Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12

Old 01-17-2012, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

Mern the best slushy cup I've ever had, hands down, is my Starbucks refillable coffee cup. It keeps coffee hot for about 5 hours and a slushy in a near ice state for about an hour in the heat of July with or without the lid on.

You're right about the reusable ice cubes and yes people do buy them. A friend of mine has a freezer full because she doesn't like her beverages to get watered down. Me I prefer a little watering down, well I prefer to get all my water down anyway.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Amy hears VOICES and we don't care. Hee Hee Hee Yeah, our new great-granddaughter is only 45 minutes away.
Um, just wait a minute there, you admitted to hearing them too...
Old 01-17-2012, 06:33 AM
FitDay Member

Amy Thanks, I have my ladies group at church tonight and I will listen to my avatar and speak even if my voice shakes. Nice green day to begin your week with. I am sorry your scale was mean to you this morning but you know it’s probably a lot of salt and water I am sure you didn’t eat 17750 calories in one weekend I hope you have a another great food day and you will be reporting a loss in no time. Thanks for the soup info its probably better its not a recipe as no one else in my house will eat it so I would have had to tweak it anyways to just serve me, the spicy version will be my first test. I will have to build my chilli recipe next time, I make a killer chilli but it has refried beans, pinto ,brown ,kidney ,garbanzo beans, beef, tomatoes and paste, beer and brown sugar so I wish it had less than 200 calories I cup but I don’t think so I entered it last night as 3cups even though I ate one and half. Oh my Stuart Smalley theirs a chuckle I haven’t had forever and I agree we all have said it to ourselves which I think is why it was so funny we all have that person inside us. I hope your flight leaves soon.

Joanna I wouldn’t say you are a wimp there are two types of people in the world, morning people those annoying happy did you see the sunrise people and then theirs us please let me have my cup of coffee then you can show me a picture of this sunrise you speak about. When I stopped working everyone had all these things they were looking forward to mine was sleeping past 7am but just so you know it does get easier for me when I have a routine so I am sure in a few weeks it won’t feel as early for you.

Zyxst Do you like protein shakes I use a chocolate whey protein and a vanilla one so I have choices. I add a frozen banana(chocolate) or 1 cup frozen berries(vanilla) half cup milk one cup water and blend it’s become an afternoon treat I look forward to in the summer I exchange the banana for all sorts of fresh fruit, you can add yogurt if you like also. I have found it’s the only way I can keep my protein at 30% I have also found that if I use healthy fats avocado and nuts instead of a protein choice at lunch it has helped my %’s also, just keep playing with your foods. You had a great day yesterday!

Cassie Good thread I seem to forget about tuna I really like it but I do not eat a lot of bread I guess I need some creative tuna recipes.

Quinn I hope you get to enjoy your quiet day.

Mern Thanks for your loving words and support and yes I called our prayer chain and my ladies group meets tonight and I will share.You definitely should be looking at all the great choices you have made you have had a stellar month with a couple of bad choices and I think its April that says we don’t have to be perfect just better than before I am sure with your passion you will have a great month before your test.

Pam Glad you feeling better.

April Nice green start to your week. Way to go on the Christmas weight gone ! I love my shape magazine it has a lot of info from diet to exercise but I must admit I still love my cooking mag’s I have added a light food one to the mix as the rest are not so healthy.

I have decided I need to add some casual business clothes to my closet I have a ton of suits and jeans and t-shirts but the company I am interviewing with is casual. I don’t want to appear stuffy in a suit but I seriously don’t know what to wear for this third interview I would wear the same blouse with a different sweater as the first one but they are fashion people I would be paranoid they would notice ughh I have to go tear apart my closet. I hope you all have a great day.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
I think its April that says we don’t have to be perfect just better than before
I think that is Mern actually. I did quote her to a newcomer the other day though. I love that quote!
Old 01-17-2012, 07:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Um, just wait a minute there, you admitted to hearing them too...
I don't really hear voices--that's really wacky! I was just trying to be kind so you wouldn't feel like you were losing it. I have a miniature devil (a REAL one, not just a voice in my head) that looks just like me that sits on one shoulder and a real miniature angel that looks just like me on the other shoulder and they take turns presenting their arguments over whether I should cheat to my belly's content or not. I don't care whether my drinks are watered down or not. I just like them really cold. LOL on getting all your water down. Good to know about the Starbucks cup keeping slushies slushy on a hot day. Thanks for that tip.

Darlene, I'm glad you called your prayer chain and that you have your ladies' group tonight. Know that we're all with you in spirit. OMG, thanks for you support and encouragement on my little test issue--mine is just numbers and I have to power to control them. I'll bet you'll find just the right combo of clothes for that third interview. Best wishes on that.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default I think I'm back . . .

