & Tuesday reports....

Health/Fitness

1--limit of 1300 cals a day--1290, 1202
2--water!!!!---dangit, I'm trying so hard!!!, times 2
3--work out 3 1/2 times--N, ????, SO not motivated tonight. I was all ready to get my burn on and then realized I had nothing to eat for tomorrow and had to head to the dreaded WalMart.....now I don't wanna do anything
4--2 lbs, again--starting weight this week a cool 219.6 lbs., didn't weigh in today

Life/Home

1--stay on top of paperwork--two days in and so far so good
2--clean cat's bathroom---I swear, I think she purposefully throws the litter out of her box--new litter bought, changing out the whole box tomorrow
3--strip bed and wash linens--back up linens pulled from storage and washed, stripping the bed tomorrow and changin' them out
4--go to drug store and find new hair color--really need to wash this grey right out
5--call dr. and set appointment for complete blood work up. most importantly TSH levels and check about different asthma meds
6--don't let the guys at work get to me--it's a work in progress
What is workout 3 1/2 times? Do you plan on getting 1/2 way through a workout and stopping?Don't worry about being grey, some of us are bald. Oh yeah, it's your turn!

Originally Posted by dar n
I am also happy that every time someone needs help this group of wonderful ladies and mike shares openly and honestly about their life experiences you guys have no idea what a blessing you are for me right now.

I miss Terri I hope she’s just busy with her teaching.

Mike That makes for one long day, yeah on the $$.

I didn't exercise today I ate well but all my energy went into getting my head focused for my interview today.I am nervous I don't think sleep will come easily tonight but I can always go back to bed after I get home. My prayer is for quick results I hope since both tests are the first ones of the day that my doc might get answers before the days up. I downloaded a new computer game so I would have something to do with my hands other then eat while I wait for results.Thanks again for all your support.

Encourage everyone to be proactive with mammograms and breast health.
I agree. I lean on y'all ladies a lot. I'm sure y'all probably get sick of my rants. I also hope Terri is doing well. I hope your interview went well.

Originally Posted by mhibdon

GUESS WHAT GUYS!!! My hipbones now show when I flex my abs! WHUDDUP! I found this out when searching for bruises & blisters after practice last night :P

1/18 - 1/22 Goals:
3L:
STRETCH:
Keep blood sugar regular:
Vitamins:
what kid of practice causes burises? Maybe they weren't hipbones... maybe it was a callous?

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Health / Fitness Goals...
1. 100oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes,
2. One diet soda limit M: Yes (only 1/2 a can), T: Yes (only 1/2 a can again),
3. No added salt to plate M: Yes, T: Yes,
4. Walk on lunch 3 times M: 1.5miles in 27mins, T: Raining,
5. Exercise in morning 3 times W-F W: 1hr,
6. Listen to body when full M: Yes, T: Yes,
7. Weigh and post daily M: 274.2lbs, T: 271.2lbs , W: 269.6lbs ,

Life Goals...
1. Keep hands busy in evening M: Yes, T: Yes,
2. Make yearly GYN appt M: DONE! It's on 02.27.12 at 3:15pm
3. Don't cause panic until I have facts M: Yes, T: Yes,

Yesterday I ate almost exactly the same stuff as Monday and it worked again! Down another 1.6lbs for a total of 4.6lbs so far this week! Last night was an extremely stressful night at home. Son issues. I have determined that I don't always require extra food when I am stressed if there can be any good outcome of being so stressed out. Mostly when stressed out I just want to take a nap. I think eating was a way to not fall asleep before.

I have always had the toughest time choosing a bra. My largest was a 50DD (DDD if I could find them) but I am so happy to say that I just bought 5 new bras in size 44DDD! Yeehaw! I haven't lost "Betty and Wilma" but they do have a good view of my feet if I stand nekkid
Great job on the loss. You are consistently in the green every week. You deserve it for all your hard work. 44DDD... I thought I had a bad back.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:26 PM
FitDay Member

Closing down the kitchen.

