Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12 >

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Community
Notices

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Old 01-09-2012, 04:07 AM
FitDay Member

OMG I so need to be in this week! I am still up from the holidays and TOTM. Are those excuses I hear or maybe just some whining? Yeah, that's what it is...whining! I know what I need to do. I just need to get back on it before this gets out of control.

Health/Fitness Goals...
1. 100oz water a day
2. Limit of one diet Coke daily
3. Walk on lunch unless actually raining except Tuesday (work through lunch to go to an appointment)...who cares if it is cold out!
4. Listen to myself when I'm full. No eating just because I want more.
5. Workout 4 out of 5 days Weds-Sun
6. Weigh and post it every day M: 276.4
7. Be very careful about eating after dinner, seems to be a problem lately.

Life Goals ...
1. Keep hands busy in the evening. Do something other than facebook for a while.
a. Mend the rest of hubby's work socks.
2. Do handwashing.

Amy ... Thank you for starting this week with such enthusiasm. I need it. I hope you enjoy your new pedometer.

Quinn ... I hope you make it through this hectic week. I hate when you feel overbooked.

Cassie ... I have a problem with those borderline treats too. Hope you have a great week!

Tori ... I have to go read about your date night. Sounds like it went well though. Congrats!

Darlene ... Hope you feel better soon. Get lots of rest today. Maybe your daughter could do up those dishes for ya? You need to be on your game for your interview tomorrow. Congrats on getting a 2nd interview BTW!

Luv ... I still love the energy that shows through in your posts.

[B]Mern/B] ... Down 2 lbs!! Woohoo!!! Way to go girl!!!

Mike ... I haven't been on last weeks thread but sounds like you lost your 5lbs! Good job!!

Pam ... Good luck being away at a conference. I hope you get the routine this time of no traps to fall into.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

OK I'm in. Hi everybody!

Amy, enjoy the pedometer! Mike and Mern, congrats on the losses! Darlene, baby yourself and feel better!!! Good luck to Quinn and Pam; I know you can meet and conquer your challenges!!! Now I am asking myself if I can do the same thing regarding my challenges: "Have ya got it in ya, punk? Well, have ya?" (OK that's my bad Clint Eastwood impersonation.)

My goals:
1) Lose 2 pounds this week (the one I gained and one more)
2) stretch every day
3) gym or walk 3x this week
4) avoid sleep aids
5) avoid pain pills
6) back away from the child while still somehow being supportive
7) be nicer to DH; he deserves it
8) deal with medical stuff

Last edited by canary52; 01-09-2012 at 05:04 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

OK, got in my exercise and logged, and planned my meals for the day, but delayed my shower to get caught up on our thread. Thought I'd have time to shower before picking up my high school grandkids from school, but I'll just have to quickly freshen up and shower after I get back from picking up my elementary school grandkids at 3:15. There just aren't enough hours in the day for me to get done all that I want to do before dinner time!

Originally Posted by almeeker
Morning everybody, I'm on fire this morning to get healthy and fit, and willing to share, drag, beat anyone who's not feeling it. Roll call, who's in?
Amy, thanks for starting us out with a pep-talk. I'm inspired by your threat to drag and beat us if we don't feel it. Honestly, I felt pumped reading it. Timing of our excercise is really important. So glad you shared your experience of getting ravenously hungry after your mid-afternoon walk. Sometimes we just don't have enough notice to plan ahead. Is there something you can think of that you can do next time it happens--like having on hand some healthful, on-plan staples that can carry you through until dinner or that you can grab to take with you in case you don't come right home afterwards? I hope your new pedometer works well and keeps you inspired. Nice SIL!

Cassie, no, they may not be valid excuses in your eyes, but it's great that you thought it through well and came up with REASONS for your getting off track that you were able to consider when formulating your new goals. Best wishes on reducing your processed foods and thanks for pointing out how many "healthful" foods ARE actually processed.

Tori, when I was manager of a craft store, I had a young college student who thought he was being picked on when I asked him nicely to take out the trash. He protested that he was above doing that. I told him, "I'm the manager and I'm not above that. Not only do I do my share of taking out the trash, but I also clean our employee bathrooms including the men's room because none of you guys seem care about cleanliness in there." Maybe it's time for you to gather the guys and explain you're not their mother and assign them to take out the trash on certain days of the week or something. LOL

Quinn, best wishes on your busy week. Congrats on formulating goals this week that should be attainable under the circumstances.

Darlene, thanks for your encouragement on my loss. Glad the Nyquil helped you sleep. Also glad you are able to get back into bed--rest is so important in recovering from a bad cold. Wishing you a speedy recovery--and a dishwashing fairy. But if the fairy doesn't arrive, just soak the crusty ones clean. It'll be fine. Big hug to ya!

Luv, nice goals this week! Thanks for the darling Bravo smilie. I love it! LOL

Pam, thanks for your congrats on my loss, too. Nice goals this week. I hope you can get that BP under control somehow. Any ideas at all on what you could do to make a difference? I know you also have white coat syndrome, but I forgot--are you on BP meds?