I meet with a group on Thursdays & so for that tracking I go Wed to Wed. I also consider my weekly weigh-in on Wed. (If I don't succomb to weighing myself before Wed.) So therefore, I'm changing my week to WED to WED. I figured that I can still come here for weekly suport.

Although I'm not up to par, I did walk 2 mile today. Trying to have walking as something I do every morning early.

Setting Up Model here ->
FIT Day Challenge [Wed to Wed]
Check-in:

FOCUS (3)
Faith
1. Audio Bible - /x6
2. Complete Study for Health Group - x/7

Fun
3. Treat Self (non-food) - /x6

INTAKE (3)
Food & Water
1. Non-Starchy Veg. 4 serv. daily - /x6
2. Water 32 oz daily - /x6

Supplement
3. Vit & Fish Oil daily - /x7

TRAIN (3) weekly
Feet
1. Aerobic (120") -
2. Pedometer (14 mi) -

Flex & Firm
3. Strong Women - /x3

Last edited by fit4luv; 01-17-2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:30 AM
FitDay Member

Quote:
I think its April that says we don’t have to be perfect just better than before

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I think that is Mern actually. I did quote her to a newcomer the other day though. I love that quote!
And I was quoting my doctor who says that to me every month. Hmm, looks like I should practice what I preach, eh? Thanks, friends--that kinda set my head a little more straight--or tightened a loose screw. LOL

THAT WAS WRONG--RIGHT NOW I GO EVERY FOUR MONTHS, NOT EVERY MONTH.

Last edited by Mern; 01-17-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:39 AM
FitDay Member

Zyxst Do you like protein shakes I use a chocolate whey protein and a vanilla one so I have choices. I add a frozen banana(chocolate) or 1 cup frozen berries(vanilla) half cup milk one cup water and blend it’s become an afternoon treat I look forward to in the summer I exchange the banana for all sorts of fresh fruit, you can add yogurt if you like also. I have found it’s the only way I can keep my protein at 30% I have also found that if I use healthy fats avocado and nuts instead of a protein choice at lunch it has helped my %’s also, just keep playing with your foods. You had a great day yesterday!
Zyxst, I am going to second the whey protein powder. I am also striving for 40/30/30. I need protein in the morning, but I'm not a huge fan of eggs. I have a caramel flavored whey protein powder that I add to oatmeal along with some homemade unsweetend applesauce, some chopped walnuts, and a bit of cinnamon and apple pie seasoning. It is easy, delicious and balanced. When I have more time, I sometimes make oat pancakes. For those, I use 6 TBS of Oatmeal, 1 TBS whey protein (I've used many flavors, but for pancakes, chocolate or banana are my favorites), 1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1/4 cup egg substitute or one egg, 1/4 tsp vanilla, and either 1 tsp walnut oil or chopped nuts. I use a stick blender to blend the oatmeal and protein powder into a flour and then mix in the rest and add water to get the right consistency for pancake batter. They are really delicious when topped with frozen berries that have been heated up in the microwave.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:03 AM
FitDay Member

Mern Take your own advice will ya!

Its snowing here I just called hubby to see if he will drive me to my interview.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Whew, y'all talk alot (thank goodness )

Welcome Connect (good luck keeping up )

Tori, that's really awesome about the new guy. It can be kinda tricky starting a new relationship when you are still in the middle of getting the relationship with yourself established. Do let him know that you have a few goals of your own, sweety.

Mern, congrats on the new family member! How sweet and how lucky are you to have everyone so close. As far as the water thing, I do drink a fair amount of coffee, tea, crystal lite, propel, and an occassional diet soda. but I rarely log non-calorie foods and so can fool myself into thinking I am drinking more liquids than I am. So I start each day with a full 1quart bottle of water (a trick I learned from the ladies right here) and don't go to bed until it is finished. Sometimes that means guzzling a pint at the end of the day, but usually not. Since it goes with me everywhere I have stopped paying for lunch beverages and usually see it first before reaching for an unnecessary afternoon snack.

Joanna, I'm one of those really annoying morning people, but there always was a difference between getting up to go to class, ugh, and getting up to putter in the garden, go for a hike, yippee!

Amy, what a quick and easy way to make butternut soup. The recipe I have used in the past requires that you put the boiling soup into a blender. It usually results in 2 degree burns, so me and the insurance company have decided to make it a rare event. I'll def. try your version.
April, you are killing it once again! I love jerky and eat quite a lot of it. Yep keeps the mouth busy and it is nearly all protein. The only drawback is that it can be a bit pricey. What a lucky girl you are to have a hubby that makes it for you... and venison no less. Can I borrow him for a week or 2?

Darlene, I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed and sending my prayers to the universe (sorry not a big church goer, but I am pretty sure that God listens to us in many forms). What a wonderful set of stories your scary situation has brought out. Thank-you everyone for sharing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.