Wednesday Report:

Even though I went over in carbs, I think I did a really good job since I didn't have computer access for most of the day to log my food. I ate really healthful stuff--the 6g overage in carbs was simply due to having a healthful chocolate mocha flaxmeal muffin and turkey chili with low carb black soy beans in the same day. REALLY did great on sat fat, cholesterol and fiber--almost looks like THAT part is just becoming a lifestyle habit.

Calorie limit 1600 1571, 1329, 1241
Carbs less fiber 25g 24.2g, 26g, 31g (due to accidental "tallying memory lapse" from no computer access)
Average daily sat fat 12% 14%, 12%, 11%
Average daily cholesterol 300mg 144mg, 152mg, 150mg
Average daily fiber 25g 28g, 24g, 26g
Fruits/veggies 5 servings per day YES, YES, YES

Water 48 oz.--32 oz. plain YES, YES, YES
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, YES
Artificial sweetener limit 2 pks. per day 0, 2, 2
Sugar free dark chocolate miniatures limit 2 per day 0, 0, 2
Vitamin D and fish oil capsules daily YES, YES, YES

Something wonderful: a male friend of our may finally be over wallowing in self-pity and doing something about his problems.

Last edited by Mern; 01-18-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, April, do tell...what were you eating Monday and Tuesday that worked so well, lol??

Headed down to the treadmill. It's been cold and windy and between the weather and the work schedule, I've not had time to get outdoors for exercise, which is a whole different feel, and much nicer. I told the family that I'm going for a long hike on Sunday; it looks to be warming up and hopefully I can write at other times during the weekend. My mind and my body both miss being outside.

Mern, thanks for checking in. I am feeling better today. I challenged myself to another no-processed/no artificial ingredients food day and that really does rebound me. It's still hard to find things that fit that criteria for a whole day's worth of food, though! I've got the pie chart pretty well balanced, but I'm only at about half the recommended fiber. Though I've been way over earlier this week, so I'm not going to sweat it.

Good grief, Mike, how would you get a callous on your hips? Wait...I don't want to know!
Old 01-18-2012, 01:43 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Report Editing....

Health and Fitness Goals:

1. 1,400 calories. 1,392, 1,396, 1,341
2. 100 oz water. 124, 100, 100
3. Calorie deficit 5,000 for the week. -821, -765, -1,107 (total -2,693)
4. Exercise 7 hours. 50 min, 0 min, 120 min (total 2:50)
5. Log everything, especially weekends! Y,Y,Y
6. Weigh daily and post. 169, 165.8, 164

Other Goals:

1. Finish 1 rabbit cage and start a second. N,N,N
2. Start Valentine letter. N,N,N
3. Speak at school. Done
4. Housework, 1 hour daily + 1 load of laundry. YY,YY, YY
5. Cross off 10 items on "the list". 2, 1, 1,
6. Fix the elliptical again. Ugh, that thing is a piece of junk. N,N,N

This mom is totally wiped out. Youngest DD had a complete meltdown earlier today, actually screamed at me, "You treat me like a dog!". I was like "NO, if a dog was as rotten as you've been, I would have chained it to the back stoop and left it out in the cold". OMG she's so naughty sometimes. She did redeem herself and got her chores done in a blaze of glory, so I let her go to swim practice tonight, but it was a near thing. DH picked them up so I could work out, and apparently middle DD had a big fat meltdown on him. Is there some sort of lunar event I should know about? Ugh, I need some sleep. G'night my lovelies, I'll see you in the morning.

Last edited by almeeker; 01-18-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:37 PM
FitDay Member

Today went fairly well. I went over on carbs a bit, but not too bad. I'm not sure if it was going over on carbs or the exercise tonight that has me feeling hungry. Whatever the case, I'm trying to drown it with water.

I did a kettlebell circuit tonight focusing mostly on lower body and abs. I also managed to finish one of my assignments for the week.

Darlene, I'm glad to here things went okay. I know waiting for answers is hard, but I hope the technicians reassurance helped. Hang in there.

Joanna, it is great to see the difference and know that you are making progress. Way to go!

I'm sure there were others I wanted to give a shout out too, but I've gotta start shutting down for bed so I can try to get my 7 hours sleep. :-)
Old 01-18-2012, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Good grief, Mike, how would you get a callous on your hips? Wait...I don't want to know!
I totally didn't mean it like THAT.

