Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12

Old 01-20-2012, 09:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Quinn, did you make it back from the tundra? Sadly, the cold is only one of your worries when you brave the Walmart....
hahahaha The South is showing when you start referring to it as "the" Walmart.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:38 AM
FitDay Member

So far the day has been a mixed bag. Work was busy, but I didn't maim anyone AND I got caught back up with paperwork. But it's just been another one of "those" days. I was irritable and cranky pretty much all day. Now that I'm home I realized, OH I didn't eat lunch, so I'm freaking starving and don't want to cook. I SOOOOO want to call Papa John's.....
Old 01-20-2012, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
So far the day has been a mixed bag. Work was busy, but I didn't maim anyone AND I got caught back up with paperwork. But it's just been another one of "those" days. I was irritable and cranky pretty much all day. Now that I'm home I realized, OH I didn't eat lunch, so I'm freaking starving and don't want to cook. I SOOOOO want to call Papa John's.....
Whole wheat crust, light on cheese, veggies...could work if you have portion control skills...
Old 01-20-2012, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

hahahaha The South is showing when you start referring to it as "the" Walmart.
Well, it's been 17 years, so I suppose something had to sneak in . However, I still get a cart there, as opposed to a buggy, and I don't mash buttons; I push them
Old 01-20-2012, 10:11 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie-If I call Papa John's I'm not gettin "healthy" pizza. I'd HAVE to go with the BBQ Chicken and Bacon on regular crust. and IF I were to call Papa John's there would be no such thing as portion control. It's one of the reasons I haven't had pizza in the last 3 1/2 months......
And no matter what you Yankees call them, they're buggies!! And furthermore, not everyone "mashes" buttons, I push them too! I do however Crack the Winda
Old 01-20-2012, 10:23 AM
FitDay Member

zxyst ~ Those choices you're making are making a new you. Great going!

Darlene ~ I've been off the boards here a few days & so missed so much of what you've been going through. So sorry about your dear dog. Also, did I miss tests that have come back for you? Praying for you here (I think you did mention that prayers mean something for you?)

Seems like a lot of us could use a personal chef. Ohhhhh .... Papa Johns & other things sound so tempting. This is when I must stamp my goals on my forehead & everywhere else.

Today I'm now 1/2 way on meeting my Veggie Challenge. I can eat fruit & starchy veggies just fine, but when it comes to non-starch veggies -- that continues to be a struggle. It's getting a bit better as I find what I do like. Cooked cabbage, of all things, is one of my current favorites.

I'm better today and will be back later with my goals. Bless you all!

Last edited by fit4luv; 01-20-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:34 AM
FitDay Member

Darlene. Hope the week ended on a more positive note for you. So very sorry about your dog, I've been there and it hurts terribly even though we know that it is a mercy for them.

For 20 years I worked with women mostly and a very mixed bag of totally virtuous and po faced to completely wanton and potty mouthed, but it was all whispered in corners and never in front of the guys. Now I work with all men, who feel perfectly happy to speak their mind in the strongest possible language and who consider me as a "bloke" most of the time.
I'm not sure whether I should be flattered or upset by that lol. However I use bad language sparingly and when I do they know I'm really p****d and get offside quickly. So which do I prefer, not sure, I miss the girly talk but I like being able to speak my mind at meetings, bottom line though is that the men gossip and backstabbing just as much as the women although they would never admit it.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:16 AM
FitDay Member

Default Starting the weekend!

Hello everyone- ive been looking so forward to Friday all week. I started the week with not lot of sleep and havent been able to catch up and have time to relax. So much stuff to do in the house though so cant see me having much time with my feet up. I will happy with an extra couple of hours in bed though. Will try and get motivated to do some exercise too. I have the xbox kinect and your shape game which really does give me a proper workout- so much so that i end up screaming at the tv- that voice over instructor tells me to lift my arms up higher 1 more time LOL!!

Weekends are harder for me because i dont have a routine yet for them. Much easier throughout the week. Im determined not to let all my hard work go out the window.

I had a long bath this evening to keep me busy and of course logging on to you guys keeps me focused. the kiddies are staying at grandmas tomorrow so looking forward to a rest but i should be spending time with the ironing board!

Enjoy your weekend everyone
Tracey x
Old 01-20-2012, 11:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lizards13
For 20 years I worked with women mostly and a very mixed bag of totally virtuous and po faced to completely wanton and potty mouthed, but it was all whispered in corners and never in front of the guys. Now I work with all men, who feel perfectly happy to speak their mind in the strongest possible language and who consider me as a "bloke" most of the time.
I'm not sure whether I should be flattered or upset by that lol. However I use bad language sparingly and when I do they know I'm really p****d and get offside quickly. So which do I prefer, not sure, I miss the girly talk but I like being able to speak my mind at meetings, bottom line though is that the men gossip and backstabbing just as much as the women although they would never admit it.
I've also worked with all men and all women at different points in my career. Personally, I've always preferred working with more men than women. I do have my female friends at work, but don't work with them in close contact. I do better when I don't really have to watch my mouth or wonder which topic is gonna be off limits (it's generally hard to censor me). Today our topic of the day was "Who is on your list of celebrities that it would be okay to cheat with and it not be considered cheating". Yesterday it was "Is Tori a freak or not" LOL!!!! The answer to that is No, she's not.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday it was "Is Tori a freak or not" LOL!!!! The answer to that is No, she's not.
Is that your answer, or was it a general consensus?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.