April, come on--grab our hands so we can pull you back into the wagon! Looks like you have very reasonable goals. We KNOW you can do it! Next week I'm going to congratulate YOU on your weight loss. Even a fraction of a pound loss is praiseworthy.

Hope, long time, no see! Welcome back! Thanks for your congrats. Congrats to YOU on integrating your Clint Eastwood impersonation into your self-pep talk. LOL That gave me a great chuckle. Your goals look very doable.

Last edited by Mern; 01-09-2012 at 05:30 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:44 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for all your well wishes. My dish fairy came in the form of my daughter she also is going to cook supper so I can rest without feeling bad.

Not really feeling hungry but I ate a couple oranges hoping the vitamin c will at least be helpful.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:45 AM
FitDay Member

Hey guys, I'm in! My goals are to do good things.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
OK I'm in. Hi everybody!

Amy, enjoy the pedometer! Mike and Mern, congrats on the losses! Darlene, baby yourself and feel better!!! Good luck to Quinn and Pam; I know you can meet and conquer your challenges!!! Now I am asking myself if I can do the same thing regarding my challenges: "Have ya got it in ya, punk? Well, have ya?" (OK that's my bad Clint Eastwood impersonation.)

My goals:
1) Lose 2 pounds this week (the one I gained and one more)
2) stretch every day
3) gym or walk 3x this week
4) avoid sleep aids
5) avoid pain pills
6) back away from the child while still somehow being supportive
7) be nicer to DH; he deserves it
8) deal with medical stuff

Glad to see you back, Hope. I had been thinking about you.

Mern, way to rock a loss, girl! Many kudos to you for once again showing us how it's done . I'd send you some hours for your day if I could, but they seem to be in short supply all around. How did breakfast go this morning??

April, good luck keeping your hands busy. Being as this is a family forum, I'll keep it clean . I will say that having that jigsaw puzzle out has helped me in that respect. I know you are crafty so you will find something, or many things.

Quinn, I hear ya; have a week like that myself. Crazy days and everything is butting right up against or over the dinner hour. We will get through this with planning, yes we will. Good luck with all your responsibilities. I know for me, the busier I am, the better I do and the more I get done, so hopefully this will be a great week.

Morning, Tori...don't maim anyone today, k? Hope you have a good one and aren't knee-high in rubbish by the time quitting time comes around!

Luv, great goals; you're doing so well! Keep it up!

Pam, best wishes on your week; I know it has the potential for good or bad. You'll do fine. I'm not sure what's not working but I think it's in my head, not in the numbers. That's part of my journal assignment! Did have my in-laws get on the "you're too thin" kick over the holidays and I think it shifted something in my brain that I could take a few more food liberties than I normally do, and then the addictive qualities came out and that was all she wrote. But I had a great day yesterday and I feel really strong today, so I'm ready to knock it out of the park.

Darlene, I feel so bad for you . Try to sleep it off and get better. Have some chicken soup and a hot bath and some insipid daytime television.

Love your goal, Joanna...that says it all.

Hope all are having a great day! Time to get back to work, and if I'm home in time, another driving lesson !
Old 01-09-2012, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

I love the title of this weeks thread! No more excuses! I am in!

I will myself on Friday since its TOTM and I don't want to be shocked, I think by Friday I will get a more realistic number of the damage. I need to travel today so I am not sure I will be posting tomorrow but I will try but most importantly I will be serious about getting back on track.

Goals for the week.

Calories at 1200.
2 liters of water.
Exercise 4 times.
Deal with inbox.
Start sessions.
Take one hour a day to write.

Amy, thank you for starting us! I can feel your energy hope your week goes great.

Cassie, best wishes for this new week and finding what works for you now.

Tori, read on the past thread about your date, sounded lovely and for sure it will give you time to be closer to your goal! Any winners yet?

Quinn, glad to hear you are doing good foodwise, hope you manage your busy schedule.

Mern, congrats on the pounds lost and your loveliness! I still need to figure out the exercise part but I am back to logging Glad to read Bethany is all better now!

Darlene, take care of that cold, I hear you on getting more colds since being on a diet, happened to me in october and november... but feel better and forget those dishes.

Fit4luv, looks like you are getting the hang of your goals perfectly! Keep at it girl!

Pam., nice looking goals!

April, I'm with you on the TOTM and holiday gain, but I don't want to brave the scale just yet.

Hope, lovely to see you back! You can do this!
Old 01-09-2012, 05:49 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness Goals...
1. 100oz water a day
2. Limit of one diet Coke daily
3. Walk on lunch unless actually raining except Tuesday (work through lunch to go to an appointment)...who cares if it is cold out! M: 1.5m in 26min, T: N/A,
4. Listen to myself when I'm full. No eating just because I want more.
5. Workout 4 out of 5 days Weds-Sun
6. Weigh and post it every day M: 276.4
7. Be very careful about eating after dinner, seems to be a problem lately.

Life Goals ...
1. Keep hands busy in the evening. Do something other than facebook for a while.
a. Mend the rest of hubby's work socks.
2. Do handwashing.

Did my lunch walk so updated that goal. Not record breaking but not too slow of a pace either. And I was stopped twice for about 30 seconds to BS in the parking lot with someone.

