Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12 >

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Community
Notices

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Old 01-10-2012, 05:21 PM
FitDay Member

Tori Fridge cleaning is no fun I laughed at your nothing growing in their comment you better get on that chore or that may change.

Cassie Great day for goals even in a funk, good job.

At my meeting tonight I discovered a funny difference between acquaintances and friends the first couple ladies came in and we had some small talk about the meeting, the next group arrived and one lady pointed out I looked a little tired well then the next group contained a couple friends one who says you look like crap why aren’t you bed the other says I’m not sitting next to you I don’t want to catch it. I love my friends. The other ladies decided we could skip the old business review and go straight to what need done today and we would have a longer meeting in two weeks to cover spring planning. So thanks to my friends my meeting was over at 9 and this is a group that can drag out these planning meetings until 10:30 usually, so my wonderful thing today is the honesty of friends.

Have a great Wednesday. I won’t be checking in until late hubby has a sales call in a beautiful little tourist town about 4hrs from here so I am going to go and do some shop browsing while he’s on his call and we are going to lunch in a lovely resort overlooking the ocean, I really hope I can taste more tomorrow.

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=0, T=6.2k
Exercise 5 days: M=N, T=Hike
Squats 5 days: M=N, T=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=N, T=Y but barely
Calories less than 1400: M=1081, T=1341
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-680, T= -776
No sugar: M=N, T=Y
Old 01-10-2012, 10:29 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report Card
Health Goals:

1. CALORIES 1,400 M-F, 1,600 SS! 1,440, 1,493
2. EXERCISE 7 HOURS! 110 min, 0 min (total 1:50)
3. WATER 100oz DAILY! Y,Y
4. WEEKLY CALORIE DEFICIT 5,000! -1,083, -619 (total -1,702)
5. 10,000 STEPS ON THE PEDOMETER, 2,000 AEROBIC! 12,855-9400, 5,365-0
6. NO WHEAT 3 DAYS! N,N
7. LOG LOG LOG! Y,Y
8. WEIGH AND POST DAILY! 166.4, 165.4, 166.4

Other Goals:

1. Write Valentines letter. N,N
2. Finish 1 rabbit cage. Some. Some
3. Housekeeping, 45 min/daily + 1 load of laundry. YY,YY
4. Call doctor's office, straighten out meds. Y,Y
5. Drop form off at the pediatricians office for school. N,N
6. Get gifts purchased and wrapped. N,N

Yesterday didn't go as well as Monday, but today should be pretty good. I have a ton of things to get accomplished, and the kids have practice tonight so I should be able to get in my workout.

Mike and Cassie, I was in a bit of a funk yesterday too, apparently the crud was cyber contagious again. I also got slapped with everybody's scale voodoo, it was up this morning, 1/2 lb more than I weighed last night before I went to bed. How is that even possible? Am I gaining weight through osmosis? Figures.

Well I gotta get going. Apparently the barometer isn't down, because middle child has already had 2 complete meltdowns and is in the kitchen right now growling and pouting at a bowl of cereal.

Last edited by almeeker; 01-10-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:09 PM
FitDay Member

Darlene. Hope you are improving, your taste buds are zinging and you really enjoy lunch today, take it easy.

Everyone else, hope things are going well with you all today, I seem to be very out of synch with the thread, so I'm going to work out the best time to catch up and stick with that,

Better late than never my goals for this week

1. Log everything and stay below 1200 cals N Y
2. 30 mins ex at least 5 days Y N
3. Eat more vegetables and less carbs Y Y
4. Only 1 chocolate (my kiss) per day Y Y
5. Wine only on weekend Y Y

General

1 Phone my insurance company to get my engagement ring added. Y
2 Log on to start my online course in TEFL
3. Start researching a holiday in France for the extended family
4. Clear out the bedside drawers of all the rubbish that I've collected
5. Throw out my large collection of old bras in various sizes that really don't fit anymore
Old 01-11-2012, 12:49 AM
FitDay Member

Default It's Wednesday! Happy day!

Darlene...Was it a TOPS meeting? Some of our TOPS people used to want to drag the meeting on forever!