Originally Posted by almeeker
Wednesday Report Editing....

Health and Fitness Goals:

1. 1,400 calories. 1,392, 1,396, 1,341
2. 100 oz water. 124, 100, 100
3. Calorie deficit 5,000 for the week. -821, -765, -1,107 (total -2,693)
4. Exercise 7 hours. 50 min, 0 min, 120 min (total 2:50)
5. Log everything, especially weekends! Y,Y,Y
6. Weigh daily and post. 169, 165.8, 164

Other Goals:

1. Finish 1 rabbit cage and start a second. N,N,N
2. Start Valentine letter. N,N,N
3. Speak at school. Done
4. Housework, 1 hour daily + 1 load of laundry. YY,YY, YY
5. Cross off 10 items on "the list". 2, 1, 1,
6. Fix the elliptical again. Ugh, that thing is a piece of junk. N,N,N

This mom is totally wiped out. Youngest DD had a complete meltdown earlier today, actually screamed at me, "You treat me like a dog!". I was like "NO, if a dog was as rotten as you've been, I would have chained it to the back stoop and left it out in the cold". OMG she's so naughty sometimes. She did redeem herself and got her chores done in a blaze of glory, so I let her go to swim practice tonight, but it was a near thing. DH picked them up so I could work out, and apparently middle DD had a big fat meltdown on him. Is there some sort of lunar event I should know about? Ugh, I need some sleep. G'night my lovelies, I'll see you in the morning.
You must really be a level headed mother. I don't do too well with screaming kids. But yeah, I would love to be treated like one of my dogs.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:43 PM
FitDay Member

Mike Thanks I slept so I think that will help tired and worried are never a good mix for me. I hope you had a good day.

Joanna You look great way to go!

Mern Thanks for the kind words but my not eating plan was only half successful as I was so exhausted when I got home from the hospital I slept way to much this afternoon then didn’t want to cook so I have been grazing through the afternoon while playing my game hopefully calories won’t be horrible I know carbs will be.

Cassie Pebbles would be a lot cheaper to buy a bra for take the blessings were they fall.

April Triple d’s do they have European sizes in any stores where you live they tend to fit better they are more expensive but more comfortable also. I can’t wear a regular size so I had to search out specialty bras and seriously I will never go back you should check it out.

Lizzie Thanks. I hope you feel better before bf arrives, enjoy your time together.

Tracey Nice job 3lbs is awesome!

Pam I am blessed thanks for keeping those toes crossed until I see the Dr. I am excited your bp was normal I will pray it stays that way but please keep checking it I know what slacking on my health responsibilities led to, save yourself some stress.

Amy I hope you have a great sleep and whatever is making your kids crazy has passed by tomorrow.

Kay Thanks!

Enjoy your evening.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:56 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
hehehehe, the 15 year old boy who sometimes dominates my thinking found this HILARIOUS
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
What is workout 3 1/2 times? Do you plan on getting 1/2 way through a workout and stopping?Don't worry about being grey, some of us are bald. Oh yeah, it's your turn!
no stopping mid workout, it's a mind game. The 4 throws me. I have really tried not to worry about the grey. It started turning when I was 17 so this many years later, it's kinda taken over. I've tried to overlook it, but.....UGH it's really starting to get to me! And dangit I know it's my turn
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
what kind of practice causes burises?
I have answers for that question, but won't post them cause they aren't family friendly
Originally Posted by Mern
Tori, here's a Pecan Muffin Recipe. Pretty healthy for low carbers, but I don't know if the fat content would be too high for you.
OMG how did you know that anything with pecans in it is my favorite EVER!!!! AND it has cinnamon?? omg I may have to make these tomorrow!!!!!! And I know I'm chatty. I'd talk to a brick wall if it would talk back. Oh wait, I talk to brick walls all day when at work. OOOHH those are actual people? I'm thinking the walls have more sense sometimes.

Thanks for the pic comments. It's actually a really old pic, but was trying to decide if I like the hair color. I'm thinking that I do......

Last edited by ToriD1012; 01-18-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.