Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12 >

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Notices

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Old 01-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

I think it was this time last year we were "snowed in" for a week. And I use that term loosely, because I didn't grow up down here. Boy, that was a great week...it reminded me of the snow days we had when I was little...they were like a gift you didn't expect .
Old 01-12-2012, 02:36 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
I get the same chuckles watching people here in the Piedmont. Another thing they buy up is MEAT. It's like "Whoa! Supposed to snow an inch tomorrow? I gotta go buy MEAT!" The shelves are cleared of everything. Growing up in New York where it really snowed, I'm always amazed at this phenomenon. It's kinda scary as well. I've seen cars overturned on the sides of the road with just a few inches on the ground.
I've been here my whole life, and it always amuses me. Also working in grocery, it irritates me to no end. I've literally seen one woman buy 10 loaves of bread! Who needs that much Bunny Giant bread??? Even if it does snow, or ice, give it 2 days tops and it's gonna be gone! Of course there are exceptions where power goes out over large areas, and the crews can't get it restored in time, but still a week is the most I've ever been without power. And even if the power does go out, where are they supposed to PUT THE GROCERIES??? Out in the snow?? The bad thing here is, when it does snow, it usually starts to melt the next day. And then it dips below freezing again and the roads ice over. THAT'S when the cars overturn.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:46 PM
FitDay Member

Country is definitely more of a twang. It also over uses the letter R. Country speakers will put a R on everthang.

So, I've downloaded the app....now what???
Old 01-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Country is definitely more of a twang. It also over uses the letter R. Country speakers will put a R on everthang.

So, I've downloaded the app....now what???
create an account then PM me your username. Just a heads up. I'll start the first game just b/c your new to it but I have this "unwritten" rule that the winner starts the next rematch.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:08 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday's Progress---I'm one calorie over today....ONE!!!!! Not too bad considering a surprise dinner out.

Health/Fitness

1--1200 to 1300 calories during the week, max 1500 on the weekends--1228, 1079, 1102, 1301it's one little calorie, I'm counting it
2--at least 64 oz water a day!--oh yes I did, didn't get the full 64 but it was a close call. I'll call it a draw seeing as I only had the 1 Dew again, not even close!!! nope
3--exercise at least 4 times--I've GOT to nail this one this week. I start out the week so good and then the latter part rolls around and I get tired. BUT NO EXCUSES THIS WEEK!!--yes, yes, day off, took another day off--too much going on today
4--shooting for at least a 2 lb loss--starting weight Monday morning~222.8--didn't weigh, up 0.6, down 0.2 from starting weight.....all over the place so far this week, didn't weigh

Life/Home

1--clean out car--UGH it's driving me insane!!--didn't have to build an ark, so I got most of it done, still need to vacuum her though, haven't had time
2--keep up to date on paperwork--so far so good this week, still in the clear on this one.
DONE!3--go BACK to store and get them to take the security device off new sweater--tomorrow after work, yup!!
DONE!4--clean out refridgerator--it's not pretty in there --OH YEAH BABY! Nothing too scary either, AND now I can see what is exactly in there
Old 01-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

1. 1350 calorie limit daily. 1196, 1348 no lie, 1386, 1211
2. Limit processed foods. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. 2 sports bottles of water...don't count tea, flavored water, etc. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Exercise 6 times. One, Two, Three
5. Log everything (even the small stuff: cough drops, vitamins...). Yes, Yes,Yes, Yes
6. Do at least one journal entry in FD daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Nope
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
8. No treats passing as snacks (see above). None, Homemade granola bar, None, None

Something wonderful that happened today: Three things did, actually! First, at work, someone I was not married to or related to, and who was an actual (male) adult, called me beautiful (lol, but still nice just the same); I was able to dig up some old files of articles that are going to help me help someone out a ton (I knew I had them but could not for the life of me put my hands on them between home and office until about 30 min ago; super frustrating), and my niece shared a website with me that made me laugh so hard I couldn't breathe and tears were running down my face...and I truly have needed that this week .

Hope you all are having good days. I'm hoping to get back on track with being a bit more active tomorrow. Be well, everyone!
Old 01-12-2012, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Well it looks like after 8 years, my GF & I are headed to splitsville. I may post more and vent tomorrow.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:33 PM
FitDay Member

Mike. Sorry to hear your news, I hope things get sorted amicably whatever you guys decide.

Cassie. Glad I brightened your day a little. Isn't it great when "others" notice you. I know it may be a little vain but we all deserve to receive some compliments now and again.
Before Christmas BF and I ran into an ex of mine from many years ago who I stay in touch with by very occasional phone calls or email, thankfully I was dressed to kill, make up on, hair just done. Last week I got an email saying how good it was to see me and how GREAT I looked, it was only a few lines but it made me feel beautiful.

Mern. I will also investigate a faux low carb version of the muesli muffins, and it may get me back to backing now I know I don't have to eat them all in a couple of days but can freeze them lol. Sounds like you've cracked the GS situation and without resorting to posting him interstate or worse......

When it snows here everything comes to a grinding halt, we are just not geared up for that kind of weather, it only happens every few years but when it does it's chaos and yes we get the hoarders in the shops too. Last year was pretty bad for about 3 weeks but it's been fairly mild until now although it was -4 last night.

Have a wonderful day everyone, TGIF and the weekend calls. All that talk of chilli inspired me, the mince is out of the freezer and all the sauce ingredients are being bought on the way home, I'm actually going to cook a meal tonight and not just peel back the cellophane on a tray, this could be the year I step away from the ready meal aisle.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:16 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone hope you are all well. It has been a crazy day for me so I will catch up tomorrow.

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=0, T=6.2k, W=0, T=8.3k
Exercise 5 days: M=N, T=Hike, W=N, T=Hike
Squats 5 days: M=N, T=Y, W=N, T=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=N, T=Y but barely, W=N, T=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1081, T=1341, W=1471, T=1350
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-680, T= -776, W=-417, T=-894
No sugar: M=N, T=Y, W=N, T=Y
Old 01-12-2012, 08:25 PM
FitDay Member

Yesterday I said if I would have pre-logged my Tuesday evening carb binge I probably would not have eaten it. Well, last night I had plenty of food pre-logged for a snack (chicken and a protein shake with flaxmeal), had plenty other low carb foods on hand on which I could have snacked and achieved a perfectly green day, but I traded the protein shake with flaxmeal for a 34g net carb snack cake and 7 pieces of sugar free chocolate miniatures.

Blue numbers are not yet missed goals because goal is a green number by the END of the week.

Calorie limit 1600 1279, 2061, 876, 1719
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 21.1g, 110.4g, 24.2g, 62.1g
Average daily fiber 25g minimum 25g, 22g 25g, 24g
Average daily cholesterol 300mg maximum 203mg, 188mg, only 47mg, 293mg
Average daily sat fat 12% maximum 12%, 18%, 9%, 19%
Fruits/veggies 5 servings per day YES, 4, YES, YES

Water 48 oz. YES, YES, NO, YES
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, day off, YES
Artificial sweetener limit 2 pks. per day 0, 0, 1. 0
Sugar free dark chocolate miniatures limit 2 per day 1, 4, 0, 7
Vitamin D and fish oil capsules daily YES, YES, YES, YES

Complaint to blessing: very disappointed that I slept only four hours after going to bed early and waking at 2:30AM, unable to get back to sleep, BUT the lack of sleep gave me extra ME time. I was able to catch up on last night's posts and post my report. Still have a whole hour before my grandkids come. May treat myself to a nice cup of tea and a couple computer games.

Last edited by Mern; 01-12-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.