Mern ... You are one no-nonsense lady. Telling that boy about cleaning up after himself and fighting the breakfast battle with your GS. How was it this morning BTW? I am actually quite like that at work. I have heard it said about myself that I "run a tight ship" Too bad I don't have that effect at home on my youngest. LOL. ... Thanks for the hand up onto the wagon. I have become more resolved to do better again. I think I took a mental vacation from losing in the past few weeks. I said to my hubby just last night that I need to do better with this again and decided not to have a snack while I made him a chicken wrap for night time snack. I got a sugar free popsicle instead.

Hope ... Welcome Back! I hope you are able to avoid the meds but know that they do have their place.

Joanna ... Love your goal! It is perfect.

Cassie ... I have lots to do to stay busy. It's just a matter of actually doing any of those things. I tend to veg with the hubby after dinner as we don't get a lot of time to spend just together. Since I am more resolved to walking on my lunches again I should take home my cross-stitch project so that maybe I can actually finish it and get it hung in the bathroom. ... Now to find something to keep my mouth busy besides snacking too

Main80 ... Sorry about your TOTM and holiday weight too. We can do this! Have safe travels today.

Last edited by wildbeanerz; 01-09-2012 at 06:32 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:25 AM
FitDay Member

Anyone else experiencing logging in and then going to post a reply and being told you're not logged in? I think it's three times that happened to me in the past couple weeks. Or maybe I'm just nuts!

Darlene, aw, you got a dish fairy and dinner fairy all rolled into one. What a nice daughter! I hope you got some well-deserved rest on account of her generosity. Yeah, I also hope that vitamin C from the oranges helps, too.

Joanna, doing good things is a wonderful goal. You go, girl!

Cassie, thanks for your generous kudos! So much of what I do is from knowledge I gained from all my buddies HERE! One of the most important things of all was learning how to put that nutrition tracker to good use. Golly, I can't think of ANYONE in our group who has any hours to spare. But I guess that's good because it shows we're needed and are active. I hope you enjoy another driving lesson with your son today!

Breakast was sooooooooo yummy--a warm, homemade chocolate mocha flaxmeal muffin and decaf coffee to which I added just a teaspoon of coffee creamer and 1/8 teaspoon almond extract. I was in HEAVEN--ate it very SLOWLY to enjoy it as long as possible! LOL Felt like I was cheating, but I wasn't.

Lunch was 2 servings of cooked spinach (did ya hear that, Darlene? LOL) and some almonds.

Dinner was crockpot lean pork loin, pasta and celery cooked in defatted chicken and pork broth (no sauce for me but DH got tomato sauce) and sweet & sour cucumbers as a salad.

Snack will be a low carb shake (with flaxmeal if I still need more fiber) and if I can't resist, I have plenty calories, carbs, sat fat, etc. left over for a sugar free dark chocolate miniature.

Main80, I think I'll claim your TOTM as an excuse this Friday since I don't get that 'cause I'm 65. LOL Truly, though, I hope you have an easy time of it and also that your travel today is enjoyable. I admire your courage--there's no way I could stick to 1200 calories for a whole week--I'd feel like I was starving. But that's just me--I have to do at least 1500. Of course, that's another reason why I lose so slowly... Your other goals are equally wonderful--I hope you achieve all of them. I have "lovliness"? Wow, thanks, you sweetheart! Giggle, giggle. Thanks for your kind words about Bethany. too.

April, yeah, I do TRY to be a no nonsense lady when it comes to my reasonable expectations of others. I'm not easily intimidated and I have to try hard to make myself listen to other people's entire point of view when I'm the one in charge but someone is protesting. But I HAVE learned I don't need to yell when someone is acting like an idiot if I have the upper hand anyway--not that I NEVER yell, but it doesn't happen as often since I'm older. Things are different at home--our kids and grandkids don't get a paycheck to mind us. LOL As far as Grandson goes, we MAY be making progress. This morning Grandson got up from his nap the first time I told him as I was on my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth. But DH was trying to help (he usually sleeps in) and he forgot Grandson is supposed to get out his own dishes, pour his drink. and make his own toast if I'm not making him something like pancakes, French toast or waffles. When I came out from brushing my teeth, DH had already done Grandson's "breakfast chores." So I don't know how it would have gone today if DH hadn't stepped in. Hey, girl, you're welcome for the hand up onto the wagon, but I see you had already resolved to hop on yourself. Way to go! Kudos on having the sugar free popsicle for a snack last night! Really nice goals posted for this week and great job on the lunch walk!
Old 01-09-2012, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

Count me in.

My goals for the week:

1) Stop beating myself up over weight gained in 2011. Get over it and move on.

2) Stick to basic 11 block Zone diet. It's what worked in the past, and it will work again if I just follow it. I've been doing very well with this since the first of the year and have lost about 3 lbs.

3) Stop eating on auto-pilot. I'm taking classes on-line, and when I sit down at the computer to do the coursework, I get the munchies something fierce! It is too easy to just start mindlessly snacking.

4) Ease back into exercise. For the last week or so I've just been trying to be more active, and I am going to stick with that for this week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.