Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12

Old 01-22-2012, 08:58 AM
FitDay Member

Kay Way to go on getting your 6 miles in.

Cassie I hope you are not getting sick, nice run even though you don’t feel 100% way to go.

Mike Good job on your 4 miles.

Amy Have fun skiing that must be a fantastic calorie burn. Your kids are so lucky to have you out cheering them on, my son told us once how happy he was that we were at all his meets and we have some great family memories from them.

Tori Nice work on walking 3 miles sorry to hear you live in a scary neighbourhood.

Zyxst I hope you feel better soon.

Joanna I am happy your plateau finally broke, congrats on the loss. Good job in using that new confidence with a guy hopefully he will take the hint but if he doesn’t you may need to communicate clearly how you feel most men do not read between the lines very well.

Pam Wow 6 mile run, great job.

Mern I am well, emotionally exhausted I think but healthy. Roasted red pepper alfredo sounds sooo good I had spinach pasta and marinara sauce last night but I bet your sauce would of went well also.

Tracey Get well soon.

Ok you guys are rocking out this weekend’s goals I feel so lazy sitting here reading all your posts, I guess I will have to go get on the treadmill. This is good for me it kicks that competitive side of me into full gear and trust me I need to find a gear other than neutral before my scale goes any further in reverse.
Have a great Sunday!!!
Old 01-22-2012, 09:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
No excuses. I'm just stating that I'm THAT good, that's why I don't NEED to train.

Cassie, I just knocked out 6.54 miles. I posted it on FB again.
Mike, you went over your goal for the weekend! What a great boost to your system.

---------Weekend Warrior Challenge----------

I did not feel like it, but because I said I would - I did it. I did 3 miles using Leslie Sansone DVD & did the upper body strengthening that went with it.
AND I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER !!! Thank you all for the challenge this weekend!
Old 01-22-2012, 09:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Ok you guys are rocking out this weekend’s goals I feel so lazy sitting here reading all your posts, I guess I will have to go get on the treadmill. This is good for me it kicks that competitive side of me into full gear and trust me I need to find a gear other than neutral before my scale goes any further in reverse.
Have a great Sunday!!!
This thread is catching, isn't it?
Old 01-22-2012, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Really, really nice job, Mike! I'm impressed.

I am indeed a bit under the weather today with the throat and sinuses. Today is a weights day, so I may be able to handle that better than cardio; we'll see. I'm down to my last half report and task, so I'm going to chill for the rest of the Ravens game and get back to it after dinner; hubby's grilling spice-rubbed pork tenderloin with yams, steamed green beans, and homemade applesauce from the freezer.

Although there is chicken soup in my future tomorrow, I believe.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:04 AM
FitDay Member

Tori- mmm roast chicken- as simple as my mum does it and always makes it perfect i have never yet got it right! Its either not cooked enough or frazzled! It is one of my favourite meals though especially when mum does it. Hope yours was a success?
Ive been doing volunteer work at school for nearly 2 years now- started off just going in to listen to kids reading, then i was asked to go along on school trips.
Im just glad that my commitment has been recognised enough for them to employ me. I only do 4 hours a week but i have to start somewhere- im thinking of going to college to get further teaching qualifications. This will open up opportunities to work with different age groups etc. Although i do like being with the 3 and 4 year olds it can get a bit frustrating- mine are nearly 9 and 7 so im past all that. Its learning 30 kids names thats the problem at the moment.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator

Great job, Luv! That's what community is all about!
Old 01-22-2012, 11:27 AM
FitDay Member

Tracey-This was the first time I've actually HAD roasted chicken that was home made. And it was an undeniable success. I didn't get to do a whole lot to it because my Momma is the PICKIEST eater ever. I googled low cal roasted chicken and searched for one that I thought she'd eat. I'm proud to say that she liked it, so it may become one of the foods on the Sunday Menu (it's limited because of her palate). My Daddy is the exact opposite, he'll eat anything, whether he likes it or not. He had seconds and made a plate for work tomorrow night, so I guess he really liked it. The roasted veggies could have been cooked a little bit longer, but it is what it is, they still tasted fine.

Off to get some yoga in before my show starts. Gotta stretch these tired legs. Just have to make sure I baby my knee. Not real sure why but it started swelling after I walked today. It's been iced and has gone down considerably. Gotta love old injuries....
Old 01-22-2012, 03:27 PM
FitDay Member

Luv Great job with your exercise and yes I am glad I checked in I needed to catch some motivation.

Cassie Sorry to hear you still feel yucky.

Tori Awesome job on the chicken dinner!!! I hope your knee feels better soon, how are your runners? My knees act up as soon as my runners start to fail I had no idea until I started hiking how important good exercise shoes are!

It feels good to have bounced back a bit this weekend and I am ready to face another week. I need to buckle down and get serious about my cardio and weight exercises I dropped the ball just before Christmas and haven’t picked it up again so that will be this week’s challenge.

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=6.2, T=0, W=0, T=0, F=0, S=3.2k, S=4k =13.4k no
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike, T=0, W=0, T=0, F=0, S=walk, S=walk =no
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=N, W=N, T=N, F=N, S=Y, S=Y =no
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=N, W=N, T=N, S=Y, S=Y =no
Calories less than 1400: M= 1415, T=1193, W=1452, T=1250, F=1635, S=1155, S=1367 =no
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -681, T=-586, W=-231, T=-710, F=-271, S=-781, S=-574 =no
No sugar: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=wine, S=Y, S=n =no
Encourage everyone to be proactive with mammograms and breast health. This is my greatest yes, if you have not scheduled yours or think it can not happen to you, you are wrong get it checked before its to late!
Old 01-22-2012, 03:37 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
I hope your knee feels better soon, how are your runners? My knees act up as soon as my runners start to fail I had no idea until I started hiking how important good exercise shoes are!
The knee is starting to feel better. If it's still acting up tomorrow I'll lay off it for a couple of days, see if it's just over use. It's an old injury, so it gives me problems from time to time. My shoes are fairly new. I've worn them around enough to break them in, so I don't think that's the issue. I think it's just my messed up knee.

Gotta get the muffins out of the oven and the clothes out of the washer. See y'all on the flip side for another wonderful week.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Last check in, then we start all over again!

I didn't make my calorie goal today, but everything else is done. I'm caught up on work and home fronts, chores, tasks and reports, and it's been a productive weekend. Enjoyed the activity on the forums...have a good night, everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.