To those walking around hungry, try some healthy fats--like half an avocado or olive oil on your salad. Our bodies NEED healthy fats.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness Goals...
1. 100oz water a day M: Yes, T: Yes,
2. Limit of one diet Coke daily M: Yes, T: Yes,
3. Walk on lunch unless actually raining except Tuesday (work through lunch to go to an appointment)...who cares if it is cold out! M: 1.5m in 26min, T: N/A,
4. Listen to myself when I'm full. No eating just because I want more. M: Yes, T: Yes,
5. Workout 4 out of 5 days Weds-Sun W: 1hr 5min,
6. Weigh and post it every day M: 276.4, T: 273.2, W: 272.8,
7. Be very careful about eating after dinner, seems to be a problem lately. M: Yes, T: Yes,

Life Goals ...
1. Keep hands busy in the evening. Do something other than facebook for a while. M: Yes, T: Yes,
a. Mend the rest of hubby's work socks. M: No, T: Yes - DONE!
2. Do handwashing. M: No, T: No
Old 01-11-2012, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

Once upon a time (aka last night), I drove from Charleston, SC to Atlanta, GA to Greenville, SC to Clemson, SC. Total:10hours. I never want to drive again and just want to sleep for days. This is obscene. First day back to class and I am EXHAUSTED.

Also, does anyone have any tricks on soothing sensitive teeth? I did a whitening proceedure given to me by my dentist and I feel like I've been curbstomped
Old 01-11-2012, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

Good day yesterday. I feel like I am back in the grove. Still need to get back into the exercise mode as well. hard to do get a routine going when i take off on holidays in two weeks. Keep up the good work all. Mary
Old 01-11-2012, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Once upon a time (aka last night), I drove from Charleston, SC to Atlanta, GA to Greenville, SC to Clemson, SC. Total:10hours. I never want to drive again and just want to sleep for days. This is obscene. First day back to class and I am EXHAUSTED.

Also, does anyone have any tricks on soothing sensitive teeth? I did a whitening proceedure given to me by my dentist and I feel like I've been curbstomped
Sensodyne toothpaste--it's not just for the old folks. It will really help with the sensitivity.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry, ladies! Grandson did his own breakfast chores this morning (setting his place, pouring his juice and/or milk, and making his toast) without even being asked! So don't wait for a FedEx truck to deliver muffins to you.

I know you were having fun with me and being supportive, but here's the easy muffin recipe for anyone who really is interested. For those of you who don't like flaxmeal, the cocoa and the coffee really do very much mask the flavor. My grandkids dislike flaxmeal, but thought they were just eating chocolate muffins.

Chocolate Mocha Flaxmeal Muffins
Mern's recipe
They freeze well and are delicious rewarmed

**Note: these are moist muffins. If using paper muffin/cupcake tin liners,
peel off paper before rewarming in microwave for maybe 10 seconds or so.

Delicious for breakfast or a snack with a cup of almond coffee--just regular coffee to which 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon almond extract is added.

Muffin Ingredients:
1/2 cup egg substitute (like Egg Beaters) or 2 eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cup room temperature or cold strong prepared coffee (I use decaf but use what you like)
4 tablespoons oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup ground flaxmeal (I use Bob's Red Mill brand found in baking or health food aisle of grocery store)
6 tablespoons dry Vanilla Protein Shake Mix (I use Walker Diet found online)
1 cup granular Splenda, Apriva or other heat stable, pourable artificial sweetener that measures the same as sugar (the volume is necessary for proper texture)
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spray 12 cup muffin tin with PAM or use paper liners

1. In a large bowl beat eggs well with hand whisk.

2. Add remaining wet ingredients and combine well.

3. In a separate bowl, combine well all the dry ingredients.

4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet, until just well combined with no lumps.

5. Divide evenly between the 12 muffin cups (about 1/4 cup each). Bake about 14 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

6. Cool 5 minutes in muffin tin on wire rack. Then, if not using paper liners, loosen around each muffin with a plastic knife and then remove muffins onto wire rack.

Entire recipe makes 12--with egg substitute and pourable Splenda, and 1 net carb protein shake mix: 1412 calories; 100.7g fat; 14.4g sat fat; 54g poly fat; 23.8 mono fat; 93.2 carbs 48.1g carbs 65.9g protein; cholesterol 25mg.

Per muffin 117 calories; fat 8.4g; 1.2g sat fat; 4.6g poly fat; mono fat 2.0g; Carbs 7.7g; Fiber 4.0g; Net carbs 3.7g; Protein 5.3g; cholesterol 2.1mg

Last edited by Mern; 01-11-2012 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Just sentence structure--no changes in recipe
Old 01-11-2012, 02:49 AM
FitDay Member

Got a bunch to do and will have to catch up with y'all and post my Tuesday report later, but quickly:

Cassie, thanks for your kind words about my posts to you. That really made me feel good that I can be of help, either with passing along some experience or giving you a cyberhug or a chuckle.

Darlene, I breath through my mouth when exercising, too. I see most of the people on my aerobic walking DVD doing that, too. Great that the hike gave you more energy for your interview. So how did the interview go?

Mike, so glad to learn that the gym helped you "get the funk out."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.