Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12 >

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Community
Notices

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Old 01-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

I can't believe it's after 11 and this is the first chance I've had to get on FitDay today ! I will be glad when this crazy week is done.

I had one small triumph today, though; I couldn't log, but I did write things down, tried to think about my choices (ordered lunch at the practice and couldn't look it up...I hate that) and did not, for once, use not logging as an excuse to slip off my plan. Gonna go put the food into the log and see how I did.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I can't believe it's after 11 and this is the first chance I've had to get on FitDay today ! I will be glad when this crazy week is done.

I had one small triumph today, though; I couldn't log, but I did write things down, tried to think about my choices (ordered lunch at the practice and couldn't look it up...I hate that) and did not, for once, use not logging as an excuse to slip off my plan. Gonna go put the food into the log and see how I did.
I missed your post last night, did you make it to the gym?

Has Quinn, been around?
Old 01-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I missed your post last night, did you make it to the gym?

Has Quinn, been around?
I made it to the stationary bike in the basement. Tonight I ran the treadmill for a mile but that's really all I had time to do...energy to do...and it wasn't all too comfortable; I was in wicked heels all day. Not counting it as one of my exercise sessions, but I wanted to stay in the routine.

I haven't seen a post from Quinn; I know she had a very busy week as well.

1. 1350 calorie limit daily. 1196, 1348 no lie, 1386
2. Limit processed foods. Yes, Yes, Yes
3. 2 sports bottles of water...don't count tea, flavored water, etc. Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Exercise 6 times. One, Two
5. Log everything (even the small stuff: cough drops, vitamins...). Yes, Yes,Yes
6. Do at least one journal entry in FD daily. Yes, Yes, Yes
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes
8. No treats passing as snacks (see above). None, Homemade granola bar, None

Well, my estimating put me over, but it could have been much worse. I had a pumpernickel bagel and chicken soup at lunch and I really underestimated the bagel there and then, BUT I only ate half and brought the other half home to weigh. It was a big sucker, too, and I had the other half for a snack later tonight. The rest of the day balanced out the pie chart pretty well, so overall I feel like I dodged a bullet. I swear, I got the nervous shakies when I realized I couldn't log all day. I'm with Pam, I have withdraws from y'all!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 01-11-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I made it to the stationary bike in the basement. Tonight I ran the treadmill for a mile but that's really all I had time to do...energy to do...and it wasn't all too comfortable; I was in wicked heels all day. Not counting it as one of my exercise sessions, but I wanted to stay in the routine.

I haven't seen a post from Quinn; I know she had a very busy week as well.
Ohhh, I thought we were supposed to workout last night.

I think that every last one of us should PM Quinn and tell her that we miss her. I just sent mine, Cassie, you're next.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

That was my workout, and it was a good one, too. I couldn't do weights, did upper and lower on Monday.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

I know, I was just busting your chops. Maybe I am feeling a little better.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:41 PM
FitDay Member

Lizzie My taste buds are not too bad today I had a wonderful lunch in a whole foods restaurant it was a surf bowl =salmon, fresh veg, sour cabbage, cilantro, red pepper yogurt on wild rice and oh my it was yummy. I hope you have a great day.

Volleyballgranny It was our ladies ministry team at our church and we do many things really well talking is certainly one of them but my grandma was a tops member and I agree those ladies can talk also I waited outside many a meeting waiting for her. I love avocado.

April Tues was a great day for you congrats. My lunch was great and the views were breathtaking its storm season on the west coast so the waves crashing into the rocks are just spectacular to see and the sun was shining which brought the eagles out to fish along the rivers on our drive up, it was a great day!

Mh Oww sore teeth would be horrible I have empathy for you but no suggestions, sorry.

Mern Thanks for the recipe I will definitely try it. I think the interview went well but it’s hard to say it was one of those give me an example of your worst day at work, give me an example of how you would deal with an insubordinate employee so no real right or wrong answer just depends on if my management style fits the companies agenda. They said they would be contacting people for round three of interviews within the next couple weeks so God willing, I did my part to the best of my ability. I am so glad you and gs had a better morning.

Mike I am happy you are feeling a bit better today.

Pam I hope you found an inexpensive cord. Relax and enjoy that pedicure!

Tori I hope your headache passes soon.

Joanna Yeah on getting to the gym, want to give me a shove to I seem to need one I have been hiking tons but no gym in almost 3 weeks. My trainer suggested 35% protein a day I find I get about 30% but I do need to have a protein shake every day and I tend to build muscle quickly which is just genetics so I am doing more cardio then weights in order to lose weight and maintain muscle, did you ask your trainer what she would suggest maybe you are the opposite of me and need more weights less cardio.

Beth I share your snack pain its actually the joke at church now that I will bring something healthy so everyone else can bring dessert.

Amy I am sure hubby would find you sexy no matter what you wear even if it’s a mouth guard, plus you can just do your squats right before sleep he won’t be looking at your mouth guard then.

Cassie I am glad you were able to eat well even while having a crazy week I hope you have some down time planned for the weekend, did you finish your puzzle?

Main Were are you I am all alone posting late at night.

Chatty group today I hope I didn't miss anyone. I am feeling a lot better today but I am very tired it's been a great but long day and I am going hiking tomorrow so I am off to bed. I hope you all have a fantastic Thursday!

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=0, T=6.2k, W=0
Exercise 5 days: M=N, T=Hike, W=N
Squats 5 days: M=N, T=Y, W=N
Ab work 5 days: M=N, T=Y but barely, W=N
Calories less than 1400: M=1081, T=1341, W=1471
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-680, T= -776, W=-417
No sugar: M=N, T=Y, W=N
Old 01-11-2012, 10:17 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie, glad you had a successful day even without FD!

Bible Study potential trap (goodies shared by others) turned out fine last night. Some kind soul brought a veggie/fruit tray (someone like you, Darlene). Turns out there's a fellow there who is diabetic so I wasn't the only person hoping for some other options. Tonight hopefully will be a repeat performance, or maybe if I have time, I'll pick up some fruit to cut up.

Missed one of my action goals, though...didn't floss last night. But I'm going to take Mern's advice and do it this morning before I leave for work.

Hope everyone has a good day today. Will check in later.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:04 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Report Card
Health Goals:

1. CALORIES 1,400 M-F, 1,600 SS! 1,440, 1,493, 1,426
2. EXERCISE 7 HOURS! 110 min, 0 min, 105 min (total 3:35)
3. WATER 100oz DAILY! Y,Y,75
4. WEEKLY CALORIE DEFICIT 5,000! -1,083, -619, -928 (total -2,632)
5. 10,000 STEPS ON THE PEDOMETER, 2,000 AEROBIC! 12,855-9400, 5,365-0, 21,018-11,363
6. NO WHEAT 3 DAYS! N,N,Y
7. LOG LOG LOG! Y,Y,Y
8. WEIGH AND POST DAILY! 166.4, 165.4, 166.4, 165.8

Other Goals:

1. Write Valentines letter. N,N,N
2. Finish 1 rabbit cage. Some. Some. N
3. Housekeeping, 45 min/daily + 1 load of laundry. YY,YY,NN
4. Call doctor's office, straighten out meds. Y,Y DONE
5. Drop form off at the pediatricians office for school. N,N,N
6. Get gifts purchased and wrapped. N,N, Bought 2 1/2

I spent most of yesterday shopping, with 2 small children in tow. Ugh, what a nightmare. I love my girls, but seriously wish they had arrived with remote controls so I could mute the whining. Our youngest is NOT a shopper, unfortunately for her, I had a ton of errands to run in town, most of which centered around her or her sisters. She spent most of the day acting like she was being punished for a crime she didn't commit.

I bribed good behavior out of her with lunch at Logan's Roadhouse, which worked but not until I threatened to feed her a cold egg salad sandwich from the gas station on the car ride home. OMG I should have continued to take exception to her behavior because lunch at Logan's almost KILLED me. The hot rolls slathered in butter, the buckets of dry roasted peanuts, the chicken tenders that the 2 year old wouldn't eat, the fries. OMG it was pure unadulterated hell. Even worse the kids boxed up their leftovers and ate them for a snack during the long car ride home. So I spent about 2 hours yesterday with heavy salivation issues (thank heaven I didn't get pulled over while driving home eh?). I ordered the Kicken' Chicken salad, with very light cheese, hold the ranch dressing and tortilla chips. It was good, but it's not a hot buttered roll or a piece of deep fried battered chicken. Unfortunately for me I was so hungry that I gobbled it up in like 90 seconds and spent the rest of the meal slapping my own hands and trying to get 2 whiny kids to eat.

I gotta get going, 1 of 3 is dressed and ready to go to school, the other two are screaming at each other.

Last edited by almeeker; 01-11-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:13 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
So when are you going to play Words With Friends with us? I got Amy hooked and she even got the Baldwin dude kicked off the plane.

I just had a Sonic Blast, I was craving it so much. Just finished it and now I almost feel sick. It seemed like way to much, which is odd b/c I haven't been going low carb...
I did not get the Baldwin dude thrown off the plane, but I could have...

Too bad about the Blast, maybe what you need for Sonic is a partner like you have for the gym?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.